Author Topic: [IC] saevus Duality 65  (Read 14555 times)

Offline malignant narcissism

• sus
Re: [IC] saevus Duality 65
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 09:06:56 »
I think the initial piece of drama is the least concerning. It very well could have been a mistake, and jumping to conclusions hasn’t made the situation better. Personally, if I gave someone a piece of my IP for a personal thing I wouldn’t be too concerned if it was sold off. It’s their personal property at that point and it’s not like it was mass produced. It’s just a very silly thing to be so upset about— especially in a hobby like this. How many designers have used trademarked material for their keycap sets? How many ****ing Eva boards are out there with stolen artwork stamped all over it?

Some of the other stories are more concerning and people are justified in being suspicious. SL does come off as a bit juvenile and seems to be making the situation worse for themselves— but we all kind of do that sometimes. I am not saying that to defend you. You’ve got a lot of work to do to repair your reputation, SL.

As for the board, I don’t like the design as much as the TKL and will probably pass. I’m honestly not into the art style chosen for the weights, and if you’d have omitted those in the first place then none of us would be having this discussion.
oh hi mark

Offline Keeaboo

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 09:59:08 »
I think the initial piece of drama is the least concerning. It very well could have been a mistake, and jumping to conclusions hasn’t made the situation better. Personally, if I gave someone a piece of my IP for a personal thing I wouldn’t be too concerned if it was sold off. It’s their personal property at that point and it’s not like it was mass produced. It’s just a very silly thing to be so upset about— especially in a hobby like this. How many designers have used trademarked material for their keycap sets? How many ****ing Eva boards are out there with stolen artwork stamped all over it?

Some of the other stories are more concerning and people are justified in being suspicious. SL does come off as a bit juvenile and seems to be making the situation worse for themselves— but we all kind of do that sometimes. I am not saying that to defend you. You’ve got a lot of work to do to repair your reputation, SL.

As for the board, I don’t like the design as much as the TKL and will probably pass. I’m honestly not into the art style chosen for the weights, and if you’d have omitted those in the first place then none of us would be having this discussion.

I don't think we should entertain the idea that selling artwork that isn't yours is valid in anyway. Artwork is always the property of the the artist and they can decide what it's used for unless there is something in place that states the ownership of your work transfers to the person / entity you're working for upon completion. I see the point of people pointing out what is seemingly a hypocritical stance of using trademarked material for inspiration for keycaps and boards but I do think there is an ocean size gap of difference between benefitting on Disney's behalf and benefitting on behalf of a small artist / designer who amounts to a colleague in the space you share.

The second point you bring up I do agree with though. I'm going to put aside the fact that Angel has been pretty straightforward in his statements and provided any available evidence on his end and Streamline has just provided some sarcastic jabs along with "just trust me" as his justification. Even if I wanted to believe SL, his attitude has been a major turn off in supporting any future endeavors. Being right does not entitle you to be an ******* and he's showed time and time again he cannot accept any criticism without snide remarks. I've seen him call people incels, little boys, children, basement dwellers, etc now and he's even commented on a detractor's appearance in a negative way. Streamline can be 100% innocent and I would still not support that sort of behavior.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 11:24:50 »
loving the 3-post throwaway account meetup tho

This. Part of me wants GH to add profile age restrictions like other forums. "You must be this old to ride this ride". I can't trust a single comment in this thread because every account was made 2 days ago just to stir the pot.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Zouabee

• i sniff
    • Zouabee.com
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 11:38:31 »
I have no horse in this race but my name was mentioned; here's my two cents (that's all theyre worth tbh).

So if someone who refrains from using IP made the same arguments that I made, would they be correct in calling out SL for their misappropriation of art?
Using ad hominem arguments and copium is irrelevant to the crux of the issue.

Our goals are the same here; we all want to create a space that we feel comfortable sharing our passion for keyboards and plastic. Not sure if that's possible without policing our space in a healthy manner without the use of hyperbole and hysteria.

Best of luck with your future endeavors.

3. Zouabi (Fares)

During the issues with Helheim, artisan maker Fares entered the Saevus Labs discord to discuss the situation. The end result was members of the Discord threatening and going through with reporting his artisan designs to the copyright department of Studio Ghibli and other places in hopes of getting the artisan maker in trouble for copyright infringement / fair use.

