Author Topic: [CLOSED] 2 different GH60s giveaway, Orangesicle clack (mx).  (Read 33615 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: 2 different GH60s and a separate clack and a brobot giveaway.
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 17:02:46 »
de-lurking for this giveaway!
Items I want to win: cherry mx blue GH60 in a clear acrylic case w/ oransicle & nostalgia set.
I'm currently typing on a dell rubberdome, and is contemplating purchasing a mechanical keyboard. However, I wish to own a custom keyboard, and not a mass produced one from a factory in China. A custom built keyboard is infinitely better than a factory keyboard due to its programmable features, tailored key layouts, community support, customizable accessories, and of course, in this case, being FREE (putting a great emphasis on free due to university student financials). I've chosen mx blues due to it being one of the more popular switches, as well as the CLICK everyone associates with blues. This way it would be possible to upgrade the blues to the much raved ghetto green switches in the future with an accompanying beast switch tool and black springs. The nostalgia set would be perfect for a gh60 due to it being the first(?) 60% featured set group buy here, as well as a way of receiving bunny's generosity. The orangsicle would be the CHERRY on top, as it complements the keycap set well and fills the void of novelty and fanciness of the esc position.

Edit: I forgot to mention why I choose not to purchase a custom keyboard from the classifieds.
Aside from student tution and such, I also have quite a severe case of ocd. Most keyboards in the classifieds are used and therefore having conflicting issues with my cleaning disorder. I wouldn't be able to enjoy a preowned keyboard, although they are quite nice (looking at you korean customs). A newly built keyboard would solve this issue and allow me to enjoy the clicky-ness of mechanical switches.

Welcome to Geekhack!

On another note, I am withdrawing what might be considered my entry.

I have too many keyboards as it is, and two more on the way.

I have one 60% (HHKB) and use it on Mac, so I am unlikely to switch to a similar layout MX keyboard on the Mac.  And I miss the arrow keys too much under Windows.

Also I was going to buy a GH Nostalgia set in Bunny's GB, and then look to get a 60% board to put it on, but really can't afford it this month or next, or probably even January, so I have one less reason to enter for a keyboard I am not overly likely to use.

GL to everyone who is entering!

And thank you again to Glissant and Bunny for their generosity to the community :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xandr

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 17:11:07 »
Well, I certainly wouldn't mind a GH60 with clears… Maybe even in ANSI so I may be converted away from my ISO ways and to your heathen ANSI lifestyle. :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 November 2013, 11:56:06 by xandr »
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 18:56:26 »
Quote from: Lamar Davis
When there is some **** to be won god damn it I want it I don't give a **** what it is! You know I'm talkin' about?! I TAKE NO PRISONERS! I go hard doin' this ****! Big dog, big nuts. When names is on the mother****ing board I wanna see my name at the top of that mother****er next to it it needs to say: WINNER

This is a really great lot of items.

GH60 with whites and no case would be a great start to customizing but I already have a 60%.
Orangesicle would just be beautiful but I already have a clack.
Brobot would be really damn cool. That I do not have and am quite interested in.

Whether I am granted one of the things here or buy it elsewhere, I just know I need all of it. I need it.

Post count low, wallet abuse high.

This is a really great thing and the generosity I've seen about on GH is rather inspiring.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline csmith1991

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 19:03:37 »
Thanks again to Bunny for being an amazingly generous person. This community would be unbearable without people like him, tjcaustin, jdacarpe, Bro Caps, CPTBadAss, Halverson, Mkawa, whitefiredragon, and I am sure many more but those are the ones I can be bothered to type right now.

That being said; I am not at all convinced by most of these posts. I was really hoping people would step up and not be lazy, but most of you have just not even thought about what it means to get hundreds of dollars of stuff for free. It's not all about NEED in this world we live in. So even if you don't need what is being given away you could always enter with what you think would be a good entry. Maybe you'll give it away as a holiday gift to somebody? You never know.

Step up your game or I'll be forced to give it all to demilk.

Edit: Halverson, not sure if you're mad that I'm giving it away or not, but I want to say that your gift will forever be in my heart. I just can't stand clacks anymore, so I am giving it away to someone that will hopefully enjoy using it a lot more. Let me know if you feel some sort of way about it, and I'll for sure keep it.

