Author Topic: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)  (Read 1392084 times)

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)
« Reply #2250 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 23:41:46 »
Just figured that I'd mention Originative seems to have updated the Penumbra round 2 renders and it now includes an R2 Esc key (same for Hyperfuse). I'm actually pretty excited this happened.

I saw someone gave up their order spot for that very reason, must have really bothered them.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2251 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 02:08:01 »
Just figured that I'd mention Originative seems to have updated the Penumbra round 2 renders and it now includes an R2 Esc key (same for Hyperfuse). I'm actually pretty excited this happened.

I saw someone gave up their order spot for that very reason, must have really bothered them.

It's something that bothered me too but definitely not enough to give up my spot. :)) I've been waiting too long to get my hands on one of these sets.

Offline JackieOReally

« Reply #2252 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 03:56:08 »
I cancelled my order. I really want this set but figured I wouldn't enjoy it at this price. Not saying it's overpriced, just rather buy other keyboard stuff with the money.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 January 2017, 03:58:40 by JackieOReally »

Offline poolside

« Reply #2253 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 14:02:20 »

The profile is now 1-2-3-3-4-4. Was the profile the usual 1-1-2-3-4-4 before the mockup update? I am not sure.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2254 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 14:22:55 »

The profile is now 1-2-3-3-4-4. Was the profile the usual 1-1-2-3-4-4 before the mockup update? I am not sure.

R2 had always been 1-2-3-3-4-4. They just included a row 2 esc key in the recent update.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #2255 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 20:06:28 »
This is ridiculous, its all gone...
I didn't even know this is happenning.... I was waiting for years for Penumbra...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #2256 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 20:41:59 »
I didn't even know this is happenning.... I was waiting for years for Penumbra...

There was some brief mention of possibly adding more sets (wouldn't rely on this) and people have been canceling orders as more keysets come out (would rely on this). Just keep an obsessive eye on it and you may be able to get in anyways. Hope is not lost.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #2257 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 21:25:21 »
Any update on the R1 orders?
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #2258 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 23:13:51 »

I do find it strange that it wasn't advertised and kept so secretive that there was even an order placed at Signature Plastics months ago, and then suddenly the key set goes on sale at Originative. Very weird as I would have expected there to be a lot of hype when round 2 was going to finally happen.

Offline poolside

« Reply #2259 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 07:57:09 »

R2 had always been 1-2-3-3-4-4. They just included a row 2 esc key in the recent update.

Sadly, the purple on cyan Enter shown on the renders is not included in the HyperFuse SA set.  :'(
The GMK versions have it. They could have went with 1-1 for the top two rows and ditched the two extra R2 Esc keycaps in favor of the accented Enter. It would have been a real treat, IMO.

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #2260 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 08:42:50 »

Sadly, the purple on cyan Enter shown on the renders is not included in the HyperFuse SA set.  :'(
The GMK versions have it. They could have went with 1-1 for the top two rows and ditched the two extra R2 Esc keycaps in favor of the accented Enter. It would have been a real treat, IMO.

Surely it'll be included; why put in the render at all otherwise?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2261 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 11:27:13 »

It's just in the "artistic" renders but it isn't shown in the render that shows all included keys.

Offline steven_g

« Reply #2262 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 23:11:01 »

It's just in the "artistic" renders but it isn't shown in the render that shows all included keys.

LOL that's such bull**** if that's the case. Someone run a group buy for the cyan enter keys and maybe the 1.25 coloured keys or something.

Offline limitz

« Reply #2263 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 14:09:26 »
Can we get a shipping update please on the R1 orders?
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #2264 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 03:18:03 »
Yes, please!

Offline andCoffee

« Reply #2265 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 04:48:07 »
Yes, please!

I'm interested in this as well.  I've been trying to stay patient because there were some updates in November (I even helped relay those updates to someone in a similar boat in the Raindrop thread), but that patience should be reciprocal.

Offline imprevade

« Reply #2266 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 09:01:16 »
Yes, please!

I'm interested in this as well.  I've been trying to stay patient because there were some updates in November (I even helped relay those updates to someone in a similar boat in the Raindrop thread), but that patience should be reciprocal.

Are you guys waiting for your original orders?

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #2267 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 13:04:36 »
Yes, we are the unfortunate few that got our keys mixed up and shiped around. We are waiting since about 3 years now.

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #2268 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 13:45:18 »
Yes, we are the unfortunate few that got our keys mixed up and shiped around. We are waiting since about 3 years now.

OMFG!! I knew there was an issue a few years back but I never knew it hasn't been settled yet

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2269 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 14:04:04 »

yes sir

the last few sets are with bro caps and he will be shipping them as soon as he has concluded his personal sale in about a weeks time
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #2270 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 02:08:54 »

yes sir

the last few sets are with bro caps and he will be shipping them as soon as he has concluded his personal sale in about a weeks time
Thank you for the update.
Time to solder the last ErgoDox!

