Author Topic: Moderation Team User  (Read 2962 times)

Offline EpicSNES

• how do i keyboard
Moderation Team User
« on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 04:24:13 »
Hey I just had a question if the Moderation Team User is actually the right form of contact for help with the site. I've been very patient and asked for a thread to be moved, and also had a question about GIF's as profile pics but haven't received any answer. http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=34190

Filco Tenkeyless mx blue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Moderation Team User
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 04:48:26 »
That is a generic account used by all moderators when they want to hide behind a veil of anonymity :p

Have you been waiting long?  Mods mods are volunteers, and don't work 24 hour shifts.

If in doubt, go to the GH home page, scroll to the bottom to see the list of online users.  The ones whose names are in blue are moderators who are online at the time.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline EpicSNES

• how do i keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 05:05:47 »
That is a generic account used by all moderators when they want to hide behind a veil of anonymity :p

Have you been waiting long?  Mods mods are volunteers, and don't work 24 hour shifts.

If in doubt, go to the GH home page, scroll to the bottom to see the list of online users.  The ones whose names are in blue are moderators who are online at the time.

Oh yeah, I'm well aware they're volunteers :p

I've been waiting since July 14th for a thread to be moved to Ergo. The other one was more recent (just a few days ago)

Filco Tenkeyless mx blue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 06:16:30 »

Oh yeah, I'm well aware they're volunteers :p

I've been waiting since July 14th for a thread to be moved to Ergo. The other one was more recent (just a few days ago)

You have indeed been very patient!

Have you tried PMing one of the online mods lately?  They usually respond quicker than that!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 06:27:54 »
If you've been waiting that long, I'd imagine its been missed over by one of the mods by accident, usualy it takes them >an hour
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 08:58:15 »
In my experience just report the thread or post in question.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 15:13:33 »
Aw man gif avatars are gone? I just made one (the one shown currently) and was wondering what was up with it not working.

Had to put up with Pacifists stupid avatar for so long and now I can't have a subtle/not-annoying one because of him ruining it for everyone...
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 15:16:42 by GSimon »

Offline awong

• ★★★★★★★★★★★★
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 15:18:36 »
Aw man gif avatars are gone? I just made one (the one shown currently) and was wondering what was up with it not working.

Had to put up with Pacifists stupid avatar for so long and now I can't have a subtle/not-annoying one because of him ruining it for everyone...
I look at Pacifists avatar and it is still a GIF: http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31090

Offline GSimon

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 15:38:27 »

I look at Pacifists avatar and it is still a GIF: http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31090
Show Image

Maybe he uploaded it before the changes took place? Even seeing that new avatar of his is annoying when browsing old threads where he's always the first to comment. Ugh, can the mods just pull a ripster and delete all of his posts now that he's gone?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 20:45:25 »
I don't believe .gif avatars have been removed, but I will check with the other mods/admins to see if they know anything about it.

What was the original resolution of your .gif?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)