Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65  (Read 567931 times)

Offline OmniSzron

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65
« Reply #1750 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 18:32:03 »
Damn, the teal matches so well!
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline bananafritters

« Reply #1751 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 03:07:47 »
After using it for weeks, I would say I love the keyboard. I am satisfied with it Key65 definitely on par with at the value it promised. That being said, I need a better camera and definitely better keycap.

Offline DZSlasher

[GB] Fox Lab - Key 65
« Reply #1752 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 17:31:22 »
Has anyone come across an issue where the "end" key doesn’t register an upstroke? It’s weird since when I hit fn + end, the key works fine. This is on the hotswap board. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2020, 19:47:23 by DZSlasher »

Offline cyanide814

« Reply #1753 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 17:20:30 »
The plate files are not the correct. The stabilizers for the Enter Key are in the wrong spot. It's for a ISO enter key I think. We need the correct plate files, It's also not registering the size on Laser Boost.  I have the hot swap version which is 7U, I want to get a couple plates made, I can't right now until this is fixed. I don't know how to get a hold of them. Hopefully they see it here.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1754 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 17:25:02 »
The plate files are not the correct. The stabilizers for the Enter Key are in the wrong spot. It's for a ISO enter key I think. We need the correct plate files, It's also not registering the size on Laser Boost.  I have the hot swap version which is 7U, I want to get a couple plates made, I can't right now until this is fixed. I don't know how to get a hold of them. Hopefully they see it here.
Did you check here?
 https://fox-lab.github.io/gbs/Key-65.html

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Offline cyanide814

« Reply #1755 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 17:31:05 »
Holy **** am I stupid as rocks. Just forget it. I clearly can't ****ing read. Thank you.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1756 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 20:02:54 »
Emailed and PMed Senter for the replacement PCB due to problems on split backspace. Still not getting any response  :-[

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #1757 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 20:09:56 »
Done building mine. Got to desolder the reset switch. PCB works fine with KBFirmware, QMK dan VIA. Very pleases so far

Offline jackie89

« Reply #1758 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 10:19:34 »
Finally got around to building mine, was waiting for the keycaps! Really happy with how things turned out.

Offline Se1nZ

« Reply #1759 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 23:49:26 »
anyone know what type of hex screw this case use?
M3?

UPDATE: Found it on Foxlab's website.

Case screws: M2.5x6
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2020, 00:41:49 by Se1nZ »
KBDfans Tofu60 | KBDfans 5degree | Klippe T R3 | NorbaTouch | Fjell R4 | TX-84v1 | FoxLab Key65 | Leopold FC660M | KBDfans Tofu60 Acry | KKINGKKONG 660

Offline leexy

« Reply #1760 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 02:37:45 »
Finally got around to building mine, was waiting for the keycaps! Really happy with how things turned out.

info on the cable?

Offline Blehhh

« Reply #1761 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 06:38:37 »
I missed the group buy, but will there be a round 2 of the key65?
thanks in advance and stay safe :)

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1762 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 07:00:24 »
I missed the group buy, but will there be a round 2 of the key65?
thanks in advance and stay safe :)
Nope

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #1763 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 13:20:51 »
I haven't seen one posted anywhere (maybe I missed it) but has anyone shared an Alps plate file yet?

Offline jdbaker82

« Reply #1764 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 16:37:06 »
When I plug my Key65 into my Laptop with QMK it is never recognized in QMK does anyone have any ideas on what can cause this or a possible fix?

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1765 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 17:32:00 »
When I plug my Key65 into my Laptop with QMK it is never recognized in QMK does anyone have any ideas on what can cause this or a possible fix?
Press Fn+Esc then toolbox will detect it.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #1766 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 18:51:27 »
Built mine the other day! Its really one hell of a looker.

I plan to install an rgb strip on the bottom. Is that something that is configurable in via?

Offline dumpling420

« Reply #1767 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 22:06:25 »
Does anybody know the maximum number of underglow LEDs the PCB supports?

Thanks!

Offline jackie89

« Reply #1768 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 15:17:26 »

info on the cable?

