Author Topic: [IC]Sanctuary Rebirth-Diablo-Inspired Exocet Keyset [Waiting for samples R2]  (Read 185912 times)

Offline p_blaze

I think your on the right track and slow is the way to go!!! just remember to update every once and a while keep the hype going.. I have seen some pretty amazing keysets not do so hot cause the creator refused to give updates.. are to even hype the product!! I am also jumping on Terminal and skidata... I am like you I am luke warm to cadet I am sure others will like it thought..
+1

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
I think your on the right track and slow is the way to go!!! just remember to update every once and a while keep the hype going.. I have seen some pretty amazing keysets not do so hot cause the creator refused to give updates.. are to even hype the product!! I am also jumping on Terminal and skidata... I am like you I am luke warm to cadet I am sure others will like it thought..

Thanks!

a significant update will be posted below.  :-*
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
so the vendor are confirmed. i hope you all are happy with this  :))
now let's just hope that the price of the set are okay enough...
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline p_blaze

That's great to hear!  I hope things go smoothly, and I'll be waiting patiently for the summer launch  :D

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire

That's great to hear!  I hope things go smoothly, and I'll be waiting patiently for the summer launch  :D

thanks! I hope so.
we're already discussing about the price and the fixation of MOQ, so just..hope for the best.

Offline sevenseacat

I showed my fiance the set and his main comment was that the red needed to be much brighter. He's more of a Diablo fanboy than I am so i'll take his word for it!

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
I showed my fiance the set and his main comment was that the red needed to be much brighter. He's more of a Diablo fanboy than I am so i'll take his word for it!

Hiya!
Don't worry, the red will be brighter than this. But it will be slightly different from OG red.

Offline psychoticgamer

i would like 2 see a number pad set with it as well just like the 1 on the massdrop ver

Offline sevenseacat

Hiya!
Don't worry, the red will be brighter than this. But it will be slightly different from OG red.

Oh awesome :D Looking forward to it!

Offline fatpolomanjr

Is this going to be red on black or red on dark grey more like the original? I'd prefer it to be black and red but I understand that is harder technically and probably not as true to the original DCS set.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
i would like 2 see a number pad set with it as well just like the 1 on the massdrop ver
we'll see  :))
Is this going to be red on black or red on dark grey more like the original? I'd prefer it to be black and red but I understand that is harder technically and probably not as true to the original DCS set.
the target is charcoal-ish. it's a very-very dark grey. but not pitch black.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
little update. i've uploaded the compatibility kit at the first post. if this were GMK, i guess the price would kill us all lol.

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 March 2018, 19:16:28 by Dymloslouire »

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
Looking forward to this. good job

Offline xantiema

Will there be number row options with only exocet typeface? Possible enough novelties to cover alpha's which are symbols

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
Will there be number row options with only exocet typeface? Possible enough novelties to cover alpha's which are symbols
as for now. there's no plan for it. but with enough vote, we can add it to the list and then it's up to MOQ.

thanks!

Offline xantiema

as for now. there's no plan for it. but with enough vote, we can add it to the list and then it's up to MOQ.

thanks!
Please do so. Where does one vote?

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire

thanks!
Please do so. Where does one vote?

just comment in here. we'll wait for other people to state whenever they want the set or not.

Offline p_blaze

I am picking my next custom specifically to look nice with this set

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire

go with black case, orange/dark yellow switch LED and red underglow. red case can also make it  :p

Offline p_blaze

go with black case, orange/dark yellow switch LED and red underglow. red case can also make it  :p

Yep, I'm going to do top red case bottom black case with red underglow
Pretty much my entire computer and desk setup is already under the color scheme too, all I need is a custom keeb with this set to finish it

Offline BillyTheMute

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
Alright, I've spent the morning sketching up some vectors for possible novelties in illustrator and here's what I've managed to come up with.

The Lone Wanderer, taken from the Diablo 2 box art.

Diablo's face, taken from this Diablo 3 art.

A town portal, taken from the Diablo 2 sprite.

Alternatively, the town portal spell icon, taken from the Diablo 1 icon

An angel holding the health orb and a demon holding the mana orb, from the Diablo 2 interface

A health and mana potion based on the Diablo 3 health potion

I can provide SVG format files of any of these :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 March 2018, 13:55:29 by mogo »

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
Alright, I've spent the morning sketching up some vectors for possible novelties in illustrator and here's what I've managed to come up with.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

An angel holding the health orb and a demon holding the mana orb, from the Diablo 2 interface

Show Image
Show Image

I really like the potions and portal, so clean  :). Other than that, I think the diablo head could look better if it showed of more of his horns/upper head.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline xantiema

Those two were also the ones I liked from the bunch, the remainder needs heavy refinement in the outlines  :p

Offline pr0ximity

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

D2 face is on point
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline mogo

I really like the potions and portal, so clean  :). Other than that, I think the diablo head could look better if it showed of more of his horns/upper head.

Those two were also the ones I liked from the bunch, the remainder needs heavy refinement in the outlines  :p

Yeah, I agree. I am not totally happy with the D3 diablo face, but I'm going to consider these a proof of concept and I'm willing to put more time into redoing a legend by hand.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
whoa, that's a fantastic! concept you got there.

we surely gonna need a potion novelties on Q. and townportal on T. i'll decide later which vector i'll use, mine or you. we'll probably use the diablo 2 one on town portal.
on diablo face, i think we can use that on.. enter? it's to show off more of his horns.

and i like that potion/health mana bar. i've planned it to use it on our set, with a lil bit different concept.

please be patient!