Sure, I'll step-up my game. My apologies, I didn't realize we were graded on our grovelling ability. For reference, previous post was:

I'd like a GH60 with MX reds. I'm new here, so I missed the opportunity to buy one in the GB. Came here looking for more info on the HHKB as I'm a broke college student. Decided waiting for the GH60 would be worth it.

Hoping for the best.

I still want the GH60 with MX reds. The case, unnecessary, but would be nice. I'd probably want to help out some other GB with the increased budget I'd have.

Now for the grovelling:

So, as I mentioned before, I at some point decided I was looking for an HHKB. The thing stopping me was the price. Scoured the internet for reviews... and pretty much everyone loved it. That said, I still was trying to convince myself. After all it was a $300 keyboard. So this completely absorbed a week or so of my time. Ultimately I decided I couldn't afford it.

Along the way towards my endeavors though I ended up finding reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards. About a week or so later I saw these pictures: http://imgur.com/a/C79sk. Damn... thought I was done with this.

Intro GeekHack. I went about looking for more convincing to buy it. I found it, but then I found a cheaper, more preferable option. The GH60. It literally avoids all the compromises I'd be making with the HHKB. Up to this point I had no idea what a group buy was, so learning what I could about what was going on it turned up that I missed it. I saw indications of more on the way though, perhaps, someone would order their own and start selling them. So I've been here since. It's almost been kinda detrimental seriously. The need to know what's going on. Checking several times a day. All this to find out one thing. When the hell can I get one? Not to be mean to WFD or anyone else involved... I just want to know when and how much :P

Getting one guaranteed to be sent to this would answer that question in the best possible way.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 19:10:45 »
You're being rated on how convincing of an entry you have. It says exactly what to do in the first post, it's then up to you to think what might convince me.
To be honest I thought at least some people might want to put some effort into winning hundreds of dollars worth of stuff.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2013, 19:13:37 by Glissant »

Offline affect656

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 19:12:53 »
I have 3 on the way. Odd numbers suck.
I like linear.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 19:21:11 »
You're being rated on how convincing of an entry you have. It says exactly what to do in the first post, it's then up to you to think what might convince me.
To be honest I thought at least some people might want to put some effort into winning hundreds of dollars worth of stuff.

I tried.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:15:48 »
I am interested to win the GH60 and the clack. What I will do is that I will sell the GH60 to a (lucky?) person in my country at the highest possible price and donate 100% of the money back to GH for the running of the site. I do hope to get the clack though as I have never owned one and if I do, I will also donate some of my own money for the clack to GH together with the sale of the GH60.

I tried too and my intention is to flow the money back into running GH website, unless GH does not need this funding. The reason I do this is because when I read Glissant generous offer, I was humbled by his generosity and the first thing I thought about is how could I give back? I may be new here but I find that I was able to contribute a lot more in GH compared to other forums. Something in this community flows well with me. So, what better way than to win the GH60, change it back into $ and pump it back into GH website to ensure it's longevity.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:16:47 »
y'all MFers need reasons. need to stop acting like it's a damn chore to take something for free.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:17:43 »
I am interested to win the GH60 and the clack. What I will do is that I will sell the GH60 to a (lucky?) person in my country at the highest possible price and donate 100% of the money back to GH for the running of the site. I do hope to get the clack though as I have never owned one and if I do, I will also donate some of my own money for the clack to GH together with the sale of the GH60.

I tried too and my intention is to flow the money back into running GH website, unless GH does not need this funding. The reason I do this is because when I read Glissant generous offer, I was humbled by his generosity and the first thing I thought about is how could I give back? I may be new here but I find that I was able to contribute a lot more in GH compared to other forums. Something in this community flows well with me. So, what better way than to win the GH60, change it back into $ and pump it back into GH website to ensure it's longevity.

You're new? I've seen you before I joined

Offline Belfong

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:19:23 »
I joined GH in September when I started venturing into the worlds of mechanical. If you joined after that, you might think I am old here :P

Edit: just viewed your profile. You joined in Sept too.. so yeah, we are both new. I don't know about you but to me, if you have not spent a year in a forum, you are still new .. ha ha ha ..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:20:17 »
y'all MFers need reasons. need to stop acting like it's a damn chore to take something for free.

