Author Topic: GMK white/dark grey US/GB full set + 'Gamer' add-on {Closed}  (Read 245956 times)

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
Re: GMK white/dark grey US/GB full set + 'Gamer' add-on (Order deadline 15 Mar.)
« Reply #850 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 09:38:54 »
GMK can do Shift 2x ? I am using g80-11800 so i need it. If you can, you 'll do keyset for G80-11800? Why am I request that? Because I suppose that is special keyboard :) And maybe more people is using & looking keycaps double shot for it
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 February 2014, 09:43:09 by quochung1989 »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: GMK white/dark grey US/GB full set + 'Gamer' add-on (Order deadline 15 Mar.)
« Reply #851 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 09:44:21 »
I think they have 2x shift... but I am not adding anything more on this buy. Maybe next time it can be included if enough people want it.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #852 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 09:49:55 »
I think they have 2x shift... but I am not adding anything more on this buy. Maybe next time it can be included if enough people want it.

Yeah i see. I hope you can run keyset or mini pack which there is shift 2x keycap in future

Offline avtar

« Reply #853 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 09:52:34 »
Oh... I missed the part about 6unit. GMK told me they don't have that, Cherry kept it.

Maybe it's a bit premature of me but I'm planning for this http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54942.0 on my Topre boards and seeing how I could make it work with existing group buys.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #854 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 14:39:12 »
Come on people! Order! Might have to change my order to have 2 of these but no pbt if this doesn't move closer to moq...
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #855 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 19:38:14 »
Come on people! Order! Might have to change my order to have 2 of these but no pbt if this doesn't move closer to moq...

Yeah. And anyone who can order 2 set, please order to hit MOQ ha ha... I 'm in that :D

Offline redeye

« Reply #856 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 20:13:47 »
ordered, thanks

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #857 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 20:50:16 »
A ton of love still needed for this to get its way through. Come on guys.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #858 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 22:51:48 »
A ton of love still needed for this to get its way through. Come on guys.

I'm not getting my hopes up.  Too many people going crazy over dolch for some reason right now..

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #859 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 23:15:49 »
Yeah, I have seen that also. I just don't get it though.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #860 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 23:31:26 »
Dolch sets will always cause a ruckus when a GB comes up, they're one of if not the most popular Cherry sets. It's just a shame that they launched their set just as we got GMK's MOQ down to 250, I have a feeling we lost a lot of orders to their GB.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline ebacho

« Reply #861 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 00:18:02 »
Dolch sets will always cause a ruckus when a GB comes up, they're one of if not the most popular Cherry sets. It's just a shame that they launched their set just as we got GMK's MOQ down to 250, I have a feeling we lost a lot of orders to their GB.

Pretty much this.  I have a couple OG Dolch sets that I'm perfectly happy with, thanks to my abundance of keyboards with 1.75x shifts.  I really want something different and I'm kinda sad that this isn't more popular than it is.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #862 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 06:54:15 »
I don' think people realize the potential of this set for mixing and matching in the future.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #863 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 06:55:21 »
I don' think people realize the potential of this set for mixing and matching in the future.

QFT

This set is like Guile's theme from Street Fighter - it goes with everything!

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #864 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 07:07:58 »
+1
I think that all people participate this group buy is realize that :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #865 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 07:12:59 »
+1

Perhaps I should have said all the people who are choosing NOT to participate :D

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #866 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 07:27:36 »
+1

Perhaps I should have said all the people who are choosing NOT to participate :D

Why are they choose? to sale? or other?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #867 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 07:30:06 »
+1

I meant I should have said,

I don' think the people who are not participating in this group buy realize the potential of this set for mixing and matching in the future.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #868 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 07:35:03 »
+1

I meant I should have said,

I don' think the people who are not participating in this group buy realize the potential of this set for mixing and matching in the future.

