geekhack Community > Off Topic

WTBorrow: Topre 87U

(1/1)

wellington1869:
Hmmm, posted this in marketplace but for some reason it didnt show up there. So posting it here for good measure.

------------------------------------
Having come into some money recently, I'm trying to decide whether to buy an 87U. Its a big investment. I've tried topre before (very briefly in a coffee shop).

I'd like to have one for a couple days to help me decide if $250-$300 is worth it for me.

So I'm hoping one of you kindly Topre owners/evangelicals would consider letting me borrow yours.

If via mail, I'd pay shipping both ways PLUS some amount to be negotiated if you like. (For instance, how about $10 for a beer or two? Actually name your price, i'd seriously consider any offer). We can work out something if you want collateral (whcih would be entirely understandable of course). Maybe I'll pay you for it and then you refund me when I send it back. (Or if you're looking to sell it anyway, and I decided i do want one, then I just keep it and you keep the money etc).

Any takers? Help a poor college student decide whether to spend $250 on a keyboard? :)

I suppose ideally you'd live in NYC and we can just meet in person :) Either way.

A shot in the dark I know, but figured it cant hurt to try. I'd much rather try out the topre in person before shelling out the money to buy one. (I know, I could resell it anyway, as I do with sub-$100 boards all the time, but $250 just seems like sooooo much to invest up front). Anyway I might end up doing that if I cant find one to borrow I guess.

Thanks much.

wheel83:
I can let you borrow a Mini if you sound dampen it lol

topre is nice, but if you enjoy stronger springs, then a model m cant be replaced.

wellington1869:

--- Quote from: wheel83;97167 ---I can let you borrow a Mini if you sound dampen it lol

topre is nice, but if you enjoy stronger springs, then a model m cant be replaced.
--- End quote ---

lol wheels, you sure you dont want to do the sound dampening yourself? its easy, and you can do it while watching tv :) Its just takes some time thats all. The procedure itself is a piece of cake.

I thought of you when I posted this lol. I checked your sig to see if you had any topres ;)

stronger springs - ya i do prefer stronger springs, which is why i'd want to test the topre before buying it. At about 55gm, I think it may be okay, but i cant be sure until i've tried it for a couple of days. Hence my desire to borrow one if at all possible... I know its a shot in the dark.

wheel83:
I owned the 87u and  I traded it to a GH member for a mini and some cash.  However I do intend on buying the same 55g 87u in the future, but it is not on the top of any of my lists right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version