You make it look so easy, show us the kind of way!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:21:19 »

yeah im sorry but i dont believe that **** one bit.

he could have done the same if his intent was to give back to gh servers. but he wants people to enjoy the keyboard/caps

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:23:18 »
I joined GH in September when I started venturing into the worlds of mechanical. If you joined after that, you might think I am old here :P

Edit: just viewed your profile. You joined in Sept too.. so yeah, we are both new. I don't know about you but to me, if you have not spent a year in a forum, you are still new .. ha ha ha ..

I remember you because when I posed about the codes getting back in stock, you bought one

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:23:25 »
I'm watching warehouse 13 right now, and orangesicle me this... Why is the character Myka-- played by  Joanne Kelly have such a nasty upper lip?  DAFUQ?!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Belfong

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:24:25 »

yeah im sorry but i dont believe that **** one bit.

he could have done the same if his intent was to give back to gh servers. but he wants people to enjoy the keyboard/caps

Sure if you don't believe. That's alright with me. Good deeds are never known anyway.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:25:38 »

I remember you because when I posed about the codes getting back in stock, you bought one

Yes, that's right. I bought the Code in Oct when it was available due to cancellation from the early pre-orders.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:55:52 »

Its not for a lack of interested that my posts are not very convincing.  I am not the creative type when it comes this sort of thing. 

Here are some more reasons why I would love this keyboard and I think I would make a great 'forever home' for it.  ( Yes, I adopt rescue dogs.  :P
More
44096-0
)
- I want to get more involved with the development side of this community.  I was able to give $40 towards a good cause with bunny's raffle, but I want to be able to get involved more.  I really appreciate all the knowledge here and I want to be able to contribute better.  I think this board would be a great way for me to get more involved. 
- I have a case idea that I really want to try.  I think it needs to be done on a smaller board (to start anyway), so I think this would be a great fit.  Basically, I have silicon pads which we use in another application to distribute pressure. 
More
44098-1
  I want to attempt to bolt a PCB directly to an aluminum plate, with these between the two.  I think a GH60 would be a prefect board to try this case idea with.
- I want a board to be able to experiment with LEDs on.  I want to better understand the circuitry involved in regards to the resistor calculations, diodes, etc...  I am a very hands on person, so I need a project like this to really get my hands dirty and learn.
- I want to be able to experiment with different switches and springs.  If I use my case idea I will be able to easily switch out switches and springs and such.  I really want to try the trampoline mod as well, but I can't easily remove the switch tops on my Filco.
- I think I have some good ideas (and hopefully some new/unique ideas) for fitting full sized keyboard functionality into smaller boards.  I have put some thought into a 40% Fn layer
More
44100-2
(not sure its all possible yet), but I really want to get a numpad built into a small board.  I think a GH60 would be a great board for me to start working on this.
- I love all the work that metalliqaz has been doing with his keymap software and I would love to be able to help test and contribute to that.
- I have a RasPi which is dying for a project.  I really want to try to build an integrated system with the RasPi built into a basic keyboard case and be directly wired in.  I think the GH60 would be a great fit for this concept.
- I recently purchased a HAKKO FX-888D which is just itching for a keyboard project.  I can hear it pleading as we speak...
- I have purchased keycaps that do not yet have a home.  We can't stand for homeless keycap.  We must find them a home...  :)

As for the clack.  I can't afford to even consider clacks given all of the projects I need to try to put parts together for.  If I am ever going to own one, it would have to be a gift, so I might as well be in the running.  :)

I love this community.  I am relatively new here, but I have been blown away with how kind and generous everyone is.  This thread is another fine example of the culture you all have shaped here and the pillars in the community who make it all possible. 

Edit:
It appears that the goal to "persuade" Glissant with why we should win has been removed from the OP.  The rules may have change, but I am still going to edit this post to give more reasons why I should win.  :)

I am designing a new case and I feel that the GH60 would be the perfect board to test my design. 

Basic description of my case (images attached):
- 3/32" Aluminium bottom plate
- 3/32" (TBD) Silicon pad
- PCB + optional plate
- Large rubber stick-on feet on the back
- Small rubber stick-on feet on the front
- Bolts to hold the three layers together.
- Depending on the PCB, there will be cutouts in the silicon pad for the USB connector and the controller if necessary.

