Author Topic: Keyboard of the Month - July - Nominations  (Read 19653 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the Month - July - Nominations
« on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 05:53:25 »
Here we are with July's Keyboard of the Month nomination thread!

Last month's winner was HPE1000's hand wired 60% build

Nominations and +1s will be open until the end of the first week in August, so get your searching caps on!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Keyboard of the Month - July - Nominations
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 02:42:40 »
Surely someone's finished a board?  Can't say I've seen one though  :-\

Actually I did see one, if it's big enough to count - this little beauty.

« Last Edit: Wed, 27 July 2016, 02:44:29 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 02:47:41 »
beehatch's blue themed novatouched hhkb

from here

koala's pink and lavender hhkb
pretty sure there's a full board pic somewhere but i can't find it right now

from here

hhkb's are cute

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 05:39:38 »

Show Image

from here

Show Image

from here

hhkb's are cute

I'll +1 the blue one :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 22:37:59 »

Show Image

from here

Show Image

from here

hhkb's are cute

blue. **** bee tho

jk she alright
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 23:33:27 »
Blue Cyrillic enjoyPBT is da bes.

Source: am typing on it rn.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 05:55:57 »
blue. **** bee tho

jk she alright

Blue Cyrillic enjoyPBT is da bes.

Source: am typing on it rn.

Shall we just declare this month's winner and be done with it? :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 06:14:33 »
There isn't much this month at all... What happens now? :'(

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 06:24:54 »
bee wins
I love Elzy

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 06:31:50 »

CargoVan by evangs

With help from mr. bishop, this board has a really weird layout but it's fun!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 12:30:43 »
There isn't much this month at all... What happens now? :'(

There's still a whole weekend of July left, no need for tears yet :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 20:33:03 »
Show Image

CargoVan by evangs

With help from mr. bishop, this board has a really weird layout but it's fun!

alright well I might have to rethink my vote then but I'll +1 this as well
I love Elzy

Offline Dr_Alphabet

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 20:43:11 »
I found this dope ass board that has lights and everything that I think should be nominated.
Look at me. Look at me. Look what I can do. I'm amazing - Peter Gabriel

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 00:28:36 »
I found this dope ass board that has lights and everything that I think should be nominated.

Could be a new winner!

But not in this universe :p

Offline E3E

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 17:36:33 »
A bit late for this nomination run maybe (pics were posted in July though), but I thought I might as well nominate my Alps NCR build:

It's pretty much a Cherry look-alike board. It was built with that intent, but it uses Brown Linear Alps w/ red LEDs and Cherry Profile Alps mount caps from a Tai Hao FAME keyboard.

Also uses Cherry stabs.

Had to use a plate from a Acer 6011 keyboard to stand in for the Alps switches, but it also required using my dremel to grind out the stab positions so I could use PCB-mount Cherry stabs. It was brutal.

I also had to cut away the inside of the case to get the plate to fit properly, but then I had to go back and reinforce the case with some plastic ABS strips I welded on there with my soldering iron (and a junky tip) to make the case a bit more solid again.

I wanted to make a build log, but I didn't really take enough pics to do a proper photo log.

« Last Edit: Wed, 03 August 2016, 17:43:46 by E3E »

Offline brighenne

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 18:16:56 »
I didn't realize we were allowed to throw our own into these..here's one I put together this month that I'm quite fond of:

Realized I never posted up my recent FMJ build on gh.

Show Image

Show Image

More build pics here.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 18:19:22 »
A bit late for this nomination run maybe (pics were posted in July though), but I thought I might as well nominate my Alps NCR build:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It's pretty much a Cherry look-alike board. It was built with that intent, but it uses Brown Linear Alps w/ red LEDs and Cherry Profile Alps mount caps from a Tai Hao FAME keyboard.

Also uses Cherry stabs.
Show Image

Show Image

Had to use a plate from a Acer 6011 keyboard to stand in for the Alps switches, but it also required using my dremel to grind out the stab positions so I could use PCB-mount Cherry stabs. It was brutal.

I also had to cut away the inside of the case to get the plate to fit properly, but then I had to go back and reinforce the case with some plastic ABS strips I welded on there with my soldering iron (and a junky tip) to make the case a bit more solid again.

I wanted to make a build log, but I didn't really take enough pics to do a proper photo log.

Most original build I've seen in a while! BEAUTIFUL!! Where do I vote?!

Offline E3E

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 18:26:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Also uses Cherry stabs.
Show Image

Show Image

Most original build I've seen in a while! BEAUTIFUL!! Where do I vote?!

Thanks a lot man! It's definitely one of my favorites. :D +1 nominations for now. The voting thread should open in a week or two, but I'm not sure if the board will get the +1s it needs to get in the voting area since I entered it late.

Video is pretty bad, I know. I pretty much just wanted to show off the lighting. I really like it.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 18:31:01 »
Thanks a lot man! It's definitely one of my favorites. :D +1 nominations for now. The voting thread should open in a week or two, but I'm not sure if the board will get the +1s it needs to get in the voting area since I entered it late.

Video is pretty bad, I know. I pretty much just wanted to show off the lighting. I really like it.

I just got tingly in my pants, can I haz please? :D

+1 for my cyberbro E3E!

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 18:31:08 »
Am I allowed to nominate myself?  Gon TKL with stock Gat blacks

Offline E3E

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 18:31:40 »

Show Image

Self-nominations are a thing, yep.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 19:30:30 »

Show Image

Self-nominations are a thing, yep.
Totally nominating myself when I get my new board. :rolleyes:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 21:29:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Also uses Cherry stabs.
Show Image

Show Image

+1

I like the classic beige look, plus industrial-esque case :)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 02:24:26 »
why is this still up, bee already won
I love Elzy

Offline Magna224

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 02:30:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Also uses Cherry stabs.
Show Image

Show Image

+1 for sure. Its pure beauty. That is my official favorite keyboard of all time.
If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 04:01:50 »

Show Image

from here

Show Image

from here

hhkb's are cute

I second bee's hhkb sick blue artisans and caps even tho mx...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 05:35:20 »

Contenders have arisen ...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 11:19:29 »

And the nomination thread doesn't close until the 7th ;)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 14:14:02 »
+1 for Beehatch HHKB. Lovely board.  :cool:
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 21:33:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Also uses Cherry stabs.
Show Image

Show Image

This, This, This +1

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 23:03:42 »
I mean E3E DESERVES to win, but bee wins.
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 23:21:43 »
I mean E3E DESERVES to win, but bee wins.

We shall see ;)