Author Topic: [GB] JD45 KEYBOARD PRE-ORDERS [Closed]  (Read 144667 times)

Offline gbrldz

• http://gbrldz.co
Re: [GB] JD45 KEYBOARD PRE-ORDERS
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 11:35:48 »
What's the ETA looking like? :)_

Offline cr0n1c

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 13:50:01 »
Is there any way I can switch my regular case to one with blocked corners instead?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 19:00:12 »
I'd pick up someones order if they are looking to get rid of theirs!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 13:58:23 »
Hi JD, any updates?  Getting close to the end of the month.  Are we still on track with delivery?

Offline Moustashi

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 00:07:10 »
Hi JD, any updates?  Getting close to the end of the month.  Are we still on track with delivery?

2nd that. Getting very excited to see that keyboard. :)

Offline trotXid

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 00:22:00 »

3rd  ;D

Offline justin.wu

• * Commercial Vendor
  • Less is more
    • TEX
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 23:55:52 »
Hi , All

quickly update !!

All JD45 groupbuy already finish assembly , might be delivery in Friday ( TW -> USA ) , by Taiwan EMS ( might be 6-8 days arrive USA ) !!

3rd  ;D
make different

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 00:04:34 »
Hi , All

quickly update !!

All JD45 groupbuy already finish assembly , might be delivery in Friday ( TW -> USA ) , by Taiwan EMS ( might be 6-8 days arrive USA ) !!

3rd  ;D

Real excited to see this finish :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 00:15:55 »
Kicking myself for not getting one of these. :eek:

Offline pnh2389

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 02:13:16 »
Thank you for the update Justin; it's very much appreciated and a relief to know that the product has been made and is ready for shipment.

However, I'm concerned about jdcarpe's absence in responding to inquiries made about the status of this group buy for the past few weeks.

A question for Justin: have you been in contact with jdcarpe?

jdcarpe will be the one in receipt of your shipment to the US before distributing to us, the participants in the group buy---as was stated by him on page 1. Should we be concerned if the organizer is missing from the conversation?

Offline justin.wu

• * Commercial Vendor
  • Less is more
    • TEX
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 03:00:35 »
Hi ,

Yes , all information already pass to JD , don't worry !!

Thank you for the update Justin; it's very much appreciated and a relief to know that the product has been made and is ready for shipment.

However, I'm concerned about jdcarpe's absence in responding to inquiries made about the status of this group buy for the past few weeks.

jdcarpe will be the one in receipt of your shipment to the US before distributing to us, the participants in the group buy---as was stated by him on page 1. Should we be concerned if the organizer is missing from the conversation?
make different

Offline wodan

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 03:07:57 »
Relax bros ...

If there's a problem, make sure to contact the seller through PayPal by 19 August 2016.

Almost 2 months left!

Offline pnh2389

« Reply #212 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 03:24:06 »
Thanks again for your response Justin.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 05:12:38 »

i have spoken to jdcarpe recently, there is no need to be concerned about his current absence, he is just taking some personal time, he is very committed to this project and im sure will be back shortly now that production is completed and nearing time for shipment
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline pnh2389

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 05:35:47 »
Thanks for the affirmation BunnyLake.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:43:19 »
Hi , All

quickly update !!

Thank you for the update! Really excited for this!
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 20:12:19 »
Dang. Really kicking myself that I didn't go for this. I can't wait to see how the boards all turn out.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #217 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 20:43:23 »
Kicking myself for not getting one of these. :eek:
Me too  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 20:49:06 »
Coulda woulda shoulda.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 15:05:41 »
Hey all! Sorry for the recent disappearance, but rest assured this GB is right on schedule.

In fact, look at what just showed up:

I just now ordered the shipping boxes for these, which should arrive by next Thursday. So excited to start getting these shipped out to you all!

Hang in there, it's almost finished!

P.S. As an aside, I wanted to explain my absence. As I have posted here before, having my PayPal account locked and my funds inaccessible really started a path toward depression for me. I have been in a funk for a while now. Add to that that I was recently laid off from work, and you might begin to see why I have been absent. I do want to thank everyone here who sent me kind words of support. It feels good to know there are people out there pulling for you.  Thanks for reading. -JD
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 15:17:05 »
Hey all! Sorry for the recent disappearance, but rest assured this GB is right on schedule.

In fact, look at what just showed up:

Show Image

Show Image

I just now ordered the shipping boxes for these, which should arrive by next Thursday. So excited to start getting these shipped out to you all!

Hang in there, it's almost finished!

P.S. As an aside, I wanted to explain my absence. As I have posted here before, having my PayPal account locked and my funds inaccessible really started a path toward depression for me. I have been in a funk for a while now. Add to that that I was recently laid off from work, and you might begin to see why I have been absent. I do want to thank everyone here who sent me kind words of support. It feels good to know there are people out there pulling for you.  Thanks for reading. -JD

Oh god! They are gorgeous!

Thanks for doing this JD! Hope everything improves for you!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 15:37:45 »
FYI, there is a secret surprise for those who ordered assembled keyboards. Don't forget to check the compartment in the back of the box. ;)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 15:46:53 »
FYI, there is a secret surprise for those who ordered assembled keyboards. Don't forget to check the compartment in the back of the box. ;)

Any extras by chance?? :eek:

PS: Super glad to see you post. :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 15:47:10 »

Same.

Same.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 15:55:58 »

I didn't order any extras, sorry. Only what people paid for. :(

in memoriam

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 15:57:10 »

No worries! I'll just enough all the cool pics I'm sure people will post. :D

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 16:49:28 »
Love that gold logo on the keyboard box.  Really nice packaging, can't wait to see these keyboards!