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #2271 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 11:40:05 »
Any news?

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #2272 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 12:35:12 »
Any news?

I feel bad for you and really hope your set arrives befor penumbra R2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DreaMagine

« Reply #2273 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 16:26:55 »
Any news?

I feel bad for you and really hope your set arrives befor penumbra R2

Ouch, wouldn't that be a slap in the face.

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #2274 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 08:08:01 »
I don't care about that. The only thing that I care about is: when can I mount my caps on my switches!

Offline kalzu

« Reply #2275 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 04:29:44 »
I don't care about that. The only thing that I care about is: when can I mount my caps on my switches!

I feel your pain. It has been rough 3 years waiting my ergodox set...

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #2276 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 05:09:36 »
How many of us are still waiting?

@BunnyLake and @BroCaps Can we get a update? The "in about a weeks time" is long gone again :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2277 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 06:03:33 »
How many of us are still waiting?

@BunnyLake and @BroCaps Can we get a update? The "in about a weeks time" is long gone again :(

theres 12 packages total that need to go out for this, that include replacement keys etc

ill get bro to takes pics of what he received shortly and post them here, and then make a plan with him as to getting everything out with this and the other outstanding stuff and will post that here

in the down time ive had everything formatted in to a spreadsheet for him so its all ready to go our end as soon has he has the free time to do it

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2278 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 10:54:47 »
anyone wants to let go? serious buyer here. :'(

Same.  :'(

Offline SJHL

« Reply #2279 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 11:35:00 »
Might be interested also if theres any spares. After seeing the GMK version, SA looks better in my opinion.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2280 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 11:37:09 »
Might be interested also if theres any spares. After seeing the GMK version, SA looks better in my opinion.

SA usually looks better in photos, especially for certain colors, but it feels awful. Cherry > SA.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #2281 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 12:58:49 »

SA usually looks better in photos, especially for certain colors, but it feels awful. Cherry > SA.

If comparing with OEM\Cherry, of course those two are on my top list. If possible, since I dont have any Sa's, I would like it to be this one =P

Offline limitz

« Reply #2282 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 14:12:07 »

Doesn't necessarily feel awful, people just put them on the wrong boards.

SA on a Koala feels awesome. I would imagine it does so as well on the Abel.

Just need a board with a lower angle.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline frappe

« Reply #2283 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 21:24:56 »
Also interested in taking someone's order for SA, if anyone's really wanting to let it go.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2284 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 22:12:23 »

I hated SA on my Novatouch. I love it on my KUL with MX Clears. I think the switch & keyboard case makes a bigger difference with SA, in addition to the angle.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2285 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 22:17:13 »

The board I used it on was a case-less b.face with Vintage Blacks. Since I didn't have a case yet at the time, I used some foam underneath but created no angle, so it was as flat as it gets.
The caps had a nice crunchy sound on the vintage blacks, but found them just too high for me.

To me, Cherry height is perfect. I even prefer it over Topre profile, though I prefer Topre switches.

Offline ibakey

« Reply #2286 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 10:12:39 »
How can I get in on this

Offline yookwh

« Reply #2287 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 10:26:47 »
Take a time machine to a few years back, and fast forward to know when you might still be waiting  :thumb:

Offline merintil

« Reply #2288 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 12:35:31 »
How can I get in on this

If you somehow can't get that time machine, the R1 Penumbra keysets can sometimes be found on the secondary market (e.g. reddit's mechmarket). The R2 GB has already closed, but you may find people willing to part with it once R2 is shipped out. Though, I think R2 won't be shipping out anytime soon.

If you want, you can also get the GMK version of this set on originative's website.

Offline DreaMagine

« Reply #2289 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 15:48:30 »
How can I get in on this

Good luck with that man, I've been waiting several years to get my hands on a Penumbra set. I was lucky enough to get in on round 2. Now I wait about another year before it arrives...

Offline Atredl

(GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)
« Reply #2290 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 18:39:26 »
How can I get in on this

Good luck with that man, I've been waiting several years to get my hands on a Penumbra set. I was lucky enough to get in on round 2. Now I wait about another year before it arrives...

R2 should be arriving to you this Spring. Originative placed the order to SP before selling the spots.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 March 2017, 18:42:52 by Atredl »

Offline limitz

« Reply #2291 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 15:52:18 »
Is there an update on the shipping date?
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2292 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 16:03:10 »
Is there an update on the shipping date?

for the few old orders, bro caps is currently sorting through a box of loose keys essentially making sets out of them towards the inventory, penumbra was in by far the worst state out of anything but is one of if not the first priority to get clear

for the new orders with originative, i believe there will be an announcement very soon

Offline andCoffee

« Reply #2293 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 15:10:02 »
last nights progress

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

box to the right at the end are complete and about to go out

Hey, not trying to be a **** about this, but I feel like we've been told multiple times that this order has already been sorted and is ready to ship.  You said back on July 25th that they were being sorted "last night" and then posted pictures of them being sorted, then said they were passed off to Cody for shipping, who then passed them off to bro for shipping. 

