Author Topic: How many have you eaten so far ?  (Read 9782 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
How many have you eaten so far ?
« on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 11:03:47 »
Tp4 is on his 8th watermelon this summer.

221695-0

Offline JP

Re: How many have you eaten so far ?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 11:43:20 »
That looks like the start of a Stonehenge scale model.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 11:50:34 »
That looks like the start of a Stonehenge scale model.

Thought about it, 

The surface is really not rigid enough to retain the texture detail necessary, unless each block was extremely large.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 12:38:05 »
Don't see the point of watermelon at all. Just tastes like slightly gone off squash with pits in it. I'd rather just have normal squash xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 14:21:21 »
Don't see the point of watermelon at all. Just tastes like slightly gone off squash with pits in it. I'd rather just have normal squash xD .

Offline JP

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 14:36:11 »

Not sure what kind of watermelon you've been eating  :rolleyes:

Offline Sniping

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 14:37:36 »
yeah i've never really thought about squash when i eat watermelon either

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 14:44:49 »
Probably haven't had watermelon in years. It's never worth the effort and mess.

The taste is mild, nutrition minimal, you need to slice and prep a large mass and conserve most which will get 'spicy' in mere days, and when cut it makes a huge mess.

A pathetic and wasteful fruit, just like those damn bananas.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 14:47:50 »
As with many fruits, it can be exquisite but usually isn't.

Home-grown melons are often much better than store-bought, if you can manage to grow them without having them ruined by marauding natural critters.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Lanrefni

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 17:25:52 »
None,I do not like watermelon in any form.

Offline JP

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 17:51:52 »
None,I do not like watermelon in any form.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 18:10:55 »
watermelon haters not allowed in this thread

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 18:31:10 »

Remember ur #Tolerance training Sniping. !!

Offline JP

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 18:33:26 »

More melon for us!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 18:39:29 »
I like a good stone fruit or compound fruit. Peaches, nectarines, cherrys, and plums, raspberries, strawbs, pineapples, and pomegranates.

Raspberries are the best though. Best fruit.

Watermelon is not a good fruit. Just look at the state of the thing. Nearly no taste, unwieldy, messy. Not a good fruit at all, no sir.

I suppose pineapples and pomegranates are messy. But poms are a special occasion thing, generally just using the juice. And pineapples deliver much more bang in terms of taste than a watermelon. Like a crunchy wedge-shaped Vitamin Water, that's watermelon.

Watermelon has a good aesthetic though. A pleasing round pink and striped-green thing. Good looking fruit, that I'll give it.

Offline JP

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 18:52:10 »
I like a good stone fruit or compound fruit. Peaches, nectarines, cherrys, and plums, raspberries, strawbs, pineapples, and pomegranates.

Raspberries are the best though. Best fruit.

Watermelon is not a good fruit. Just look at the state of the thing. Nearly no taste, unwieldy, messy. Not a good fruit at all, no sir.

I suppose pineapples and pomegranates are messy. But poms are a special occasion thing, generally just using the juice. And pineapples deliver much more bang in terms of taste than a watermelon. Like a crunchy wedge-shaped Vitamin Water, that's watermelon.

Watermelon has a good aesthetic though. A pleasing round pink and striped-green thing. Good looking fruit, that I'll give it.

Raspberries are good but I'll choose strawberries that are perfectly ripe. The same with peaches. Those who have had excellent flavorful watermelon know the full potential.  The same goes for cantaloupes as well. I've had lot's of not so good melon usually stuff that's not ripe and lacks flavor but get a nice ripe one and it's a game changer.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 18:56:59 »
See that's the thing. I've had an incredible cantaloupe before. Even a few very notable honeydew in my day. But I've never had a watermelon that blew my wig back. Not once.

It's like tater tots vs fries. Tots are good, but to me they are all within a parameter. I've never had a REALLY amazing tot, but I have had fries that gave me pause for retrospection.

Perhaps I am just waiting for that one perfect, actually sweet watermelon to sweep me off my feet. I need to get on wetripemelons.com and hook up with a real slut.

Offline JP

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 19:32:21 »
See that's the thing. I've had an incredible cantaloupe before. Even a few very notable honeydew in my day. But I've never had a watermelon that blew my wig back. Not once.

It's like tater tots vs fries. Tots are good, but to me they are all within a parameter. I've never had a REALLY amazing tot, but I have had fries that gave me pause for retrospection.

Perhaps I am just waiting for that one perfect, actually sweet watermelon to sweep me off my feet. I need to get on wetripemelons.com and hook up with a real slut.

Apparently you've never had homemade tater tots. :p I know some people who swear they can pick the sweetest melon in the store. Look for a heavy watermelon with a splotch on its belly and a hollow sound which means it is brimming with juice and at the peak of its ripeness.

221723-0

221725-1

« Last Edit: Mon, 24 June 2019, 19:35:08 by JP »

Offline JP

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 19:44:21 »
Also ya gotta watch out for overripe melon.

221729-0

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 08:31:14 »
Sintpinty does not like watermelons. But i've well eaten over 10 brownies this year.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 15:45:22 »
I don't understand this notion that watermelons don't have flavor. The best watermelon is the kind that's very sweet and slightly frosty so that it's almost like biting into a snow cone in taste and texture. This experience is even better if you've just come inside from the hot outdoors and/or you've just finished exercising.

That said, I've had zero watermelons this summer simply because I haven't thought about them. Maybe I'll pick one up this week.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Lanrefni

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 19:31:54 »
Sintpinty does not like watermelons. But i've well eaten over 10 brownies this year.