It's a Laser themed cable by Badger Cables in Canada.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn1Q0LIHp3o/

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #1769 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 19:36:00 »

Made a quick typing test.

Offline kipawazi

« Reply #1770 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 09:07:07 »
Hello,

I am annoyed because my pcb does not work, I contacted Senter and he told me to send everything back, pcb, case, everything but I don't want because only the pcb is broken and if I send everything back, I lose everything so I told him that I just need a working pcb, I'm ok to send the pcb back to him but only the pcb.

I sent him 3 messages in almost 1 month and he does not answer me while he has already answered on this post in this interval...
I don't know what to do if he doesn't answer me...

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #1771 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 11:35:39 »
Hello,

I am annoyed because my pcb does not work, I contacted Senter and he told me to send everything back, pcb, case, everything but I don't want because only the pcb is broken and if I send everything back, I lose everything so I told him that I just need a working pcb, I'm ok to send the pcb back to him but only the pcb.

I sent him 3 messages in almost 1 month and he does not answer me while he has already answered on this post in this interval...

For the quality issues of your kit, I don't feel comfortable to sell it out.
I can issue a full refund including the shipping cost, as I mentioned before. This is the best and only solution I can provide right now.

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #1772 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 12:46:29 »
Assembled one yesterday - It's amazing! Thank you Senter!

Offline kipawazi

« Reply #1773 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 11:22:11 »
Hello,

I can issue a full refund including the shipping cost, as I mentioned before. This is the best and only solution I can provide right now.

@senter Thank you for your fast response.

I understand that the quality issues does not satisfy you but the lack of coating on the plate is very minor and invisible and the scratch caused by the tooling is already fixed with paste and paint.
These are not big issues for me, once the keyboard is assembled, everything is invisible.

I like this keyboard, I was very impatient to receive it and I don't want loose it.
I want use it. And I can't because I don't have a working pcb...

So no, I don't want a full refund, I need only a pcb exchange.

I wish I could use it one day.

Thank you.

@all Worst case scenario, does anyone know of a compatible pcb? A lot of people are already looking for a pcb on r/mechmarket... It's crazy...

Thanks.

Offline cyanide814

« Reply #1774 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 19:29:45 »
I soldered LED Light strips to my hotswap board

I only did one strip which had 8 LEDs

I decided I was going to wire one more strip of 8. So I connected another strip using 3 wires as an extension to get the desired position. After a lot of back and forth.

Nothing worked, the 2nd strip never turned on.

Frustrated enough, I decided to redo the whole thing, make one long strip of 16 LEDs, soldered it all together, when I finally turned it on, only 8 of them lit up.

Not only that if I moved the strip around they would turn off until I unplugged and turned it back on. (Not sure if I have a bad solder, I'm still new to soldering)

But my question is, why is this PCB only allowing 8 LEDS?

I know its not the strip it self, because I cut multiple different strips to test out different things. It just wouldn't allow more than 8.

I tried a different USB cable, but I don't think that is the issue.

This has been quite frustrating, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1775 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 19:54:55 »
Hello,

I understand that the quality issues does not satisfy you but the lack of coating on the plate is very minor and invisible and the scratch caused by the tooling is already fixed with paste and paint.
These are not big issues for me, once the keyboard is assembled, everything is invisible.

I like this keyboard, I was very impatient to receive it and I don't want loose it.

Thank you.

@all Worst case scenario, does anyone know of a compatible pcb? A lot of people are already looking for a pcb on r/mechmarket... It's crazy...

Thanks.

Tada68, DZ65, KBD67, KB67MKII, NK65 are non-centered USB port.

Best thing to do is make buying post at rmm

Mine too have issue on PCB (split backspace). Like you, Senter is also ignoring my email and private message.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2020, 19:57:09 by Myk! »

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1776 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 06:02:27 »
Got around to build mine today. I got myself a POM plate and it's real nice in both look and feel. Will post some photos in the future.

Great keyboard, thank you senter!

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #1777 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 08:39:11 »

I decided I was going to wire one more strip of 8. So I connected another strip using 3 wires as an extension to get the desired position. After a lot of back and forth.

Frustrated enough, I decided to redo the whole thing, make one long strip of 16 LEDs, soldered it all together, when I finally turned it on, only 8 of them lit up.

Not only that if I moved the strip around they would turn off until I unplugged and turned it back on. (Not sure if I have a bad solder, I'm still new to soldering)

I know its not the strip it self, because I cut multiple different strips to test out different things. It just wouldn't allow more than 8.

You're going to have edit the firmware to allow more LEDs. I think. I haven't attached them myself but there is an option on kbfirmware to set the number of LEDs. Or you can edit the config.h on QMK and rebuild the firmware.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline cyanide814

« Reply #1778 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 09:09:51 »

You're going to have edit the firmware to allow more LEDs. I think. I haven't attached them myself but there is an option on kbfirmware to set the number of LEDs. Or you can edit the config.h on QMK and rebuild the firmware.

Bro.. thank you so much. I literally had no idea it was just a stupid setting. It was driving me insane man. Welp, back to soldering 2 strips.

Offline kurple

« Reply #1779 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 09:20:38 »
Hello,

Thank you.

Thanks.

Mine too have issue on PCB (split backspace). Like you, Senter is also ignoring my email and private message.
Have you tried the fix for split bs on soldered pcbs? Dropping in solder to connect or slipping in a millmax socket? There's more info earlier in the thread.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1780 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 09:25:23 »
Hello,

Thank you.

Thanks.

Have you tried the fix for split bs on soldered pcbs? Dropping in solder to connect or slipping in a millmax socket? There's more info earlier in the thread.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I dont have millmax or holtites.

Yes I tried that. But key most of the time fails. There is position where to press to make it work.

Offline cyanide814

« Reply #1781 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 11:48:56 »

Also, I got the keyboard flashed, going to solder later. But I noticed now that I enabled 16 LEDs using KBDfans. It won't let me use the QMK configurator now, or use VIA. It seems I'm only locked to using KBDfans now. I could be wrong, let me know. But when looking around it seemed like KBDfans was the only place where I could change the LED light numbers. I couldn't find it on QMK configuator unless I was on the wrong website.

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #1782 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 12:13:48 »

Also, I got the keyboard flashed, going to solder later. But I noticed now that I enabled 16 LEDs using KBDfans. It won't let me use the QMK configurator now, or use VIA. It seems I'm only locked to using KBDfans now. I could be wrong, let me know. But when looking around it seemed like KBDfans was the only place where I could change the LED light numbers. I couldn't find it on QMK configuator unless I was on the wrong website.

I'm assuming you mean kbfirmware not kbdfans.
So you will have to clone the github repo for QMK and then go find the config.h for your board universal or hotswap.
Then you will build it with "make foxlab/key65/universal:via"
Flash that firmware and you should get it working with VIA again.

Here is a firmware I just now built for you, let me know if it supports more LEDs or not because I can't test myself.
Flash whichever one you have. You may have to reset EEPROM through qmk toolbox if the firmware doesn't take.

Offline cyanide814

« Reply #1783 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 13:54:02 »

I'm assuming you mean kbfirmware not kbdfans.
So you will have to clone the github repo for QMK and then go find the config.h for your board universal or hotswap.
Then you will build it with "make foxlab/key65/universal:via"
Flash that firmware and you should get it working with VIA again.

Here is a firmware I just now built for you, let me know if it supports more LEDs or not because I can't test myself.
Flash whichever one you have. You may have to reset EEPROM through qmk toolbox if the firmware doesn't take.

Awesome! So I soldered in the 2nd set of LEDs. I did get all 16 to work! It was just a stupid ass setting the whole time! I was correct the very first time I did this, but got frustrated for no reason. And yes I did mean KB not KBD. I got the hex file flashed correct from the one I did. I'll check out the one you just linked to try to get VIA working. I necessarily don't need it right now. The only other thing I was having trouble with was getting the NKEY rollover enabled.

