Author Topic: Stabilizers  (Read 1249 times)

Offline ottoxf

Stabilizers
« on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 05:36:35 »
I am making my first custom keyboard build and need to know what stabilizers to get, and what mods to do. I am using gateron black ink v2's as my switches. Which stabilizers should I use for these, and what mods should I make to them.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
Re: Stabilizers
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 08:17:48 »
I just go with Cherry stabs. Taeha Types does a great tutorial on how to clip and lube stabilizers. Good luck!

And welcome doomed mortal.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 08:43:57 »
With kit parts, which plate and PCB you get will decide which type of stabilisers that can be used. Larger cutouts in the plate are for PCB-mounted Cherry stabilisers, and those are the most common these days.

Offline twohands

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 16:44:59 »
The most common types are costar, cherry plate mount, cherry PCB mount. Whether and which you can get will be decided by your plate and PCB. However, some are compatible with multiple, so you can choose. Costar works pretty well, but people find it annoying to attach/remove. Plate mount has a bit more flexibility in terms of installing/uninstalling without desolder (they can be installed from above the plate). I prefer PCB mount the most, but they have to be installed on PCB before attaching plate.

Quality stabilizer kits aren't cheap - Durock or ZealPC are in the 30USD range, but IMO if you want stabilizers you may as well get good ones.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 12:07:31 »
Cherry clip in 
Durock wire
Dielectric grease
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!