Oh sorry. I read very quick :(((

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #869 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 07:35:14 »
Indeed there is such huge potential on a set this neutral. It will work well with any white on X color or any X color on N9 anything that exists (like Skidata) or that could be done in the future.
If it can get to production both I think it would be fun to mix match it with my Skidata set... orange, blue and white legends :))

Offline jufa

« Reply #870 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 15:51:14 »
agree

anything as long it's GMK  :))

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #871 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 18:30:04 »
Indeed there is such huge potential on a set this neutral. It will work well with any white on X color or any X color on N9 anything that exists (like Skidata) or that could be done in the future.
If it can get to production both I think it would be fun to mix match it with my Skidata set... orange, blue and white legends :))

Yes, that is the problem here convincing noobs why your set is desirable.  They are use to seeing SP bright colours with special designed icons and what not, yet they place your set into the boring column.  Only us oldies see the great potential of your key-set which the younger ones won't.

Hate to see this fall over towards the deadline but would really hate to see this carrying on till Xmas 2014 for a resolution.  Pity another brilliant Ivan GMK wonder being ignored by the ignorant here on Geekhack.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
We just remain 10 days. We can sucess  :-X ?

Offline ebacho

Not looking good...

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Well, the current Dolch GB might not happen outside of Korea because the OP doesn't respond here anymore.

Maybe we can get some of these orders...

Offline GeorgeK

I'm desperate for this buy to happen :(  If only I had the money I'd buy 100 sets and then sell them on at a profit *evil laugh*
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
maybe we should have a plan from now for the next GMK buys, it isn't looked like this time we made it :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
I'm desperate for this buy to happen :(  If only I had the money I'd buy 100 sets and then sell them on at a profit *evil laugh*

Yeah, I also feel there is no risk involved in buying a 2nd set and then resell it later for the same price or even a little profit, but I don't think everybody can afford to double his order...

Offline garoti

Well, the current Dolch GB might not happen outside of Korea because the OP doesn't respond here anymore.

Maybe we can get some of these orders...
Yep, hope we early hit moq

Offline GeorgeK

Yeah, I also feel there is no risk involved in buying a 2nd set and then resell it later for the same price or even a little profit, but I don't think everybody can afford to double his order...

Exactly - I would be pushing it if I ordered another...  Shame really...

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
If they GMK Dolch buy doesn't recieve an update soon I will buy a set here instead  :thumb:
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Or do it like me and buy
If they GMK Dolch buy doesn't recieve an update soon I will buy a set here instead  :thumb:

Or do it like me and be in both GBs :p

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Or do it like me and buy

this!
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
I 'll buy 2 set. If you can, let me do that :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Or do it like me and buy

Always get involved with more GMK Group Buys because the outcome is either they're dropped and you lose nothing or they come through with the numbers and you finally get some awesome key-sets from Germany  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

Offline stoic-lemon

Exactly. I fear the high price at the outset may have scared people away even after the sets were reworked.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
Exactly. I fear the high price at the outset may have scared people away even after the sets were reworked.

Personally I think it's the mono scheme that's holding us back. I can see exactly what Ivan was going for as this set would be great for mixing and matching but for people who don't already have GMK stuff it's probably less attractive. The Dolch set killed us as well.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder

Personally I think it's the mono scheme that's holding us back. I can see exactly what Ivan was going for as this set would be great for mixing and matching but for people who don't already have GMK stuff it's probably less attractive. The Dolch set killed us as well.
Agreed, it would be better if we stick to the original idea, a dark dolch set which has dark grey alpha base and black mod, the mono tone is way less attractive, and not that much people realize the value of the mix-match things in the set...
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
I'm becoming so depressed yet with another doomed GMK Group Buy  >:( >:( >:( >:( .

What the hell is going on here, every time we try to reach for the stars on a Group Buy we end up eating our shorts in humiliation.  No key-sets for us, from Germany  :'( .

Makes you want to strip a pole cat and shove it down your pants for some serious wake up call on any GMK buy ins....... Is there something we are doing that always delivers cow patties into our faces here? 

Why is it that grabbing some decent Cherry Key-caps is so indecently difficult to achieve?
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 10:05:09 by Elrick »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Economy and markets rule. The other GMK set got more people and the price of this one looks a little step for a monochromatic, but of course its pricing is just right considering the number of caps included. I was interested in a mods set in the beginning but it was dropped.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
I'm becoming so depressed yet with another doomed GMK Group Buy  >:( >:( >:( >:( .

