Author Topic: GAF  (Read 1553620 times)

Offline bgnu-thun

Re: GAF - Keep it Grimey Giveaway Contest
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 17:52:55 »
When I was a little kid my cat caught a poor little mouse and was trotting around with the mouse in its jaws. Wanting to save the mouse I grabbed the tail that was hanging out and tried to pull the mouse out of the cats mouth. The cat wasn't happy with that at all and pulled back, starting a tug of war.. Maybe you can see where this goes?

It didn't take long before the cat was in effect victorious - the poor little mouse's tail popped right off.. The cat ran off with its mostly complete mouse and I ran around screaming like an idiot because the tail had spiraled through the air and landed somewhere in my hair. That was pretty traumatising, and having mouse goo and tail in my hair was definitely a grimey time.

Offline Blurple33

« Reply #401 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 18:03:47 »
Saw my friend vomit a piece of onion from his burger.  However, the onion was an unbroken, intact ring. 

It raised a few questions while also being gross.

Offline forstsiven

« Reply #402 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 18:18:46 »
When traveling through Turkey, I had to catch a ferry from, I believe, near-Bursa to Istanbul, which would take me across of the Sea of Marmara. I say, "I believe," because on the return leg I was feeling very ill and usually was passed out--aside from the times I had to run to the bathroom. A stomach bug + a love of spicy food is generally agreed upon to be a bad decision, but when you love spicy food, you forget such things.

While boarding the boat, I noticed dark storm clouds looming on the horizon. A stiff breeze, choppy waters, and suspiciously empty ferry clued me in that most thought it unwise to travel by boat. As we pulled out of the harbor, I could see even larger waves and a host of ships heading for safer waters. We were the only boat heading out towards open water.

The farther we got, the worse the waves became. It wasn't long before the entire ship was heaving and hawing with each wave. Up we went, then, a precipitous drop strong enough to remind one of a roller-coaster. My stomach and bowels also sent me another reminder. It was bathroom time, and I had to go immediately.

As I navigated to the bathroom, walking like the drunkest person on the planet, I contemplated with all seriousness whether the boat would sink. I had seen news prior that a ferry had sank in similar fashion while on the Adriatic. Once to the bathroom, I realized that the seas were so rough that the toilet had become a cross between a bidet and a geyser. Desiring to avoid being splashed by my own filth, I decided to spiderman my way above the toilet with one foot on the sink, another on the rail, and my back wedged up against the wall above the toilet.

From this lofty perch, I did my business and somehow avoided sullying myself. The same, however, couldn't be said for the toilet and the floor. The waves were simply too strong and no matter how quickly I tried to flush, there was spillage.

Making my way out of the bathroom, I found a long line of bleary-eyed, sea-sick Turks. I don't know whether it was the scene I left or the sheer motion in the ocean that caused it, but the first person into the bathroom behind me immediately puked, causing those behind him to cascade vomit.

While I'm not proud of what I did, it ended up being a bonding opportunity as my then ex-girlfriend (who had broken up with me a week before visiting) mended the fence. For that, I will always look upon that day as a time when my poop truly built a bridge over troubled waters.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #403 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 18:22:29 »
I was at the seattle meet and the room was hot since the AC wasn't bumpin.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline MajorclaM

« Reply #404 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 18:38:34 »
Here goes my grimey story,

A few years ago I had face/jaw surgery to correct my bite and alleviate some jaw pain. Sounds rather trivial right? Nope. I had spent the year prior to the surgery in braces getting my teeth pushed and pulled into what would become my new bite. The last checkup before the surgery the PA gives us the talk, "this is going to be the worst thing ever, day 2 is a wall, if you make it past it you'll be past the worst, etc"

I have my surgery, make it out of recovery, and am wheeled up to my room. They had cut my upper jaw(maxilla) into 3 seperate pieces and cut my jaw (mandible) into four, all held together by plates and screws. All the trauma and cuts caused my sinuses to bleed despite blood vessels being cauterized and stapled shut. Now the fun thing about having your face rearranged is they rubber band your teeth together in the name of stability. I was unwittingly swallowing blood for several hours, I finally got nauseous and that blood came back up. Have you ever seen the Shining? You know the part where the elevators open and a deluge of blood comes crashing out? I felt like an anthropomorphic elevator that day. God bless the nurses that swooped in and changed my linens and got me a new gown.

Long story short, maxillofacial surgery is full of grime for weeks and weeks.

Thanks for the giveaway GAF!

Offline the_fascist

« Reply #405 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 18:42:50 »
I sneezed once and the snot remained attached to my nose and rebounded into my mouth.  Never forget

Offline mbsurfer

Re: GAF - Keep it Grimey Giveaway Winner Announced
« Reply #406 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 20:45:11 »
There we some really great stories in here, and I definitely gagged a few times. So happy to win! Thanks so much for the giveaway Kudos and Koala!!!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #407 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 21:25:49 »
There we some really great stories in here, and I definitely gagged a few times. So happy to win! Thanks so much for the giveaway Kudos and Koala!!!

grats dude
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline DeadlyPoison

« Reply #408 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 04:16:59 »
Congratulations, very lucky.

Offline Kazemah

Re: GAF
« Reply #409 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 09:45:01 »
I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure if this is the place to post, but does anyone know what gofundme GAF is referring to in their new Insta story? Also! I'm pumped GAF as returned, I thought they were retired.

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #410 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 01:15:47 »
Yeah I wondered that as well
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline juntheboon

« Reply #411 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 01:17:12 »
The gofundme was a donation event that happened on the Inkeebriated twitch stream a couple weeks ago for an asbestos issue.

Offline Vlie

« Reply #412 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 15:12:27 »
i like fvccboi!!!

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #413 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 00:41:26 »
GAF <3
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #414 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 16:03:38 »

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #415 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 16:08:17 »
Same

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline juntheboon

« Reply #416 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 22:07:04 »
I love GAF!!

eggplant eggplant eggplant

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #417 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 01:51:03 »

Offline pendemon

« Reply #418 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 16:03:08 »
New putrid panda is dope AF!

Offline Dagdha

« Reply #419 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 16:08:13 »
Nothing is more classic than black and white.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 October 2020, 16:12:49 by Dagdha »

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #420 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 20:19:30 »
It's my birthday in over 2 months! Hope RNG blesses me.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 11:15:07 »

my birthday is a few months after yours :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #422 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 12:46:45 »

my birthday is a few months after yours :cool:

It was my birthday two months ago.  :cool:

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #423 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 12:57:39 »
I too had a birthday two months ago. Happy Belated!

TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #424 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 13:11:14 »
I too had a birthday two months ago. Happy Belated!

Feliz cumpleanos from Chicago!

Offline juntheboon

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 04:01:22 »
My birthday is in a little over two months

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #426 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 01:06:53 »
I had a birthday this year!  :thumb:

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #427 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 07:06:33 »
I've had a birthday at least once within the past 365 days.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #428 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 09:10:25 »
belated happy birthday to those that had birthday happened  this year