Author Topic: Anyone else playing BF3 ?  (Read 6947 times)

Offline enoy21

Anyone else playing BF3 ?
« on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 20:11:16 »
If , so what do you think ?   What device are you playing on ?  How is it playing for you ?

The first two days of the early access Were absolutely horrid for me. I really felt like the game was an alpha build and needed another 6 months before release.

Since then , They've released newer builds and the past two nights have been much much better.

My system is  :

AMD 955 BE @ 3.8 (3.4 stock)
ATI HD 5850 @ 925/1250 (725/1000 stock )
4GB Ram
Win7 x64

Using the 11.10 preview drivers I get about 45 FPS average on High settings and 65 Average on medium.  I actually like the battllog even though I hate Facebook and the like.   I love that it has all of your info and friends info right there  with easy access.  

There are many bugs still in the game but it's much much smoother now than it was the first two nights. That's for sure.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]
Filco MJ2 Ninja 87 [sold]

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 20:37:23 »
My System:
Windows 7 x64
Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3Ghz
Radeon HD 4850 /w 512MB ram
4GB RAM

It was basically unplayable on day 1, but I will try again tonight. The catalyst 11.10 drivers apparently don't do anything for the 4000 series cards. I'm glad they're doing this; it's basically a demo in my mind.

Home: Topre Realforce 87W45  /  Mionix Naos 3200
Work: Topre Realforce 87B  /  Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Offline bigpook

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 20:56:12 »
Waiting for it to be available on the PS3. I remember when BF2 first came out. It took a few months before they got the bugs worked out.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 21:10:31 »
It took a few months before they got the bugs worked out.
Seems to be DICE's modus operandi.

The updates help somewhat, and the game is more playable on my computer. There is still a bit of input lag, but most players probably wouldn't notice (though it drives me crazy).

Offline slueth

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 21:24:57 »
Works well on ultra for me.  Haven't encountered a ton of bugs but my friend on the ps3 has.  Falling through the floor and such.  I really am enjoying the beta.  Too bad that there is only one map and caspian is not available atm.

Offline Bilbin

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 22:06:30 »
I haven't tried it myself, and won't be, but I was really glad to know that they made it an open beta because that is the best way to release a game correctly nowadays. Red Orchestra 2 is practically dead now 'cause it had a closed beta. The reception at the main competitive gaming community in Australia, CyberGamer, is that the bullet damage is a bit too strong and that most people are sitting in bushes with SVDs so they don't die. :confused:
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline enoy21

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 22:34:35 »
The last couple days It has played very smooth for me.  A few obvious bugs need to be worked out and I imagine they will be reducing the speed with which you gather points.   It's amazing how quickly you can rack up points and levels in the game
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline Tetsuma

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 22:50:47 »
Played it for a couple days. Its pathetic. After all the juvenile trash talking EA/DICE did to promote the game, it comes out as a hybrid between BC2 and Medal of Honor. Graphics are pretty nice, but gameplay is weak. I'm sure all the CoD contrarians will get it when it launches, but its a waste of $25 if you value gameplay. I'll be sticking to Red Orchestra 2 until it inevitably dies.

So now we have CoD for the next triple-A fps title, which I wasn't remotely excited or interested in to begin with.

On the bright side, DARK SOULS SOON!

Offline ironman31

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 02 October 2011, 00:35:43 »
Quote from: Tetsuma;424860
Played it for a couple days. Its pathetic. After all the juvenile trash talking EA/DICE did to promote the game, it comes out as a hybrid between BC2 and Medal of Honor. Graphics are pretty nice, but gameplay is weak. I'm sure all the CoD contrarians will get it when it launches, but its a waste of $25 if you value gameplay. I'll be sticking to Red Orchestra 2 until it inevitably dies.

So now we have CoD for the next triple-A fps title, which I wasn't remotely excited or interested in to begin with.

On the bright side, DARK SOULS SOON!

I agree on the fact that the BF3 beta sucks pretty bad, but the graphics are terrible, don't know where you see the good in them.

