Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4155309 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #25450 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 22:54:43 »
It really bothers me when posters feel the need to use 36 point font to make a point.

wait, but how am i supposed to figure out who's right and wrong without that

Ask Tp4 for clarification, he seems unbiased and totally on point when making observations.  And Tp4, you are using a consistent font size, all is well with us brah.

Tp4 @ Maximum TEAL !!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25451 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 17:52:14 »
I was browsing the POE wiki when this happened to my browser. inb4 Whiskers botnet  :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25452 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 18:14:35 »
I was browsing the POE wiki when this happened to my browser. inb4 Whiskers botnet  :(
Show Image

YES !!

Finally !!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25453 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 21:24:58 »
Show Image

YES !!

Finally !!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25454 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 11:08:24 »
Fractured clavicle.  You don't realise how helpful your wrong hand is until you don't have one for a while!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #25455 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 11:55:52 »
I'm right hand dominant but mostly ambidextrous with stuff so it would indeed be quite annoying to lose my left hand for any given stretch of time.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline topretoucher

« Reply #25456 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 12:53:19 »
That me and my friends don’t meet up as often ever since we all got full time jobs. Sometimes entire weeks go by where we don’t see each other

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25457 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 13:15:20 »
That me and my friends don’t meet up as often ever since we all got full time jobs. Sometimes entire weeks go by where we don’t see each other

at least you have friends
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25458 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 13:15:27 »

Me too, My old friends and I do not meet up either; I haven't seen them in years..

Oh wait.. they were imaginary, Tp4 had friends, but the medication took them away.

Hahahahaha.. Just kidding..

/Never outside
/Conflicted
/Takes medicine
/Not feeling any better
/Most expensive medical system + worst care
/Make Murica Great Again
/Trump = Best President

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #25459 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 13:25:47 »
Fractured clavicle.  You don't realise how helpful your wrong hand is until you don't have one for a while!

How did you break it? I'll never forget the pain of when I broke mine.. sorry man. I hope you prefer sleeping on your back! I've always slept on my side and frequently roll over in the night - you quickly learn not to with a broken collarbone  :-X

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25460 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 13:39:53 »

How did you break it? I'll never forget the pain of when I broke mine.. sorry man. I hope you prefer sleeping on your back! I've always slept on my side and frequently roll over in the night - you quickly learn not to with a broken collarbone  :-X

Obviously attempting extreme secs.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #25461 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 13:53:38 »

I'd bet he was riding something

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25462 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 14:08:33 »

Yeah that does suck. Fractures are no fun at all--although having a reason to become ambidextrous could improve certain cognitive tasks.

Offline iri

« Reply #25463 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 14:45:20 »

His new bicycle, probably.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #25464 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 14:53:11 »

Yeah that does suck. Fractures are no fun at all--although having a reason to become ambidextrous could improve certain cognitive tasks.

That would be an impressive perspective. In stark contrast, the kids I knew who broke a dominant wrist, arm or finger tried to get out of as many assignments as possible

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25465 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 15:19:10 »

That would be an impressive perspective. In stark contrast, the kids I knew who broke a dominant wrist, arm or finger tried to get out of as many assignments as possible

Yep, that's natural. I had a few extra headaches when I switched mousing hands (~8hrs/day). I doubt suicidal_orange is the type to avoid assignments though, heh.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25466 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 15:42:33 »
Finally had an interview for a content writer today, which was abruptly canceled because they apparently extended an offer to someone who was ahead of me.
Why even call me in for an interview if you're not going to interview every candidate? I am never going to get a job.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25467 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 16:44:32 »

His new bicycle, probably.

Sadly iri is correct :-[ at least the bike bounced, the shifters are scratched and need twisting back out but that's it.

I'm lucky that I always sleep on my back and rarely move so sleeping is ok, just have to get the pillow in the right place under my elbow.  When you do move wrong it sure does hurt though :eek:

Fractures are no fun at all--although having a reason to become ambidextrous could improve certain cognitive tasks.

Yep, that's natural. I had a few extra headaches when I switched mousing hands (~8hrs/day). I doubt suicidal_orange is the type to avoid assignments though, heh.

