Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 340758 times)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 05:02:06 »
The community is eerily positive for some reason
Whoa that almost makes it sound like it's worth playing.
If there's one thing I'm not overly thrilled with it's the Black Desert community. I'm still hoping we can create our own little guild that can do stuff.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 07:35:18 »
The community is eerily positive for some reason
Whoa that almost makes it sound like it's worth playing.
If there's one thing I'm not overly thrilled with it's the Black Desert community. I'm still hoping we can create our own little guild that can do stuff.

Yea, maybe it's a seasonal thing in Rift? I'm still waiting for non-sequitur kings & queens, and people that poo-poo on the conversation but it hasn't happened in the few hours I've played.

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #152 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 16:02:10 »
I've been playing PUBG (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds) since it came out.

Depending on your play style you can be as aggressive as you want or as tactical as you want. I find majority of the game is looting and trying to find appropriate gear to survive, and sometime can go by real slow. But the game can pick up from 0 to 100km/h (0 to 60mph) at any moment.

I have a squad of buddies who play with me and I've been totally addicted. It's generally more fun when you play with a squad than solo.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 16:06:53 »
Finally getting around to BOTW bb

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 08:33:22 »
Finally getting around to BOTW bb

Wii U or Switch?

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 10:58:34 »
Man, I want play BOTW too  :)

Can't afford a Switch with all the keebs i'm buying :)) Also can't find stock anywhere around me  :-X

Offline ndumdr

• Jung Wheein
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 21:21:40 »
I'm late 6 years for Skyrim but I'm glad I picked that game up. TFW CTD so I will have to put that on hold for awhile as I play some Overwatch. I also played some HOTS last weekend because of Blizzard's marketing ploy  :rolleyes:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 21:26:45 »
I'm late 6 years for Skyrim but I'm glad I picked that game up. TFW CTD so I will have to put that on hold for awhile as I play some Overwatch. I also played some HOTS last weekend because of Blizzard's marketing ploy  :rolleyes:

I still haven't played it. Definitely gotta pick that one up once my backlog is cleared.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 23:25:05 »

I still haven't played it. Definitely gotta pick that one up once my backlog is cleared.
I have a pretty massive backlog of games I should've played already as well.
I've played a little HoTS though and it's quite enjoyable. I prefer playing with someone though as I've not had too good results with solo queue.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 04:29:52 »
Need advice on a PS4 game to play with a 13 yr old that isn't Call of Duty or similar. Something more fun and not as intense...
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 08:43:27 »
Doesn't come out until next month, but the Crash remakes.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 08:59:27 »
Minecraft?

Offline ndumdr

• Jung Wheein
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 14:58:16 »
Alan Wake. That 90% sale really got me lol. Definitely not into any thriller/horror games but this game is very well done. It's creepy and dark (which I don't enjoy) but it's literally $3.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 01:03:21 »
Alan Wake. That 90% sale really got me lol. Definitely not into any thriller/horror games but this game is very well done. It's creepy and dark (which I don't enjoy) but it's literally $3.
Very good game for that price.
I enjoyed it thoroughly when I played through it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 13:11:04 »
I have been super into Subnautica lately. I usually hate crafting games, but I love deep sea oriented stuff and there is a ton to explore and discover in this game. I like to disable the oxygen and just go deep diving for hours and hours.

They added a ton of new stuff recently, so it is a good time to get into the game. Especially since they are getting ready for the full-release this September.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 13:12:41 by noisyturtle »

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:08:19 »
Gonna start P5 and The Surge soon, just gotta get to Ganon in BotW...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:21:07 »
Gonna start P5 and The Surge soon, just gotta get to Ganon in BotW...

I'm going to be pretty sad when I finish BotW. I've invested quite a bit of time in the game. These days I don't have much time to play anymore, but I've been making time to play this game. At first I was just going to do all the side quests sans the Korok seeds, but recently I've been on a Korok-seed binge so now I'm wondering if I should just get them all.

I'm also trying to collect the amiibos that get you exclusives in the game. They're not important, but nice eye candy; I really like playing the game in the Twilight Princess outfit.

Offline engra

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 21:22:07 »
Recently reinstalled counter strike 1.6 and am happily surprised that there are still some very active servers on some old familiar maps!

