Author Topic: LeandreN Mekanisk's Projects  (Read 81766 times)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Re: LeandreN Mekanisk's Projects
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 09:41:37 »
Just saw the revo one on massdrop.  Despite the finish, wouldn't you say the two cases are very similar?  Any idea which one is thicker? I love thick side bezels

I think the Revo one might be a bit thicker and higher. By that I mean that the slope might start higher than the Klippe, or even higher than the Fjell.
It also looks like the wall-profile is a bit lower(shows more of the keycaps, even switches, see M65-A) than the Klippe case will. It looks like it has more border between the keycaps and the case walls, but it is difficult to determine.

It has no middle support, and less PCB supports than the Klippe.

Aside from that, it is a bit cheaper, has a more unique finish and colors.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 09:46:59 »
First priority now is making the Klippe case available. I might also run a GB myself for them.

My next will be to collaborate with a vendor on the Fjell classic and the Fjell pro.
We the klippe case the "basic" and if so is there an estimated gb date? I don't want to buy the revo one if yours is coming out soon

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1upkeyboards.com will stock them at the MSRP $179 in some weeks. These will probably sell out fast. I will then look into starting a group buy for them.

That sucks for all the European people :(

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 09:52:35 »
That sucks for all the European people :(

LeandreN mentioned on the previous page that there should be a GB after (or, at least in addition to the 1upkeyboards listing):

Anything for us in Europe ? I mean, you're from Europe yourself, do you know that hassle it is to import something from.the states and pay import fees :-/

That is the main reason I plan on running it myself afterwards.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 09:59:24 »
Yeah  :( I can't sit a lie I'm not disappointed that again a product I love and waiting for a long time it's sold first in US ... Buying it from US would mean either finding a proxy in order to get cheaper shipping and ditch the import taxes or ending up with a nice extra 50-60$ in shipping and taxes ...
I guess I will have to wait EU turn and watch US guys post nice photos in the meantime.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 10:13:24 »
Yeah  :( I can't sit a lie I'm not disappointed that again a product I love and waiting for a long time it's sold first in US ... Buying it from US would mean either finding a proxy in order to get cheaper shipping and ditch the import taxes or ending up with a nice extra 50-60$ in shipping and taxes ...
I guess I will have to wait EU turn and watch US guys post nice photos in the meantime.

I sell to the vendors that buy it first. If they hadnt bought i would still haev ran my GB at the same time.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 10:21:07 »
I understand your position, I guess EU guys will do like they always do, sit and wait.
Regardless of that good luck with this project  :thumb:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 11:39:28 »
Just saw the revo one on massdrop.  Despite the finish, wouldn't you say the two cases are very similar?  Any idea which one is thicker? I love thick side bezels

I think the Revo one might be a bit thicker and higher. By that I mean that the slope might start higher than the Klippe, or even higher than the Fjell.
It also looks like the wall-profile is a bit lower(shows more of the keycaps, even switches, see M65-A) than the Klippe case will. It looks like it has more border between the keycaps and the case walls, but it is difficult to determine.

It has no middle support, and less PCB supports than the Klippe.

Aside from that, it is a bit cheaper, has a more unique finish and colors.

Great info, sir.  I really like the keys down lower so I'll go with the klippe!!

Offline oli

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 04:06:20 »
very nice, sir.  I'll take 2 simple cases and 2 Fjell when they are ready :)

One request for you... can you put a standard 60% PCB and plate in it?  I want to see the gap between the edges of the plate and the case.  The one popular case on ebay/alliexpress right now is very nice, but it has a lot of extra space once you put a board in it.  I'm hoping yours will be a tighter fit

I too am very eager to find out about the fit. TEX 60% cases seem to be the tightest fit possible (outside of top-mounted kits/cases obviously) but they are hard to come by - atleast in the colour I would prefer and without incurring taxes (if bought from mechanicalkeyboards.com).

Any chance we could get a sneak peak of a fully built keyboard inside a prototype "Klippe"-case once you get a hold of one?

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 04:13:29 »

One request for you... can you put a standard 60% PCB and plate in it?  I want to see the gap between the edges of the plate and the case.  The one popular case on ebay/alliexpress right now is very nice, but it has a lot of extra space once you put a board in it.  I'm hoping yours will be a tighter fit

I too am very eager to find out about the fit. TEX 60% cases seem to be the tightest fit possible (outside of top-mounted kits/cases obviously) but they are hard to come by - atleast in the colour I would prefer and without incurring taxes (if bought from mechanicalkeyboards.com).

