Author Topic: New Member - Netherlands  (Read 1541 times)

Offline jon86

New Member - Netherlands
« on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 09:46:50 »
Hi all, stumbled on your site 2 years ago but recently decided to join so I can search trough the fora more easily.

At this moment I om only using a mechanical keyboard at work. It is a Noppoo Choc mini with brown cherries and so far the experience has been great. Now I am also searching for a replacement for my crappy logitech at home. I am looking for a full size US layout keyboard, preferentially with a minimalist design, PBT caps and with media keys. I do like the design of the Topre Realforce, Leopolds 750R and the ducky premier series, but I am open for any other suggestions.

Cheers,
Jon

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
Re: New Member - Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 10:06:10 »
Hi!

Welcome to geekhack! Are you looking for a particular type of switch? What is the maximum price for it?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline jon86

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 10:58:06 »
Hi,

My current favorite is mx brown, but I would like to also try some Topres in the near future. Prices are not that important but preferably below 200 EUR.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 17:17:56 »
I also started with MX Brown board (you can see it in my signature) and then I bought a Poker II w/ MX Blues. I just gave my Ducky to a friend for Christmas. I want to try Topre also. I will get a Novatouch as soon as I can. If you look in the classified I've seen some RF for less than 200€. You could check it out.

Do you know what type of Topre board you're interested in?

Offline jon86

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 11:33:56 »
Thanks for the advise. I will definitely keep a watch on the classified forum. I really like the look of the RF and the PBT caps. In general, I am not a big fan of CM but their Novatouch looks kinda neutral and it comes with mediakeys. But it is a shame that it did not come with PBT caps and that there is no 104 version.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:02:24 »
Yeah I hesitated a long time between a RF or a Novatouch. Yeah that's a pity it doesn't have PBT keycaps but the main goal of the board are the Topre switches compatible with cherry MX keycaps. So they included cheap keycaps set so the boars is not expensive and you can put the set you like.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 22:38:06 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Hint: search doesn't get better if you join.  I usually just use Google with the tag "site:geekhack.org".

As for keyboards, have you considered Ducky?  The Pro line comes with PBT keycaps and it has media keys.

Otherwise if you can get a Topre board - go for it!  The only thing is that they have ABS space bars, although there is a PBT Topre space bar interest check thread running atm.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jon86

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 15:48:56 »
Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought about the Ducky premier/pro line but I couldn't find them with brown mx. Instead I have now purchased the  Leopold FC900R, which has pbt keys, mediakeys and the brown switches. I am very happy with the build quality and the minimalistic look. I am now also considering to buy the TKL for my work.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 January 2015, 15:54:11 by jon86 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 22:16:07 »
Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought about the Ducky premier/pro line but I couldn't find them with brown mx. Instead I have now purchased the  Leopold FC900R, which has pbt keys, mediakeys and the brown switches. I am very happy with the build quality and the minimalistic look. I am now also considering to buy the TKL for my work.

Leopolds are good :)

Looks like they have a sensible space bar now - that used to be a killer when they had a non-standard stem spacing on the space bars and you wanted to find a replacement keycap set.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SlechtValk

• Ducky Zero DK2108 (Brown)
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 16:29:01 »

I am aware this is a pretty old post, but where have you bought the Leopold?
Any trouble with customs?
And if I may be so bold, what did you pay for it?
--
Hans (also from the Netherlands)
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 March 2015, 16:30:53 by SlechtValk »