Author Topic: [IC]Sanctuary Rebirth-Diablo-Inspired Exocet Keyset [Waiting for samples R2]  (Read 187688 times)

Offline sneaky101

GB when? I need this in my life.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
GB when?

Offline vicissitude

any update?

Offline TuCZnak

GB when?

May, can't you read? Dunno which May though

Offline okidna

any update?

From TKC's Discord channel :

Offline menuhin

any update?

Show Image

Smart indeed!
I ordered the PBT Katakana too by the way.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
any update?

Show Image

Smart indeed!

Will be relying on you to post pix and showcasing the quality :eyes:
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline OracleKev

any update?

Show Image

Smart indeed!

Will be relying on you to post pix and showcasing the quality :eyes:

Prudent~

Offline nguyenhimself

Official product page on TheKey.company:

"Designed by Jebbra and inspired by the hit game, Diablo,  Sanctuary Rebirth will be brought to you in PBT dye sublimated Cherry profile. We will be releasing this set after delivery of Katakana Cherry is complete."

Also, I'm pretty sure this page by Jebbra (OP) is also new:

"The kit offered is updated due to manufacturing issues, now Sanctuary Rebirth will be offered in GMK–Style: One kit for all. This kit will cover the majority of popular layouts such as Full Size, TKL, 60%, WKL, HHKB, 1800/96, Split Space, and even stand-alone Numpad like FC210M. The novelties will be included in this kit too to make things less complicated."

Check out that freaking deskmat holy hell:

« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2019, 12:29:16 by nguyenhimself »

Offline TuCZnak

Also, I'm pretty sure this page by Jebbra (OP) is also new:

May have been updated recently, but IIRC that webpage has existed for a while now.

Offline CodeMayhem

how much do i have to pay to rebirth a colevrak kit for just me??  :p

..but seriously I'll offer my soul if necessary.

Offline maybebabe

Just noticed that there are R2 "+" and R3 "+" in new base kit, but has no R2 "-".
Is that normal or just a miss in render?

Still, excited to see this going to happened.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
The post you made just come off as rambling and whining. The entire group buy becomes mute once you sold the board you planned to use. Then this most recent post makes less since. "I planned to sell the board once the group buy started", what the heck? I guess what the poster was trying to point out was your not making since. 

As far as the buy goes, I am still massively excited.

Please show me where I stated I sold the board and additionally where I said I planned to sell it once the GB started? The keyboard was damaged and I planned to buy a new one specifically for this buy. Since this buy no longer fits my needs, I will not be buying that board. I don't know how to make myself any more clear?
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline nguyenhimself

The post you made just come off as rambling and whining. The entire group buy becomes mute once you sold the board you planned to use. Then this most recent post makes less since. "I planned to sell the board once the group buy started", what the heck? I guess what the poster was trying to point out was your not making since. 

As far as the buy goes, I am still massively excited.

Please show me where I stated I sold the board and additionally where I said I planned to sell it once the GB started? The keyboard was damaged and I planned to buy a new one specifically for this buy. Since this buy no longer fits my needs, I will not be buying that board. I don't know how to make myself any more clear?
You've clearly expressed that you're not interested in this set anymore.
And this set is also not capable of making you happy. Those niche kits won't ever come back.
So why are you still here?
Do you care this much about being right on the internet?
Let it go, man.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 12:24:52 by nguyenhimself »

Offline menuhin

How many keys need to be produced to support ISO and Planck?
ISO: ISO Enter and the 1.25u Shift
Planck: 1u Shift, 1u Enter, and Upper layer and Lower layer

If the vendor can accommodate a few more, it will be historical and less like just a re-make of previous.
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline nguyenhimself

If the vendor can accommodate a few more, it will be historical and less like just a re-make of previous.
Re. ISO:
Look at it this way, GMK Oblivion R2 is one of the most hyped GBs this year, right?
It has 4 (!) base kits, and as of 13/6, 1.234 base kits have been sold in total.
The International kit? 48 so far. 3.89%.
Even if you don't count the Assembly base kit, that is still 48 out of 1.126, or 4.27%.
In production, we call this "Not worth turning the machine on for".
Btu hey, at least you're not having it as bad as the Colevrak crowd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 22:55:22 by nguyenhimself »