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 03:00:02 »
Recently reinstalled counter strike 1.6 and am happily surprised that there are still some very active servers on some old familiar maps!
Man the old CS was so good. I can't even count the number of hours I've spent on it.
I think we are well over 1000 hours by now.

I can't play it anymore though, at least no Global Offensive, it's changed too much for my taste I don't like it anymore. Might be time to try and dig out the old CS 1.6.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 11:49:52 »
Man the old CS was so good. I can't even count the number of hours I've spent on it.
I think we are well over 1000 hours by now.

I can't play it anymore though, at least no Global Offensive, it's changed too much for my taste I don't like it anymore. Might be time to try and dig out the old CS 1.6.
Loading up CS:S after investing any amount of time into CS:GO is so refreshing. Gun skins and bi-monthly steam sales on the game have made CS:GO a haven for toxic players. Some of them are even moving to ESEA now.  :(

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 13:19:51 »
Is anyone feeling burned out from BotW? I still haven't gotten my hands on a Switch, but at least 2 of my friends who are playing it are saying they've actually put it aside after putting in a TON of hours because all the side quests and whatnot have them burned out. I'm the type that tends to get super obsessed with a game if I like it (case in point: almost 30 hours of Person 5 after only owning the game for a week...and I have a full time job).

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 13:40:23 »
Is anyone feeling burned out from BotW? I still haven't gotten my hands on a Switch, but at least 2 of my friends who are playing it are saying they've actually put it aside after putting in a TON of hours because all the side quests and whatnot have them burned out. I'm the type that tends to get super obsessed with a game if I like it (case in point: almost 30 hours of Person 5 after only owning the game for a week...and I have a full time job).

I think if you put too much time in one side quest it definitely can burn you out. There is a lot to do in the game, and for the past week I've been dedicated to hunting down Korok seeds. I'm getting a bit burned out, so I'm going to switch it up and go back to the main story for a bit.
The thing about getting Korok seeds, though, is that you have to climb a lot of mountains, glide across a lot of areas, and fight a lot of enemies on the way. Those add to a nice mix from just getting the seeds, and I find that it adds variety.

Also, it may not be for them. If you like to 100% games, and don't have a lot of time, you may get overwhelmed by the sheer size of BotW. Oddly, I don't have a lot of time, I like to 100% games, and I'm having a blast. Easily one of the top five games I've played.

Offline diiiP

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 14:17:10 »
Just bought and startet Hollow Knight!
To early to tell how good this game is, but god damn does it look pretty...

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 14:21:30 »

I think if you put too much time in one side quest it definitely can burn you out. There is a lot to do in the game, and for the past week I've been dedicated to hunting down Korok seeds. I'm getting a bit burned out, so I'm going to switch it up and go back to the main story for a bit.
The thing about getting Korok seeds, though, is that you have to climb a lot of mountains, glide across a lot of areas, and fight a lot of enemies on the way. Those add to a nice mix from just getting the seeds, and I find that it adds variety.

Also, it may not be for them. If you like to 100% games, and don't have a lot of time, you may get overwhelmed by the sheer size of BotW. Oddly, I don't have a lot of time, I like to 100% games, and I'm having a blast. Easily one of the top five games I've played.

I absolutely am a 100%-er as well. I think the open world-ness is a bit daunting (I've personally never really played many of them) but I'm still going to give it a shot since Zelda is my all-time favorite gaming franchise. I love side quests, though, so I'm hoping that'll help!

Offline diiiP

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 17:23:09 »
Also surprised how mutch fun I am having with PUBG...
Didn't like H1Z1, but still enjoying PUBG after 100 hours+

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 17:28:09 »
I take back what I said regarding RIFT chat being overly positive. Had to turn the lower lvl zone chat off while adventuring. So it goes

Offline Entropia

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 09:59:31 »
I've just finished Little Nightmares. Very very good game!

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 08:23:17 »
I am Setsuna

Finally starting this one on The switch, taking a mini Break from Persona 5 which while great just takes so much time plopped in front of a TV to get into, time I frankly don't always have.  Sort of wish Persona 5 was on Switch for that reason so I could play it anywhere.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 05:12:29 »
Told myself I wouldn't get sucked into PUBG...

Got sucked into PUBG...

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 06:41:13 »

Got sucked into PUBG...
That game really is the hotness right now, so many people are almost addicted to it, it seems.

