Author Topic: [IC] GMK Shanshui 山水 - Pricing and Final Kits  (Read 107319 times)

Offline perry4761

Re: [IC] GMK Shanshui 山水 - GB Date set, New Collabs
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:37:23 »
Another banger collaboration by Nathan. I didn’t think I would be joining any GMK set until Polybius, yet here we are! Amazing set, props to both of you for this. I will definitely be in on this!
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 September 2020, 20:30:09 by perry4761 »

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 16:28:48 »
Finally <3 This set couldnt be more perfect.

Offline violeaf

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:29:57 »
The set itself looks great, I'd join the GB just for the Chinese legends.

However when making the connection to Chinese watercolour art, it feels slightly forced to me I'm afraid. The art is characterised by the gradient of colours and impressionism (especially landscape), solid dark doesn't say that for me.

I'd say it could be more associated with Chinese calligraphy if anything

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 13:29:56 »
Couple of minor updates:

• Artwork submitted to Rama. They're checking the detail on one imprint to make sure their system can handle the detail and then we're ready to rock. I think you'll love them.
  • We're pleased to add Sodiecaps, Fraktal Kaps, and newcomer Froue Loop to the mix as artisan collabs. (Check out @froueloop on IG when it's not down :()
  • Luxe and I are working on a really unique cable concept. I'm mailing him some stuff for a prototype. Can't wait to show you.
  • I want to post deskmats, but I'd also like to wait to do so until we can use them in some scene renders. Trying to decide but it will be next week at the earliest. I think you'll dig them.
  • Nathan is hard at work on scene renders, including those with deskmats. However, I think he deserves a break and a little time to bask in the glory of GMK Ursa, his own debut keyset, shipping. It's an absolutely gorgeous set. Even better than the renders. I'll see you on the battlefield as we all hunt extras from Kono and Candykeys.
  • I miiiiiiight be working on a Discord server (?)

That's it love Grundle

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 13:30:54 »
Finally <3 This set couldnt be more perfect.

That means a lot coming from you, brother. Blacklight is NUTS! I love the deskmats Sour did too.

Offline SMOKEY

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 17:27:55 »
Hey bro.
You already know I love these awesome pieces of plastic.
Post the Mats here, they are literally perfect.
Cheers

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 07:14:16 »
Hey bro.
You already know I love these awesome pieces of plastic.
Post the Mats here, they are literally perfect.
Cheers

I wanna! But I want to finish board renders with the mats first. Hey, how about Ramas? Y’all wanna see those?

Offline leexy

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 09:54:09 »
very nice. i'm in.

Offline grundlemere

Re: [IC] GMK Shanshui 山水 - RAMA Artisans Posted!
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 14:56:51 »
Just got the RAMAs in, everyone. Took a little while to do a simple scene render on parchment and brand them and here they are. Go check the start of the thread for details on all three caps.

Offline Hesi

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 16:52:40 »
If/When this is up I'm at minimum in for 2/3 Ramas (山, 水) and novelties. looking good!

Offline seulji

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 18:15:00 »
Soooo good. Those monolegends are very clean.

Offline santela

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 09:12:18 »
Wow the chop artisan looks great, and perfect for a Chinese theme. I love the idea but I wish you would have adopted a different Chinese last name, such as mine: 曹 lol so I can have my own last name on an artisan. I can only imagine how cool that would be.

Offline santela

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 09:28:50 »
Something I have noticed is that the traditional mod still uses 《》, but if I'm not mistaken, I think traditional users (mostly Taiwan HK and Macau) do not use these signs? They are specifically for book or article titles, and in traditional Chinese I think they all use 『』instead. I don't know where these two go on a board (for Japanese they are the same keys as the bracket keys), and it is probably better to check with a traditional Chinese typist, but just thought that might be something to be considered in order to be more functional with the traditional set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2020, 09:31:03 by santela »

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 19:53:31 »
Something I have noticed is that the traditional mod still uses 《》, but if I'm not mistaken, I think traditional users (mostly Taiwan HK and Macau) do not use these signs? They are specifically for book or article titles, and in traditional Chinese I think they all use 『』instead. I don't know where these two go on a board (for Japanese they are the same keys as the bracket keys), and it is probably better to check with a traditional Chinese typist, but just thought that might be something to be considered in order to be more functional with the traditional set.

Thanks for pointing that out, and someone in the IC form also told us so. It's only because I'm ignorant of Traditional Chinese punctuation as I learned in the mainland. It's fortunate because these legends are actually set on different keys, so we will plan to update the legends to include them appropriately, among other kit changes we plan to make after collecting feedback. You're the first person to bring it up on the forum, though, so here's a note to anyone wondering! Yes, we will add 「 」TC quotation marks to the [] keys.

And as far as a RAMA for your surname...if you can get MOQ together for a RAMA order, go for it!

