Author Topic: Hello from Ottawa!  (Read 2964 times)

Offline mechanicalily

Hello from Ottawa!
« on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 17:16:59 »
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm currently into the mech kb scene since last year, mostly because I mainly use the keyboard for writing academic essays, blog posts, and short stories. I also collect typewriters as a hobby, so going into mech kb I thought why not explore this foray?  ;D

I currently have two very cheap mech boards that I use interchangeably (one with Gateron Blues and one with Gateron Blacks), and I'm on the quest to find the endgame within my working student budget. I'm excited to learn more about KBs and potentially joining some group buys or experimentation with builds!

Excited to meet and chat with you all!

(OOPS i thought i posted this in the welcomde thread sorry about that, can someone delete this thread ? thanks!)
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 March 2021, 17:18:31 by mechanicalily »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Hello from Ottawa!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 18:27:59 »
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm currently into the mech kb scene since last year, mostly because I mainly use the keyboard for writing academic essays, blog posts, and short stories. I also collect typewriters as a hobby, so going into mech kb I thought why not explore this foray?  ;D

I currently have two very cheap mech boards that I use interchangeably (one with Gateron Blues and one with Gateron Blacks), and I'm on the quest to find the endgame within my working student budget. I'm excited to learn more about KBs and potentially joining some group buys or experimentation with builds!

Excited to meet and chat with you all!

Welcome! I appreciate your optimism regarding achieving an "endgame" board. Haha. ;D (for real though, just jump straight to the Realforce 10th Anniversary Edition with 55g domes :P )

(OOPS i thought i posted this in the welcomde thread sorry about that, can someone delete this thread ? thanks!)

No worries! Thread has been moved to the appropriate section. :)

Offline Altis

Re: Hello from Ottawa!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 30 March 2022, 17:28:49 »
Welcome fellow Ottawan   :D
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)