Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1622764 times)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
Re: GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #850 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 19:52:32 »
Is Last Pilot's design going to be a sticker option? i would get one maybe to go along with the main design

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #851 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 19:52:40 »
Just to confirm: the GH60 (max keys) layout can be achieved with the universal plate, correct?

Is there any advantage to the GH60 plate?  I feel like if a plate can use every key position (the universal plate) it should be basically the same as the plate that uses maximum keys (the GH60 plate).

The specialized plates have cutouts specific to the layout where as the universal plate has spots that are widened to fit multiple configurations and the switch will not be as secure. These insecure positions are recommended to have pcb mount switches.

It is something to be aware of although the plate mount switches should electrically connect.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #852 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 19:58:30 »
Is Last Pilot's design going to be a sticker option? i would get one maybe to go along with the main design

Lastpilot's design will be THE official sticker design, and will be offered separately from this GB.

I should suggest to komar that he use that design on the final PCB revision, huh?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #853 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 20:00:06 »

Lastpilot's design will be THE official sticker design, and will be offered separately from this GB.

I should suggest to komar that he use that design on the final PCB revision, huh?

Looks good to me. i guess i meant to say Color, and not Design, since that design was posted in another thread (i think right?)

regardless looks cool. final gonna be all pink? :D

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #854 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 22:10:26 »
A brushed aluminum looking sticker would be cool... though perhaps too detailed on the keyboard.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #855 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 22:15:27 »
But if I'm not typing on mine by this Fall...  :-*

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #856 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 22:24:56 »
aggiejy, that first one looks really nice. Clean, yet not boring. I'm not digging the rust or the ice though. That ice looks a bit fake lol.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #857 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 22:28:55 »
So, any guesstimate on switch prices?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #858 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 22:35:37 »
From the GH60 Metallic Sticker thread...i like both those colors..i also like Aggiejy's...and the pink one

One of everything for me!

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #859 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 22:36:24 »
aggiejy, that first one looks really nice. Clean, yet not boring. I'm not digging the rust or the ice though. That ice looks a bit fake lol.

Haha, the rust and ice was a gaudy attempt as a lame joke... ie, SEND ME MY PCB before hell freezes over! ;-)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #860 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 22:37:37 »
What do you think the per unit price for Whites will be?  I'm still on the fence between spending too much and buying some Whites and tossing the springs from my Clears into some Reds I have (since there's no name for that yet that I've seen, I am naming them Ghost Reds).  If it's not too expensive, I'll probably get some.
So, any guesstimate on switch prices?

We're still working on it. You're welcome to order directly from 7bit on DT, but we're no longer integrating preorders with this GB. What I have NOT posted yet was that he increased in preorder prices (compared to what I previously mentioned in the OP), and they will be even higher once preorders are over. Also MOQ for each switch was increased to 4000. This is straight from 7bit.

We're working on another source right now, and if it works out, it should be either same or cheaper than the lowest price I have linked in the OP right now (60cents per switch). We still need to account for added fees and shipping though.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #861 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 23:13:54 »

this would be awesome!!!! was going to suggest that! nice one jdcarpe!

A brushed aluminum looking sticker would be cool... though perhaps too detailed on the keyboard.

(Attachment Link)
this looks good! i think if it is a plate, it would be perfect! like the one jdcarpe make to put on his alu case!

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #862 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 06:30:05 »
We're still working on it. You're welcome to order directly from 7bit on DT, but we're no longer integrating preorders with this GB. What I have NOT posted yet was that he increased in preorder prices (compared to what I previously mentioned in the OP), and they will be even higher once preorders are over. Also MOQ for each switch was increased to 4000. This is straight from 7bit.

We're working on another source right now, and if it works out, it should be either same or cheaper than the lowest price I have linked in the OP right now (60cents per switch). We still need to account for added fees and shipping though.
Shipping from me to the distributors is free and I doubt there will be another source except you find old stock.

Preorder prices:
They where and are 0.54 EUR per switch. Within this group buy, I will not raise these prices, unless Cherry raises their price even more.

The 0.27 EUR per switch where 50% pre-payments which don't work out when I've got to order 4000 of a type instead of just 1000. So, I'm asking now for 100% payment.

I still wait for an answer if the MOQ can be a bit lower. Higher price and a higher MOQ is really a bit too much. With the amount of money that went in I can only order 3 different types of switches (12000 in total).
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 April 2013, 07:04:22 by 7bit »
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Online HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #863 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 23:02:31 »
Can I request a PM to confirm my order is what I'd like it to be?  I've made a few modifications to my order since I placed it, so I just want to make sure everything is what it should be.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #864 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 07:01:00 »
Just placed an order for PCB mount stabilizers :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #865 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 10:19:32 »
Can I request a PM to confirm my order is what I'd like it to be?  I've made a few modifications to my order since I placed it, so I just want to make sure everything is what it should be.

Sent you a PM. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #866 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 10:23:55 »
If it becomes reality, it looks like alixinhzai has brought my Acrylic case to life, and quite nicely, too.