And about Dark Souls, a straight quote from the ign video review, "If you play games to be entertained, this game is not for you" -_- Isn't that the point of a video game? Of course I don't really like games to be "good" only because they kick your ass. A game can still be rewarding and fun even if it doesn't make you cry and feel like you have just been raped at the end of a session.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline slueth

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 02 October 2011, 05:24:50 »
Hey hey don't trash talk RO2, its an awesome game.  They are fixing the bugs and it runs really well for me.  My friends and I are having tons of fun playing in the tanks :D. Ro2 is not going to die, there is mods coming and more steam sales, free updates to pump up userbase.  I like BF3 also, just because the beta map is crappy and cramped doesn't mean its trashy.  The gfx are pretty good, I didn't see anything wrong with it, unless you are playing it on console.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 October 2011, 05:29:13 by slueth »

Offline Mayor Winters

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 02 October 2011, 05:39:24 »
almost AVG of 60fps in metro outside with:

Intel i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz (undervolt)
4GB Gskill Ripjaws X 1600
GTX570 @ 800/2000 + 285.38 beta
Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3

Im loving it!!!!! :D, Despite sometimes, a long time of metro gameplay could be boring.
The more keyboards we have, the more keyboards we want.

Offline enoy21

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02 October 2011, 07:44:02 »
I have to disagree with the BF3 is **** comments.   So far I really love it once they get the stability straight.    I've played all of the BF series since the beginning minus 2142 and BC1 and this is the best iteration by far.    I liked MW2 ok , but played that on console rather than on PC.

Right now I think it's unfair to judge anything about the game other than visual/sound aspects and performance on your PC.   With only one map available and no vehicles , Plus the Frostbite engine dumbed down you really can't tell much about how the live gameplay will be.  

One of the designers actually said that they have the level of destruction turned down pretty drastically right now for the beta but that it will greatly increase before live.  

On thing that I've found is how critical unlocks are as well as your standard map learning needs.  Once I got my scope/heavy barrel and foregrip , my accuracy went WAY up.

After the stability issues and adjusting to the fluidity of the animations i think It's pretty awesome.  

Keep in mind these were my complaints the first 2 days ( GREATLY IMPROVED SINCE THEN )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD 955BE @ 3.8
Ram: 4GB
Video: ATI HD5850@ 925/1225 (11.10 preview drivers)
Video Settings : Auto(High) or Medium

Issues/unacceptable for launch :

BattleLog
-Generic error when trying to join a server ( Clearing browser history and logging back into Battlelog fixes this )
-Clicking "Find server" more than once to refresh the population lists causes it to lose sorting and you have to re-sort
-Error : Your account is not allowed to login

In game:

-Changing settings unavailable until in a Live match being shot at (Settings require you to close the game and relaunch to take effect ... So you have to join a server, load the map , change the settings then leave the server and start all over )
-Prone crawling causes severe screen jitter
-Prone crawling causes you to see beneath the world 50% of the time
-Server DC at the end of a match (This seems to happen mostly on Multiplay servers for me... others aren't as frequent)
-Changing key-bindings cause me to lose my mouse cursor
-Health/Ammo packs blowing up walls
-Player spawns push you away ( In hiding 3 players spawn on me and keep pushing me out of my cover that I can't back into because they now fill that spot )
-Inability to kill someone when they are Arming/Disarming a node I emptied half a clip of an assault rifle from point blank range into someone arming the node. He didn't die until 10 seconds later after arming it.
-General game glitches ( Player models , screen freezes bouncing when in prone )

Lacking/Suggestions ( I assume will be in live )

-Battlog servers not updating often enough causing a DC at the end of a 45 minute match to lose all stats for that match.
-Mouse Bindings unavailable
-Weapon select speeds are too slow 50% faster would make a huge difference
-Grenade distance is too low
-Scope flair is not a flair it's a flashlight. This needs to be dimmed when outside or atleast make sure that silenced weapons do not have the scope flair indoors or out.
-Dead enemies need some type of notification or visual marker. I can't tell you how many times I ran over a dead body only to have it turn and shoot me because he was just in prone and waiting on me.
-Arm/Disarm notifications needs to be moved or more obvious. Many times I was forced to look away from the enemies to ensure that the Arm/Disarm was still functioning.
-We could use some type of audio marker to let us know that the Defibs were applied. I didn't hear any sound when I did it and had to focus on the screen to ensure that it actually landed on the person.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The general stability was greatly improved last night but the DC at the end of a match seeemed to persist when I used the " Quick match" feature. Two of my better games got DC'd at the very end losing all progress.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline Tetsuma

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 07:06:27 »
Quote from: slueth;424928
Hey hey don't trash talk RO2, its an awesome game.

