Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 341667 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #1200 on: Sun, 19 February 2023, 08:27:09 »
yea looking at the pictures, they're in that weird uncanny zone.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1201 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 11:57:03 »
Pizza tower

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #1202 on: Wed, 08 March 2023, 00:02:00 »
Still fragging in Fortnite almost daily with my squad.

I finally got around to installing and playing The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire (from 1997). Not sure what to think it yet. More testing needs to be conducted.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1203 on: Fri, 10 March 2023, 02:08:05 »
Finally picked up Cyberpunk 2077 after holding off for so long.

A bit over 20hrs in so far, and I can see getting about another 20 out of it before getting bored with the loop. It's basically like if GTA were 1st person, had better writing, but worse game play. Perhaps the story will get interesting enough I wind up completing it for the merit of that. Maybe modding it to hell will make it more fun.
It's not as technically impressive as I'd been led to believe, but they sure built a cool world and handled transitions really well. I don't think I've encountered a single load screen once you're in-game.
And despite the game's reputation, so far I've only experience infrequent and minor bugs. Mostly crashes.

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #1204 on: Fri, 10 March 2023, 09:29:23 »
Been playing GTA 4 on PC. I've tried many times to play it, but it's finally clicking. I've been trying to play all of the most popular games from the last 20 or so years that I haven't played yet. Any recommendations are welcome!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1205 on: Fri, 10 March 2023, 15:51:21 »
Been playing GTA 4 on PC. I've tried many times to play it, but it's finally clicking. I've been trying to play all of the most popular games from the last 20 or so years that I haven't played yet. Any recommendations are welcome!

The Last Of Us, Bioshock 1, a Dark Souls game(not 2), Witcher 3, Super Mario Odyssey, Portal 2

you can skip everything else 😏

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #1206 on: Fri, 10 March 2023, 19:50:54 »

The Last Of Us, Bioshock 1, a Dark Souls game(not 2), Witcher 3, Super Mario Odyssey, Portal 2

Played all of those!
The Last of Us I got in my PS4 bundle and was not at all excited about it, but after booting it up, I was instantly hooked. I love the show btw.

I've played all of the Bioshock's and recently picked it up for Switch. Love those games as well, especially Infinite.

Dark Souls and other FS games are probably my favorite series. Started with 3 as I got it for a deal on Steam and played it to death. Then Sekiro, then back to DS1, then Bloodborne, and Elden Ring. I have 2 and have tried many many times to beat it, and still slowly playing through it but its just so bad. Not that the enemies or environment is bad, it's the gameplay and the way my character moves and dodges.

Witcher 3 I have 424 hours on Steam. I just downloaded the new graphics update and want to see how it looks. Unlike pretty much every game I've mentioned in this post, I can play Witcher 3 for hours upon hours in one sitting without getting bored.

SMO, one of the best Switch games that's out there. Beaten it a few times along with one playthrough collecting all moons. Can't recommend it enough for a platformer. The controls are so tight and it's mindless fun. And Luigi's balloon game was a fun way to add some challenges to it.

Portal 2 is the only game I haven't beaten (other than DS2) on your list. I actually played some today for the first time in ages. I'm going to beat it eventually but I'm not entirely blown away by it.

Thanks for the recommendations! I game a lot, but I feel like I've missed a bunch of gems.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 March 2023, 19:52:51 by Timbersawdust »

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1207 on: Sat, 11 March 2023, 06:05:54 »

I'm waiting for end of March to try The last of us on pc.
Is it really great adveture game as they say?
I like tv show and for years read that its one of the best games on consoles.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1208 on: Sat, 11 March 2023, 13:41:17 »

I would recommend Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4.
4 isn't as good story-wise, New Vegas is amazing on that but it makes up for it with better game play and graphics. Both (especially 4) has TONS of replay-ability with multiple endings, several really good expansions and absolutely tons to explore. And then there's the mod community which just went crazy with them allowing you to mod almost everything including several complete reworks. You can have thousands of hours and still not experience everything.

