Author Topic: [GB] Dolphin and EM7 Raffle - All boards have shipped! So long, everyone!  (Read 323486 times)

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
With how this GB is going, y'all gonna get your boards by 2019. Glad I missed out.
Or not at all.....
I kinda wanted to sugarcoat it, but I really shouldn't have. I doubt that any boards will ship.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline le_wraith

Does anyone have an ability to contact Lynn and/or BMW?

I really hate to be "that guy" but the "oh I got x,y,z fatal illness" is a classic scam technique. This whole thing of "oh I have another surgery coming up, will send you a brief message between surgeries" just feels really weird and scammy to me. Now the GB runner is in a coma and some other person comes out of the woodwork who seemingly doesn't even know who the buyers are or what their addresses are. Maybe it is the language barrier, IDK. I really hope this isn't an outright scam but something just seems very suspicious about all this.

Offline Remsky

I really hate to be "that guy" but the "oh I got x,y,z fatal illness" is a classic scam technique. This whole thing of "oh I have another surgery coming up, will send you a brief message between surgeries" just feels really weird and scammy to me. Now the GB runner is in a coma and some other person comes out of the woodwork who seemingly doesn't even know who the buyers are or what their addresses are. Maybe it is the language barrier, IDK. I really hope this isn't an outright scam but something just seems very suspicious about all this.
These are my exact thoughts on the buy as well
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline afrokobe

BMW is on reddit, but from his last post here he's been "out" of the keyboard game for a while....  An alternative is to find some one that speaks korean to try to contact lynn through his naver or maybe on kbdlab.  Apparently not all of the korean participant boards have been shipped out yet for some reason or another.  I am assuming we are under the priority of domestic orders. 

Offline Tally810

BMW is on reddit, but from his last post here he's been "out" of the keyboard game for a while....  An alternative is to find some one that speaks korean to try to contact lynn through his naver or maybe on kbdlab.  Apparently not all of the korean participant boards have been shipped out yet for some reason or another.  I am assuming we are under the priority of domestic orders.
Probably because they paid more

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

These are my exact thoughts on the buy as well

He’s definitely not scamming, he’s been ill for quite awhile before this GB and we’ve done some high price trades that went through fine.

Offline _BMW_M3_

Contacting them now to get an update. Stay tuned, I'll edit this post. I'm doing everything I can guys.

*EDIT* I reached out to Nam(Shin's brother) + Lynn again tonight. Lynn told me he is ready to ship and he's waiting on Nam(Shin) to send him the list of addresses that have been confirmed. If you have not yet confirmed your shipping address, please PM Nam to confirm your address. Shipping will be prioritized for confirmed addresses.

I have asked Nam(Shin) to post here when he sends the list to Lynn and when shipping starts. Shipping is now 2 weeks late according to the date last set. Nam(Shin) promised to get the list to Lynn next week when he returns from Singapore. Beginning next week, I will message them every single day to get updates on shipping. Previous deadline extensions were acceptable to me because of manufacturing issues. I'm not okay with missing this last deadline - it's completely unacceptable. I will do everything in my power to get these damn things shipped.

*EDIT EDIT*
Lynn sent me these photos so everyone knows that he's prepared to ship: https://imgur.com/a/U7mcqSS His home is literally crammed full of keyboards.

I also just found out about some serious personal complications that I was unaware of. Nam(Shin's brother) has promised to send Lynn the updated list when he returns from Singapore. This is a serious matter and that's all I'm comfortable with sharing. Just know that Nam, Shin's brother, is currently standing in for Shin.

I have also attached the EM7 firmware and Fave GUI program, you know, for the EM7s that no one has yet.  :blank: Lynn said the PCBs are working very well and there should be no concerns about quality.

I'll continue to do everything possible to keep this moving along. As soon as the list gets to Lynn, he should be able to start shipping like a madman. If you haven't already, please PM Nam(Shin) and confirm your shipping address. Thank you.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 22:30:34 by _BMW_M3_ »
Dolphin v1 LE | TGR Jane | LZ Ergo

Offline lanyusea

Contacting them now to get an update. Stay tuned, I'll edit this post. I'm doing everything I can guys.