Offline sevenseacat

*cries in Colemak

Offline TuCZnak

Re. ISO:
Look at it this way, GMK Oblivion R2 is one of the most hyped GBs this year, right?
It has 4 (!) base kits, and as of 13/6, 1.234 base kits have been sold in total.
The International kit? 48 so far. 3.89%.
Even if you don't count the Assembly base kit, that is still 48 out of 1.126, or 4.27%.
In production, we call this "Not worth turning the machine on for".
Btu hey, at least you're not having it as bad as the Colevrak crowd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Show Image

1) Oblivion includes base ISO keycap compatibility in the base kits, international is only for correct legends for select countries
2) international is prohibitively expensive, 85$ for a few cherrypicked keys per buyer is a tough ask
3) you're making no sense, comparing apples with pears, the guy asked for 4 keys added to the base, not AZERTY Colemak

Now please **** off and stop ****ting on anything that's not American for no reason.

Offline menuhin

@TuCZnak

I hear you - ISO.
I stop responding with the replies of other people make no sense (Just like people who defended the error of keycap-stem-cracking-box-switches)

Asking for 4-8 extra key caps for layout compatibility to turn something from blablah-cliché-remake to awesomeness and history - I don't think is too much.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline Shihatsu

1) Oblivion includes base ISO keycap compatibility in the base kits, international is only for correct legends for select countries
2) international is prohibitively expensive, 85$ for a few cherrypicked keys per buyer is a tough ask
3) you're making no sense, comparing apples with pears, the guy asked for 4 keys added to the base, not AZERTY Colemak

Now please **** off and stop ****ting on anything that's not American for no reason.
And even if all that would not have been the case, the comparision is still quite crappy. We are not talking about the rerun odf the 100st GB of an ordinary GMK kit (don't get me wrong here - Oblivion is fantastic, and I love all the work of the designers, but in the end it is just another GMK set), we are talking D2! We are talking reverse Dye-Sub! We are talking PBT! Just an example: I will not buy another GMK-Set via a MD-GB, too expensive, I have enough of them. But I would have bought this one without even checking the price. Heck, I even asked for the "Black" Runeword in german fashion, I would have bought like very Kit there was from this set. This is just not comparable with anything that have been done before.

Offline nguyenhimself

Yeah I was wrong about GMK Oblivion's ISO support. My bad.
But come on now, you do realize the rest of the world and not just America also uses ANSI, right?
I'm into this set simply because I love the colorway and legends.
(I don't even care about Diablo. Not into video games)
But it seems that you guys have a lot of other axes to grind here. So I'll leave you guys to it.

Offline Surefoot

But come on now, you do realize the rest of the world and not just America also uses ANSI, right?
No we do not. Outside of US, Thailand, and Nigeria, ISO is prevalent, with JIS for Japan (which uses a similar enter key and a weird short space bar). Even UK uses ISO...

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC]Sanctuary Rebirth-Diablo-Inspired Exocet Keyset [Waiting for samples R2]
« Reply #524 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 09:00:50 »
No we do not. Outside of US, Thailand, and Nigeria, ISO is prevalent, with JIS for Japan (which uses a similar enter key and a weird short space bar). Even UK uses ISO...
I can’t tell if you were being /s but forgot to type /s.

Offline TuCZnak

Yeah I was wrong about GMK Oblivion's ISO support. My bad.
I'm into this set simply because I love the colorway and legends.
(I don't even care about Diablo. Not into video games)
But it seems that you guys have a lot of other axes to grind here. So I'll leave you guys to it.