I'm not 'trash talking it'. I'm commenting on where it is currently heading, as we generally have only one or two full servers here in Australia. When the game launched we had nine or ten full ones. I love it, its got to be some of the most mature mechanics i've seen in any game. But people are getting frustrated and are playing it less. Its going to be hard to get people back into it once stats have been reset and we can earn upgrades. They'll probably need to go f2p.

The expansions are apparently set for release late/mid next year...

Quote from: ironman31;424889
I agree on the fact that the BF3 beta sucks pretty bad, but the graphics are terrible, don't know where you see the good in them.
The soft shadowing is nice, and the color grading between outside and underground is really nice.
Not much to write home about in terms of character design and their textures.

Quote from: ironman21;424889
And about Dark Souls, a straight quote from the ign video review, "If you play games to be entertained, this game is not for you" -_- Isn't that the point of a video game? Of course I don't really like games to be "good" only because they kick your ass. A game can still be rewarding and fun even if it doesn't make you cry and feel like you have just been raped at the end of a session.

Try Demon Souls and you'll understand. Its very frustrating, but very satisfying when you progress/kill a boss. Its a nice polar opposite to most modern games where AI yells out what to do "SHOOT THE LIGHT PART OF x, y and z TO KILL IT!". You have to think for yourself. Its nice.

Offline enoy21

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 07:20:51 »
Yeah I played Demon souls, After getting through a few bosses I got frustrated and shelved it for a month or three.... but then when I ran out of other games to play I picked it back up and started over again.    Gettin getting the jumpstart and having certain paths Burned into my retna's because of the 50 times trying to get through them helped.  

I was finally able to beat it , but I don't think I'll be getting Dark Souls.  I may have some masochist tendencies , but I don't think  I want to go through that frustration again. lol   Beating the first one was enough to satisfy my competitive " Can I do it? "   Mentality.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline ironman31

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 08:38:44 »
Don't get me wrong, Dark Souls looks like a really great game, but games that make you start at the beginning of a level when you die don't really sit well with me. I don't mind them being hard, but having to redo something you've already done a million times would frustrate me to the point where I'm not enjoying myself... and isn't that the point of a videogame?
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline enoy21

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 08:47:36 »
I don't even mind the the starting at the beginning of the level deal  It's like a throw back to original NES games where that's all you could do.  I DO dislike losing all my **** and having to get back to my gear before dying  with no way to port back and forth to the bank to deposit them.   Especially since the game doesn't maintain all of the mobs you have killed when you port into the Nexus.

I think even Diablo 2 kept the mobs dead because there was no screen reloading.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline ironman31

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 08:50:52 »
yeah, I think I'll just wait for Skyrim.
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline Jim66

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 12:20:15 »
I know most of you guys don't care for console gaming, but the BF3 beta on the PS3 has been getting steadily better over the past couple of days. When it was released last week it was soooo frustrating to play, now it isn't that bad. Hopefully they will continue to iron out the bugs before it's released.

Offline enoy21

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 12:24:11 »
I got my Fiance' playing BF3 on PS3 the other day , yesterday she actually said she WANTED TO WATCH ME PLAY last night so she can learn some of the tactics.     o_0 ?      Thank God she doesn't play on PC , I would hate to have to let her shoot me once in a while.     She's as competitive as me and if I didn't let her win a few matches , I would be SOOOOO cut off.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline enoy21

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 07:49:52 »
Caspian border to be released for stress tests this weekend.

http://www.enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=5032&sid=f6232f8603924e07cb8bd989c1992eab
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline Jim66

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 07:51:54 »
Grrr, not for the PS3 it isn't.