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 17:36:44 »
Wowowowowow those boxes are awesome!!!

Offline pnh2389

« Reply #228 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 18:51:05 »
Thanks for the update jdcarpe. And welcome back.

I was concerned with your absence, hence my inquiry above. I'm sorry to hear about the situation with PayPal; please know this though, I strongly took heed of your request from April 2nd to address any concerns we had to first contact you personally or here at geekhack and not through PayPal. I chose geekhack.

I feel for you; the economy is a false illusion---I'll just limit my views on this subject with just that. I wish you well and hope you regain your footing again.

Offline pnh2389

« Reply #229 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 18:55:32 »
It appears from the photo that the standard case was the predominant choice.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #230 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 20:01:39 »
Thanks for the update jdcarpe. And welcome back.

I was concerned with your absence, hence my inquiry above. I'm sorry to hear about the situation with PayPal; please know this though, I strongly took heed of your request from April 2nd to address any concerns we had to first contact you personally or here at geekhack and not through PayPal. I chose geekhack.

I feel for you; the economy is a false illusion---I'll just limit my views on this subject with just that. I wish you well and hope you regain your footing again.
Sorry if I missed your message. I tried to respond to all PMs sent through here while I was inactive. If you or anyone else ever needs to contact me directly, you can always email me at: [my GH username] at Gmail dot com.

It appears from the photo that the standard case was the predominant choice.

Oh, for sure, by a large margin. The HHKB style seems to be a niche aesthetic.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 July 2016, 20:05:35 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline pnh2389

« Reply #231 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 21:01:04 »
I've had a look at the HHKB keyboard multiple times and struggle to see how I can work with its layout and lack of programmability. The concept of using the pinkie finger to hold down the fn key and using the remaining fingers, on the same hand, to hit the arrow keys seem awkward to me.

That said---and contradictorily---the image of that HHKB layout on the JD45 appeals to me. With less keys on the bottom row but compensated with progammability, there's less travel to those keys, which translates to further efficiency and compact handling. That's an appealing experience.

If there's a 2nd group buy and I am afforded the opportunity, I would go for the block case.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 21:54:18 »

i thought there'd be extras fo sho  :'(

∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #233 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 22:09:07 »
I was going to order the blocked/HHKB case for sure, but couldn't due to monies at the time. If there's another round I'm in for sure, though I don't think there will be.  :'(

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #234 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 00:09:43 »
Welcome back jdcarpe! And much thanks for the update, very excited to receive mine!

P.S.: Sorry to hear about your current circumstance :( I hope everything goes much much much better on your end in the coming months! And I can't thank you enough for making sure this run smoothly despite what happened on your end!!
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #235 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 12:24:49 »

Show Image

i thought there'd be extras fo sho  :'(
Qft  :(

Offline YourMatt

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 13:20:08 »
Will these require a signature for delivery? We've had a lot of recent delivery thefts in my neighborhood, and I'm afraid this irreplaceable delivery is when it'll happen to me.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #237 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 09:04:31 »
Will these require a signature for delivery? We've had a lot of recent delivery thefts in my neighborhood, and I'm afraid this irreplaceable delivery is when it'll happen to me.

Yes, I plan on shipping all of them with signature confirmation. Hope that helps!

in memoriam

Offline pnh2389

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 20:19:21 »
Just saw the JD45 keyboards and DIY kits available at mechanicalkeyboards.com

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=346

Offline tuco

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 20:50:58 »
Nice that others get a chance at one of these now!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #240 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 09:32:33 »

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #241 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 09:35:38 »

OH, NICE! THANK YOU!

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #242 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 10:28:53 »

awesome, sir~ thank you ! I need to figure out how to afford this given the fact the skeletor went live and the upcoming artisan salez
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #243 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 10:36:40 »
Decisions, Decisions :)  I had the same problem... but I decided that this was a no-brainer, no matter the inconvenient timing.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #244 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 10:38:22 »

Got one.Thankss :thumb:
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #245 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 11:31:22 »
Aww, people ordering from mechanicalkeyboards going to get it faster than the pre order folks?   :confused:

Offline odd

« Reply #246 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 13:03:44 »
Seems like it. I have one coming from MKB.com and I should get it by Monday.

Offline pnh2389

« Reply #247 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 13:18:00 »
Seems like it. I have one coming from MKB.com and I should get it by Monday.

Wow, are you serious? That's super fast!

I've ordered twice from them before. The order got processed by noon when I submitted it in the morning. And I think I received the tracking info from the carrier within the same day.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #248 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 13:19:52 »
Aww, people ordering from mechanicalkeyboards going to get it faster than the pre order folks?   :confused:

Yeah, it's disappointing that they went live with sales before I could get the group buy orders out, but not much I can do about that. I'm going to try and get these out as quickly as possible.

Please understand, though, that all my shipping funds are locked in my PayPal account, and I have no access to them. I also have no job at the moment, so no income. I will get these shipped, but it's going to take some creativity for me to do it.

in memoriam

Offline pnh2389

« Reply #249 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 13:39:25 »

Yeah, it's disappointing that they went live with sales before I could get the group buy orders out, but not much I can do about that. I'm going to try and get these out as quickly as possible.

Please understand, though, that all my shipping funds are locked in my PayPal account, and I have no access to them. I also have no job at the moment, so no income. I will get these shipped, but it's going to take some creativity for me to do it.

It was by chance that I saw the JD45 on mechanicalkeyboards.com.

From time to time, I check their 'incoming stock' page at https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/incoming.php and then I have a look at their 'just arrived' page https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/arrived.php to check out the inventory turnover. The JD45s were never on their 'incoming' page, it just appeared on their 'just arrived' page without notice---at least none that I'm aware of.