Offline santela

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 21:49:28 »

Thanks for pointing that out, and someone in the IC form also told us so. It's only because I'm ignorant of Traditional Chinese punctuation as I learned in the mainland. It's fortunate because these legends are actually set on different keys, so we will plan to update the legends to include them appropriately, among other kit changes we plan to make after collecting feedback. You're the first person to bring it up on the forum, though, so here's a note to anyone wondering! Yes, we will add 「 」TC quotation marks to the [] keys.

And as far as a RAMA for your surname...if you can get MOQ together for a RAMA order, go for it!

Haha, that probably means I'll have to buy all the MOQ myself  :-X

Offline phat schlong

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 21:35:08 »
Love the Rama cap designs

Offline grundlemere

Re: [IC] GMK Shanshui 山水 - Deskmats up
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 11:42:38 »
Thanks for the thoughs on the RAMA caps, everyone. Looking forward to getting those in hand.

Up today we're sharing the deskmats. Nathanalphaman is hard at work getting the mat under some board renders so you can envision your Shanshui setup, but for now, here are the deskmat renders.

Rafts 钓鱼筏 deskmat: An ink painting of traditional fishing rafts afloat on the Li River beneath the leaning phoenix tail bamboo, emblazoned with the Shanshui logo chop at bottom left. Based on artwork by Baoyan.

Karst 岩溶 deskmat: an ink painting of the South China Karst seen through the mist with the inscription, "best scenery under heaven" (山水甲天下), an unofficial local slogan of the Li River area. No seal for users who prefer a completely monochrome look. Based on artwork by Elina Li.

Also, we met this week to talk through your feedback from the IC form and make some changes to kits. I will walk you through those once they're finalized and re-rendered.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 11:45:59 »
One last thing: There's news on GMK Houhai.

Look to that thread later today.  :eek:

Offline elisyan

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 12:23:23 »
I didn't even know I needed more deskmats..

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 12:35:11 »
I didn't even know I needed more deskmats..

Are there ever really enough?

Offline anhthao88

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 18:08:12 »
The deskmat renders look dope! Will the deskmat be available for purchase separately from the keyset?

Offline psxndc

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 19:03:36 »
Just realized: no 40s/ortho kit? I get it may be tough to make MOQ, just wondering if that's the reason.
Ortho. Always.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 21:27:55 »
The deskmat renders look dope! Will the deskmat be available for purchase separately from the keyset?

Absolutely, as always!

Offline anhthao88

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 21:30:22 »

Absolutely, as always!
That's great. I'll def join for the novelties kit & the mat.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 21:32:04 »
Just realized: no 40s/ortho kit? I get it may be tough to make MOQ, just wondering if that's the reason.

Lot of 40s compatibility in the base, and ortho with a little creativity and willingness to use wrong legends. Given that this set had to focus on availability of both Traditional and Simplified Chinese legends, we opted not to doubly replicate kits for uncommon layouts.

Offline slyr586

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 21:43:21 »
Okay, I NEEED one of these mats. Yes please.

Offline tofulo

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 00:22:34 »
deskmat pls

Offline chris_1865

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 01:26:52 »
Finally a GMK changje input keycap...Hope the base kit include TC instead of SC

---

Edit for second inpression(?) of the TC kit

It's a little weird to see SC words straightly convert to TC imo since TC's translation words may be different from SC (e.g. Print Screen is better translate into 截圖/擷圖). It would be better to let TC & SC have its own translated words. AFAIK the translation of ins/del/PgUP/Pgdown/Home/End is both correct in TC or SC, and menu may be better translate into 功能 in TC

btw the 「柳」 problem in numpad happened again lol. 6 should be 「陸」.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2020, 18:10:34 by chris_1865 »

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 09:20:04 »

Show Image

Rafts 钓鱼筏 deskmat: An ink painting of traditional fishing rafts afloat on the Li River beneath the leaning phoenix tail bamboo, emblazoned with the Shanshui logo chop at bottom left. Based on artwork by Baoyan.

Set or no set, I am totally getting this deskmat.

Also, take a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild guess as to which one keycap bothers me. ;-)

Offline dak148

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 10:02:18 »
I have one deskmat and never thought about getting more but these are really nice...Going to have to get one.

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 11:58:04 »
Great set! Great Novelties and great deskmats!

Ticks all the box.. totally in!
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline chnhngxn

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 18:21:39 »
桂林人表示很赞

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 21:55:56 »
Finally a GMK changje input keycap...Hope the base kit include TC instead of SC

---

Edit for second inpression(?) of the TC kit

It's a little weird to see SC words straightly convert to TC imo since TC's translation words may be different from SC (e.g. Print Screen is better translate into 截圖/擷圖). It would be better to let TC & SC have its own translated words. AFAIK the translation of ins/del/PgUP/Pgdown/Home/End is both correct in TC or SC, and menu may be better translate into 功能 in TC

btw the 「柳」 problem in numpad happened again lol. 6 should be 「陸」.