Offline cyanide814

« Reply #1784 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 14:06:23 »
Here is the picture of the result. Pretty happy. But yeah KB and VIA wasn't allowing me to enable NKEY rollover. So I'll figure that out in the future. Not sure if I really need it enabled or not, and not really sure if I need VIA now that I have ever thing that I need. So well see.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #1785 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 00:27:45 »
Here is the picture of the result. Pretty happy. But yeah KB and VIA wasn't allowing me to enable NKEY rollover. So I'll figure that out in the future. Not sure if I really need it enabled or not, and not really sure if I need VIA now that I have ever thing that I need. So well see.

I have a strip ordered for this! Would you mind sharing your config file to make em all work?

Offline Ipse

« Reply #1786 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 01:19:56 »
Hello,

Thank you.

Thanks.

You could maybe use a RAMA works PCB or a Keycult pcb I'm sure if they'll be any clearance issues with the case, so you'll have to measure that out since those pcb's have daughter boards.

Though I myself am in the middle of working on a pcb that'll fit the case, simply because I'd like rgb and ws2812 and 6028 leds. I have absolutely no eta because I want to make sure it's perfect and haven't actually designed a keyboard pcb before.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2020, 02:43:50 by Ipse »

Offline olsen34

« Reply #1787 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 05:29:39 »
Anyone encountered this issue where caps lock button is not working? Shorting it didn't work and sometimes when the board is plugged in the key is spammed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2020, 08:15:41 by olsen34 »

Offline cyanide814

« Reply #1788 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 08:53:54 »
Hello,

Thank you.

Thanks.

You could maybe use a RAMA works PCB or a Keycult pcb I'm sure if they'll be any clearance issues with the case, so you'll have to measure that out since those pcb's have daughter boards.

Though I myself am in the middle of working on a pcb that'll fit the case, simply because I'd like rgb and ws2812 and 6028 leds. I have absolutely no eta because I want to make sure it's perfect and haven't actually designed a keyboard pcb before.

The guy above me made one that can possible work with VIA. Mine doesn't. Mine you have to flash through QMK. I just set up the file on KBfirmware and went to settings to allow more LEDs.

Offline Ipse

« Reply #1789 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 00:37:45 »

The guy above me made one that can possible work with VIA. Mine doesn't. Mine you have to flash through QMK. I just set up the file on KBfirmware and went to settings to allow more LEDs.

I already have a strip, just don't enjoy the look. It works perfectly with the VIA flash that's provided by VIA because the QMK firmware has 8 LED RGB undergrowth set

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #1790 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 21:52:13 »
Anyone encountered this issue where caps lock button is not working? Shorting it didn't work and sometimes when the board is plugged in the key is spammed.

my caps lock won't work on the default layer. if i put it on layer 1 then it does.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1791 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 22:12:43 »

my caps lock won't work on the default layer. if i put it on layer 1 then it does.
Both of you are using hotswap pcb?

Offline olsen34

« Reply #1792 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 22:25:11 »

Oo that's weird, and you're using the default layout configuration? Soldered PCB too I take it?

No, solder pcb

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #1793 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 22:34:06 »

i got mine working now. not sure why it wasn't working earlier. just made a fresh hex file.

Offline olsen34

« Reply #1794 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 22:45:30 »

i got mine working now. not sure why it wasn't working earlier. just made a fresh hex file.

Lol ok. Looks like I got a faulty pcb.

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #1795 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 00:48:43 »

Sometimes I need to reset my EEPROM for random problems. Try that with qmk toolbox and then flash a new hex

Offline spring4k

« Reply #1796 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 00:57:14 »

Can you take a picture of the bottom of the PCB and show it? I wonder how I installed RGB.

Offline olsen34

« Reply #1797 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 03:05:59 »

Sometimes I need to reset my EEPROM for random problems. Try that with qmk toolbox and then flash a new hex

Won't work. I tested with tweezer the caps lock key won't respond. Appreciate the suggestion tho.

Offline Ipse

« Reply #1798 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 05:30:20 »

Can you take a picture of the bottom of the PCB and show it? I wonder how I installed RGB.

The VOG pads connect to your led strip. V for 5V and O for Data and G for ground. That's pretty much it really. There might be some spacing issues so just make sure you wire stuff nicely.

Offline leexy

« Reply #1799 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 09:00:12 »
my e-teal key65