Others:
Cyberpunk and Red Dead Redemption 2, they can be clunky as hell at times but great visuals and story.
GTA San Andreas - the best GTA
Kerbal Space Program - build and fly space ships into orbit/space using (relatively) realistic physics.
Saints Row 1,2,3 (1 and 2 have clunky controls but better story)
Left 4 Dead 2 (no need for 1, it's mostly included)
Alien Isolation
Borderlands 2
Portal
Mass Effect Trilogy
L.A. Noir
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #1209 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 06:34:03 »

Does Timesplitters 2 count as being within the last 20 years? One of the best shooters of all time. The Shadowrun FPS was incredible too, but marketed very poorly like Timesplitters. Both very innovative and unique games that some games since have tried to copy elements from as a gimmick (especially Timesplitters) but have never done well.

The first two real Battlefront games are fantastic as well, especially some cooperative galactic conquest with a friend.

Mass Effect is great, but the first KOTOR is even better.

The Metal Gear Solid franchise is great too.

I like Vice City more than San Andreas, but San Andreas has more freedom.

If you like RTS games, Star Wars: Empire at War is arguably one of the best because of galactic conquest (not multiplayer, unfortunately). C&C Red Alert 3 was a lot of fun too.

On the subject of strategy games. CIV V with all of its DLC is fantastic.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1210 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 17:38:58 »

Hades, Bear and breakfast, going under

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #1211 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 13:27:20 »
idk really why but i can't really play a normal game consistently and i just keep playing roblox for some reason even though the games are good and i like them. im just way too hooked on roblox recently (if someone here is also playing roblox im plaing arcane odyssey :) )
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1212 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 12:09:08 »

Games in the last 20 years? Have to mention Half Life 2!

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1213 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 22:54:13 »

You left so much out, and included at least 2 games that are just dead wrong SMH.

RN I'm playing Silent Hill 3. It's been a few months since I beat 2 and thought I might as well dip my toes into more of the series.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline phinix

« Reply #1214 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 17:34:55 »
Just finished Kathy Rain. If you are into point and click adventure games, try it, really nice game. Great story, characters, hand drew locations, great music and dialogs.

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1215 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 18:13:09 »
Just finished Kathy Rain. If you are into point and click adventure games, try it, really nice game. Great story, characters, hand drew locations, great music and dialogs.

(Attachment Link)
I got that free on steam ages ago. Never had any luck with free detective games on steam. Last one I played was Backbone, which had raccoons, noire detective stuff, and a halfway decent hook. Basically everything I love in a game... I ****ing hated it. Even the demo was just complete raccoon ****, and from what I heard the full game was even worse.
Point being, I hope you're right lol
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1216 on: Wed, 12 April 2023, 02:21:54 »

(Attachment Link)
I got that free on steam ages ago. Never had any luck with free detective games on steam. Last one I played was Backbone, which had raccoons, noire detective stuff, and a halfway decent hook. Basically everything I love in a game... I ****ing hated it. Even the demo was just complete raccoon ****, and from what I heard the full game was even worse.
Point being, I hope you're right lol

I think it was good game - similar to Wadjet Eye games, but even better in few bits. Haven't played that raccoon game, so cannot compare to that one :)
I used to play point and click games back in 80/90s so I'm adventure games goer :) These new age games like Wadjet Eye Games or Kthy Rain are a bit differnet but still interesting. So yeah, try, have a go  :thumb:

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1217 on: Wed, 12 April 2023, 21:46:49 »
Just finishing up my characters in Destiny 2, Titan is at max power and now working to finish my Hunter and Warlock (both need a single piece to get them to cap - 1810).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1218 on: Sun, 30 April 2023, 21:43:00 »
Mario Sunshine is the worst Mario game ever made, and I hate almost everything about it.
I can't even play it because of the absolute garbage camera, but there is so much more to hate about this game.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1219 on: Mon, 01 May 2023, 10:37:14 »
That says alot since Mario 2 was at the top of my list for the worst imo. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1220 on: Mon, 01 May 2023, 11:56:46 »
Mario Sunshine is the worst Mario game ever made, and I hate almost everything about it.
I can't even play it because of the absolute garbage camera, but there is so much more to hate about this game.

Paper mario though?

Offline phinix

« Reply #1221 on: Mon, 01 May 2023, 14:39:14 »
Re-playing Syberia, first part.
Very nice series of adventure point&click games.