Any chance we could get a sneak peak of a fully built keyboard inside a prototype "Klippe"-case once you get a hold of one?
A few photos have been already posted with full builds, just look on the first page  :thumb:

Also you must take into consideration that TEX can be tight because it's  a low profile case, with the same clearance but in high profile TEX would have problems with keys rubbing the corners.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 August 2017, 04:15:29 by DanielT »

Offline oli

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 05:10:53 »

A few photos have been already posted with full builds, just look on the first page  :thumb:

Also you must take into consideration that TEX can be tight because it's  a low profile case, with the same clearance but in high profile TEX would have problems with keys rubbing the corners.

I am pretty sure that reececonrad - much like myself - was thinking of actual close-ups of the (potential) gap between plate and case. And while I acknowledge your point on the low-profile part, none of my keycaps (I've tried various sets; Cherry, OEM, DSA etc.) protrude the edge of my plate. Meaning, that if I look top-down above my board I can always see say 1 or 2mm of plate regardless of keycaps. So theoretically, if the case were to sit flush with the case, I don't think there should be any clearance issues. I might be wrong, though. Furthermore, my current Pok3r-type case (Vortex aluminium cast case) has a larger gap in the sides than the top and a larger gap in one side compared to the other. So this mostly seems to be related to poor quality assurance/alignment when making the PCB mount holes or just that cast aluminium isn't as easy to get just right/precise as CNC'd aluminium cases. In either case (no pun intended), I'm still curious as to how this will look on the Klippe.

So to specifiy; I am requesting close-ups of the alignment of a plate within the case and pictures of any (potential) gap there might be between plate and case. So most likely a "nude" (picture of a fully built keyboard without keycaps) taken from above would satisfy my query.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 August 2017, 05:12:52 by oli »

Offline mnmlisme

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 07:55:32 »
just noticed you are designing FJELL for HHKB? this would be RAD!
XD60 (gat.black) | SABER68 (gat.blue) | VORTEX Core (cherry blue) | YD40 (gatistotle)

Offline Shoah

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 07:56:34 »
It hhkb style, its not an actual case for a hhkb.

Offline mnmlisme

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 18:00:45 »
It hhkb style, its not an actual case for a hhkb.
ohh, thanks for the info :D
XD60 (gat.black) | SABER68 (gat.blue) | VORTEX Core (cherry blue) | YD40 (gatistotle)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 14:11:06 »

There are some photos in the OP.

Offline oli

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 04:30:05 »

Those do not really answer my query.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 16:14:40 »

Those do not really answer my query.
Not really an apples to oranges comparison. Tex case are low profile. This is high profile. You shouldn't really see the plate gaps even if there are any. It also gets down to what plate/pcb you use. The mounting holes may be the same but the rest isn't.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 07:08:13 »

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 07:10:45 »
Sick AF.

What other colors you got to tease us with?

Offline LDobler

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 07:12:36 »
Sick AF.

It's red ;)

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 07:27:53 »
Sick AF.

It's red ;)

Yes, yes it is red. Very philanthropic of you to help out those afflicted with faulty cones. ;)

Offline LDobler

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 07:29:33 »
Sick AF.

It's red ;)

Yes, yes it is red. Very philanthropic of you to help out those afflicted with faulty cones. ;)

haha, I hope you get a real answer soon mate ;)

Cheers

Offline Atredl

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 15:43:36 »
I can't help but be curious what the bottom of the weight is going to look like  :-X

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 15:52:01 »
I can't help but be curious what the bottom of the weight is going to look like  :-X
Same as before

Offline Atredl

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 19:51:00 »
Same as before
That's what I was hoping for :)

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 02:08:21 »
Show Image

First, a Red simple case, now a Red FJELL? LeandreN, you are amazing. Does this mean FJELL HHKB Pro will be made in red as well?

I'm so excited. I hope I'm able to get a Red FJELL and Red FJELL Pro when they're released. Thank you for adding Red to your line up! I'm gonna have to get a purple and grey one too!

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 07:02:29 »
Anybody know if the fjell cases are compatible with the XD75re pcb and plate? An ortho fjell would definitely be an endgame for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 07:05:34 »
Anybody know if the fjell cases are compatible with the XD75re pcb and plate? An ortho fjell would definitely be an endgame for me

Fjell 75% hasnt been made yet, as soon as I get those 75% standard measurments it might happen.

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 07:10:54 »

Fjell 75% hasnt been made yet, as soon as I get those 75% standard measurments it might happen.

I believe the xd75re is a 60% ortho pcb. I’ve seen it put into lambo 60% Case

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 07:56:53 »

I believe the xd75re is a 60% ortho pcb. I’ve seen it put into lambo 60% Case

This case should fit any standard 60% size pcb as far as I've read so as long as the mounting holes line up I don't see why not

Offline saalty

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 10:41:18 »
Show Image

This is amazing. This in blue to go with my Nautilus (when it arrives) is basically my endgame. I joined this forum to join this buy.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 12:35:58 »
Aaaaaand sold out .... I was really excited about the Klippe case and even with US shipping I was considering getting one... the way 1up handled this is really disappointing. Even with newsletter subscription I never had a chance... TFW you click on a link only to see there is nothing there.
Now I’m really #SaltyEdgelordFk

Congrats LeandreN for making such a good looking and popular design  :thumb:
BOOOOO to 1upsomething for not being fair ....

