Author Topic: Mechanical Keyboard Mecha..  (Read 1741 times)

Offline keebler64

Mechanical Keyboard Mecha..
« on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 23:18:32 »
So, hit up one of my old favorites today. First time in 10 years.

And happened upon this. Everything 50% off after first purchase.

Found some spiffy nib Xerox Terminal Boards, a dell AT101W,
And about 50+ Apple Extended ADB boards, apple IIe boards, a And some SUN Type 5 and 5cs

There were some awesome candidates for hacks, but in the end I settled on this.

It works, gonna mod the hell out of it. Can't say I'm a fan of the ALPS Whites though. We'll see, the 10key pad is new, never used. Not gonna open it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2012, 23:25:31 by keebler64 »

Offline StaCT13

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 09:26:58 »
Please buy all of them and send them to me. Please?

ErgoDox Classic Aluminium (MX Reds) | Leopold TKL Otaku (MX Browns) | Rosewill RK-9000 (MX Blues) | Dell AT101W (Alps Black)

Happily typing in Dvorak

Offline keebler64

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 10:19:42 »
Quote from: ripster;585541
That's because those are the low profile ALPS Whites, not Complicated White Clickys.

As I've discovered through more research. I'll see about keyswapping eventually. Which Apple keyboard would be the best to look for in terms of keys? There were a few Apple Extended Keyboard II's, and a few had some ALPS Browns.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 April 2012, 10:28:57 by keebler64 »

Offline Magna224

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 11:05:55 »
You should buy all the ones with Pink, Brown, and Orange ALPS. Anything you don't want I'm sure geekhackers would be interested in. I know I would be interested in a board with Orange or Browns.
If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 11:07:46 »
What kind of store has a ton of old keyboards just laying around 50% off?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline keebler64

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 12:15:45 »
Hmm, after using it for two days. Not a fan of the AAK, thinking about taking it back and exchange it for an Apple M0110. There were about 10 of them in the boxes. While the "geek" factor for replacing the switches would be cool, it's not worth my time.  The M0110 has been hacked and re-hacked, (as demonstrated by lowpoly and others here), but it's a very good looking board. Unless y'all can suggest another decent Apple Keyboard? (I'm going with Apple for multiple reasons, my use of Macs being primary, and their vintage look secondary.)