Author Topic: Pulled Pork Sandwiches  (Read 5859 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
« on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:34:48 »
They make great lunches, don't they? I just ate mine at work today and it was delicious.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Pulled Pork Sandwiches
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:35:30 »
Man I'm eating lunch and the idea of a pulled pork sandwich still makes me hungry.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:36:37 »
I packed a roll with a slice of cheese, and then heated up my leftover pulled pork in the microwave before adding it to the sandwich. Made the entire office hungry!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline t2russo

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:36:42 »
2 hours til my lunch break.  I wasn't hungry til this came up in spy...

Offline osi

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:37:30 »
If I had to choose one meat to eat for the rest of my life, it would be pulled pork.

We all know the best is made in North Carolina.

Offline osi

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:37:55 »
I packed a roll with a slice of cheese, and then heated up my leftover pulled pork in the microwave before adding it to the sandwich. Made the entire office hungry!

Cheeeeeseeee??? noooooo

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:38:51 »

Cheeeeeseeee??? noooooo

Nah, I like 'em with cheese and slaw. Makes for a real tasty lunch!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:41:41 »

Cheeeeeseeee??? noooooo

You know what else is good with slaw? fried chicken!

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:43:24 »

Cheeeeeseeee??? noooooo

You know what else is good with slaw? fried chicken!

That it is! Now you're making me hungry again, even after eating my pulled pork sandwich.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:26:22 »

The best is made by somebody who really knows how to do it right.

There used to be a place in Knoxville, Tennessee, that was the best ever, hands down, in my opinion.

The old owners died off/sold off and it has re-opened under the same name, but it is worthless now.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline osi

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:36:45 »

This is true. I'll keep my bias though!! :D

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:41:01 »

There used to be a place in Knoxville, Tennessee, that was the best ever, hands down, in my opinion.

The old owners died off/sold off and it has re-opened under the same name, but it is worthless now.

There's a place in Cleveland, TN that still has some pretty danm good pulled pork, Jordan's BBQ off of Stuart. Large portions and they leave you enough BBQ sauce to drown it in. ****, now I'm hungry too...

Offline osi

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 07:17:10 »
Could really go for some nice bbq today or even brisket. Hrmmm

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 07:18:22 »
Man I'm eating lunch and the idea of a pulled pork sandwich still makes me hungry.

I ended up having a BBQ that night. :D

Offline Kayla

• :3
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 07:31:47 »
I put hot sauce on my pulled port sandwiches. ;)

Offline osi

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 07:34:39 »

Hot sauce only or hot sauce/bbq mix ??

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 07:46:41 »
Pulled pork sandwich: best served slathered in BBQ sauce and with a slice of provolone.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:02:01 »
Pulled pork sandwich: best served slathered in BBQ sauce and with a slice of provolone.

what about the pickles?

Offline engicoder

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:02:57 »
If I had to choose one meat to eat for the rest of my life, it would be pulled pork.

Eastern or Western NC BBQ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue_in_North_Carolina
BTW, the correct answer is Eastern  ;D

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:04:17 »
I am not a fan of pickles on sandwiches. I eat my pickles with cheese.

Dill pickles and sharp cheddar. mmmm...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:12:56 »
Pulled Pork Sandwiches in "other geeky stuff"?... I approve

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:13:39 »
Pulled Pork Sandwiches in "other geeky stuff"?... I approve

A geek's gotta eat...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline osi

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:21:10 »

Eastern or Western NC BBQ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue_in_North_Carolina
BTW, the correct answer is Eastern  ;D

Eastern all the way but if you put a western style in front of me, it wouldn't last too long either.

You guys are killing me with the cheese. STAHP it :D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 09:06:00 »

Eastern all the way but if you put a western style in front of me, it wouldn't last too long either.

You guys are killing me with the cheese.

Vinegar and pepper need to be the first 2 ingredients of the sauce, period. I can tolerate small amounts of tomato or mustard in a sauce if handled carefully, but I loathe sweet barbeque sauces. In the absence of a good barbeque sauce, something like Tobasco or Pete's, straight out of the bottle, is often acceptable and preferable to a bad homemade sauce.

The vast majority of barbeque is ruined by being too greasy. Really good barbeque must be moist and tender, but with good starting ingredients and careful cooking, the fat can be rendered out while keeping the moisture (hence the long cooking times at well below the boiling point of water).

Really good barbeque does not really need sauce at all.

And sour slaw is the only acceptable condiment.

PS - the place I loved, years ago, prepared (on rare occasions) sliced brisket which they served with cheese, and it was not too bad.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline osi

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 10:15:15 »

Really good barbeque does not really need sauce at all.

Quite a true statement here. Picked up a REALLY good batch of pulled pork years ago from a hole in the wall with a screen door and about a 15-20 minute line just to get your order in. The purchase was packed into several gallon size ziploc bags. Had the pleasure of enjoying it for breakfast,lunch, and dinner.