I may have written that before having my morning coffee and got a bit carried away, sorry about that. But to be honest I can't think of a single country that has ANSI as a default outside of USA. And if we're being pedantic, both ANSI and ISO standards actually allow for both enter keys to be used  ;)

Offline Vigrith

I may have written that before having my morning coffee and got a bit carried away, sorry about that. But to be honest I can't think of a single country that has ANSI as a default outside of USA. And if we're being pedantic, both ANSI and ISO standards actually allow for both enter keys to be used  ;)

Lots of people in EU use ANSI and no one in the US (obviously there are very rare and sparse exceptions) uses ISO so that tilts the scale a little bit too.

Offline menuhin

I don't hate ISO - I don't advocate them either.

But lots of countries still use them, and I don't want these people to miss out.
Just like a lot of people's native language is not English - I don't force them to use English at the time when they don't want to.

Just trying to point the point that adding a few (4-7) keys is not such a big request.
Want people to voice out to make this happen to make this kit real awesome.

As a Diablo I & II fan, I care even more about making this kit real good.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
Spokeperson from TKC just replied me. they are going to start the GB after they have received katakana.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
Spokeperson from TKC just replied me. they are going to start the GB after they have received katakana.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline nguyenhimself

But to be honest I can't think of a single country that has ANSI as a default outside of USA.
The entirety of Asia (sans Japan)?
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 June 2019, 23:10:45 by nguyenhimself »

Offline sevenseacat

And Australia.

Offline Starius

Yeah, my buddy in New Zealand was just telling me last week that he uses ANSI, and how ISO really screws him up when coding. 

Offline OracleKev

ISO support.  If vendor can add it at small cost why not.  If not, bye bye.

Offline CodeMayhem

Offline HotRoderX

Bye unless your willing to eat the cost for us Ansi users. I would say we far far out weight you ISO users most likely 30-1 if I had to guess, Perhaps more.

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
My opinion on this matter is that if ISO can make the numbers, ISO can sit at the big boy table. I am in full support of separate ISO kits. If the demand is met, then the product makes it to market. If not, it's not worth dredging the price up for 150-250 people to subsidize 10-20.

Offline OracleKev

Bye unless your willing to eat the cost for us Ansi users. I would say we far far out weight you ISO users most likely 30-1 if I had to guess, Perhaps more.

For the record I'm ANSI user.  I believe the community can benefit from being inclusive as long as it's affordable.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
the problem is that the factory we are working with didn't have the capability to make the ISO kit....
they don't have the ISO mold.
no mold, no keys.

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 June 2019, 00:39:42 by Dymloslouire »
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline Surefoot

Because of the gatekeeping that occurs around here and in the custom keeb community at large. Most people i know can largely afford a custom or a few, and custom keycaps of course, but are just not interested due to their perception of it being USA-centric and with zero possibility of getting ISO layouts. It's an endless circle that is perpetuated by people like you.

Offline nguyenhimself

Because of the gatekeeping that occurs around here and in the custom keeb community at large. Most people i know can largely afford a custom or a few, and custom keycaps of course, but are just not interested due to their perception of it being USA-centric and with zero possibility of getting ISO layouts. It's an endless circle that is perpetuated by people like you.
>USA-centric
What's up with you guys constantly pretending that only America uses ANSI?

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 June 2019, 10:06:38 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Vigrith

To be honest if people really are serious about custom keyboards they should have no issue having their customs be built as ANSI. It's really not hard, anyone with a programmable keyboard can do it if they just give it a shot, it's not like you need to be some sort of savant; ISO should only ever be an aesthetic concern, if for no other reason than to save like 50 bucks or more every time a new set comes along. It's not really about "if you can't beat them join them", although realistically that's kinda the way it is/will be, it's more about just adapting if you really want to be a part of this whole thing.

Offline TuCZnak

To be honest if people really are serious about custom keyboards they should have no issue having their customs be built as ANSI. It's really not hard, anyone with a programmable keyboard can do it if they just give it a shot, it's not like you need to be some sort of savant; ISO should only ever be an aesthetic concern, if for no other reason than to save like 50 bucks or more every time a new set comes along. It's not really about "if you can't beat them join them", although realistically that's kinda the way it is/will be, it's more about just adapting if you really want to be a part of this whole thing.