This was merely a case of throwing stones in glass houses, it is the height of hypocrisy to accuse a man of misuse of intellectual property when such a person has an entire business based on doing so, Nintendo are extremely explicit with their own copyright policy and anybody is free to read it

Offline phoenixrage

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 16:33:27 »
just when you think the community can't stoop any lower.. sad that people feel the need to cancel others and can't believe that someone can grow and change.  SHAME.

I missed out on the TKL, but the 65 is looking real good.  Can't wait to see it.

zip his pants up when you're done bro

Grow up.  You are what's wrong with society and bringing this community down as a whole.  Keep bringing **** up like a *****, cause at the end of the day, that's what you really are.  Get over it and move on with your life.

God forbid someone not really caring about the drama and trying to keep things positive around here.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 April 2024, 16:35:09 by phoenixrage »

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 21:38:29 »
Will someone come saevthis?

Offline keepoto

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 04:34:44 »
I applaud the exciting gameplay all around and no i aint ever buying a 65% board

Offline Horu

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 09:33:05 »
I applaud the exciting gameplay all around and no i aint ever buying a 65% board

What if this board has HHKB option?

Offline keepoto

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 09:59:56 »

What if this board has HHKB option?

65% is too deformed and not even HHKB can save it

edit: 70%/FRL HHKB is barely acceptable and pls more TKL HHKB so I can bring to work

Offline zekth

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 11:37:47 »
Where's ISO

Offline lazylemon

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 11 April 2024, 13:09:53 »
Front is nice, back is... uhh not of my preference. That being said, I would not support streamline either. His dealings are very shady. I would say he is fake transparent. Pretending to be but when an issue happens he just disappears and responds very slowly.

Offline voati

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 12 April 2024, 15:20:25 »

This. Part of me wants GH to add profile age restrictions like other forums. "You must be this old to ride this ride". I can't trust a single comment in this thread because every account was made 2 days ago just to stir the pot.

Damn shocking, not all of us sit on GH, a lot of us skim the forums logged out and don't engage on here but engage in discord servers. I came to point out that he's working with a scumbag for a collab for the second time that actively steals work from others and has a terrible track record of banning users for criticism, which is ironic because he's being dragged in this thread for the same actions with proof.....

Offline voati

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 12 April 2024, 15:25:36 »
dumbest drama the mk community has ever seen.
loving the 3-post throwaway account meetup tho. imagine brigading on GH lmfao

Imaging making some ignorant comment like this when you can click a username and see when the account was registered..... only 1 person recently made their account out of the entire thread.
Doesn't seem like throw away account brigading to me bud.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 12 April 2024, 22:51:25 »

Damn shocking, not all of us sit on GH, a lot of us skim the forums logged out and don't engage on here but engage in discord servers. I came to point out that he's working with a scumbag for a collab for the second time that actively steals work from others and has a terrible track record of banning users for criticism, which is ironic because he's being dragged in this thread for the same actions with proof.....

My point wasn't to require everyone to post frequently, but add some stop gap to prevent new / alt accounts from flooding a thread. Your account is years old, so this is 100% not aimed at you -- I'm sorry if it felt that way though
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline voati

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 16 April 2024, 12:01:41 »

My point wasn't to require everyone to post frequently, but add some stop gap to prevent new / alt accounts from flooding a thread. Your account is years old, so this is 100% not aimed at you -- I'm sorry if it felt that way though

I wasn't defending just myself, only 1 user in this whole thread made their account recently, everyone in here besides 1 person (not even the one who made the initial claims) is over a year old.

Offline Keeaboo

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 16 April 2024, 14:47:41 »
I think the larger point still stands though. I made an account yes, but it was to highlight the issues with supporting this interest check and the individual running it. I think, as a customer, having more information to make informed choices is always a good thing. I don't think exclusively keeping criticism to the design of the board is in any way a good idea as I myself would like to know if there are any reasons not to trust / support a designer / vendor. I have no connection to either Streamline or Helheim despite what is alleged by SL that all the people criticizing the post are connected to Helheim in some way. This IC post seems to be abandoned by the creator at this point because he has continually operated in the same way. Instead of accepting any accountability, he will always run back to the die hard supporters on the discord.

Offline Aethelberht

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 17 April 2024, 15:15:42 »
Waiting for HelHeim to officially sue Saevus. I love drama.

Offline 1manny

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 20 April 2024, 14:40:41 »
Waiting for HelHeim to officially sue Saevus. I love drama.

Yeah can’t wait for the small claims suit… lol