Author Topic: next page button  (Read 3540 times)

Offline BlackWidowMan777

next page button
« on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 02:42:58 »
It would make it much easier especially when browsing from an iPad to have 'next page' and 'previous page' instead of having to aim precisely at the actual page number you want to navigate to.

This would be great thanks!  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: next page button
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 03:51:58 »
Good idea!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 02:34:36 »
It would make it much easier especially when browsing from an iPad to have 'next page' and 'previous page' instead of having to aim precisely at the actual page number you want to navigate to.

This would be great thanks!  :D

Tapatalk!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 02:42:01 »
Maybe like this :)

Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 04:53:30 »
Maybe like this :)
Show Image

Show Image

Or something a bit bigger - easier to hit on a small screen.

Or ... use Tapatalk?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 05:06:03 »

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 05:09:22 »
again
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 05:14:31 »

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:01:50 »
Thanks bueller and rowdy for alerting me to tapatalk. I hadn't heard of it and it makes reading geekhack on the couch much, much easier. Not sure if you can post on the forums yet but I'll check into it later today.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:10:45 »
Thanks bueller and rowdy for alerting me to tapatalk. I hadn't heard of it and it makes reading geekhack on the couch much, much easier. Not sure if you can post on the forums yet but I'll check into it later today.
I do 95% of my geekhacking on Tapatalk. I just posted this from it right now!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:18:48 »
basically make it like the ones at DT but at both the top and bottom of the entire page and it would be perfect
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:30:40 »

Yes, you can.

From what I've heard, attachments functionality is a bit limited but.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:42:47 »

Yes, you can.

From what I've heard, attachments functionality is a bit limited but.
If you want to post a lot of pictures over time you gotta spend $0.99 and upgrade. The free version will only host a certain amount of pictures. At least that's what I had to do when I started with it about a year and 4 months ago. Things may have changed I do t know.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:03:44 »
Spend most my time browsing GH on a mobile, how am I just now hearing about tapatalk, fuuuuuuuuu

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:26:01 »
Spend most my time browsing GH on a mobile, how am I just now hearing about tapatalk, fuuuuuuuuu

:D

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 22:25:38 »

I do 95% of my geekhacking on Tapatalk. I just posted this from it right now!
Mmm-Tapatalk ist-gut!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 22:32:18 »
This is why I started this thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51654.msg1137891#msg1137891

I am still willing to do it, but I have been using tapatalk recently.  Tapatalk is good, but you do not get full coverage of features...

What my mobile theme would do would basically:
- enlarge the page numbers so they are clickable on a phone.
- enlarge the go up/go down buttons.
- make the top 3 links (spy, unread, new replies) slightly easier to click.
- very small enlargement of the main menu (it has not been as big of an issue for me.  Maybe just increase its vertical height.
- larger font size for topic titles (and page numbers) in lists...

I think those changes on mobile devices would make a huge difference.