geekhack Community > Input Devices

MS Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 Mini Review

(1/1)

itlnstln:
I just picked up one of these from Newegg the other day as I have been experiencing wrist pain a la RSI from years of using traditional mice (I know, I know, trackballs/points FTW).  

It has an interesting shape in that it feels like holding a baseball or tennis ball while in use.  The wrist is rotated about 80 degrees from a regular mousing surface so that side to side movements flex the wrist on the regular joint axis rather than side to side. the thumb rest is a gel like rubber that feels good on the hand and provides a nice, grippy surface for extra control.  It has a smooth scroll wheel which I like when I play the roll of spreadsheet jockey or reading web pages (I prefer the tactile scroll wheel for gaming).  The scoll wheel also allows for sideways scrolling; again, nice for spreadsheets.  The mouse also has forward and back web navigation buttons.

So far, the pain I had been feeling in my wrists has subsided, but it does take a few days to get used to using it since it is not the usual position for the hand vis a vis a traditonal mouse.  Up and down movements require the most adjustment since it takes almost a whole arm movement to perform.

The mouse is wireless, and I have not had any problems with reception.  I wish it were a rechargable mouse like my Logitech MX 1000, but, instead, requires AAs.

I have enjoyed using the mouse thus far, and may try out a track ball if I do not feel any significant improvement.  I will try it at home for a while first before using it at work.  Click the link below for the Newegg page to see pics.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105221

zwmalone:
These mice are actually quite comfortable and surprisingly well built.  I have the model below it the Wireless Laser mouse 5000.  I freaked out and thought it was broken at first because after so many years of using cheap mice, I didn't realize that  laser mice didn't have a light.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version