Quake Champions is pretty fun. I don't know if it's $60 worth of fun, yet.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 07:09:11 »

Got sucked into PUBG...
That game really is the hotness right now, so many people are almost addicted to it, it seems.

It's really still buggy as hell, but I'm somehow able to look past it. Even if it means having to hard reset my PC after every few games because it freezes everything.

Quake is fun but countering some of those abilities wrecks my idea of a good time. Having someone press F to run toward me to kill me in one hit is just silly.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 08:54:00 »

Got sucked into PUBG...

It's really still buggy as hell, but I'm somehow able to look past it. Even if it means having to hard reset my PC after every few games because it freezes everything.

Quake is fun but countering some of those abilities wrecks my idea of a good time. Having someone press F to run toward me to kill me in one hit is just silly.

Oh, and Halo Sword isn't  ??

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 08:55:44 »
Injustice 2 and always sucking at SFV :D

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:01:14 »

Got sucked into PUBG...

Oh, and Halo Sword isn't  ??
I don't know nerd, ask someone who plays halo    :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:03:22 by WarCommand »

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:20:53 »
I am Setsuna

Finally starting this one on The switch, taking a mini Break from Persona 5 which while great just takes so much time plopped in front of a TV to get into, time I frankly don't always have.  Sort of wish Persona 5 was on Switch for that reason so I could play it anywhere.

P5 on Vita pls  :(

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:53:33 »
I am Setsuna

Given how poorly it runs on PS3 I'm not sure how feasible it would be on Vita were Atlus to even consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 10:00:17 »
I am Setsuna

Given how poorly it runs on PS3 I'm not sure how feasible it would be on Vita were Atlus to even consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP

I loved P4G on Vita, had never played any SMT/Persona game before that.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 11:39:26 »
P4G on Vita was THE #1 reason to own the handheld IMO, above any other game it saw more time from me.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #189 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 12:01:39 »
P4G on Vita was THE #1 reason to own the handheld IMO, above any other game it saw more time from me.

I bought the Vita for remote play when I was addicted to Destiny but ended up loving P4G (one of my favorite single player games), finally finishing FF7 after a childhood friend lost disc 3 for PC back in the day, and checking out some visual novels.  It's a fun handheld, really like having a Vita and N3DSXL around for times when I'm bored with/want a break from "bigger" games.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 09:10:12 »
Bundle Stars has all the FEAR games in a pack for 2.99 if anyone's interested. The original still holds up.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/fear-bundle

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 09:25:56 »
Trying to find more time to finish DS3 main story so I can finally start the DLCs

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 16:48:27 »
Trying to find more time to finish DS3 main story so I can finally start the DLCs

You might wanna hold off on the last boss and do the DLC before that

Offline rioc

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 16:57:03 »

any reason for that? (answer maybe as least spoilery as possible) ;)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 17:32:14 »

Mostly that you will not be able to access the DLC after beating the boss without starting over in New Game+ since the DLC is accessed within the main game. After you beat the final boss, that's it - you start over.

Personally I would recommend doing Ashes right after getting the Lordvessel - then doing Ringed City right before finishing the game. RC is very difficult though, so be ready for that.

Offline rioc

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 17:55:18 »

Mostly that you will not be able to access the DLC after beating the boss without starting over in New Game+ since the DLC is accessed within the main game. After you beat the final boss, that's it - you start over.

Personally I would recommend doing Ashes right after getting the Lordvessel - then doing Ringed City right before finishing the game. RC is very difficult though, so be ready for that.
Oh, yea, ofc... Thanks dir the tip ;)

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 10:11:13 »
Finally beat BotW.

My God, that was beautiful. After the credits rolled and the post-credits cutscene+bonus scene played, I felt so emotionally drained (in a good way), that I shut off my Switch and was done for the night. Absolutely magical experience the whole way through.

Started P5 two nights ago and I am loving how it exudes sheer style. Really like the addition of negotiations and the characters are well-done so far (first Palace boss has me actually hating his guts). This is gonna be a timesink and I am ready.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 10:19:12 »
RISING STORM 2: VIETNAM

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 10:48:29 »
Started playing PlayerUnknown battlegrounds to take a break from all the RPG's I am into at moment.

Fun game in short bursts and runs much better than I expected given I was trying it on my little Alpha machine.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 15:43:31 »
TRICKY TRUCKS MOTHER****ERS

Downloaded the multiplayer mod for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and actually love it
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin