Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1620793 times)

Offline elton5354

Re: GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #1000 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:54:21 »
I wonder if the price of the plates will go down. The first round of plates by Beast were only $10

Offline OddOne

« Reply #1001 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 20:19:47 »
Just placed my order.  Going for a wkl pure layout.  Thanks to everyone who made this possible.

Cheers, OddOne
CM Quickfire Rapid   |   Rosewill RK-9000BR  |  CM Quickfire Rapid  |

Offline cobraj

« Reply #1002 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 22:17:48 »
I wonder if the price of the plates will go down. The first round of plates by Beast were only $10

If they were only $10 I'd buy a few more :)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1003 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 22:27:13 »

There are a lot more plate variations in this GB then there were in my first GB. I essentially had one design, and one that was 99% the same with a slight variation

Also, would it be cheaper just to have everything pre-SMD soldered and combine the DIY and the non-DIY for a larger, cheaper, single price (also easier to pack/ship/sort)?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1004 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 22:32:19 »
Also, would it be cheaper just to have everything pre-SMD soldered and combine the DIY and the non-DIY for a larger, cheaper, single price (also easier to pack/ship/sort)?

I'm also curious about this :)

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #1005 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 23:06:52 »
Order submitted :)

Keen as for this!
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline cobraj

« Reply #1006 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 00:28:27 »
Order submitted :)

Keen as for this!

YEA BUDDY!

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #1007 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 02:39:26 »

There are a lot more plate variations in this GB then there were in my first GB. I essentially had one design, and one that was 99% the same with a slight variation

Not sure it would be cheaper, but for sure it would be less hassle. We wouldn't have to pack the components into bags. 14 prototypes took me a few hours of cutting tape and counting, and the shielded bags aren't cheap either.

But I think some people just want to solder on their own.
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #1008 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 03:34:54 »
I have very little knowledge on PCB assembly and I would like to learn more about it.
1. What is stopping you all from getting it machine assembled?
2. If it is cost, how much are we talking about?

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #1009 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 03:57:04 »
Nothing's stopping us. Some people just want to solder themselves. The $30 price includes machine assembly.
Switches remain to be soldered at home in both cases of course.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #1010 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 07:09:36 »
I'm fine with combining, not a big deal. I mainly was doing DIY for cost, but at $5 difference, I can practice my smd soldering elsewhere. If done with pick and place, you should just have that one option. :-)

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1011 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 07:16:33 »
We're sourcing the cheapest parts from the US and Europe for the DIY kit.

It's cool that you save everyone money, but won't "getting the cheapest parts" make the final product suffer?

Offline Kmynis

« Reply #1012 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 08:18:34 »

It's cool that you save everyone money, but won't "getting the cheapest parts" make the final product suffer?

Not really in this case. Keyboard is more of a digital thing than analog so there is no space for distortions and so on. What matters more is the soldering which affects the durability of the keyboard.
HHKB Type-S
Filco TKL MX Red

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1013 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 08:27:30 »

Not really in this case. Keyboard is more of a digital thing than analog so there is no space for distortions and so on. What matters more is the soldering which affects the durability of the keyboard.

Thanks for answering :) It was really just curiosity.

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #1014 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:03:44 »
Hi, is there a list or spreadsheet of the orders anywhere?  I'm very likely blind and it's in a very obvious area, but I couldn't for the life of me find it.
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline Shinryuu

« Reply #1015 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:05:46 »
It seems I have to cancel my order because I'm not going to have much money for a while because I'm unemployed and I have to spend it for living. Hope this message reaches before the deadline :)
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1016 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:05:53 »
How many people really ordered the DIY? Would switching them over (likely against the wont of some) really make a difference in the overall price? Just curious.

Offline battletux

« Reply #1017 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:08:46 »
Just wondering how I can go about amending my order to add a 2nd pcb? At $30 I best get a 2nd for work!