Of course people could have no issue building an ANSI board. But since it's custom, what's the point of making something custom that doesn't fit you? It's definitely not just "an aesthetic concern", it's usability - if someone is used to hitting their tall Enter for years, why should they suddenly relearn that for no benefit?

Also, you realize ISO has one more key, right? That key is kinda important for keymaps in languages other than English, and having it on a layer is very annoying.

So please stop talking like everyone should use ANSI or get out, because it's nonsense and you're dismissing tons of people only on the basis of "what I use is widespread here so everyone else can suck it". Do you apply that logic to other board sizes than you use, to ortho, splits, different USB ports, ...?

Offline Vigrith

Of course people could have no issue building an ANSI board. But since it's custom, what's the point of making something custom that doesn't fit you? It's definitely not just "an aesthetic concern", it's usability - if someone is used to hitting their tall Enter for years, why should they suddenly relearn that for no benefit?

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to get used to not hitting a tall enter. If people can swap to layouts like ortho, anyone can just learn to press their enter key a little differently, it's a completely ridiculous argument to even make to anyone who's used more than 1 keyboard in their life. If you think being able to participate in every set buy and/or spend less money because of ISO being ostracized into smaller kits which becoming increasingly popular is "no benefit" then that's perfectly fine but I assume the argument wouldn't be made if people didn't wanna buy the sets.

Also, you realize ISO has one more key, right? That key is kinda important for keymaps in languages other than English, and having it on a layer is very annoying.

I live in an ISO area, I do realise. TKL has 28 more keys than HHKB does, what's your point? It's about the benefits outweighing (or not) the downsides, of course it's gonna be personal preference.

So please stop talking like everyone should use ANSI or get out, because it's nonsense and you're dismissing tons of people only on the basis of "what I use is widespread here so everyone else can suck it". Do you apply that logic to other board sizes than you use, to ortho, splits, different USB ports, ...?

I'm not talking like everyone should use ANSI or get out, I use plenty of ISO keyboards, be it for aesthetic or because I find long shifts completely useless (extra stab, 1 less key, etc) hence I like splitting the left one in smaller boards in addition to the right one. I'm actually a big advocate for keeping basic ISO support in most core kits - this being a fringe case because they don't have moulds, no moulds, no keys) if for no other reason than it benefiting me and my preference - I'm not dismissing anyone I'm merely offering up advice and being realistic in that anyone can make the change if they really want to and if they think that will benefit them in the long run.

PS: My logic cannot be extrapolated to whatever else you referred to, for example the fact USB-C is categorically superior to mini/micro has nothing to do with what I'm arguing here and the fact you misinterpreted it that badly is quite concerning.

Offline sevenseacat

I don't get it. People are fine with having their WKL and HHKB and 65% and whatever other layouts that aren't default, but as soon as someone mentions ISO, people go crazy?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Needs to be an ongoing ISO discussion thread somewhere else on this site so people can take their **** there.

Offline OracleKev

I don't get it. People are fine with having their WKL and HHKB and 65% and whatever other layouts that aren't default, but as soon as someone mentions ISO, people go crazy?

Those layouts you mention are in completely different league in terms of volume.

It looks like some vocal community members are speaking out against ISO entitlement attitudes.

In the end this is simple, if ISO inclusion is small/negligible burden, it's easy call.  If not, it should stand on its own - there are plenty of layouts kits that are run separately.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
OP already claimed there is no molds for ISO.

Offline nguyenhimself

Some, including me, are annoyed because once OP said the factory doesn't have the mold for ISO keys, the ISO people flipped out and demanded this GB being postponed indefinitely until OP can find another factory who can do all--over dye-sub with ISO and non-ortho 40% kits.
Think about that for a few seconds. Jeezus, folks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 June 2019, 21:39:10 by nguyenhimself »

Offline sevenseacat

Well it does seem like a *lot* of compromises are being made in this set just for the factory - at what point do you stop and say okay I'm not willing to compromise on almost-everything-except-standard-ANSI, time to find a new factory?