• * Maker
  • Get back to work!
I got boards.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: TG3's
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 07:50:38 »
US link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121265968972
note that these are non backlit, SP doubleshot keycaps. 2kro I have one.

available singly as well:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121266006222
US link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121266006222

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 07:54:14 »
Thank you for sharing. :thumb:
It looks interesting for me.
I like linear switches

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 09:19:29 »
Thank you for sharing. :thumb:
It looks interesting for me.

They're decent. Good TG3 Build quality. Only reason I don't use mine more is the 2kro. If it were nkro, I'd be all over that. I'd even put a better trackpad in there with a PS/2 passthrough/USB hub.

I can dig mine up and post some pictures if anyone's interested.

Offline Jotokun

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 10:45:43 »
They're definitely solid boards. I've got the backlit USB version, honestly these aren't missing out much given how inconsistent the backlighting is.

I game on mine all the time without issues... but I wouldn't recommend it if you swap ctrl and caps lock. I've found if you swap them, caps lock will randomly turn on as you're typing. It's definitely some key combinations on the right side of the alphas, and as a fix I just set them both to Ctrl keys. But if you regularly use a program with Ctrl combinations on the right side it can be a problem.
85 IBM Model F "120" ANSI-Modded | 86 IBM Model M | Cherry G84-4100 | TG3 Data911 (MX Blacks) | 90 Apple Extended II (Linear modded Cream ALPS) | 95 Apple Extended II (Dampened White ALPS)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 12:31:46 »
They're definitely solid boards. I've got the backlit USB version, honestly these aren't missing out much given how inconsistent the backlighting is.

I game on mine all the time without issues... but I wouldn't recommend it if you swap ctrl and caps lock. I've found if you swap them, caps lock will randomly turn on as you're typing. It's definitely some key combinations on the right side of the alphas, and as a fix I just set them both to Ctrl keys. But if you regularly use a program with Ctrl combinations on the right side it can be a problem.

The BL is most likely like that because they are running multiple LEDs off of one resistor. You can fix that with some work.

I play some games where 6KRO is crucial any almost all 2KRO boards (with the exception of the WY30) do not work.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 18:50:26 »

The BL is most likely like that because they are running multiple LEDs off of one resistor. You can fix that with some work.

I play some games where 6KRO is crucial any almost all 2KRO boards (with the exception of the WY30) do not work.

My Deck keyboard is still unfixed and I'm interested in hearing more. Could it be that one resistor died causing all my LEDs to go down? How do I identify that?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 19:42:05 »

My Deck keyboard is still unfixed and I'm interested in hearing more. Could it be that one resistor died causing all my LEDs to go down? How do I identify that?

Deck keyboards are wired differently than the TG3 BL82.

Well I think the Deck82  could be the same, but it is only the red version. You can't put 2 LEDs in a row from 5V power unless they're both under 2.5V

If all your LEDs are failed then it's likely the current source (transistor) on the PCB like grendel said. If your LEDs are spotty (some brighter some dimmer, pairs of 2 both not working at all) then it's what I would expect from a keyboard running 2 LEDs in series with 1 resistor.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 21:26:57 »
If all your LEDs are failed then it's likely the current source (transistor) on the PCB like grendel said. If your LEDs are spotty (some brighter some dimmer, pairs of 2 both not working at all) then it's what I would expect from a keyboard running 2 LEDs in series with 1 resistor.

How do I find it and how do I test it??