Author Topic: [eBay]Candy Corn Click Clack + More  (Read 19984 times)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: [eBay]Candy Corn Click Clack + More
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:21:39 »
Ya'll are cray-cray for some clacks.

Anything for that plastic bruh

Yea, I can't imagine who here would possibly pay substantially above retail for something keyboard-related.

Yeah I can't imagine either, after all I paid the retail prices for all my boards except for one.

And yet you're still here. The highest bidder here could be a first time buyer too. That'd put him in the same exact position as you.

And I know you probably overpaid for just one, it's the single one I thought of.

I'm here because you replied to my comment lol. I never said I was perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but if this trend continues for artisans than it will be just ask outrageous as it has become for kustoms. There is no chance of recovering the market for boards at their original value because most boards have had several owners whom have previously paid a mark up for them. All I'm saying is sell for what you paid, is there a crime for that? This is a hobby, not a place to make a quick buck.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:48:20 »

Yea, I can't imagine who here would possibly pay substantially above retail for something keyboard-related.

Yeah I can't imagine either, after all I paid the retail prices for all my boards except for one.

And yet you're still here. The highest bidder here could be a first time buyer too. That'd put him in the same exact position as you.

And I know you probably overpaid for just one, it's the single one I thought of.

I'm here because you replied to my comment lol. I never said I was perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but if this trend continues for artisans than it will be just ask outrageous as it has become for kustoms. There is no chance of recovering the market for boards at their original value because most boards have had several owners whom have previously paid a mark up for them. All I'm saying is sell for what you paid, is there a crime for that? This is a hobby, not a place to make a quick buck.

It's already on the level of kustoms. With the amount of artisans that have been flipped already, I think it's safe to assume that plenty of people selling them are just getting back what they paid. But just like any rare, limited-quantity item, they're going to get sold for more than retail, it's an inevitability. People complaining in every thread just isn't going to do anything.

I'm also just saying it's hypocritical for people that have paid the extra price for convenience themselves to complain about it. Not trying to single you out or anything, tons of people do it, and you weren't the first and certainly won't be the last.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 21:02:19 »

It's already on the level of kustoms. With the amount of artisans that have been flipped already, I think it's safe to assume that plenty of people selling them are just getting back what they paid. But just like any rare, limited-quantity item, they're going to get sold for more than retail, it's an inevitability. People complaining in every thread just isn't going to do anything.

I'm also just saying it's hypocritical for people that have paid the extra price for convenience themselves to complain about it. Not trying to single you out or anything, tons of people do it, and you weren't the first and certainly won't be the last.

I agree that it's bound to happen but we could at least try to postpone the inevitability as much as we can. I just don't see it as people are trying to get back what they paid when they put the item up on eBay. Look at OTD.kr though, it's against the rules to sell a board for more than face value or you'll get banned. I obviously don't see geekhack going to that extreme but I like the concept of it.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 21:03:38 »

I agree that it's bound to happen but we could at least try to postpone the inevitability as much as we can. I just don't see it as people are trying to get back what they paid when they put the item up on eBay. Look at OTD.kr though, it's against the rules to sell a board for more than face value or you'll get banned. I obviously don't see geekhack going to that extreme but I like the concept of it.

OTD has a few rules around their boards, people find ways around them. How do you think you got that 360 or I got a 456?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 21:25:38 »

OTD has a few rules around their boards, people find ways around them. How do you think you got that 360 or I got a 456?

There will always be loopholes, I never doubted that. It's the principle, if it is viewed as an immoral thing to do as a collective than it will obviously deter more to sell for profit than not doing anything at all.

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 22:27:37 »
Why'd the drunken skull just go for 250? Isn't that rather low for one?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 23:26:55 »
Why'd the drunken skull just go for 250? Isn't that rather low for one?

Not at all. That is fairly high for a Drunken.

Offline w00zie

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:15:45 »
Red mx goes for $182.50
Hack Orange mx goes for $270.00...

Offline theginginator

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 20:45:02 »
How did both the red and orange clacks go for way more than the 3D clack..., out of my price range either way but i thought the 3D clacks sold for more than the solid color ones.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 20:55:05 »
How did both the red and orange clacks go for way more than the 3D clack..., out of my price range either way but i thought the 3D clacks sold for more than the solid color ones.

Quite possible that there was just too much to bid on at the same time? (e.g. only have monet for 1 item, already have a 3D want a HO)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:16:44 »
Let's see if the topre HO can keep up!

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:25:24 »
This is a race with no winners. :/

Well except the seller, I guess.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 22:40:35 »

I win!

There's a HO for $180+fees in classifieds. If eBay goes higher, I will giggle.

Again, I need some more HOs, who wants to crowdfund for me?

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 23:05:45 »

I win!

I thought of u bb. you only need one more dont you?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 23:13:33 »

I win!

I'll crowdfund by buying something off ya.  :))

Don't you have enough HOs already?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 23:27:50 »

I win!

I thought of u bb. you only need one more dont you?

Two, when I'm home next week I'll be working on trading for them.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 23:38:36 »
Don't you have enough HOs already?

needs a ro of ho's mang

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 23:47:21 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 18:44:00 »
Added two Brobots.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:40:45 »
Red mx goes for $182.50

Who makes these numbers? Honest question don't crucify me.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:42:17 »
Red mx goes for $182.50

Who makes these numbers? Honest question don't crucify me.

Whoever decides they want to buy them. People have their own maximum estimate of what they think the cap is worth, and will bid on it until it reaches that point.