298788-0

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1222 on: Tue, 02 May 2023, 12:54:14 »
Fear and Hunger, which if you're not ready for some of the most effed up stuff you'll see in a game then I recommend you don't play. That being said it's a great game, maybe a little too much reliance on SA. You could probably remove it from the game and it'd still be just as great.

Offline Marboard

• Marboard.net
« Reply #1223 on: Sat, 06 May 2023, 09:26:38 »
Jesus Christ Triology RPG, kinda fun but only available in a tiny window.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1224 on: Tue, 09 May 2023, 15:36:11 »
Blackthorne.
Brilliant platform game from 90s.

298909-0   298911-1

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1225 on: Tue, 09 May 2023, 16:57:16 »
Blackthorne.

(Attachment Link)     (Attachment Link)

I rented this on 32x as a kid, it was really difficult. Reminded me of Out Of This World.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1226 on: Wed, 10 May 2023, 03:17:17 »
Blackthorne.

I rented this on 32x as a kid, it was really difficult. Reminded me of Out Of This World.

Out Of This World? What is that?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1227 on: Mon, 15 May 2023, 18:06:33 »
I'm generally not much of an RPG guy, but I have been really digging Monster Sanctuary lately. There is a lot to see and do, but it's not overwhelming and very accessible.
It's like a Metroidvania Pokemon, if that appeals to you you'll probably like it.
Plus it's currently on sale on Steam for like $6 and the devs just dropped a big dlc for free a few days ago.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1228 on: Mon, 15 May 2023, 18:09:26 »
Blackthorne.

It's an Éric Chahi game from the 90s that really pushed the Genesis to its max. But it plays similar to Blackthorne.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #1229 on: Mon, 15 May 2023, 20:15:11 »
Blackthorne.

Why, if I may ask, do you find Blackthorne to be brilliant?

I toyed around with it a bit, but I just found it to be somewhat generic, albeit with its own gimmicks. Maybe I just never gave it a chance.

Out of This World, BTW was a sensation when it came out. The pseudo-3D-animated cutscenes and vector-like rotoscoped graphics were almost unheard of on the 16-bit systems of the era, including much of the hardware in DOS PCs. It has been remastered quite well for modern computers, the 15th anniversary edition IIRC.

Someone even remade the introduction for the Commodore 64 in 2019, which is amazing. The gameplay of OOTW isn't that revolutionary, though. It does have some similarities to Blackthorne.

Offline rekster

« Reply #1230 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 01:48:06 »
Guy does any have a solution I am facing fps issues

Offline phinix

« Reply #1231 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 02:44:36 »
Blackthorne.

It's an Éric Chahi game from the 90s that really pushed the Genesis to its max. But it plays similar to Blackthorne.

Blackthorne.

I toyed around with it a bit, but I just found it to be somewhat generic, albeit with its own gimmicks. Maybe I just never gave it a chance.

Out of This World, BTW was a sensation when it came out. The pseudo-3D-animated cutscenes and vector-like rotoscoped graphics were almost unheard of on the 16-bit systems of the era, including much of the hardware in DOS PCs. It has been remastered quite well for modern computers, the 15th anniversary edition IIRC.

Someone even remade the introduction for the Commodore 64 in 2019, which is amazing. The gameplay of OOTW isn't that revolutionary, though. It does have some similarities to Blackthorne.

Oh for f** sake... you Americans...  ;)

It's ANOTHER WORLD!

Of course I know this game, jeez, its one of the most important and greatest games ever made. Why titles always have to be changed for America I will never understand....

Regarding Blackthorne - when it came out, people loved it for being another platform game released on PC. Everyone loved Prince of Persia and Blackthorne was very similar, simplistic platform game with similar mechanics. I remember how huge it was in PC environment, everyone was playing it, we were sharing codes to show where we we went etc
I remember playing it with different sound - on PC speaker, using Covox, then on Adlib card, it was fun :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2023, 02:47:52 by phinix »

Offline smarmar

« Reply #1232 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 13:25:03 »
Blackthorne.

Blackthorne.

It's ANOTHER WORLD!

Of course I know this game, jeez, its one of the most important and greatest games ever made. Why titles always have to be changed for America I will never understand....