There are BBQ joints here in Central Florida but unfortunately they are not as prevalent as they were back home growing up. There hasn't been a shop that I can really say, "Damn this BBQ is good, I must have more". The closest thing I can get to gooooooood stuff has been a recent new contender here--goes by the name of 4Rivers. Doesn't knock my socks off but it works in a pinch.

Nowadays, the closest thing that I regularly eat that is similar is pork shoulder prepared Puerto Rican style called pernil. Traditionally, the cook tends to be a bit fatty/greasy but brushing that aside, the flavor is fantastic. Pair that up with some mofongo and you've got yourself a little succulent taste of heaven.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 10:17:44 »
I'm looking forward to getting some good BBQ from a hole in the wall place when we go on vacation this summer. I always buy a couple bottles of the sauce to bring back with me to.

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 11:14:18 »
I'm looking forward to getting some good BBQ from a hole in the wall place when we go on vacation this summer. I always buy a couple bottles of the sauce to bring back with me to.

Will you make me some food?
I hungy, and you like food, I like food, why don't we just make love and call the end to this story. :)
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 11:19:16 »

I hungy, and you like food, I like food, why don't we just make love and call the end to this story. :)

Being you are in Canada I'll refer you to Halverson, he can handle your needs.

Offline Kayla

• :3
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 11:40:29 »

Hot sauce only or hot sauce/bbq mix ??
Hot Sauce, Montreal speak spice and kraft hickory bbq. Crushed red pepper sometimes.

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 14:24:16 »

Being you are in Canada I'll refer you to Halverson, he can handle your needs.

:O, I must locate this beautiful man of food making glory.. however It'll have to wait a week, got a sore throat, so I'll be downing Buckley's like nobody's business
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 15:00:25 »
I favor Cuban style greatly over American barbeque. Too bad for me there is nowhere near me that can manage to make it and I hate slow cooking things in the summer when it is already too damn hot inside and the landlord have forbidden any kind of grills or smokers to have outside even!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 15:16:39 »
I have to go to the hood to get good Cuban sandwiches in Newark, NJ.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 15:20:47 »
Hood is always where all the best restaurants are! Nice areas only seem to have **** restaurants where they make badly prepared bland crap for lame white people... occasionally there is something good, but it will be horrendously overpriced to the hood option.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 15:27:02 »
Man now I want some Cuban food....a few years ago there was a little mom and pop restaurant around where my parents live that had a buffet of authentic cuban food for lunch and half the time I had no idea what exactly it was I was eating but it was all so good. Sadly it closed after a while.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 16:08:34 »
Yea.

Usually, I have to go to the hole-in-the-wall place in the hood to get the really good Cuban sandwiches.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 16:25:28 »
good Cuban sandwiches in Newark, NJ.

I worked in West Orange a few years ago and there was a great little BBQ-esque place near the ice rink, I think the owner was from Peru.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 16:29:05 »
We have this great BBQ place, Barbecue country, near us. It's in this tiny town that pretty much is one big truck stop, and the restaurant is pretty sketchy, but delicious :D
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 23:44:08 »
Pulled pork is pretty delicious. And pretty much everything's better with cheese melted over it. You just can't beat cheese.

My condolences to the lactose-intolerant among us
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 23:50:12 »
Pulled pork is pretty delicious. And pretty much everything's better with cheese melted over it. You just can't beat cheese.

ewwww. never, ever.

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Mr. D

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 21:52:42 »

I can dig it.

Edit:

No.
QFR | Model M | AT101W

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 21:59:33 »

nah man, memphis all the way

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 22:06:14 »

No.

No, the lactose-intolerant should suffer? I respectfully disagree.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 13:19:49 »
I have a feeling they were saying no to the concept of putting cheese on barbeque... in many parts that is a big no no. Sauce, and perhaps depending where you are chopped raw onion, pickles, hot peppers, barbeque slaw are good... but not cheese.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 June 2014, 13:22:35 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 13:44:01 »
I have a feeling they were saying no to the concept of putting cheese on barbeque... in many parts that is a big no no. Sauce, and perhaps depending where you are chopped raw onion, pickles, hot peppers, barbeque slaw are good... but not cheese.

Oh, that makes more sense. That's not the case around here. I usually do pulled pork in a slow cooker, in any case.

If you don't put cheese on the bbq, how do you make cheeseburgers?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 14:42:25 »
In the US barbeque is a style, usually slow smoke cooked of which pulled pork often falls into. Cooking burgers and other things on the outdoor grill is something different... though some people do call it barbequing in some areas it's not the same thing necessarily.

Offline Mr. D

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 14:48:19 »
Yeah, this.  Cheese on a BBQ sandwich would net you some strange looks around here.
QFR | Model M | AT101W

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 14:51:58 »
You learn something new every day. On good days like today, you learn several new things. Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Strange looks aside, I still think it's tasty