Author Topic: [GB] Stainless steel universal TKL plates (ANSI 125)  (Read 53870 times)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: [GB] Stainless steel universal TKL plates (ANSI 125)
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 10:36:34 »
Still no sign of my plates :(

@ Strict

Did you send all EU orders on the same day? Because GeorgeK received his plates 4 days ago.

Hopefully they will show on tuesday  :thumb:

All orders were shipped on the same day (minus the people who bought left overs). I can't imagine yours will take much longer to arrive.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 10:57:39 »
I received mine yesterday you should get it pretty soon too.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 17:56:59 »
I wanted this but shipping held me back. Might join a round 2.

Offline PolaBurrr

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 11:26:51 »
Does anybody know if a plate like this would work with the vortex aluminum case? Or would I need plate adapters?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 11:35:33 »
Does anybody know if a plate like this would work with the vortex aluminum case? Or would I need plate adapters?

It will fit inside the case just fine, but there won't be anything supporting the PCB/Plate to the case. The Vortex case uses a ledge, or shelf, on the front and back inside the case to support the plate by the bends in the original Filco or QFR plate. Since these plates don't have those bends, you will have to use something under the PCB to support it inside the case. A few pieces of modeling clay or sugru will work fine. Or leslieann was selling some 3D printed supports for this purpose.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline PolaBurrr

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 12:08:24 »

It will fit inside the case just fine, but there won't be anything supporting the PCB/Plate to the case. The Vortex case uses a ledge, or shelf, on the front and back inside the case to support the plate by the bends in the original Filco or QFR plate. Since these plates don't have those bends, you will have to use something under the PCB to support it inside the case. A few pieces of modeling clay or sugru will work fine. Or leslieann was selling some 3D printed supports for this purpose.

ok thanks, thats what i wanted to know, because I want to switch to cherry stabilizers with my filco and vortex case. Where would you put the modeling clay? Between pcb and plate? Or under pcb where it touches the side ledges?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 12:30:10 »
Where would you put the modeling clay? Between pcb and plate? Or under pcb where it touches the side ledges?

Just under the PCB to support it, probably at the corners and center.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 12:40:28 »

ok thanks, thats what i wanted to know, because I want to switch to cherry stabilizers with my filco and vortex case. Where would you put the modeling clay? Between pcb and plate? Or under pcb where it touches the side ledges?

Here is the Leslieann thread complete with a few pictures showing where her 3d printed supports were placed.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline PolaBurrr

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 20:48:28 »

Here is the Leslieann thread complete with a few pictures showing where her 3d printed supports were placed.

I know where adapters would go, but modeling clay is a much more malleable material, and I don't think it would work if that is placed in between the plate and pcb. Most likely stuff it under at random places under the pcb to emulate standoffs.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 21:09:29 »
PolaBurrr, if you are interested, I have a set of those adapters that I will let you have for cost. I never used them. I bought them thinking I was going to get a vortex alu case, but I have decided not to get one after all so now I have these adapters just sitting here. Just pm me if interested.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 21:45:38 »
I PM'd Leslieann earlier today to see if she had any left. 

I'm hoping she does because I wasn't even thinking about needing something like that for a Vortex case.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Salisen

• "Fire and Blood."
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:36:54 »
Just wanted to note: if ever you start selling ISO Plates, I'd be interested in buying one (or two).
| QPAD MK-80 |

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:42:59 »

I'm hoping she does because I wasn't even thinking about needing something like that for a Vortex case.
I have an extra one. Margon is putting mine in the Keycool that's in my Sig and I just got another TKL in the mail today. Two of those should be enough. :P
Shoot me a PM if you want one.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline n7

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 16:30:06 »
This is probably a shot in the dark at this point, but did anyone buy an extra plate they didn't end up using? Mine ended up being defective. I returned it to strict and he gave me a refund (thanks for that, by the way)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 16:32:50 »
This is probably a shot in the dark at this point, but did anyone buy an extra plate they didn't end up using? Mine ended up being defective. I returned it to strict and he gave me a refund (thanks for that, by the way)

What was wrong with it?