Thanks friend, we’ll get these legends fixed. If you have any other translation fixes for TC, please share them with me at grundlemere#1126 on Discord and we will run them through a couple of our partners. Want to make sure they are right.

Ugh sorry about the numpad, not sure how that one slipped by us again but you’re the first person to notice it. I even know that character means “willow.” We’ll add both these points to the kit changes for next round.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 22:00:36 »
桂林人表示很赞

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

哪里,我表示桂林人很棒!多谢朋友!

Offline AvoidingYou

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 16:35:50 »
I'm here from the Houhai thread, seeing that this will be first. I am not a huge fan of WoB sets, but I will consider supporting to help Houhai come to fruition  ;)

Offline leavenember

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 18:42:11 »
Really cool set! Nice homage, and really like the novelties. However, some of the novelties might need a little refinement(?)
The ISO enter, with the tree/branch almost looked like some sort of creature with horns waving....
I think the rendition/drawing of your idea could be better.
Overall will be following, also glad you cleared up new years day as Jan 1. not sometime in February ;D

Offline gbenz

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 21:20:17 »
Really cool set! Nice homage, and really like the novelties. However, some of the novelties might need a little refinement(?)
The ISO enter, with the tree/branch almost looked like some sort of creature with horns waving....
I think the rendition/drawing of your idea could be better.
Overall will be following, also glad you cleared up new years day as Jan 1. not sometime in February ;D

I don't think that's a tree or a branch LOL. It's probably something like this: https://imgur.com/a/kYOU1Rc
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 October 2020, 21:24:14 by gbenz »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 22:16:12 »
Can't say I love it , but I think it's pretty cool.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline gilbert

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 08:28:53 »
Such a clean set
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 08:45:47 »
All in

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 13:00:50 »
One of the many changes we're making based on your IC feedback: BoW accent keys.

Stay tuned for more.

Offline santela

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 23:03:20 »
One of the many changes we're making based on your IC feedback: BoW accent keys.

Show Image

Stay tuned for more.

Nice!

Offline leexy

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 01:58:59 »
sweet

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 01:31:58 »
One of the few, if not only, Chinese keycap set that does Chinese culture justice.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2020, 04:08:20 by esclab »

Offline grundlemere

Re: [IC] GMK Shanshui 山水 - Final Kit Changes
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 11:04:55 »
Everyone, thanks so much for your feedback on the IC form! We've made our final changes to the kits based on your feedback and have submitted our art and designs to GMK for a quote.

Here are a list of the changes that we made by kit:

TC mods kit:
  • Menu corrected to 功能 per TW convention (remains 菜单 in base per Mainland convention)
  • Moved up/down/left/right Chinese arrows to this kit from alt alphas
Base kit:
  • Incorrect numpad 6 corrected to 陆
Spacebars kit:
  • added 2x 3u space support for newer split space layouts
Novelties kit:
  • Added TC and SC WoB accent Esc and Enter
All kits:
  • Print translation improved to 截圖/截图
  • Added「 TC quote bracket to [ key
  • Added 」TC quote bracket to ] key
Bonus:
  • Created concept merged TC mods/monolegend alphas alternate base kit for GMK quote. Can't promise anything but we'll look into it.

Most of these changes are minor but important to ensure the legends are as correct as possible to Chinese convention in various territories. However, the additions to the Novelties kit to add BoW accent keys is much more apparent.

Please also see the new deskmat scene renders created by Nathanalphaman.

Complex scene renders to come.

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 11:09:22 »
Really like the enter key

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 20:00:31 »
Out of curiosity, what's the -looking legend on the backslash keys for?

Edit: Oh (and I believe I've seen this asked before somewhere in the Houhai thread, but I can't remember the answer), what's the R2 1u Home (行首) key for?
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 October 2020, 20:06:19 by konstantin »

Offline noodleman

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 21:14:36 »
quick question, are the artists you took the artwork from involved in these deskmats?  Are they aware of the changes you've made to their art?

https://www.art.com/products/p48208011469-sa-i10827985/baoyan-chinese-landscape-watercolor-painting.htm?upi=Q1AMEO20&PODConfigID=4986602&sOrigID=965450

https://elinali.com/ink-1

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 21:32:22 »
Nice set! Excited to see a full Chinese GMK set. But why bother with just a few Simplified Chinese characters in the base mods, especially if there is going to be a Traditional Chinese mods kit? It's costly and inconsistent.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 21:56:28 »
quick question, are the artists you took the artwork from involved in these deskmats?  Are they aware of the changes you've made to their art?

https://www.art.com/products/p48208011469-sa-i10827985/baoyan-chinese-landscape-watercolor-painting.htm?upi=Q1AMEO20&PODConfigID=4986602&sOrigID=965450

https://elinali.com/ink-1

So that’s an interesting way to frame a question. I purchased the artwork from them, and I purchased it with an enhanced license that allows commercial reuse and merchandising.