Motivations for my design:
- I want the solid feel of plate mounted switches, but without having to use a plate (could if you want to).  By having the PCB bolted to the back plate via the silicon pad, I should be able to get a very solid feeling PCB.
- I wanted to get some of the benefits of PCB mounted switches.  Easy access to open switches.  I want a little bit of the feedback of the PCB when you use PCB mounted switches.
- By using the silicon, I hope to achieve lots of the benefits of the Trampoline Mod.  Basically, it will be quieter than most cases and should have a little bit of a bounce/spring/feedback on bottom out.
- I want a super simple and rugged design that can be easily adapted to different PCB layouts.
- I want a very low cost case that is very accessible for prototyping.  The total for this case should be in the ballpark of around $30.
- I want a relatively low profile, but with the ability to increase it by adding larger feet.  Gotta have a low profile for my new SA caps that are coming.  :)

With a GH60 I will be able to perfect the design for this PCB as well as get me a lot closer to supporting all the Poker layouts.  I feel this type of case will be perfect for smaller boards, so if I can get prototyping on a GH60, I will be able to cover more ground towards making this case available for others.

Thats my pitch... Here are some very basic renderings.  I did this all tonight, so they are still very rough and none of the dimension are final.  I used the GH60 layout for the initial design, but I know I will need to make modifications to some stuff.
46856-3
46858-4
46860-5
46862-6

And a shot of the silicon pad.  This is what I currently have, but I have a supplier for this already because we use this at www.kiteaid.com to distribute iron pressure.

« Last Edit: Wed, 04 December 2013, 22:13:05 by swill »

Offline thegagne

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 21:19:24 »
If I had a clack I would sell it for more than it's worth. I mean... I would love it and cherish it for all time! Yeah, that's it!  :thumb:

But for real if I had a GH60 I would give it to my loving wife who is making me soup while I am sick in bed.  :-*

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 21:22:32 »
I have never used a 60% before.  Since joining GH I have seen so many of them that it has gotten me interested. I also really want a board with a plate that allows me to try out different switch customizations. I do not own any soldering equipment and have never soldered anything before. So even if I did have the money to get one in a group buy I wouldn't be able to put it together.
Lastly, if I did happen to win and by some chance found that a 60% board isn't my cup of tea. I will either give it back, or give to the person of the OP's choice.

As for the orangesicle Clack. I only have the one that I won from EK. It is so hard to find them for a reasonable price that If I was lucky enough to get it I would never sell or trade it period.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 21:33:59 »
There was mention of a Brobot in the title?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 06:48:58 »
Please sir, can I have a GH60? I don't need a case or tray or anything like that, sir, no sir. I promise to feed it and train it and take very good care of it.

All I have at the moment are some neglected rubber domes I picked up from the shelter that would have been put down otherwise and this poor thing:

44152-0

It's only got 48 keys and it's not even in one piece! I'm breaking down as I say this, but there's no PCB... NO PCB! Gah! Have mercy!
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline djmattm

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 08:24:19 »
yeah i tried too, the bare truth is the clack is fuc***g awesome and i want one, and probably it would be the first in Italy! If you want i can send you a bottle of wine, or some pasta ;D
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Stealth Edition

Offline Glissant

Re: 2 different GH60s and a separate clack giveaway.
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 10:00:09 »
There was mention of a Brobot in the title?

Has been removed for now.

Offline osi

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 10:14:29 »
Would love to have a clack :D :D

Offline Glissant

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 10:21:35 »
Excellent entry, osi. Clack has been removed from the give away. You guys figure out why.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: 2 different GH60s giveaway.
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 10:22:35 »
Excellent entry, osi. Clack has been removed from the give away. You guys figure out why.

:(
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 10:24:36 »

:(

Cause glissant has decided to send it to me AHAHAHAHA :p :p :p

Offline osi

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 10:51:36 »
No worries! Was worth a shot :o

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 14:48:19 »
That wasn't even a shot. That was a game losing air ball.

Orangesicle whaaa!? OK, shiz just got real, so I'll try to once again prove my passion for orange.

It is the proud school color of my dad's alma mater, Oregon State, it's also where I graduated as well... so orange has flowed through my veins since I was born. There are probably other members who may like the color orange, but I dare you to find another loves the color more than me.