So unless that case (thread here) doesn't happen, I'm asking my supporters to switch to alixinhzai.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Sai

« Reply #867 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 10:26:04 »
If it becomes reality, it looks like alixinhzai has brought my Acrylic case to life, and quite nicely, too.

Show Image

So unless that case (thread here) doesn't happen, I'm asking my supporters to switch to alixinhzai.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

yep. i am switching to him. just asking him for w/r/w case like LZ. :D
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #868 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 11:20:01 »
yep. i am switching to him. just asking him for w/r/w case like LZ. :D

Probably faster shipping to you, too.  Please post a review once you get yours!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Sai

« Reply #869 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 11:24:25 »
yes, sir. I'll try to do the review.  :)
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Wraul

« Reply #870 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 12:32:17 »
Could someone please pm me my order.
I would like to check if I need to do any last minute changes.

Also I like to clarify that I'm fully aware that the stabilizers come in complete sets.
And yes I have order quite a lot of them. I might even add a couple more.
Better safe than sorry. You never know when you might need a stabilizer.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #871 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 12:49:04 »
So has it been figured out about how this GB might proceed with the 10x spacebar layout plates?

Offline osxoep

« Reply #872 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 16:43:53 »
Just to confirm, I've posted a request to change my order to:

0 x Switches
2 x GH60 PCBs
1 x ISO 1.5x (Pure Shift) Plate
1 x Cherry Plate Stabs
1 x Cherry PCB Stabs

I've already got another source for switches, so except a USB cable, case and keycaps, that's all I need?
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #873 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 07:58:27 »
Just to confirm,
I've already got another source for switches, so except a USB cable, case and keycaps, that's all I need?
You are correct. :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #874 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 08:22:15 »
Could someone please pm me my order.
I would like to check if I need to do any last minute changes.

Also I like to clarify that I'm fully aware that the stabilizers come in complete sets.
And yes I have order quite a lot of them. I might even add a couple more.
Better safe than sorry. You never know when you might need a stabilizer.

Sent you a PM. :)

Just to confirm, I've posted a request to change my order to:

0 x Switches
2 x GH60 PCBs
1 x ISO 1.5x (Pure Shift) Plate
1 x Cherry Plate Stabs
1 x Cherry PCB Stabs

Yes, that's what I have for your order.

in memoriam

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #875 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 08:50:06 »
So has it been figured out about how this GB might proceed with the 10x spacebar layout plates?

Retro DSA recently caused me to spend some time looking at the specs for spacebars of many lengths, and I think we could create a GH60 plate that would support various long bars.  Specifically 8x, 9x, 9.75x, and 10x, which share some/all mounting dimensions.

(Yes, those people who think their 10x is only 9.75x long -- it IS only 9.75x long.  Those are from WYSE terminal boards.  They will fit on the same mounts, but there will be visible gaps on the bottom row.)

Anyhow, jdcarpe was going to/has sent me the DWG for the long spacebar plate.  I'll take that and check it against the list of spacebars above and possibly make adjustments so as many as possible will fit on the GH60.

Then, because it would look extra-awesome, we'll include long spacebars in the Retro Green/Blue GB so that people can make GH60 versions of the Nuclear Data boards.

FWIW,

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline bugsaint

« Reply #876 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 08:53:35 »
Order submitted for:

1x PCB
1x Poker plate
1x Plate mounted cherry stabilizers (6.25 wire)
1x Asssembly service.

As I'm in the UK, I'll get the switches from 7bit (used him before and happy to use him again) and tag the order with GH60 so they get shipped to Komar... I assume.

Now to source an (any non plastic) case.  Ideas?

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #877 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 08:56:03 »

Then, because it would look extra-awesome, we'll include long spacebars in the Retro Green/Blue GB so that people can make GH60 versions of the Nuclear Data boards.

^This!  Yes, Please!    :cool:

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #878 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 12:29:17 »
Just submitted an order for two complete ISO sets.

My poor wallet...

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #879 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 12:31:00 »
Going to submit my order soon for 1 WKL Setup and 1 Regular Poker setup

i have put so much thought and time into this order...

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #880 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 12:39:18 »
10x spacebar layout plates?
10x spacebar layout plates
10x spacebar layout
10x spacebar
10x

/sploosh

If there is going to be a plate that supports 10x spacebar I mush have it.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #881 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 13:20:10 »
I think we should add this plate (I can add ISO version as well), which supports bottom row layouts of:

1.50-1.00-10.00-1.00-1.50

1.25-1.25-10.00-1.25-1.25

1.50-1.00-1.50-7.00-1.50-1.00-1.50

in memoriam

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #882 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 13:35:03 »
I understand if this is a no, but would it be possible to just change the bottom row of the following plates to that bottom row: ANSI 1.5, ANSI 1.5 Pure, ISO 1.5, ISO 1.5 Pure?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #883 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 13:37:00 »
I would think it could replace any of the 1.5x plates, including "True HHKB" etc.

in memoriam

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #884 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 13:38:41 »
Too many plates! AHH!

