Author Topic: What I need to buy (electronics) for make a numpad + calculator with LCD  (Read 1972 times)

Offline mamcx

I will buy a TKL + numpad. I wish to make the numpad to act as a calculator with a LCD display. I already have the keys, keycaps. But not know what kind of electronics I need.

For the TKL I order a tennsy 2.0. Not know what to buy for the numpad + lcd, etc.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

Offline mamcx

Oh, yes. Something like that was my inspiration. However, I wanna build my own (and already ahve invested in keys, keycaps, etc, only lacking in the electronic side)

Offline blawb

If you do it with a teensy or pro micro, then you could make it a fully functional numpad as well as a calculator. You already have caps and switches, so you need a case (a plate at least), diodes, teensy or pro micro, and an LCD screen. There's a ton of options for LCD screens out there. There's also already libraries to come the scene so the more difficult closing is done for you. I would also recommend getting a dip switch to switch between calculator mode and regular numpad mode of you want access to both modes.
i hate wet socks