Author Topic: My beloved ****ty game :(  (Read 4114 times)

Offline DocNoc

My beloved ****ty game :(
« on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 06:06:18 »
CS. I love this game, it has been good to me and has given me many fond memories over the years. It is an amazingly rewarding game. There are so many hand-eye coordination mechanics to master as well as many strategies/executes of the game that have a seemingly infinite number of variations. Even though there are only a handful of maps that are played competitively, there is so much that can change on a round to round basis that the game is always dynamic. Unfortunately the game is plagued with cheaters because the game is hard. The game takes thousands of hours to master. The small map pool is largely to blame. After playing the same couple of maps hundreds if not thousands of times a good player will be able to move, aim, and predict situations in an almost omniscient fashion. The player builds muscle memory for certain types of flicks/shots, learns how to play certain angles and positions to give them an advantage, and forms a mental time line of how long things take to happen (For example an enemy spotted at spotA might take 15 seconds to get to spotB. Knowing this allows the player to ignore certain areas of the map because they understand that the enemy could not have gotten to "X" location yet). For some reason it seems a large portion of the community does not have the mental capacity to accept that there will be players substantially better than them or that sometimes enemies will just get lucky. So they resort to cheating and ultimately ruin the experience for the other 9 players in the server because they are unwilling to accept the fact that someone could be better than them.

I wish there was a way to stop the cheating so that my ****ty old game can prosper for a few more years before it dies out and is hopefully replaced by its successor. I also wish Valve would stop ignoring the game that has brought in close to a billion dollars in sales...

Offline 00

Re: My beloved ****ty game :(
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 06:15:40 »

I also wish Valve would stop ignoring the game that has brought in close to a billion dollars in sales...

what is this, 2015?  :p valve have been pushing out update after update, panorama was only a month or so ago and since then they've been updating at least once a week, sometimes more, to refine it. i love counterstrike as well and wish the best for it, though i can't say i frequently run into cheaters. i guess it depends on region and whatnot. you can always play faceit or something where cheating will probably be less prevalent.
It's like, dude, you gotta re-evaluate
Your perspective and your priorities, because
You started doing this because it was ****ing fun, you know?
It has to be fun
Otherwise, you're just torturing yourself, you know?
You're... you're just stuck inside your own ****ing head

Offline DocNoc

Re: My beloved ****ty game :(
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 06:27:36 »

I also wish Valve would stop ignoring the game that has brought in close to a billion dollars in sales...

what is this, 2015?  :p valve have been pushing out update after update, panorama was only a month or so ago and since then they've been updating at least once a week, sometimes more, to refine it. i love counterstrike as well and wish the best for it, though i can't say i frequently run into cheaters. i guess it depends on region and whatnot. you can always play faceit or something where cheating will probably be less prevalent.

As of late they have been great about pushing new content. That being said for a game that has made Valve as much money as CS, there is no reason updates like this shouldn't come in regular, more frequent intervals. Most big updates, whenever they do happen, are almost always super delayed as well. Just like panorama. The ability to constantly improve is what I enjoy the most about the game. Because of this only a few months after I began playing I joined ESEA to play on a supposedly more competitive client with better servers and a better anti-cheat. So my experience with cheaters has not been terrible because I pay monthly to avoid them... My MM experiences as of late  have been pretty awful though which is why I made the post. I could only assume other players are experiencing the cheaters as well, which is just going to lead to more people quitting and fewer new players sticking with the game.