Assignments, those were the (bad) days...  I was actually in my 7th week in a new job and expected recovery time is 6-8 weeks so doesn't look great but I think I've proved my worth.  I'm not bad with my wrong hand but without it everything's so hard - you can't hold a glass and turn on a tap to fill it or open a bottle of milk/coke let alone open or cut anything to put in a sandwich.  Can't hold a wallet and take out coins/card to pay for something, can't open the door to escape the shop while holding said purchases... seriously if I lost an arm I don't think I want to continue living.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #25468 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 18:33:58 »
If you lost an arm you'd adapt to it eventually. My great grandfather lost an arm but was able to tie his shoes one handed. Just something you figure out eventually I guess.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25469 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 07:15:19 »
Forgot my coffee at home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25470 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 08:36:58 »
Forgot my coffee at home.

the -- Special coffee -- w/ drugs ++

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #25471 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 13:01:41 »
Earlier, the little crack on my mobile screen made the time look like 2:30 when it was really 12:30. I'm still triggered because I had been just busy enough to think that time really might've flown like that. This is why I try to avoid checking the time while I'm at work anyway

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25472 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 14:16:13 »
2 more coworkers have left....there is no one remaining here I care to have a conversation with.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25473 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 14:21:22 »
Yesterday I applied for a package handling job with UPS.

Today I recieved an email from UPS about available interview appointments in my area.

I applied within an hour after recieving the email--only to learn that there are no available interview appointments in my area.

Dang.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25474 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 14:22:18 »
2 more coworkers have left....there is no one remaining here I care to have a conversation with.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25475 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 14:27:14 »

(Attachment Link)
Thanks TP4.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25476 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 04:27:03 »
The reality of my situation has hit home - at least three more weeks of nothingness due to my injury.  Can't "do" anything for fear of aggravating it and probably going to spend my last penny on bills because of it so can't even look at shiny things to buy to amuse myself (looking or post-purchase).  I only have myself to blame.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25477 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 07:07:07 »
The reality of my situation has hit home - at least three more weeks of nothingness due to my injury.  Can't "do" anything for fear of aggravating it and probably going to spend my last penny on bills because of it so can't even look at shiny things to buy to amuse myself (looking or post-purchase).  I only have myself to blame.

Tp4 has ran out of NEW things to buy a long time ago..

Own 7+ of each electronic gizmo..

Started fixing up and using old Broken things..

Quite fun.

Yesterday Tp4 resoldered 10x eneloop cells into an old Electrolux handheld vaccum.

Works much better than before, lasts 3 times as long..

The feels is similar to that of meeting an old friend you haven't seen in years.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25478 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 07:12:33 »
Sounds fun tp4, but could you do it with one hand?
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 September 2018, 07:14:18 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25479 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 07:31:25 »
Sounds fun tp4, but could you do it with one hand?

Hahahaha.. I had to use the soldering holder just gelling the cells together.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25480 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 07:40:59 »
Exactly - and the soldering holder no doubt requires one hand to open the clip while the other puts what needs holding in >:D
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25481 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 07:49:09 »
Exactly - and the soldering holder no doubt requires one hand to open the clip while the other puts what needs holding in >:D

Well, then fixing up old electronics is something to look forward to..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25482 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 08:44:32 »

Well, then fixing up old electronics is something to look forward to..

Show Image

Aye :)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25483 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 12:02:43 »
I got a MiniVan kit and I don't know how to put it together. Should I just assemble the kit as is? Should I sticker and lube? Do I use the Gateron reds it came with or a different switch? What about spring weight and material? It seems like these should be simple decisions but I'm putting weight on it like once I assemble this it's going to be that way for the rest of its life.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25484 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 12:10:35 »
I got a MiniVan kit and I don't know how to put it together. Should I just assemble the kit as is? Should I sticker and lube? Do I use the Gateron reds it came with or a different switch? What about spring weight and material? It seems like these should be simple decisions but I'm putting weight on it like once I assemble this it's going to be that way for the rest of its life.

Or... keep it as is, unassembled,  NIB,  /engage Collector's Fury.. !!

