Author Topic: Sil0  (Read 7778 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Sil0
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 07:05:37 »

should we read the book?

I don't know anything about Silo, and I'm not watching the show, but YES, you should ALWAYS read the book.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 16:39:42 »
It wasn't supr compelling, but I guess I'm still on board _enough_ to continue to next season.
Think I might have to read the book,  it doesn't make sense the way they're running this, there's no reason to hide stuff, they could have field trips whenever people _stop believing_ the outside is bad if it's really bad,   and if it's really good,  what reason could there possibly be to keep living in a hole.

Wiikipedia has a good breakdown of the books.
Frankly the best is yet to come, that's why I was annoyed it would end like this, especially if it's cancelled now..

Why hide stuff? It makes sense to the overall story. Sort of. Why not just tell the truth, who knows.
The one thing I will say is that the author likes to rug pull, annoying since the story is good enough on it's own.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 18:42:49 »
Just watched it. I dont know what to think about it...
One thing I liked it, but on the other hand, it pissed me off cutting the story like that. We knew its gonna happen anyway.
I looked at wiki and read about books - looks like indeed, like Lesieann said, loads is still to happen, all the good stuff at least looks like it. Now they gonna keep us waiting for a year or two to see second season, if it ever happens...

What the hell was that? So pretty view was an "virtual image" then? Now we saw loads of silos around with a city on the horizon.
What was about that tape?
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 July 2023, 18:44:40 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 22:01:21 »
What the hell was that? So pretty view was an "virtual image" then? Now we saw loads of silos around with a city on the horizon.
What was about that tape?
She says "They're good in supply"...
Go back and watch everyone else's suit used multiple wraps of recycled tape, supply gave her the good stuff, sealing her suit better.

As for the virtual image in the suit..
That's part of the rug pull I was referring to. It's a constant back and forth through the books about what is seen outside in terms of nature. Kind of maddening if you're trying to make sense because it doesn't always seem to make sense other than misdirection for the sake of misdirection and drama. I haaaaate that in shows. Not that I'm aware of an answer, but any book/wiki based answer could be altered for the show so even speculation would be pointless. I read most, if not all the Wikipedia article and I don't recall a mention of the suit even having a screen.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 09:49:06 »
Tp4 is finally understanding why he's so obsessed with Air Purifiers,   it makes it feel like he's living in S1L0.

Spent $700 on air purifiers so far. New Sensor coming today.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 16:45:34 »
Remind me in 2 months when Tp complains about being broke.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 18:10:42 »
Show Image

Yep, and will be rationing his rice through the month, I bet :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 18:23:08 »
Show Image

Yep, and will be rationing his rice through the month, I bet :)