Author Topic: Bootleg Holy Pandas -- Tips or advice?  (Read 3029 times)

Offline molecularronin

Bootleg Holy Pandas -- Tips or advice?
« on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 07:31:11 »
I've got some Halos coming in, but knowing how expensive Pandas are and mainly how difficult they are to find, I may not be able to make Holy Pandas :( I was wondering what tips or info people had regarding what offshoot/bootleg versions of Holy Panda there are. Whatever you think is comparable, identical to, and so on.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Bootleg Holy Pandas -- Tips or advice?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 21:00:15 »
There is no switch like the Panda available or people would have gone that way. The Panda switch is how do i say tighter then other housing that's wat makes it less wobbly and gives more tactility with the Halo stem why i have no idea i haven't looked into it much but this is the basic information. They go for **** load of money each i saw some people asking to buy them over for 3-5$ each so yeah you get the point it's expensive and not worth it. 1 Up keyboard said there was going to be a Round 2 but if that ever comes who knows in this hobby you can't take words for granted. So yeah you can go with the best housings for the best feeling i think halo stem in Zealios housing would be nice.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 21:40:44 »
Wait, Holy Pandas are more expensive than Nixies?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 01:50:51 »
Where have I been, what’s a panda?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 01:55:10 »

just looked it up

So, for those who don't know, what are Holy Pandas? Its a Halo stem from a Halo True or Clear switch put inside an Invyr Panda switch with the same spring.

...i have no idea what any of those are

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 06:40:29 »
It's clearly the same peeps naming the switches, aka pot-dealers.

Offline 89sec

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 22:17:43 »
[url]

Invyr Panda switches are a linear switch developed in a collaboration between Mech27 and Invyr. They are highly sought-after by people who want to use the housings to build Holy Panda switches, which some say provide the best feeling of any tactile switch.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 00:48:32 »
You all are just chasing after wind. There's always going to be a better thing you're going to want. Just get Box Royals and be done with it.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 06:01:05 »
I am out of the loop- Halos, Box, Panda, etc.  I guess I'm pretty satisfied with my inventory ATM and haven't researched or tried the newest offerings.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.