I'd buy it off him if it wasn't too bad

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 16:36:28 »

You're in luck. I did buy an extra that I am not using. PM me and we'll sort out the details.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline n7

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 16:42:36 »

What was wrong with it?

I'd buy it off him if it wasn't too bad
strict mentioned that he would be taking it back to the shop to get a refund from them, so I'm not sure if that would be an option. However, this is quoted verbatim from the message I sent strict:
It looks like something messed up the plate during the cutting process, because one of the mounting holes is actually a little stunted. I can't even fit a switch into this mounting hole on the board: http://i.imgur.com/cgFNxoM.jpg

In addition to this, the switch mounts below and to the left of this one appear to be shifted down slightly: http://i.imgur.com/21VZ8IH.jpg

Because of the offset of the switch mounts on the left side of the plate, I couldn't even mount it to my PCB with only the four corner switches attached (I could try, but the PCB would bend some or one of the switches would end up sitting at an angle that would prevent it from even operating properly)

I had also already taken a dremel to some of the mounting holes to get it to fit in my FC200R's case (but this was minor, really just widening a couple of the existing holes)

Offline n7

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 16:44:10 »

You're in luck. I did buy an extra that I am not using. PM me and we'll sort out the details.
Awesome, thanks. sent you a PM  :thumb:

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 16:52:17 »
Aw, yea, he probably gave it to them in order to get the refund.

And luck you. Was looking to get a plate as well.

Glad you were able to get an extra one off whiskytango

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 17:10:18 »

I have an extra one. Margon is putting mine in the Keycool that's in my Sig and I just got another TKL in the mail today. Two of those should be enough. :P
Shoot me a PM if you want one.

I have a plate.  I was talking about the plate adapters that Leslieann makes to make uTKL plates fit in the aluminum Vortex cases.

Thanks though :)
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #220 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:20:14 »
Always late :( I'm really interested in one if anyone's planning on selling theirs or someone has an extra... can't believe I missed it again :[

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:09:47 »
I have a spare one. Bit I live in The Netherlands so shipping might be expensive.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline digiosia

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:13:43 »
Looking to buy a plate, I live in Canada and am willing to cover shipping costs for the most part.

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 12:47:24 »
Looking for a plate as well. I'm in the US. Please let me know if you have one available. Thanks!

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 12:56:50 »
Looking for a plate as well. I'm in the US. Please let me know if you have one available. Thanks!

Strict currently runs Round 2 for this plates!

Check the GB section  :thumb:

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #225 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 13:10:22 »

Strict currently runs Round 2 for this plates!

Check the GB section  :thumb:

The plates from this thread are different than the Phantom ones I'm currently selling. Phantom plates will not fit on on boards where the controller is on the top (Filco, QFR, Ducky, etc). uTKL plates will work with the Phantom PCB but Phantom plates will not fit on most mass-produced TKL PCB's.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 11:08:29 »
Crossing my fingers for a round 2 as well. :)

Strict currently has his hands full with the Phantom plate GB, so we'll have to wait at least until that gets wrapped up before he can gauge interest. Keep an eye on the IC forum!
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 October 2014, 11:10:51 by Arcoril »

Offline DzyDzyDino

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 10:07:20 »
I would also be interested in a round 2. (And for 60% or 75% sizes!)

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 18:19:22 »
NECROI'M DESPERATE

r2 pls
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 18:21:42 »

NECROI'M DESPERATE

r2 pls

If there's enough interest I would consider getting the ball rolling on another group buy.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 18:37:31 »

NECROI'M DESPERATE

r2 pls

If there's enough interest I would consider getting the ball rolling on another group buy.

bless you, mister.

you are a kind person
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 18:40:29 »

NECROI'M DESPERATE

r2 pls

I am also very interested. 

Offline honoka

« Reply #233 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 18:27:58 »
Strong interest for these plates in ISO. Need 5 of them :P

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 02:09:42 »
Strict, there is definitely enough interest. I need one of these, please :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 04:44:38 »
Very interested uTKL plate. Hope you run both.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2015, 04:46:24 by quochung1989 »

Offline jchou

« Reply #236 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 08:50:57 »
Strict :Is it possible to have GB run on 2016?
I will need 3 pices of this plate.
Thanks
Jchou