Exhibit A: despite being lactose intolerant, I still buy stupid stuff like this ice-cream, because it's orange and has a beaver on it.
More
Show Image

Exhibit B: we show up to tailgating on these orange and black wheels.
More
Show Image

Exhibit C: I keep my partner's stuffed animal sheep warm with orange beaver mittens every game day as a lucky charm.
More
Show Image

(there are more pictures of this stupid thing than I'd care to admit)

I gaurantee that Orangesicle will have a loving home alongside Hackorange on a very orange keyboard. Cheers
More
Show Image

I love reading about your love for orange.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 November 2013, 14:53:39 by demik »

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 14:59:14 »
I tried.(The second time) Like I said this isn't for me. I can't really afford anything now that I paid for a computer for my older brother and I am trying to pay some bills. These high school budgets suck. Saw this post and didn't really think about his own board until I saw the box laying in my room. His computer arrived with no keyboard so I am venturing out for a board and paying bills, and going to school lol.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 17:51:02 »
That wasn't even a shot. That was a game losing air ball.

Orangesicle whaaa!? OK, shiz just got real, so I'll try to once again prove my passion for orange.

It is the proud school color of my dad's alma mater, Oregon State, it's also where I graduated as well... so orange has flowed through my veins since I was born. There are probably other members who may like the color orange, but I dare you to find another loves the color more than me.

Exhibit A: despite being lactose intolerant, I still buy stupid stuff like this ice-cream, because it's orange and has a beaver on it.
More
Show Image

Exhibit B: we show up to tailgating on these orange and black wheels.
More
Show Image

Exhibit C: I keep my partner's stuffed animal sheep warm with orange beaver mittens every game day as a lucky charm.
More
Show Image

(there are more pictures of this stupid thing than I'd care to admit)

I gaurantee that Orangesicle will have a loving home alongside Hackorange on a very orange keyboard. Cheers
More
Show Image

I love reading about your love for orange.

Shame its no longer relevant :/
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline moogle

_
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 18:08:09 »
_
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 August 2017, 05:32:50 by moogle »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 18:08:26 »

<---
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline cruk

• :> keys
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 18:33:11 »
Just so happened to bump into this thread while spying and I can't believe my luck. I've missed out on the GH60 GB as I was a bit late to the game, but you're giving me another chance to have a go at it!

Coming from a faraway place,  it's near to impossible to get non-mainstream-branded mech keyboards let alone 60% keyboards (I dont think anyone has even heard of one here, and I've never seen one until joining GH). Online shopping proves to be a challenge as well, with EK not shipping their HHKBs to my country. I've been wanting a 60% board as after going to 87%, I realise I seldom use the 13 keys on the right, so more opportunity for me to minimise my desk space. The programmable board is another plus, as I can now program some keys to be del and pgup/dn buttons. With the GH60 being a community design and driven project, it will be a nice to own a piece of GH history as I dont see myself leaving the community any time soon.

I will definitely appreciate and fully utilise the GH60 with the white switches (love clickly sounds but blue is bit too loud for the office), and one in a case will be fitting since sourcing a case though not impossible would prove to be difficult. I can't wait to be able to use it with the GH60% keycaps from bunny and surf GH in the office with ninja skills.

« Last Edit: Sat, 16 November 2013, 02:29:05 by cruk »

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 19:15:46 »
Ah darn, the clack was removed. I really don't think I want a GH60 so good luck to everyone else :D
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 19:18:18 »
Gliss bro didn't like my story :( Tym, give me a GH60!

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 19:29:17 »

Okay this will be me trying to convince you but most importantly opening others into my life a little bit more:

In my families life we try to give what we can to others instead of taking all for ourselves it is a way we try to live by and hope to continue to this lifestyle and pass it on to our current child and to our future children.

My wife and I have been together since we were both 12 years old went to middle school together and meet out on the soccer field. We got married freshman year of College.
We were 19 years old. We knew getting married at such a young age would make things harder for us in the earlier years of our lives. In my last year of College and my wife's first year of Pharmacy school my wife had this urge to have a child.
If she had to wait 4 years until having a child she would have fallen into a depression I can almost guarantee that. So we again made a well informed decision and knew what to except by having a child at 21 years old.
I was just graduating when my daughter was born and my wife took of from Pharmacy school to stay at home with my daughter for at least an entire year. We both felt what was best for our daughter was to be raised by her parents as much as possible in the first year of her life.