Regarding Blackthorne - when it came out, people loved it for being another platform game released on PC. Everyone loved Prince of Persia and Blackthorne was very similar, simplistic platform game with similar mechanics. I remember how huge it was in PC environment, everyone was playing it, we were sharing codes to show where we we went etc
I remember playing it with different sound - on PC speaker, using Covox, then on Adlib card, it was fun :)
I have Heart of the Alien, the sequel to Out of this World (I'm American, okay!) for Sega CD. The disc also had the original OOTW. My CD player died before I was able to play the sequel. :(
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #1233 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 14:13:22 »

It's ANOTHER WORLD!

Funny. I was actually thinking of also listing it as Another World, particularly when I was going to link to it on GOG.com

I received a demo disk of it a few years after it came out for PC. That was the American version, but the later GOG.com special edition retains the universal "Another World" title, I think.

The 15th Anniversary remaster is actually pretty neat. Chahi was able to simple scale the graphics 2x or so from 640x480, to 1280x960 I think. So it's the same models. But there's the option to use 'enhanced' graphics with those models, which are more colourful and detailed.

I prefer the classic mode, as those graphics were impressive in its time, and it's historically-important. But the enhanced graphics are very tasteful, as they are thematically-appropriate and developer-approved.

Blackthorne is similar to Another World in that there is a strong 'shoot/avoid' mechanic throughout the game, and the tossing of grenades. [Although only opponents do that in Another World]. They both are this weird mix of modern and medieval also, I think.

I didn't like how Blackthorne used such large sprites, given the limited screen-size and resolution of a 90s-era DOS PC. But it did look different and richer, kind of like the Lost Vikings from the same developer. I just thought that games with smaller sprites were more appropriate. Today, it would be awesome if some retro developer made a 1080p game with Blackthorne-like graphics and 120 fps. It was just too confined and clunky for me, even years ago.

Offline smarmar

« Reply #1234 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 16:17:26 »

It's ANOTHER WORLD!

Funny. I was actually thinking of also listing it as Another World, particularly when I was going to link to it on GOG.com

I received a demo disk of it a few years after it came out for PC. That was the American version, but the later GOG.com special edition retains the universal "Another World" title, I think.

The 15th Anniversary remaster is actually pretty neat. Chahi was able to simple scale the graphics 2x or so from 640x480, to 1280x960 I think. So it's the same models. But there's the option to use 'enhanced' graphics with those models, which are more colourful and detailed.

I prefer the classic mode, as those graphics were impressive in its time, and it's historically-important. But the enhanced graphics are very tasteful, as they are thematically-appropriate and developer-approved.

Blackthorne is similar to Another World in that there is a strong 'shoot/avoid' mechanic throughout the game, and the tossing of grenades. [Although only opponents do that in Another World]. They both are this weird mix of modern and medieval also, I think.

I didn't like how Blackthorne used such large sprites, given the limited screen-size and resolution of a 90s-era DOS PC. But it did look different and richer, kind of like the Lost Vikings from the same developer. I just thought that games with smaller sprites were more appropriate. Today, it would be awesome if some retro developer made a 1080p game with Blackthorne-like graphics and 120 fps. It was just too confined and clunky for me, even years ago.
I agree that the classic graphics mode looks better than the enhanced, even though there was more detail and texture in the enhanced mode. I'm so used to seeing the game in the classic style, I found myself turning on the enhanced mode just for a few seconds to see what the scenes looked like, before turning it back off. I think the absence of detail creates a richer experience. It's the way our minds fill in those blank areas, subconsciously. It's why I ofttimes prefer late mid'90s–early 2000s 3D FPS games over modern ones.

There was mention of Prince of Persia and Blackthorne, but have you played Flashback? It's a cyberpunk Running Man-type adventure done in the same style as the other games. Highly recommend.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #1235 on: Fri, 19 May 2023, 17:44:42 »
I was only able to obtain Flashback much later.

In the demo disk with Another World [OOTW], there may have been another, more 3D game where you were in some kind of futuristic facility fighting robots or whatever. DOS game with Alone in the Dark-like graphics.

Had difficulty running and controlling it efficiently at the time.