Offline enoy21

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 08:01:05 »
No but there is some promising news for the console owners::

http://www.enterbf3.com/
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline ironman31

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 08:55:22 »
So I'm a hypocrite. Bought dark souls, and yeah, its hard as ****. Have not gotten to play much, too much school
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline enoy21

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 10:22:33 »
Nothing wrong with that.... And yeah.... It brings new meaning to "BRUTALITY"  no doubt , based on my experience with Demon Souls.    Most bosses I beat I had to beat with Youtube videos of glitches.  It was hard enough just getting TO the boss.  To die within his chamber and try and get back to him , get my body AND still kill him was too much for this gamer.     The game was much much more enjoyable for me by glitching out the bosses.  ( call me a hacker I guess )
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline enoy21

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 20 October 2011, 17:58:29 »
Got my preload email today.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield 3.  We would like to remind you
that your pre-load of the game begins tomorrow, October 21st.  You will
receive an Email from us tomorrow by 11:59pm PDT, which will include
your order information and instructions on how to begin your pre-load.

Sincerely,
The Origin Team

Sucks that I start with the new company on Wednesday so my nights will be pretty loaded down for a few weeks.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline Striketh

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 20 October 2011, 20:49:02 »
I'll be picking up BF3 on PC sometime after the 1st, though with all the other games coming out I'm going to feel incredibly overwhelmed trying to get to them all!

I just finished Dark Souls recently and really enjoyed that game. It took me 92 hours to complete my first play through and what a ride it was. I got in with the amazon pre-order bonus a while back where if you pre-ordered the standard edition you were upgraded to the collector's edition at no additional charge. It came in a really nice tin, and with a fancy art book (IMO). Though, the European edition had a bit of a better art book then what came with the US edition.

I haven't been excited for this many games in a long time. I think the game publishers are going to have to try really hard in 2012 to beat out 2011, because this has been an amazing year for gamers.

Offline Largest Person

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 21 October 2011, 22:36:43 »
I loved battlefield 2 but they didn't bring back some things into bf3 namely the old squad system. And after seeing the new commercial, I'm not reallly convinced to buy this game..I GOT 99 PROBREMS BUT A ***** AINT WUN. Such a retarded commercial.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 21 October 2011, 23:09:08 »
I pre-loaded today around 2PMish.  The DL went extremely fast @ 3mb/s.  I had the entire game downloaded in under 2 hours.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline enoy21

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 22 October 2011, 09:10:09 »
I just started my Pre load. I assume we are getting the day one patch as well and only the Brick and Morter DvD copies will have a new DL on live date ?

Quote from: Largest Person;436484
I loved battlefield 2 but they didn't bring back some things into bf3 namely the old squad system. And after seeing the new commercial, I'm not reallly convinced to buy this game..I GOT 99 PROBREMS BUT A ***** AINT WUN. Such a retarded commercial.

It's kind of funny that you mention that commercial.  The day they opened the beta when everything was absolutly horrid , the main page of the site had :

OPEN BETA NOW LIVE

Then

"99 problems but ..... " advertising

I thought " How Ironic"  

After playing about 20 hours in the Beta , I had a really hard time going back to BFBC2.  I've barely played since and I was playing about 20 hours a week prior.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 22 October 2011, 13:22:42 »
Quote from: enoy21;436665
After playing about 20 hours in the Beta , I had a really hard time going back to BFBC2.  I've barely played since and I was playing about 20 hours a week prior.

Ditto.  I haven't even played a game of BC2 since the BF3 beta ended and I used to get about 12 hours a week in BC2.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Lpb45

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 12:13:33 »
1 more day!
Topre - 86U   |   Filco - Tenkeyless Linear Red
Filco - Tenkeyless Blue       |   Filco - Fullsize Non NKRO Blue (Work)

Offline slueth

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 18:31:56 »
Rawr im rdy!

Offline enoy21

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 19:08:35 »
I'm highly considering getting up at 2 am to get some coffee and get in a few rounds before work tomorrow.    Not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow night with all of the work stuff going on.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 07:51:51 »
I might pick it up today. My computer won't run it worth a damn... but eventually I'll be playing it a lot. God knows that's been true of previous Battlefield games.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 07:54:49 »
I am thinking about getting this but, I want to see if it's going to be "laggy" like the beta.