Offline vpr

Just joined the Chiwi60 GB for a black case that I think this will look fantastic on, however the default layout uses 2x3u spacebars as seen here: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/7b66929907ba44fdcd63eb4cc403418b

So could you add 2x 3u caps to the Spaces kit?  :thumb:

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
i'll try to ask the vendor if the addition of 2x 3u key will significantly change the price of the keyset a lot or not.

as for now, we are working on the typeset (for the dye-sub preparation) and the novelties. stay tuned!

Offline p_blaze

Wow this is running way earlier than I expected, not that I am disappointed!
Are the homing keys scooped or barred? I prefer to have both if possible

Offline mogo

Scooped? DCS profile? Is that a thing?

Offline p_blaze

These are running in cherry profile pbt

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
It's simply progressing faster than I expected lol.
damn, I'll need to ask the vendor about that. I, myself prefer scooped.

It's Cherry Profile PBT Dyesubbed.

Offline nastrovje

What quality are the keycaps? How thick are they? Is this made with Everglide?

Offline p_blaze

It's simply progressing faster than I expected lol.
damn, I'll need to ask the vendor about that. I, myself prefer scooped.

It's Cherry Profile PBT Dyesubbed.

So... barred, scooped, or both?  :confused:

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
No. it's from Keyreative.

i'm trying to contact the vendor as for now. but when i see their past set, all the set that the have produced is barred.

Offline p_blaze

No. it's from Keyreative.

i'm trying to contact the vendor as for now. but when i see their past set, all the set that the have produced is barred.

I really do hope they have scooped homing keys as well :pray:
I'm still in either way, of course :thumb:

Offline HotRoderX

This project is moving along rapidly I am happy and impressed.. and I think honestly think the 50 MOQ will be easy mode.. special if the price is in the 100 dollar range. I am so stocked for this set!!!! this is up there with God Speed as far as sets go. The Fact its Dye Subbed is exciting also. I know there a lot of limitations with dye sub but I still think dye sub key's look amazing.

Offline dutchcs

I was always under the impression that you can't dyesub a lighter color onto a darker one, like a red on a black. So this "5 side dye-sub" process allows you to do that?

And I'll likely be interested in this set no matter what but I've always been more fond of the Sanctuary PBT dyesub colorway over the DCS set, but that's probably just me

maybe something in the same vein for a future run 🙂

Offline a_ak57

I was always under the impression that you can't dyesub a lighter color onto a darker one, like a red on a black. So this "5 side dye-sub" process allows you to do that?

In order to do something like red-on-black dye-sub, they take a red keycap, dye the four sides of it black and dye the top black except for where they want the legend, so you're left with that non-dyed red legend on an otherwise now black keycap.  Hence the name of 5 side dye-subbing.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
I am highly interested if there will be some bottom row 1U and 1.5U keys available (add-on set?). I would love to put this on my Gamdias but it has a nonstandard bottom row of 1.5/1/1.5/6/1.5/1/1/1.5.

Specifically, this one:
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire

In order to do something like red-on-black dye-sub, they take a red keycap, dye the four sides of it black and dye the top black except for where they want the legend, so you're left with that non-dyed red legend on an otherwise now black keycap.  Hence the name of 5 side dye-subbing.
thanks for helping me answer that!

I am highly interested if there will be some bottom row 1U and 1.5U keys available (add-on set?). I would love to put this on my Gamdias but it has a nonstandard bottom row of 1.5/1/1.5/6/1.5/1/1/1.5.

Specifically, this one:
Show Image

if you see it closer, pro kit have the keys that you need. there's some redundant key and won't cover the spacebar (the vendor doesn't have the mold for 6.5u spacebar), but it works.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
I somehow completely missed that. The 6U spacebar would fit I think except that it's not off-center. Oh well, still interested regardless.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
just so you know, this set is still alive (not a meme). we're currently waiting for the GB slot. I'll post the novelty set this week, hopefully. been sick since this weekend :meh:

i'll post to reddit when the sets are 100% complete to unleash the hype.

Offline HotRoderX

is this still slated for a run around summer?

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
Feel better  :). Still hyped!
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline vpr

Hope you're feeling better, any updates on this you can share?

Offline p_blaze

do you plan on having a set of alphas with sublegends? I think it would look pretty good in this colorway

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
this set is still scheduled to run after Terminal R2. please waiiit.

yeah, i'm feeling better but the yearly closing on my company is killing me again (Financial year for Japanese company is April to March, FYI).

no idea for sublegends just yet. what are you suggesting?

no updates yet. still working on a typefont and novelties. lmao

Offline p_blaze

this set is still scheduled to run after Terminal R2. please waiiit.

yeah, i'm feeling better but the yearly closing on my company is killing me again (Financial year for Japanese company is April to March, FYI).

no idea for sublegends just yet. what are you suggesting?

no updates yet. still working on a typefont and novelties. lmao
I'm not sure, I'll do some homework and find a set of symbols that look in the spirit of the set, I guess. For now, I guess katakana or greek subs are possibilities