What the hell is going on here, every time we try to reach for the stars on a Group Buy we end up eating our shorts in humiliation.  No key-sets for us, from Germany  :'( .

Makes you want to strip a pole cat and shove it down your pants for some serious wake up call on any GMK buy ins....... Is there something we are doing that always delivers cow patties into our faces here? 

Why is it that grabbing some decent Cherry Key-caps is so indecently difficult to achieve?

Right there with you man, I've got 3 full GMK sets now and it's still not enough! I think with the right colour scheme and the right timing it shouldn't be hard to do though.

Offline ebacho

I feel pretty bad that Ivan negotiates a lower MOQ and his set is the one that doesn't actually make it, while the Dolch GB(s) does.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I feel pretty bad that Ivan negotiates a lower MOQ and his set is the one that doesn't actually make it, while the Dolch GB(s) does.

Nobody knows who she is actually working for  ;) .

I think he did a great job in the benefit of the entire community. Again, the rest is just market demand and offer laws.

Offline kekstee

Has this hit Korean forums in it's latest configuration and price?
Should we create a sound comparison of thick GMK vs standard SP keys and upvote on reddit for good measure?

Seriously, I so much want this to happen. I could even separate mods/alnum and create two nice setups with what I already have D:
I'd even +1 my order and resell it later if that helps in the end.

Also, is that deadline fixed or do you intend to give this time to find more acceptance?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I have no idea if it on any Korean forum... I don't go on them. I did have it posted on KBDmania but it was deleted... so I just deleted my account instead of fighting with them. If anyone wants to spread it elsewhere please do so.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
I have no idea if it on any Korean forum... I don't go on them. I did have it posted on KBDmania but it was deleted... so I just deleted my account instead of fighting with them. If anyone wants to spread it elsewhere please do so.

South Koreans hate Americans and anyone from there gets next to no acknowledgement.  Even us lot (aussie-convicts) get no recognition so I wouldn't worry about it.  They have their own unique world planned out in that region and are happy never to share or invite anyone into it.

I know this Group Buy looks like aborting but at least you tried Ivan and no one can accuse you for doing anything less.  Just the power of SP is so GREAT and it's like trying to paddle out against a tidal wave of popularity.  You just can't win for now.  Maybe in the future the noobs will want to try some GMK goodness but currently there is little taste for it here at this time.

Offline ebacho

South Koreans hate Americans and anyone from there gets next to no acknowledgement.  Even us lot (aussie-convicts) get no recognition so I wouldn't worry about it.  They have their own unique world planned out in that region and are happy never to share or invite anyone into it.

I know this Group Buy looks like aborting but at least you tried Ivan and no one can accuse you for doing anything less.  Just the power of SP is so GREAT and it's like trying to paddle out against a tidal wave of popularity.  You just can't win for now.  Maybe in the future the noobs will want to try some GMK goodness but currently there is little taste for it here at this time.

Actually, all you need to do is tack a CC/Brobot pack to this and the people will flock to it.

Offline garoti

SP is only good about color, young style. About use, GMK - imsto is the best and SP is like sh!t, thickness of SP is very thin
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 07:57:06 by garoti »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
SP is only good about color, young style. About use, GMK - imsto is the best and SP is like sh!t, thickness of SP is very thin
Vā đ!t con mẹ māy thằng Elrik

I know but convincing others here on Geekhack is the MOST difficult part of this.  Most just won't listen and they get hypnotized with any knew colour-way that presents itself in a DCS format.

They still think that SP's DCS is CHERRY profile  :'( .  What can you do with such ignorance......  ::) ?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Actually, all you need to do is tack a CC/Brobot pack to this and the people will flock to it.

I know that special key that lures them in, but unfortunately GMK is for adults ONLY.  I suppose it's the way SP has successfully positioned themselves as a children's key-set manufacturer.  They are not even going to try and compete with the original Cherry manufacturers because they can't but they can offer numerous colours and low MOQ's to get them in.

It's like dangling a chocolate iced donut in front of a starving kid and expecting them to ignore it......