Author Topic: [FS] $ Sold Thanks!  (Read 2548 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
[FS] $ Sold Thanks!
« on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 12:45:04 »
So, I have too much stuff and need to clear some of it out.

$30  Model M barrel plate - shipped domestic US

Model M barrel plate - drilled with M2x8 machine screws inserted and nuts and washers shipped loose.

If you want to do a Model M bolt-mod but don't have the tiny screws and/or don't want to do the drilling, here is a black plastic barrel plate ready to go. You will have to take your old one apart and use your own other components. This sale is for the barrel plate only, as shown, including nuts and screws.

« Last Edit: Sun, 21 December 2014, 10:42:02 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline berserkfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
if Fohat gives up on something, what are the chances for 99% of the rest of us?

That said, solid work. Looks nice. But now I must bump fohat down the GH rankings below WCass since WCass was able to get his faux SSK working. :p
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
able to get his faux SSK working.

Oh, it works fine. The case is just cock-eyed.

« Last Edit: Sat, 13 December 2014, 20:47:31 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
I'll take the converter box. Tried sending pm.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
I'll take the converter box. Tried sending pm.

Got it. Thanks!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: [FS] $30 Model M bolt mod plate ready
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 19:16:12 »
Price drop bump.

This is the hard part of a Model M bolt mod.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 21:11:09 »
Fohat, it just occurred to me that your current setup is hard to sell. The buyer will have to supply a metal backplate and drill again on his backplate. And alligning the holes precisely is going to be even more difficult than drilling in-situ right from the start. It's only for committed modders who happened to have broken barrel plates.

:-[
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 21:20:40 »
Fohat, it just occurred to me that your current setup is hard to sell. The buyer will have to supply a metal backplate and drill again on his backplate. And alligning the holes precisely is going to be even more difficult than drilling in-situ right from the start.
Model Ms already have holes in the metal backplate, that the plastic rivets go through. Presumably the holes in the plastic barrel plate here are properly aligned to those.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 21:27:46 »

The buyer will have to supply a metal backplate and drill again on his backplate.

And aligning the holes precisely is going to be even more difficult than drilling in-situ right from the start.

The target buyer of this item would have a working Model M keyboard already.

He would cut off the rivet heads, separate the layers, and re-assemble all the same parts (cleaned, would be my recommendation) except substituting this barrel plate for his original.

There will be no drilling involved, this plastic barrel plate is drilled, screws installed, and I have verified that it aligns properly on a standard M metal back plate exactly as-is. All the buyer needs to do is put on the nuts (and washers, optional) which are supplied loose.

When you say "drilling in-situ" are you perhaps referring to adding screws, as a repair, only in places where rivet heads are broken off?

This item is intended to facilitate a full dis-assemble and bolt-mod project.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 22:23:38 »
Aaa

You're right of course, Jacobulus and Fohat. I quite forgot that the Model M plate, unlike the Model F plate, has holes in the metal plate for the rivets already.

I should really do my own bolt mod. If only I had not lost all interest in the Model M traditional format. Now all I desire is to put my money and time in a Model F matrix format. If I can get my split layout Model F, I'll probably be able to change my password, throw it away, log out of geekhack and never return. I will be living in heaven then (not the same heaven that hopefully smallfry is now living in).

Since this is evidently a problem free, fuss free mod for many people (seems that the main work they have to do will be popping the rivets and washing their parts before reassembly) I believe they will be well served to take advantage of this opportunity and buy from Fohat!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: [FS] $25 Model M bolt mod plate ready
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 13:50:55 »
Bump for price drop.

This will not go any lower, I will keep it for a project of my own.

Offline Jersern

• Australian Keyboard Modding and Repair Service
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 23:50:21 »
PM'ed earlier today.... not sure if you got it!