Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 907558 times)

Offline ZyBeR

Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #1000 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 17:18:19 »
i'll be making a small claims court case but will update people here on things I am able to share on the process.
Any updates to share?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1001 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 19:35:58 »
Is this the biggest scam in keyboard history?

in terms of monetary value probably no, but in terms of sheer betrayal of trust it's definitely up there
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #1002 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 19:54:51 »
Wow, 2022 is the ALICE year?

Do I tell him?

You see this a lot lately. It's just someone trying to boost their post count so they can sell us stuff.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #1003 on: Sat, 01 October 2022, 06:05:47 »
Wow, 2022 is the ALICE year?

Do I tell him?

You see this a lot lately. It's just someone trying to boost their post count so they can sell us stuff.

The name and bio make it super obvious. I just find it really funny that they commented on this specific thread and the GSKT with positive thoughts.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #1004 on: Sat, 01 October 2022, 12:33:20 »

in terms of monetary value probably no, but in terms of sheer betrayal of trust it's definitely up there

What would be the biggest monetary one? Polartype?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #1005 on: Sat, 01 October 2022, 12:48:08 »

Potentially sprit i think

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #1006 on: Sat, 01 October 2022, 13:14:25 »

Man I'm still glad i got my gateron fc switches from him >.> granted it was only like a pack so i can add them to my switch collection

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #1007 on: Sat, 01 October 2022, 18:47:23 »

SPRiT was a fart in a hurricane compared to this
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1008 on: Sat, 01 October 2022, 23:07:33 »

yeah sprit was low 5 digits, this is likely mid 6 (my math has it around 300k). polartype could be up there but i honestly don't know enough about it to say for sure.

there have been a couple other mid 6 exit scams. team redline was like 100-200, for example. they're nothing new in keyboards.

E8v1 was a pretty major one that ended up working out. i think when i made that post i was thinking of that guy who faked having cancer and took all the GB money to buy a bunch of gucci goods or something. was that dolphin v3? i think those boards also eventually went out, though.

i think what makes this so unusual (and therefore keeps us all posting in the thread) is the fact that it doesn't look like people will be getting their boards. even with those other GBs, including more recent ones like moon v2 and gskt, at least there's a pretty clear potential people might actually get their boards. even stuff like 280 and jane v2 CE, it's clear that the runner just made mistakes, not that they were ever trying to exit scam. even mech27v2 ended up with the affected people getting refunds not too long ago.

that's why i'm of the belief that jaxx wasn't going into this trying to scam people -- i think he just royally ****ed up somewhere in the process and is ghosting everyone to avoid responsibility. that doesn't make it any more or less OK, and i'm just speculating here. i don't think we'll ever really know what happened here unless jaxx comes out of hiding and says something. at this point i find that to be a remote to nonexistent possibility.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #1009 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 07:19:02 »

yeah sprit was low 5 digits, this is likely mid 6 (my math has it around 300k). polartype could be up there but i honestly don't know enough about it to say for sure.

there have been a couple other mid 6 exit scams. team redline was like 100-200, for example. they're nothing new in keyboards.

E8v1 was a pretty major one that ended up working out. i think when i made that post i was thinking of that guy who faked having cancer and took all the GB money to buy a bunch of gucci goods or something. was that dolphin v3? i think those boards also eventually went out, though.

i think what makes this so unusual (and therefore keeps us all posting in the thread) is the fact that it doesn't look like people will be getting their boards. even with those other GBs, including more recent ones like moon v2 and gskt, at least there's a pretty clear potential people might actually get their boards. even stuff like 280 and jane v2 CE, it's clear that the runner just made mistakes, not that they were ever trying to exit scam. even mech27v2 ended up with the affected people getting refunds not too long ago.

that's why i'm of the belief that jaxx wasn't going into this trying to scam people -- i think he just royally ****ed up somewhere in the process and is ghosting everyone to avoid responsibility. that doesn't make it any more or less OK, and i'm just speculating here. i don't think we'll ever really know what happened here unless jaxx comes out of hiding and says something. at this point i find that to be a remote to nonexistent possibility.

I can't say for Jaxx as what he intended or not, but I'm of the same opinion that what makes this different is this was possibly the first case of the runner simply proofing out of existence. Jane V2 and the Notary 280 were harsh, but the runner was there somehow and didn't ghost people at this level
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #1010 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 09:50:29 »
Maybe first, but not the last.
Let's not forget Lynx L50. Very discrete, very silent, very scammy.

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #1011 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 23:08:36 »

I joined this hobby too late to know about the e8v1 but man that kinda sours how i feel about the e7v2 i bought a few months ago :/

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1012 on: Mon, 03 October 2022, 08:45:18 »

I joined this hobby too late to know about the e8v1 but man that kinda sours how i feel about the e7v2 i bought a few months ago :/

naw exclusive was cool, it was the other ppl he was working with back then who sucked. they weren't involved anymore after e8v1

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #1013 on: Tue, 11 October 2022, 08:41:05 »
It's been over 2 years (about 2.5 years) since the group buy ended. It's been over a year since the last update on Discord (9/18/21). How are there no updates since a year ago...

Jaxx, if you're still here and reading through these comments, please give us some update, even if it's the same as the previous update letting us know that there is no update...

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #1014 on: Tue, 11 October 2022, 15:44:19 »
It's been over 2 years (about 2.5 years) since the group buy ended. It's been over a year since the last update on Discord (9/18/21). How are there no updates since a year ago...

Jaxx, if you're still here and reading through these comments, please give us some update, even if it's the same as the previous update letting us know that there is no update...

I think Jaxx is pleading the 5th on this one

Offline NixieType

« Reply #1015 on: Tue, 11 October 2022, 21:49:47 »
I'm super glad I got out of this buy early. I really don't understand what Jaxx expects us to think of him when it pretty much looks like he has no intentions of even trying to keep this GB alive even though he keeps saying that he intends on finishing Rukia eventually.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #1016 on: Wed, 12 October 2022, 12:43:34 »

Last active on this website: Sat, 18 September 2021, 20:45:39

He hasn't even come back (logged in at least) in over a year now.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #1017 on: Wed, 12 October 2022, 13:49:28 »
Would be interesting to get an update on the legal action(s) that some people initiated.

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #1018 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 07:29:27 »
Bump  :blank:

Offline shxWN

• Everything I do is visionary
« Reply #1019 on: Wed, 02 November 2022, 00:41:18 »
bump
Kepler FC65 || Frog TKL || Whale75 || Sirius 60 ||

Offline Stvnce

« Reply #1020 on: Fri, 04 November 2022, 04:08:55 »
After looking at the timeline again, seems a little suspicious that Jaxx kept leading everyone then vanished around the time chargebacks weren’t really possible. We were fed lies and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Meanwhile he’s laughing to the bank. Situations like these make me hope karma is a thing.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #1021 on: Fri, 04 November 2022, 04:33:11 »
After looking at the timeline again, seems a little suspicious that Jaxx kept leading everyone then vanished around the time chargebacks weren’t really possible. We were fed lies and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Meanwhile he’s laughing to the bank. Situations like these make me hope karma is a thing.
Indeed. Karma or league action.
It's disgusting to think about how much money he stole form a large group of people who had nothing but trust in him.

There must be several people in the GB that know him and live in the area? But I presume he refunded them early on to avoid any "real" situations..

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #1022 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 13:40:29 »
Update?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #1023 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 15:10:05 »
Insert joke here. Bad one.

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #1024 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 18:18:26 »

Gondolindrim, can we assume you haven't heard anything from Jaxx either?
I can't believe it's been over a year without us hearing anything.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #1025 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 21:52:39 »
You can't believe?  kek

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #1026 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 22:32:00 »

Not a word really

Offline NOLA

« Reply #1027 on: Sat, 12 November 2022, 10:43:18 »

Not a word really

really or at all? really insinuates you have heard from him. lol

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #1028 on: Sat, 12 November 2022, 11:03:32 »

Not a word really

really or at all? really insinuates you have heard from him. lol

At all. Jaxx has dealt with me pretty much the same way as with everyone. The only time I got special treatment was when I stormed into the thread demanding he contacted me, which he did, and then vanished again. That was, what, an year ago?

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #1029 on: Wed, 16 November 2022, 20:01:45 »
this gb makes me so sad.

Offline thocciness

« Reply #1030 on: Thu, 17 November 2022, 10:51:40 »
Still sad about this one  :-[

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #1031 on: Sat, 03 December 2022, 12:14:31 »

INT. SNAKE'S LAIR - DAY

We see a small, dark room filled with various electronic gadgets and wires. In the center of the room sits a large ice cream machine that takes up most of the space.

Suddenly, a snake with legs and arms enters the room. The snake is carrying a large keyboard, which it places on a nearby table.

SNAKE

This is the Rukia keyboard - the greatest keyboard ever created. It's a one-of-a-kind design, and I'm offering it to you at a discounted price.

We see a close-up of the Rukia keyboard, which looks like a regular keyboard with a few extra buttons and flashing lights.

SNAKE

But hurry, this offer won't last long. Once I sell out, I'm never making another one.

The snake sits down at the table and begins typing on the Rukia keyboard, showing off its features.

SNAKE

You see, the Rukia has multiple customizable backlighting options, programmable macro keys, and a sleek, ergonomic design. It's perfect for gaming, typing, and everything in between.

Suddenly, the snake's attention is drawn to the ice cream machine. It gets up and walks over to it, pressing buttons and checking the level of ice cream inside.

SNAKE

And if that wasn't enough, the Rukia comes with a complimentary ice cream machine - just like this one. Imagine all the delicious ice cream you could make with this baby.

The snake smiles wickedly, clearly enjoying the thought of scamming people out of their money.

SNAKE

So, are you ready to buy the Rukia and join the ranks of the keyboard elite? Don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

The snake turns back to the camera, its eyes gleaming with greed.

SNAKE

Trust me, you won't regret it.

Fade to black.

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #1032 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 01:25:30 »

What happened with SPRiT? Should I stop buying SPRiT springs?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #1033 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 14:03:35 »

It's been weird, to be honest. I've bought SPRiT stuff for ages now and never had a problem to be honest. Basically he sold a lot of products and never delivered, and never gave a word about it.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #1034 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 15:11:32 »

It's been weird, to be honest. I've bought SPRiT stuff for ages now and never had a problem to be honest. Basically he sold a lot of products and never delivered, and never gave a word about it.

Must be Jaxx cousin. lol

Offline Full

« Reply #1035 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 04:30:06 »
This is just.. sad..

The Rukia is a beautiful board, I miss it dearly.
Hi!

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #1036 on: Wed, 28 December 2022, 14:52:44 »
I bought an AV3 (which is really nice) a while ago, but I'd still like to see my Rukia.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline XUR

« Reply #1037 on: Thu, 29 December 2022, 17:18:09 »
Best course of action now is to start a law suit against Jaxx and then go buy the Amano R2 that just released as in-stock

Offline kronograf

« Reply #1038 on: Tue, 03 January 2023, 05:31:46 »
happy new year to everyone except jaxx
jane me | 910 me

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #1039 on: Tue, 03 January 2023, 05:49:42 »
Best course of action now is to start a law suit against Jaxx and then go buy the Amano R2 that just released as in-stock
Fully agree on the law suit part.

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #1040 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 08:19:43 »
By any chance, has anyone taken the Rukia plate file (if available) and revised the switch cutout fillets to be more like 0.5mm instead of 1.0mm (so that Gateron switches won't bind like they currently do in TGR Alice/clone plates)? 🙏🏿

The Amano project's R2 plate file has .5mm switch cutout corner radius and should be compatible with any case that supports TGR Alice plate, fwiw.

Offline helborne

« Reply #1041 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 10:38:01 »
Has anyone ever alerted the authorities for this kind of fraud?

Offline Full

« Reply #1042 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 03:18:26 »
this should always be on the front page
Hi!

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #1043 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 08:57:26 »
this should always be on the front page

Nah no need to clog up GH with Jaxx's BS, although I do wish we could have this somehow pinned as the only page any of Jaxx's web browsers open to LOL!

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #1044 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 07:24:07 »
:( still sad
wish I could get my money back so I could get amano... but it's wayyyy too late for a chargeback. I changed jobs twice and moved three times since joining this gb.

Offline shxWN

• Everything I do is visionary
« Reply #1045 on: Sun, 26 March 2023, 01:45:21 »
ring ring, jax you still here?

almost 3 years lol
Kepler FC65 || Frog TKL || Whale75 || Sirius 60 ||

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #1046 on: Sun, 26 March 2023, 10:06:10 »
ring ring, jax you still here?

almost 3 years lol

Remember "Rukia will be finished"  ;)   :'(

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 16:55:49 »
MFW we all missed the anniversary of the thread  :'( :'( :'(

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #1048 on: Sat, 03 June 2023, 00:38:02 »
still no updates?

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #1049 on: Sat, 03 June 2023, 12:20:49 »
All that ice cream probably looks like a beached whale and still can't change that bit