*EDIT* I reached out to Nam(Shin's brother) + Lynn again tonight. Lynn told me he is ready to ship and he's waiting on Nam(Shin) to send him the list of addresses that have been confirmed. If you have not yet confirmed your shipping address, please PM Nam to confirm your address. Shipping will be prioritized for confirmed addresses.

I have asked Nam(Shin) to post here when he sends the list to Lynn and when shipping starts. Shipping is now 2 weeks late according to the date last set. Nam(Shin) promised to get the list to Lynn next week when he returns from Singapore. Beginning next week, I will message them every single day to get updates on shipping. Previous deadline extensions were acceptable to me because of manufacturing issues. I'm not okay with missing this last deadline - it's completely unacceptable. I will do everything in my power to get these damn things shipped.

*EDIT EDIT*
Lynn sent me these photos so everyone knows that he's prepared to ship: https://imgur.com/a/U7mcqSS His home is literally crammed full of keyboards.

I also just found out about some serious personal complications that I was unaware of. Nam(Shin's brother) has promised to send Lynn the updated list when he returns from Singapore. This is a serious matter and that's all I'm comfortable with sharing. Just know that Nam, Shin's brother, is currently standing in for Shin.

I have also attached the EM7 firmware and Fave GUI program, you know, for the EM7s that no one has yet.  :blank: Lynn said the PCBs are working very well and there should be no concerns about quality.

I'll continue to do everything possible to keep this moving along. As soon as the list gets to Lynn, he should be able to start shipping like a madman. If you haven't already, please PM Nam(Shin) and confirm your shipping address. Thank you.

Thank you!  :thumb:

wondering if the tool also works for Jigon based PCB?
I used Jigon to program my EM7 from previous GB but found it cannot program two Fn keys in one layer.
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline Tally810

*EDIT EDIT*

So if we emailed Tam originally a few weeks ago we don't need to send again to his brother correct?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy

*EDIT EDIT*

Thanks for following up on this BMW!

Also, nguyenkimtam get well soon man! You are in our thoughts!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline _BMW_M3_

*EDIT EDIT*

So if we emailed Tam originally a few weeks ago we don't need to send again to his brother correct?

If you confirmed your address with Tam a few weeks ago, you should be fine. He should have it in his spreadsheet.
Dolphin v1 LE | TGR Jane | LZ Ergo

Offline nocturalowl

*EDIT EDIT*

If you confirmed your address with Tam a few weeks ago, you should be fine. He should have it in his spreadsheet.

I kinda missed out on this, reconfirm address stuff. Which email i should reconfirm my shipping info ?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
I kinda missed out on this, reconfirm address stuff. Which email i should reconfirm my shipping info ?

Everyone got an email with the subject "Dolphin Em7 Groupbuy", so maybe try looking for that?

Offline LDobler

I just wake up after my surgery and saw some of comments here
Firstly , with a few Dolphin v3 was delivered in Korea, yes they shipped some in Korea , and the one you guys shared reddit link is from my friend. I was talked about a few was shipped , not meant all shipped. Please confirm this information again. With Linn i have 100% trust , and there are some kind of reasons we should consider , not just about some unclear information
Secondly , I received a lot of changing address request so i would like you guy , all of joiners , please email again your shipping information to this email so i can sort and give a final list to Linn for shipping ( even you change or not change you shipping address). Again , all boards are ready , just packaging, checking and shipping. We might included also EM7 in first batch. After i received all information, sort some of information and make a list to Linn , the first batch will be shipped.
This is an email : dolphin.em7groupbuy@gmail.com
Please included your real name , your number id of your slot ( i wrote on your paypal invoice detail, if you don't have so that doesn't need ) , dolphin or em7 , your request  , etc.... . I'm also prefer using your PAYPAL ID EMAIL to email to me so i can identify and check easily
I will have more surgeries so don’t worry if i won’t reply you. I will do it as soon as possible ( must be done in this month)
Thanks all