Thank you for reminding me I have a couple boxes of brownie mix in the cupboard,I'm going to have to make some in a bit,thinking about topping them with cream cheese frosting.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 20:25:37 »
"Suttree" by Cormac McCarthy is a great book, better than "All the Pretty Horses" in my opinion.

https://biblioklept.org/2015/08/29/crimes-of-the-moonlight-melonmounter-cormac-mccarthys-suttree/
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline JP

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 21:28:53 »
"Suttree" by Cormac McCarthy is a great book, better than "All the Pretty Horses" in my opinion.

https://biblioklept.org/2015/08/29/crimes-of-the-moonlight-melonmounter-cormac-mccarthys-suttree/

Wrong thread?  :confused: I mean it might be a tasty read but hard to digest.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 22:16:32 »
We have this.  It really smells of watermelon, but doesn't really taste of anything much.

221810-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 22:40:27 »
We have this.  It really smells of watermelon, but doesn't really taste of anything much.

(Attachment Link)

I've had this. it smells more similar to watermelon candy more than real watermelon (which is more floral)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 01:02:27 »

(Attachment Link)

I've had this. it smells more similar to watermelon candy more than real watermelon (which is more floral)

It's probably dimethylheptanal.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Offline JP

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 07:53:29 »

Wrong thread?

Correct thread, perverse sense of humor.

:)) I didn't click the link and didn't notice 'melon' earlier in the link. I guess some folks really love their melons. I'll have to find a virgin one the next time I go shopping.

Edit: Also Fohat have you read the whole novel?
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 June 2019, 08:00:16 by JP »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 08:20:10 »

Also Fohat have you read the whole novel?

Yes, I consider it to be McCarthy's masterpiece, but I lived in Knoxville for years.
If you were not familiar with the city, and/or with the culture of Tennessee in the 1950s-1960s, it might not be as moving.

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 07:26:29 »
This is what you do with a watermelon before eating it:
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline JP

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 10:01:24 »
Show Image

Noooo... :'( the alcohol breaks down the fruit until you have an ungodly slurry of fruit and booze.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 10:06:08 »
Show Image

I prefer materwelons instead

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 17:17:07 »
Show Image

that mixture looks absolutely foul. stick to one type of booze for this sort of thing.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 17:27:49 »
Personally, I loathe attempts to introduce alcohol into mundane culinary locales.

Eat your food and enjoy it, and drink your alcohol straight up. That picture looks like a technique to ruin a good watermelon and get drunk afterwards.

PS - if you were serious about drinking, as opposed to getting drunk, you wouldn't use vodka anyway

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 17:51:22 »
Lol.
Was wondering what sort of responses this would get.  :D ;D
I have never done this myself and likewise would prefer a nicely ripened, sweet fruit without ‘infusions’.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 17:56:32 »
anyone ever had yellow watermelon? its lit  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 20:35:20 »

(Attachment Link)

It's probably dimethylheptanal.

anyone?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 09:18:39 »
Definitely an off-topic subject here.

Surprising that of all the food categories, fruits would cause such arguments. I can see how everyone has his own opinion on which is best, but aren't they the least controversial form of foodstuff?
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 June 2019, 10:07:24 by fohat.digs »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 09:56:21 »

Surprising that of all the food categories, fruits would cause such arguments. I can see how everyone has his own opinion on which is best, but aren't they the least controversial for of foodstuff?
I think if the discussion was about apples or something it wouldn't have as many arguments  in it :p .

Besides, I'm all ready for a rabbit food veggie topic if you want ;p .
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 June 2019, 15:57:30 by chyros »

Offline JP

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 11:23:21 »

Surprising that of all the food categories, fruits would cause such arguments. I can see how everyone has his own opinion on which is best, but aren't they the least controversial for of foodstuff?
I think if the discussion was about apples or something it wouldn't have as many arguments  in it :p .

Besides, I'm all ready for a rabbit food[/i] veggie topic if you want ;p .

Apples! So many different varieties so I could see this ending with disastrous results. Not to mention various ways to slice apples, peeled vs. unpeeled, apples with peanut butter, caramel apples, etc. Let's not forget apple pie which then segues into a thread about pie. I think you did this on purpose to divide this community. The big apple conspiracy I say! Takes one bad apple to spoil the lot. ;D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 11:34:08 »

Besides, I'm all ready for a rabbit food[/i] veggie topic if you want ;p .

Apples! So many different varieties so I could see this ending with disastrous results. Not to mention various ways to slice apples, peeled vs. unpeeled, apples with peanut butter, caramel apples, etc. Let's not forget apple pie which then segues into a thread about pie. I think you did this on purpose to divide this community. The big apple conspiracy I say! Takes one bad apple to spoil the lot. ;D

/Tp4 Conspiracy mode activated !!

Offline duckboi

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 12:00:17 »
While melons certainly have their merits, the fruit is no match for the all powerful MANGO

The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 13:25:07 »
While melons certainly have their merits, the fruit is no match for the all powerful MANGO

Offline JP

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 13:48:13 »
I'm not gonna dis the power of mango but usually they are just meh but I suspect there is a lot of variability but they don't exactly grow where I'm from. Unripe mango is no bueno but ripe ones are good. I dunno, the first fruit I go after next time I go shopping is straight to the melons.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 13:58:59 »

the first fruit I go after next time I go shopping

Summertime is the time for fruit. Right now we are in that brief window where great fruit is available and cheap.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 14:44:47 »
I'm not gonna dis the power of mango but usually they are just meh but I suspect there is a lot of variability but they don't exactly grow where I'm from. Unripe mango is no bueno but ripe ones are good. I dunno, the first fruit I go after next time I go shopping is straight to the melons.

Melon iz KING.

Next is either Mango,  or Papaya..

Then things like Lychee/ Asian Peach/ Pineapple

Special Case for "Durian" which would be superior to Melon if you're from a Durian culture.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 17:23:38 »
durian is not superior to anything except your skull when it falls from a tree