Next time you buy a kit, you buy 3x, one to build, one to archive, one as backup archive.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25485 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 12:17:13 »

Next time you buy a kit, you buy 3x, one to build, one to archive, one as backup archive.

I used to collect comics.  One to read, one to archive, one to sell.  Same idea :)
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25486 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 14:28:19 »

I used to collect comics.  One to read, one to archive, one to sell.  Same idea :)

Well, as far as that goes... I blew it.

Next time something like this comes up I'll make a better purchasing decision.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25487 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 23:40:37 »

Economically, it is a lot easier to do with comics.  One bad 3x kit purchase can set one back a huge amount of $.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25488 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 00:17:23 »

Economically, it is a lot easier to do with comics.  One bad 3x kit purchase can set one back a huge amount of $.

Some of these customs are pretty expensive but damn are they nice. My first real custom was the full size Peach and mine was not in very good condition, especially not for the amount I paid for it. So far this little kit has restored some faith in customs.

I've decided to sticker these and try sprit gold 62 springs. Lubing crossed my mind but these already have something on them so I'm going to be lazy on that step. Now my dilemma is where or if I should utilize mxlock.
Keyboards
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25489 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 03:21:52 »
204169-0

I know I'm not around as much these days (hopefully a temporary situation), but there's a LOT of stuff bothering you guys!

What's bothering me (apart from everything, in general) is this instructional text, found while trying to disable the alarm on my daughter's watch:

Press B tutton to return to normal time statues.

What is a tutton?  And, more importantly, what is a time statue?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25490 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 03:28:57 »
:confused:  Good luck rowdy, looks like you're going to need it!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25491 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 10:17:59 »
(Attachment Link)

I know I'm not around as much these days (hopefully a temporary situation), but there's a LOT of stuff bothering you guys!

What's bothering me (apart from everything, in general) is this instructional text, found while trying to disable the alarm on my daughter's watch:

Press B tutton to return to normal time statues.

What is a tutton?  And, more importantly, what is a time statue?

Maybe Tutton is a geology reference. Perhaps the button is made of some kind of crystal? Statue is easy to decipher. They misspelled stasis--because cryogenics is a difficult field of study.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25492 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 10:20:40 »
:confused:  Good luck rowdy, looks like you're going to need it!

Clearly he's stumbled onto a teleportation device ..

204185-0

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25493 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 12:26:40 »
Time statues are depictions built from time crystals, obviously ...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25494 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 13:25:30 »
Moved wrong, pain added to boredom.  Had to take pills :(
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25495 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 13:36:03 »
I finally have the time to get working with new camera gear.  100% crap pictures due to me not understanding the complexity of the camera.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25496 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 14:20:58 »
I finally have the time to get working with new camera gear.  100% crap pictures due to me not understanding the complexity of the camera.

Digifiend: rising Amateur pr0nographer

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25497 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 14:22:31 »
Moved wrong, pain added to boredom.  Had to take pills :(

70% of heroin addicts had their addictions first develop from legally prescribed Opiod pain medications. !!

204190-0

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25498 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 16:18:18 »
I was offered pain relief in the hospital but turned it down, the subject never came up again - no prescription for me!  Just checked though and yes, it was an opiod.  Tastes crap and not convinced it helped so even if I had an addictive personality, which I don't, I don't see it being a problem.  Plus I'm in no state to break into houses to steal stuff to sell!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25499 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 16:27:22 »
I was offered pain relief in the hospital but turned it down, the subject never came up again - no prescription for me!  Just checked though and yes, it was an opiod.  Tastes crap and not convinced it helped so even if I had an addictive personality, which I don't, I don't see it being a problem.  Plus I'm in no state to break into houses to steal stuff to sell!

Never say never with opiods.. hahahaha.. it hijacks DESIRE at the most fundamental lvl..

Regardless of what you do , how you do it, where, when, why,   IF you're on Opiods,  you FEEL AWESOME..

The system then Writes a very Strong Operational procedure TO MEMORY..

You can't win, 90% relapse rate, 50% relapse even after 10 years sober.

The only way to beat this, is NOT EVEN ONCE..   it breaks the hedonic loop.. a critical function to humans.

Once the door opens.. Booom, Heroin.. !!