Offline Jim66

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 08:03:52 »
Sadly I'm going to have to put this off until I have finished writing my MSc thesis in a couple of weeks. I know for a fact that if I buy it I'll end up wasting a couple of days.

It's gonna be sooooo sweet when I'm finished though :).

Offline enoy21

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 08:11:29 »
I got up at 3 am to play today and I loved it.    The biggest issue right now is lock ups between map loads.  I know a few other ATI users are having the same issue , but not sure if it's launch day issues or drivers.

Overall though it was very very smooth gameplay for me.

50-60 FPS on high settings using 2 year old hardware.  It seems to be mostly GPU intensive as the CPU never got above 75% (Unlike BC2 that maxed the CPU)
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline sinis

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 09:10:14 »
I want to play it on THIS...

BF3 will arrive at the weekend.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 13:13:18 »
Quote from: enoy21;438798
I got up at 3 am to play today and I loved it.    The biggest issue right now is lock ups between map loads.  I know a few other ATI users are having the same issue , but not sure if it's launch day issues or drivers.

Overall though it was very very smooth gameplay for me.

50-60 FPS on high settings using 2 year old hardware.  It seems to be mostly GPU intensive as the CPU never got above 75% (Unlike BC2 that maxed the CPU)

I'm playing with 2 6970s in xfire and am not having lock ups between map loading.  I do occasionally join a server and the map loads, then the screen goes black but there is sound.  Multiplayer is definitely fun, but the single player is freaking infuriating (even on normal difficulty settings).  I'm stuck at the level where you have man to the LMG on the overpass.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline enoy21

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 13:50:38 »
Hmm , what drivers are you running ? I have the initial 11.10 preview drivers they put out , but didn't they put out another set ?
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline enoy21

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 19:48:11 »
It seems others were having some issues with ATI Tray Tools that I was using, so I just removed it and went with the CCC to see how it does.  I just hate bloat.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 25 October 2011, 21:25:22 »
So... I'm sort of shocked at how well it's running on my machine, especially considering how unplayable the beta was. My system is basically at the minimum requirements, and I'm playing with low settings at around 50-60fps.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 01:15:14 »
Quote from: enoy21;439035
Hmm , what drivers are you running ? I have the initial 11.10 preview drivers they put out , but didn't they put out another set ?

I'm still on 11.9.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 09:24:18 »
Game is fun for the 23 minutes I've put in. :happy: Co-op wasn't working when I tried at launch. Anyone try it?
Topre || BS > *
my root : kidchunks[dot]com

Offline enoy21

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 11:00:39 »
11.10v3 is working well now that I've removed ATT. I loved that program for it's overlay and voltage settings, but with BF3 it was uneeded as I can :

'render.drawfps 1'  and see a big ugly 1980's representation of my FPS and I moded the Bios so I don't have to software tweak voltages anymore.

I'm getting about 50-70 FPS with the hardware/clocks listed in the OP
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline Jim66

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 12:52:51 »

Offline Retox

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 22:14:30 »
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting extremely smooth framerates (I don't know the actual number but it has to be above 60) with a single reference GTX 570. What lagging issues?!
QFR with ergo clears

Offline enoy21

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 22:22:45 »
They enabled the command controls so you can find out by pressing

~

Render.drawfps 1

Press

Press ~ again to leave command window.
WASD 104 work
WASD 104 home
WASD 104 [not my style]

Offline peda

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 28 October 2011, 07:02:11 »
Quote from: Daniel Beaver;439470
So... I'm sort of shocked at how well it's running on my machine, especially considering how unplayable the beta was. My system is basically at the minimum requirements, and I'm playing with low settings at around 50-60fps.

those are exactly my thoughts. My specs are between minimal and recommended requirements and I get pretty much all the time over 40 fps on the auto settings (medium /high).

But actually I am even more impressed by the netcode. I only had a change to play on a 3g mobile connection and hadn't hardly any noticable lag even on full 64 player maps.

Overall I have to say it is a great job by Dice but EA ****s up a bit by insisting on using the pos of origin ...