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 12:37:53 »
Aaaaaand sold out .... I was really excited about the Klippe case and even with US shipping I was considering getting one... the way 1up handled this is really disappointing. Even with newsletter subscription I never had a chance... TFW you click on a link only to see there is nothing there.
Now I’m really #SaltyEdgelordFk

Congrats LeandreN for making such a good looking and popular design  :thumb:
BOOOOO to 1upsomething for not being fair ....
Is your alt HotRoderx?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 12:39:17 »
it was up for a few hours yesterday....plenty of time if u were really looking for one.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 12:40:06 »
I don’t have any alts, if I have something to say I use my real user

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 12:41:02 »
Just your protege, got it.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 12:46:44 »
Just your protege, got it.

No, I don’t have any protege. I have no clue who that is, like really. In this hobby I have a couple of people I still talk with because I’m #SaltyEdgelordFk and hotroderx is not one of them. If you have solid proof you can PM me the details, my reputation is bad enough without some **** making it worst. Like really....
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 September 2017, 12:57:30 by DanielT »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 14:32:31 »
I was really excited about the Klippe case... the way 1up handled this is really disappointing.

+1  I really liked this one, but had a feeling something like this was going to happen.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 14:36:47 »
I thought I was subscribed to every thread about these cases so I wouldn't miss out again.  When did they even become available and how did everyone know? I work 60hrs a week so I can't stay glued to the forum. 

I'm so bummed......

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 14:53:30 »
I thought I was subscribed to every thread about these cases so I wouldn't miss out again.  When did they even become available and how did everyone know? I work 60hrs a week so I can't stay glued to the forum. 

I'm so bummed......
I know the feeling, when you are a kid and have nothing else to do but to stick on forums and watch TopClack it’s easy, but when you work and have a family, kids you expect a newsletter to be enough.
I must be getting a bit too old to keep up with the dynamic of this hobby ....

Something leaked on reddit/Top Clack whatever that is ...

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 15:37:12 »
Pfffttt...

Seriously ruined my day.

I think it goes without saying that I would be willing to buy someone's case, (and of course, overpay) should they need some cash.

Will someone please tell me how they found out about this?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 15:40:12 »
I don't see the big deal here? It was launched in a US store, and at a good US time. Entirely fair.

As they're stocked, I imagine the numbers are decently lower than everyone would like. Not everyone can get one, so don't take it too seriously.

More Klippes will be made, just be patient.

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 15:51:40 »
I don't see the big deal here? It was launched in a US store, and at a good US time. Entirely fair.

As they're stocked, I imagine the numbers are decently lower than everyone would like. Not everyone can get one, so don't take it too seriously.

More Klippes will be made, just be patient.

Sure, I am not disputing that it wasn't launched fairly, I am only curious as to how they came to be on the 1UP website.  Such as, were ppl notified via an email, a new thread, or an existing thread, or just happened to stumble upon it at 1UP??  I tried several times to enter Mekanisk's blog, but it was password protected and all attempts to gain access were unsuccessful. I never would get an email with the password. 

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 15:53:34 »
It was through the 1up newsletter.

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 15:54:28 »
I just thought I had all my bases covered for this launch. 

Mod Edit: Trades kept to Classifieds subforum
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 October 2017, 10:02:26 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 15:56:07 »

Gotcha, thx for the reply.

Did he say that 1UP was gonna be the vendor for this too?  As I said I work 60hrs and have kids, fam, & don't get much time here, so I may have missed some detrimental info it appears.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #145 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 15:56:45 »

Did he say that 1UP was gonna be the vendor for this too?  As I said I work 60hrs and have kids, fam, & don't get much time here, so I may have missed some detrimental info it appears.

Several times yeah.

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 16:01:09 »
Chit!...welp...no one to blame but myself.

My least favorite kind of blame too haha :(

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 16:01:52 »

I got the email for the newsletter update after everything was sold out. But I just happened to get on the site right after they went live.. sorta wish I would have jumped on one

Offline 40yroldnerd

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 16:06:48 »

I got the email for the newsletter update after everything was sold out. But I just happened to get on the site right after they went live.. sorta wish I would have jumped on one

Totally. I like custom, well made things, and by my username, the revival of retro keyboards was an good homage to my youth.  This was gonna be my end game

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 16:08:11 »

Totally. I like custom, well made things, and by my username, the revival of retro keyboards was an good homage to my youth.  This was gonna be my end game
I got in on the revo one in teal. So I had a hard time justifying another 60% high end case haha