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:10:03 »
Just wondering how I can go about amending my order to add a 2nd pcb? At $30 I best get a 2nd for work!

There's a huge link in the OP to modify your order  ;D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1019 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:15:05 »
It seems I have to cancel my order because I'm not going to have much money for a while because I'm unemployed and I have to spend it for living. Hope this message reaches before the deadline :)

So sorry to hear that. I have cancelled your order. :'(
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #1020 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:18:06 »

Hah! I guess where it says order changes.... that's the spot right??  ;D

I guess I was hoping to find a place where I could see what I had originally ordered.
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1021 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:21:27 »

I guess I was hoping to find a place where I could see what I had originally ordered.

I believe the only way to see your order is to ask the staff for a PM with it.

Sidenote: Hasn't anyone come around to make something like a "group buy organizing web app"?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1022 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:35:18 »
There is one.  It was used for the Retro DSA GB.  I have no idea why they went with the awkward Google Docs system here when a much better system was available

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1023 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:35:44 »
Order forum filled out again. Can you please delete my previous orders.

Thanks!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1024 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:36:17 »
AFAIK, the system isn't available yet. It's not even in full use for DSA Retro ATM.

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1025 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 10:05:26 »
Maybe I should make such a thing, as an excuse to try out some new web dev tech  :p You guys think it would have an audience, if done right?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1026 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 10:07:53 »
If done right, yes. Matt3o's was done very well. We're all waiting to see what happens with it, and whether it will be available for future use of GBs.

Offline battletux

« Reply #1027 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 10:29:02 »

I believe the only way to see your order is to ask the staff for a PM with it.

Sidenote: Hasn't anyone come around to make something like a "group buy organizing web app"?

Thanks, glasses must be dirtier than I thought.

Offline gnubag

« Reply #1028 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 11:16:37 »
don't forget to change the price of the pcbs in the order form.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1029 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 11:32:13 »
I plan to have a lock switch on the right winkey. it will actually be programmed to be a ScrLk key that is toggleable I use this for voice comm in vent. the left winkey will also be a ScrLk key just not locking.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1030 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 12:10:37 »
There is one.  It was used for the Retro DSA GB.  I have no idea why they went with the awkward Google Docs system here when a much better system was available

Matt3o has a very efficient app that lets you check your own order and modify it. I've already PMed a while ago and he said he was working on the software, but not finished yet. Trust me, I would want that system up and running more than anyone. I'm getting a lot of PMs just to verify order, but there is no other way. Google doc is the 2nd most efficient way so the requests are saved somewhere until we have time to change it. Changing order by PM could be a big mess if they aren't done right when they're read.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1031 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 13:07:37 »

Matt3o has a very efficient app that lets you check your own order and modify it. I've already PMed a while ago and he said he was working on the software, but not finished yet. Trust me, I would want that system up and running more than anyone. I'm getting a lot of PMs just to verify order, but there is no other way. Google doc is the 2nd most efficient way so the requests are saved somewhere until we have time to change it. Changing order by PM could be a big mess if they aren't done right when they're read.

Why not link all the order data (no addresses or names) to another google doc and then make that one public?

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline salmo

• messmore.org
« Reply #1032 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 13:37:02 »
Why not link all the order data (no addresses or names) to another google doc and then make that one public?

This would be very nice.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1033 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 13:38:29 »

Show me how to do this please.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #1034 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 14:43:11 »
When I ordered the acrylic case from alixinhzai after I filled the form I got a link where you can edit your order.
Shame that doesn't work on GH60. Any idea how to do this? Maybe we could change that behavior and generate those links and send them to the people.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1035 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 15:20:43 »

How do I link data to auto update as they get filled out? I tried doing this and I think this isn't an option. Only way is to copy/paste to another spreadsheet and make it public. This is still manual work of constantly copy/pasting every time an order is filled in, and order changes still must be done manually. How do I allow users to change their own order?