Now you're saying it's still just a box of loose keys?

I get that everyone is very busy and this isn't a profitable endeavor, but how has it been so many years, with so much misinformation, and no one has been able to find time to sort through what you're saying is just 4 real orders and some add-on sets?

I've been trying to be quietly patient, but the idea that it's still just a box of random keys makes this seem pretty hopeless. 

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2294 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 15:12:51 »
last nights progress

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

box to the right at the end are complete and about to go out

Hey, not trying to be a **** about this, but I feel like we've been told multiple times that this order has already been sorted and is ready to ship.  You said back on July 25th that they were being sorted "last night" and then posted pictures of them being sorted, then said they were passed off to Cody for shipping, who then passed them off to bro for shipping. 

Now you're saying it's still just a box of loose keys?

I get that everyone is very busy and this isn't a profitable endeavor, but how has it been so many years, with so much misinformation, and no one has been able to find time to sort through what you're saying is just 4 real orders and some add-on sets?

I've been trying to be quietly patient, but the idea that it's still just a box of random keys makes this seem pretty hopeless.

Right, those are he pics I was sent, and that was the update I was given

I'm in a different continent

The keys have now gone to bro caps and once again I'm passing on the information of the state he has received the keys in

I will note they weren't all loose in the box, but they were just all bagged up together

I'm not sure what you want me to do, what I'm doing is giving an honest account of how it is told to me, the alternative to that I'm guessing would be to just either not update or give false updates, and I don't see how that is preferable

but point taken, i wont update again until shipping resumes from bro caps, and if it gets to a point where that cant happen in a reasonable timeframe, ill have stuff sent direct to me

« Last Edit: Mon, 10 April 2017, 15:15:15 by BunnyLake »

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #2295 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 08:50:38 »
@BunnyLake
Thank you for this update. I'm by nature rater curious and want to know every detail of what happens to my keys but if it gives you to much grieve, I can understand if you don't what to give updates any more.
@andCoffee
Looks like we are in the same boat.
Have you considered that both information could be right? Some of the sets could indeed have been sorted and shipped as the pictures show and the reminder could still be in an unsorted or partially sorted state.
I learned to be careful with conclusions and try to think the logic backwards before posting.
If I remember correctly and the information was right, there were a lot more then 4 real orders and some add-on sets - @BunnyLake please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2296 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 08:52:22 »
I wish I were in this boat.

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #2297 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 08:56:46 »
No where else have I encountered people that envy me for having paid years ago and still not gotten the product ;D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2298 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 08:57:44 »
@BunnyLake
Thank you for this update. I'm by nature rater curious and want to know every detail of what happens to my keys but if it gives you to much grieve, I can understand if you don't what to give updates any more.
@andCoffee
Looks like we are in the same boat.
Have you considered that both information could be right? Some of the sets could indeed have been sorted and shipped as the pictures show and the reminder could still be in an unsorted or partially sorted state.
I learned to be careful with conclusions and try to think the logic backwards before posting.
If I remember correctly and the information was right, there were a lot more then 4 real orders and some add-on sets - @BunnyLake please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I believe there are 12 orders to ship, a mixture of complete orders and some mis packs, I would need to check that info is still up to date though as last I went through it was a while ago, and as it hasn't been shipping I haven't had to touch it in a while, I have a feeling there are a few more that slipped through the net

But everyone will be confirmed and taken care of

I have no problem giving updates but I'm not gonna bang my head against a wall and get spoken to like **** because of it, I'm doing all I can from afar to resolve it and all I can go on is the word of others, and can relay the updates as they are given to me

I was given some story about some box spilling between the hand over from nerdly to Cody but no info as to what sets that affected or to what extent, frankly it doesn't matter, what does matter is what is real right now, and that is the state bro has received them in, which is bagged up but in no real order, my guess would be he has that box in the above pics basically as it was, and then everything else you can see was just shoved in bags

Bro sent me pics of how he received it but I'm on my phone right now and can't locate them

I appreciate the people waiting, I can't wait for it all to be over and I promise there is no part of me trying to delay this in anyway, the sooner it's out the better

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2299 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 08:59:23 »
No where else have I encountered people that envy me for having paid years ago and still not gotten the product ;D

I paid years ago for tons of extras, and I don't have ****, so I'm in your boat, although I have had one set, but I purchased extras in all these outstanding gbs which I've never gotten as I wait until the end to see what's left etc and cover replacements and whatnot