This decision made our financial stability not the best. I did get a job after graduating but paying for student loans for two on one entry level employment was not the most luxurious thing.

The reason we decided to have a tougher life in our early years was so that we can have the most time with our family and our children's family as long as possible. What this meant for us was while everyone else was out partying, having the newest phones, computers, living quarters, etc.
We made by with what was affordable and would get us by. I got very good at fixing things with no tools or repairing things as much as I could. This lifestyle continues to this day as we save our money so we can provide our children a life where they can experience a family oriented lifestyle.
We are very much in belief with the idea that family comes first.

After the birth of our beautiful daughter Chayse Haven we had a long conversation about what we would do for our next child after my wife graduates from Pharmacy school. We are still not 100% certain on which way we will go but we are 100% certain on either adopting a newborn,
or participating in a foster program to provide a child in need a new life and hopefully more love than they can handle. Now this is not going to happen for at least 4 years and we know that, but we cannot wait!

In the meantime we had conversations about helping others who might be blessed enough to have a child on their own. We decided to look into surrogacy programs. My wife and I felt strongly about the gift of a child and what it means to a family.
I will not go into much detail here as to not bore anyone. If anyone would like to know more about our surrogacy journey feel free to PM me. We are very open about it.

About a year ago we were matched with a couple from New York. Everything went great and they now have a beautiful daughter as well named Julia. We have a wonderful relationship with the family and on occasion talk and of course through social media we get to see their little bundle of joy!
Again I will not go into all the detail but I will say it was an exciting and wonderful journey we went through, yes even me who really had not much to do with the whole ordeal except to me supportive and make sure my wife was happy and healthy through it all.

The last thing I will tell you is about my sister-in-law, She is 17 years old and is pregnant.

First off this frustrated me the most I feel out of everyone in our family. I mean I was pissed at first. How could she let this happen! That was my first reaction and looking back on it was the most awful reaction I could have had.
After discussing everything with my wife we decided it would be best if we offered for her to stay and live with us. We felt this was the best option for her so she would be able to graduate high school and go get a 2 year degree somewhere.
Ultimately she decided that staying with her mother, my mother-in-law is what she felt most comfortable with. I still wish she decided to stay with my wife and I. I feel that was the best option for her, but I hope she proves me wrong.

So that brings my story to today, We are in the process of started our second surrogacy journey with the same couple as the first. We hope we can deliver, pun intended, another healthy beautiful baby brother or sister for Julia.

The last thing I will tell you about is our future plans for giving back. After my wife becomes a Pharmacist we will be doing fine financially and we want to give back to others with some of that money. What we do not want to do is just donate money to a charity.
What we are discussing is taking a certain percentage of our income, not sure on the value yet, and putting that away every year then near the end of the year we will take that money and help someone in need.
The idea is we can personally know this persons story/situation and then help anonymously. We want to give the ability for someone else to believe in the kindness of others and hopefully if they are ever able to help others out as well. Even if it is just a place to stay for a night or two.

I plan to be part of this community for years to come and hopefully here in a few years I can start really giving back and make a difference in the keyboard community as my family and I try to in our everyday lives.

I wanted to write this out to let those of you who I feel closer to know a little bit more about me and my family than you would just pick up from the forum conversations we have.

If I do get picked I would love to have a GH60 of any kind but of course a GH60 with browns, since I have blues and greens already would be nice. As well as a case.

Again if anyone would like to know more feel free to PM me. Thank you for listening.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 November 2013, 19:42:19 by ITzNybble »
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 23:54:55 »

Orangesicleeeeeeee  :(  :(  :(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #139 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 00:08:30 »

Again if anyone would like to know more feel free to PM me. Thank you for listening.

Will read again when I'm not half asleep/medicated, but thanks for sharing.

Offline Kouni

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 06:12:53 »

I know that my low post count makes me a lesser member, that's how things work, but I still wanted to point something out.