Offline Viett

« Reply #1036 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 15:24:31 »
Show me how to do this please.

The function is importrange(). You can find information here. Here is an example of a public document I made with references to a private document:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq3q9uSv12TbdGlqS0lVOURydTB6QldVeEVnNlhFeFE#gid=0

You can see that I used the function:

Code: [Select]
=importrange("0Aq3q9uSv12TbdHZ0RzBSRDctTzZaalBtWnZvQ3JzTnc","B:B")
where "0Aq3q9uSv12TbdHZ0RzBSRDctTzZaalBtWnZvQ3JzTnc" is the private document key (found in the URL of the private document).
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 April 2013, 15:30:50 by Viett »
Keyboards: FKBN87MC/NPEK, Dell AT101W (Black), IBM Model M 1391401 (91) x 2, Deck 82 Fire, Cherry MX8100 (Clears), Siig Minitouch
Layouts: Colemak (100WPM), QWERTY (100WPM) -- Alternative Layouts Review

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1037 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 16:55:16 »
^ THANK YOU, I got it working  :-* ;)

Offline Nunez

• BACK!
« Reply #1038 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 17:59:34 »
oooo nice!

Pity G-docs is blocked at work :(
I miss Ripster :(
HHKB Pro 2 || KBC Poker || Filco MJ2

Offline Index

« Reply #1039 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 18:41:04 »
Can someone pm my order? Need to make sure I ordered the correct items. Thanks in advance!
Gaming Keyboard: Leopold FC200RT/ABN
Work Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 PD-KB400B

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1040 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 18:44:28 »
^ THANK YOU, I got it working  :-* ;)

Yup, you can do certain columns as well. A:A = names, B:B = address, C:C = order, so copy everything but B:B for example

only thing it can't do is order changes, but you can just have everyone submit new orders and (maybe) have a script delete older entries

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #1041 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 20:06:52 »
Does anyone have the dimensions of the GH60 pcb or autoCAD files? I am working on designing an acrylic/ polycarb case. I can post it here once I am done.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1042 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 21:10:18 »
Here are your orders. I think from now on, if you need to change an order, just submit a new order, fill now the order change sheet to delete old order. That's faster than us manually changing stuff. But in the new order, put in the comments section "new updated order". Use Ctrl + F and search for yourself since there are a lot of entries.

red  = GH PCB
green = plates

Order confirmation
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 April 2013, 21:12:35 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1043 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 21:40:13 »
Here are your orders. I think from now on, if you need to change an order, just submit a new order, fill now the order change sheet to delete old order. That's faster than us manually changing stuff. But in the new order, put in the comments section "new updated order". Use Ctrl + F and search for yourself since there are a lot of entries.

red  = GH PCB
green = plates

Order confirmation

Any chance you can Freeze the top row so the users at the bottom can easily see what the columns correspond to without scrolling up and down?  Regardless, the order confirmation form is superb!  Thanks for that!

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1044 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 21:58:17 »
Looks like I need to submit a new order.  The order modification I filled out seemed to have wiped out my first order.   :(

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1045 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 22:00:22 »
order is done as soon as i figure out how im getting my mx whites :D

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #1046 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 22:02:04 »
The case thing is a huge bummer.  :confused:

I would love to order a GH60. But there's no abundant, cheap cases to be had. Something simple like Poker/Pure.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1047 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 22:26:23 »

I would love to order a GH60. But there's no abundant, cheap cases to be had. Something simple like Poker/Pure.
You just missed the custom acrylic case GB

Offline cyberwave

« Reply #1048 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 22:35:14 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40468.0 this?

there would be round #2 and beyond :)

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #1049 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 22:50:21 »

I saw the ones by alixinhzai, I wasn't 100% into them. And $55 shipped, is more than I need. A mass-produced, cheap tray like Poker/Pure would be ideal.

*** I looked at them again, it's not so bad. But still...