I agree with you completely about the original Another World graphics being better. I turned them off in the 15th Anniversary Edition.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1236 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 11:56:26 »
Playing HROT, it's like Quake 1 2. Some of the guns feel a bit pitiful, and sometimes the level design can be a bit of an annoyance, but I'm having fun.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1237 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 14:33:38 »
HROT

The Brown Game
brownest color pallet of any game I ever seen't

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1238 on: Fri, 26 May 2023, 18:25:59 »
Been addicted to the AI battles in MK11. Really fun balancing your bots to be as broken as possible and see if you can get a Flawless every time. My Noob Saibot is so reliable, he seems to win every match   :D

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1239 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 15:19:45 »
HROT

The Brown Game
Brown and red are all you'll see in that game, but it was so damn fun.

Offline smarmar

« Reply #1240 on: Wed, 31 May 2023, 00:01:37 »
HROT

The Brown Game
I had to research that game because you guys had me intrigued by its brownness. The look of it reminds me of Return to Castle Worfenstein or Medal of Honor, but with more pixels and sharp edges. Is it story-based or is it more run-n-gun and debrief later?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1241 on: Wed, 31 May 2023, 00:37:34 »
HROT

The Brown Game
I had to research that game because you guys had me intrigued by its brownness. The look of it reminds me of Return to Castle Worfenstein or Medal of Honor, but with more pixels and sharp edges. Is it story-based or is it more run-n-gun and debrief later?

Very classic boomer shooter with some modern quality of life design choices for the better. Very in the vein of Quake or more recently, Dusk.
It's a good one, tight combat, some fun weapons, a feeling of oppressive Iron Curtain era Soviet weirdness.

It's just got a real ****in brown color pallet

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #1242 on: Thu, 08 June 2023, 12:23:43 »
so i've recently been playing a bit of dome keeper and some TF2 with friends

Offline LavenderB

« Reply #1243 on: Fri, 09 June 2023, 14:00:08 »
so i've recently been playing a bit of dome keeper and some TF2 with friends
Dome keeper was really fun, but once I beat it once I pretty much lost interest, which is odd for a roguelite.
Safa | 1993 UK ISO-DE Model M  | Frog TKL | 3d printed bakeneko | Akko 5075s

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #1244 on: Fri, 09 June 2023, 14:02:12 »
i experienced similar thing

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1245 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 18:39:54 »
Out of all the games I got during this Steam Sale, The Caribbean Sail has been the one I had the most fun with so far.
It's an Oregon Trail-like survival boat captain sim that takes place in the 1700's with some fantasy elements.
Took me a while to get a hang of the navel battles, but now I'm an undefeated Red Flag Pirate hated and feared by every faction in the game and win every one. Success!
8/10 - would betray The Crown again.
300487-0

Offline phinix

« Reply #1246 on: Tue, 11 July 2023, 03:26:02 »
Out of all the games I got during this Steam Sale, The Caribbean Sail has been the one I had the most fun with so far.
It's an Oregon Trail-like survival boat captain sim that takes place in the 1700's with some fantasy elements.
Took me a while to get a hang of the navel battles, but now I'm an undefeated Red Flag Pirate hated and feared by every faction in the game and win every one. Success!
8/10 - would betray The Crown again.
(Attachment Link)

It looks like a fun game, I just looked into it :)

I've read one of the reviews:

Benjamin dropped a powder keg, causes damage to the hull; I let him off with a warning

Benjamin dropped another powder keg; I give him one lashing

Benjamin is caught stealing a lot of food; I whip the crap out of him, but give him some medicine

Benjamin dies; We chuck his body in the sea

Pull into port, go to bar, Benjamin is there

"I was just unconscious you gits!"-Benjamin

Benjamin is back on the crew

Benjamin gets injured in battle; Amputate leg, followed by medicine, again

Benjamin is not happy and incites a mutiny; I shoot Benjamin

Benjamin dies; We chuck his body in the sea

Bump into the devil, play special pipe, Benjamin rises from the dead

Benjamin is back on the crew... Minus a soul

Benjamin is now best and most reliable of my crew

Great Game!

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1247 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 10:09:56 »
playing shtuff that I can't talk about due to NDA's, but both are extraction PvEvP based.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1248 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 18:08:26 »
TotK

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1249 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 21:23:44 »
Excited to play Moon, got the physical translated version coming on the Switch this week. I've been interested in playing this game since I was a kid, as it seems like a unique off-beat RPG akin to things like Earthbound. The developer has a huge catalogue of very weird games to their name.
Not huge into RPGs as I get older, so hoping it will hold my attention.