I'm having mixed feelings about all this situation. I don't know where I'm going with this but let me try and analyze it.
So basically this is a giveaway but contestants have to deserve the prize. After all, why not, that can be fun. Most entries are about what makes GH a cool place and how your doing this makes it even cooler. Others tell a story and it's nice, it helps build a community spirit.

Then, when some posts are not up to your standards (since entries are rated on how convincing you think they are), you decide to retract an item. Didn't you think advertising for a free CC would attract at least a few useless "gimme" entries? As Demik pointed it out, these are "game losing air balls", they are bound to happen, this is the internets, not a book club. Just don't pay attention to them and carry on. Retracting the clack basically feels like you're saying "none of you are worth it". So what about people who spilled their guts here trying to show a part of themselves that maybe they weren't too comfortable sharing with total strangers on the Web? Not worthy? You decide.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #141 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 06:24:23 »

Don't think Gliss like my entry either :3

You outta luck son!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 07:08:49 »

I know that my low post count makes me a lesser member, that's how things work, but I still wanted to point something out.

I'm having mixed feelings about all this situation. I don't know where I'm going with this but let me try and analyze it.
So basically this is a giveaway but contestants have to deserve the prize. After all, why not, that can be fun. Most entries are about what makes GH a cool place and how your doing this makes it even cooler. Others tell a story and it's nice, it helps build a community spirit.

Then, when some posts are not up to your standards (since entries are rated on how convincing you think they are), you decide to retract an item. Didn't you think advertising for a free CC would attract at least a few useless "gimme" entries? As Demik pointed it out, these are "game losing air balls", they are bound to happen, this is the internets, not a book club. Just don't pay attention to them and carry on. Retracting the clack basically feels like you're saying "none of you are worth it". So what about people who spilled their guts here trying to show a part of themselves that maybe they weren't too comfortable sharing with total strangers on the Web? Not worthy? You decide.

Honestly I'm pretty inclined to agree with you here. Offering something in a giveaway and then retracting the item because a few people make no effort is a slap in the face to anyone who DID make the effort. Obviously I can't tell someone what to do with their property but it struck me as a bit of an unfair move.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #143 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 07:58:54 »

Will read again when I'm not half asleep/medicated, but thanks for sharing.

I understand...Just got out of surgery for appendicitis :P feel better SpamRay
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 08:28:59 »

Don't think Gliss like my entry either :3

You outta luck son!

Damn it Tym :<

Offline Glissant

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 09:11:56 »
I was getting my jimmies rustled by your post Kouni, and I started to defend myself, but then I realized that I was being stupid.

I have yet to be persuaded, and if this makes me look like a bad person to you, so be it.

If you didn't make an effort you aren't going to win in this giveaway. If you made an effort you have nothing to worry about, you will be in the drawing if there are more than one person eligible.

Are you crying because something was removed? Well dry those tears, little one. You can still win everything that was originally in the first post. Unfortunately you'll have to make an effort.

I will say this though; the clack was given to me as a gift by Halverson. It was one of the many amazing things I experienced here on geekhack, so I want the recipient to be worthy of the clack.
I don't see an entry worthy in this thread.

Now THAT's slap to the face :). (talking about entries that want the clack. There were some entries that were slightly interesting, but nothing special)
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 November 2013, 09:13:35 by Glissant »

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 09:13:09 »
I want a GH60 because Glissant slapped me in the face.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 09:42:01 »
I also want to make it clear that I do have some entries that I like for the gh60s.

Offline Kouni

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 10:31:39 »
I have yet to be persuaded, and if this makes me look like a bad person to you, so be it.
Just clarify something too, I have nothing against you or the principle of this giveaway Glissant. Nor am I butthurt in any way. Simply, the fact that the rules of the game may change when it's already started makes me feel like the game is rigged.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #149 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 12:16:47 »
Just clarify something too, I have nothing against you or the principle of this giveaway Glissant. Nor am I butthurt in any way. Simply, the fact that the rules of the game may change when it's already started makes me feel like the game is rigged.

He is giving stuff away.  He gets to make the rules / change the rules as he sees fit.  He was asking people to convince him so if nothing was convincing enough I think he is totally within his right given his original rules to pull items from the giveway.  Think of it like a reserve in an auction.  You don't meet the reserver, the item does not get auctioned... 

Don't give the guy a hard time about being generous.  When you want to give away hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, you can make whatever rules you want to do it...