geekhack Marketplace > Great Finds

Ebay, refurbished item vendors, etc.

<< < (2/2)

xsphat:
Point taken and I agree with you. I have overpaid for keyboards in the past, though not quite to that extent. What I find unforgivable is when a keyboard is called clicky on Ebay just because it is big, old and ugly, but to the informed eye, we know that the "clicky" keyboard in their listing really just has membrane switches. I recently saw a brand new IBM space saver, the thin black one with the pointing nub, listed on Ebay as "clicky." Talk about preying on the ill-informed.

I even saw a listing (long ago) for a "wireless clicky keyboard." What did it run the switches on, 4 D batteries?

iMav:

--- Quote from: xsphat ---I even saw a listing (long ago) for a "wireless clicky keyboard." What did it run the switches on, 4 D batteries?
--- End quote ---

Man.  How sweet would THAT be??   :wink:

xsphat:
Not very.

SigonLegacy:
You just have to sit and wait for a good deal to come up. That Alps switch Dell I got was only 20 bucks after shipping and insurance. With a good dousing of alcohol, it looks new (except the worn keys). I've also scored an IBM PC/AT keyboard, the one with the F keys off to the left and no toggle LEDs, for cheap. Too bad I broke that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version