Offline Index

« Reply #885 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 13:40:53 »
Can someone pm my order? Need to make sure I ordered the correct items. Thanks in advance!
Gaming Keyboard: Leopold FC200RT/ABN
Work Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 PD-KB400B

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #886 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 13:46:23 »
I would think it could replace any of the 1.5x plates, including "True HHKB" etc.
Mhm, mhm. I like where this is going.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #887 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 14:01:47 »

Excellent idea! I believe WFD was talking about this possibility earlier in the thread. I would love to see this, it would make my decision on what to order somewhat easier. I have been holding off so far so I don't end up asking for a million order changes...

jd, if/when this decision is made, can you post it? I will go ahead and make a final order decision at that time. Thanks
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #888 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 14:08:37 »
So the 1.5x plate is being removed and a 10x spacebar plate is replacing it? :/

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #889 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 14:08:44 »
I think 1.25 1.25 10 1.25 1.25 with 1.75x shift and 1x to the right of shift would be ideal for me. Although 1.5 1x 10 1 1.5 is also  enticing, but harder to have a 1x alt key. As long as I can use one of my  10x spacebars I have sitting around I'll be quite happy. I'll hold off on order changing until the plate options supporting 10x spacebar are solidified.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #890 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 14:09:07 »
I think we should add this plate (I can add ISO version as well), which supports bottom row layouts of:

1.50-1.00-10.00-1.00-1.50

1.25-1.25-10.00-1.25-1.25

1.50-1.00-1.50-7.00-1.50-1.00-1.50

Show Image

Thank jdcarpe for the DWG file.

Comparing that with documents from DT and SP,  I can confirm that this plate will work for 7x Cherry and 10x Cherry.  Also you could fit a 9.75 Wyse with small gaps, and an 8x spacebar, although I don't know if there is a mod combo on the PCB that adds up to 3.5 on each side (e.g. 1.5-1-1 or 1.25-1-1.25.)

SP has molds for 8x and 9x, and I have requested mounting specs for those to see if they will fit as well.

I agree that this plate ought to be made, and also that perhaps it should have "universal" mounts for the mods.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #891 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 14:37:50 »
I already have all the plate designs worked out after this post, so here's what is happening:

All plates with 1.5x modifier spacing will have additional cutouts for a 10x (also 8x and 9x) spacebar. Meaning it's compatible with both 7x - 10x spacebars. There is also a "universal" plate that supports every layout except ones with inner 1.25x modifiers. It's basically the same exact one as this post but with cuttouts for 7x spacebar, which is almost identical to the one jdcarpe just posted. This will probably be special made one since I don't imagine will get high quantity orders. I tried to integrate this with the current universal plate, but the overlaps make this impossible.

The replica HHKB layout with 6x offset spacebar can just use the current univeral plate design, it's perfectly compatible.

I'll post a pic this new plate and updated plates when I get home. I already sent the universal plate design for prototype.

Offline noxwood

« Reply #892 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 20:02:53 »
If I want just a split backspace on US-ANSI, will HHKB work or will I have to go for ANSI-UNI?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #893 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 21:29:13 »
Quick question...while i make final edits..

Fug Costars

Which Cherrys Should i go for?

is there a huge difference between PCB mounted and Plate Mounted? My Pure and Poker both have PCB...but would Plate mounted be better?

looking for opinions yall

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #894 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 21:43:54 »
If you have a plate, might as well take advantage of using plate-mounted stabilizers. Also, you can swap them out much easier. If you use PCB-mounted cherry stabilizers, it's impossible to remove without desoldering all your switches and taking off the plate. If you don't use a plate, then well, you don't really have a choice. And also the universal plate doesn't give you a choice either, you need to use PCB-mounted cherries.

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #895 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 21:44:08 »
I believe plate-mounted to be superior then the PCB mounted. Mainly because it feels more stable and I've had errors with PCB mount and nothing has ever come with the plate-mounted.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #896 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 22:07:13 »
If you have a plate, might as well take advantage of using plate-mounted stabilizers. Also, you can swap them out much easier. If you use PCB-mounted cherry stabilizers, it's impossible to remove without desoldering all your switches and taking off the plate. If you don't use a plate, then well, you don't really have a choice. And also the universal plate doesn't give you a choice either, you need to use PCB-mounted cherries.

will have a plate for my WinKeyless GH60

and if i can afford a second, will have a plate for my 'poker' style GH60

so i should go with plate mounted?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #897 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 22:35:47 »
If anyone wants some 10x space bars... I've got lots of them.

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #898 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 22:45:57 »
Is PCB Mount Cherry Stabilizers really that big of a "drawback" on the universal plates, or is the "drawback" part the lack of options?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #899 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 22:49:26 »
one last thing...what's the difference between the Universal ANSI plate and the Poker Plate?

if i want a standard poker layout...i should get a poker plate correct

(herp derp question)