Quoting for visibility.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
I just wake up after my surgery and saw some of comments here
Firstly , with a few Dolphin v3 was delivered in Korea, yes they shipped some in Korea , and the one you guys shared reddit link is from my friend. I was talked about a few was shipped , not meant all shipped. Please confirm this information again. With Linn i have 100% trust , and there are some kind of reasons we should consider , not just about some unclear information
Secondly , I received a lot of changing address request so i would like you guy , all of joiners , please email again your shipping information to this email so i can sort and give a final list to Linn for shipping ( even you change or not change you shipping address). Again , all boards are ready , just packaging, checking and shipping. We might included also EM7 in first batch. After i received all information, sort some of information and make a list to Linn , the first batch will be shipped.
This is an email : dolphin.em7groupbuy@gmail.com
Please included your real name , your number id of your slot ( i wrote on your paypal invoice detail, if you don't have so that doesn't need ) , dolphin or em7 , your request  , etc.... . I'm also prefer using your PAYPAL ID EMAIL to email to me so i can identify and check easily
I will have more surgeries so don’t worry if i won’t reply you. I will do it as soon as possible ( must be done in this month)
Thanks all

Quoting for visibility.

Thank you kindly for this reminder. I've been away for quite a while and came back. Checked my inbox and the email about this never made it to me, so I sent all the information over to that email address.

And thanks, BMW for keeping active and involved on this!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
Seems tam has been active on Facebook recently....

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
So much for coma.... also i know it has his name, but his username is his name...

Offline Tally810

So much for coma.... also i know it has his name, but his username is his name...

Show Image

Rip

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Show Image

Maybe he got better and is celebrating?

Offline Tally810

Show Image

Celebrating hard http://imgur.com/6XvHCSP

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Show Image

Maybe there was a sale? BOGO?

Offline Tally810

Show Image

Maybe there was a sale? BOGO?
I love smart shopping.  Can't beat a nice bogo

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
The plot thickens...

I hope BMW can sort this out.

I don't understand why you would lie about your brother being in a coma.

Offline le_wraith

The plot thickens...

Food comas are no laughing matter.

Maybe it's just someone with the same name? :mehopes:
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 May 2018, 21:08:04 by jackedhardwarejunkie »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
The plot thickens...

« Last Edit: Sat, 12 May 2018, 21:03:35 by xondat »

Offline lanyusea

Show Image

wow, really hard
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline megaforce

Damn

Good thing I got a refund before my board money turned into airfare and Gucci bags

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
gucci gucci rolex first class mad flex
keyboards.

Offline TerryMathews

I don't even know why you'd fly from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang. When I was there we went by PT boat...  :eek:

Offline ika

who flies business class for a 90 minute flight?

Offline Tally810

A Gucci, Louis, Prada connoisseur

Offline Remsky

Damn

Good thing I got a refund before my board money turned into airfare and Gucci bags

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
Dont forget all that filet mignion and wagyu steak too

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Someone who's on a business trip. Like the business of getting these boards shipped. He opted to fly because the boards were being shipped, so there was no room on the boat.
Maybe these are freebies for raffle entrants and he was testing them out before sending.

Offline airs

What in the actual f***? So he’s not in a coma? Was he ever even sick?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod

hey whats up guys

Offline Remsky

Watching this GB felt like watching a fat kid chase a piece of chocolate on a stick while on a treadmill

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
I wish I got in the TGR Alice group buy instead.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
I wish I got in the TGR Alice group buy instead.
TGR is love. TGR is life.

TGR always and forever.

Offline tomu

• hi
The plot thickens...

LOL

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Tally810

This doesn't look good boys

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is from Lins friend in Korea supposedly:

Offline Tally810

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is from Lins friend in Korea supposedly:

Show Image

Feelsbadman

Offline Remsky

So potentially, probably, this is one of the biggest skams since Ivan.

Offline Tally810

I'm just confused as to how over a year later we are just finding out that Tam still has the money

Offline megaforce

i keep wanting to meme this thread since I got my refund, but this is tragic now.
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline mech0nly

no way,..
356CL DGE | 356mini | 360C | G81-3000SAT | G81-3000SAU | G81-3077SAU | ESA-3000-HASRO | G80-3000LPCXY-2 | G80-3485LWNUS-2 | 55g HHKB

Offline Remsky

I'm just confused as to how over a year later we are just finding out that Tam still has the money

He has the money? You sure he hasn't spent it yet? Thats what probably happened.

Offline sundin

Maybe it's just someone with the same name? :mehopes:
I hope too, i see a lot of tam nguyen, that's pretty common.

Offline raymogi

I was gonna sell my spot a month ago. I guess it's too late now :D
Please feed my addiction.