Author Topic: The Street Fighter V Thread  (Read 21991 times)

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
Re: The Street Fighter V Thread
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 21:21:06 »
So, buy now and regret or wait eight months and get all DLC, four new characters, story mode, and backrub for $20 less?

If you'll put in the time to play the game, now.

If you're going to just have it collecting dust in an ocean of steam games then I'm sure you can wait. 

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 22:17:02 »
So, buy now and regret or wait eight months and get all DLC, four new characters, story mode, and backrub for $20 less?

Depends on your interest level, of course. If you're planning to take this game seriously, you certainly need it now to keep up with all the mechanical tech bound to come up.

HHKB         Razer BlackWidow     Steelseries 6gv2         Logitech G710+
                   Evil Geniuses Edition   MX Red & Brown

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 01:42:40 »
What are people's thoughts on the new fighters?

Offline filphil

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 02:37:11 »
Haven't played enough to tell you. That'll change this weekend though

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 03:43:04 »

The core mechanics of the game take time to learn and Ryu (great starting character) is already out. A friend of mine REFUSED to play SF4 because "SF5 will be much less bull**** and fair", never learned fundamentals, footsies, neutral, or anti air and now I think he regret his decision.

god i hate geekhack.

now i want a fight stick and i dont even play SF.

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

What are people's thoughts on the new fighters?

Hate the use of lights, force frame traps and tick throws, no real rushdown, each situation is worth 40-50% life, and did I mention how much I hate how they use lights in the game?

Really since the game has no real offensive pressure, unless you have a SPD, its just who can get a life lead and sit on it. After messing around in the lab with Cammy I feel like she could be a threat and have some nice oki, but then again anything she tries can be counter with a SRK. But then again again not all the characters have great wakeup options (viewed from a invincibility perspective), so she could be a nice secondary vs some of the cast

Right now Im rocking that wilderbeast Necalli. Not because he is fun, but because he is very strong and actually has some very slight rushdown. Also that hair in V-Trigger? Gödläjk!
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 February 2016, 03:47:58 by GenKaan »
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline raymogi

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 04:18:01 »
Damn you guys sounds pro! I hope to never meet one of you online :D

I love SF since the day of SF2 but I'm never good enough for this game, just playing very casually despite all the fight sticks I'm rocking lol.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 04:27:06 »

The core mechanics of the game take time to learn and Ryu (great starting character) is already out. A friend of mine REFUSED to play SF4 because "SF5 will be much less bull**** and fair", never learned fundamentals, footsies, neutral, or anti air and now I think he regret his decision.

This really depends on whether you've played a fighting game seriously before..

Because it's mostly the same stuff..  hit this button here, wait, confirm, forward, back, confirm, engage

Slight variations here and there..

So, it's not imperative that you start NOW,  assuming you've played fighting games in the past..

You could just wait until the Early adopters work out the core stuff, and then go from there,  saves you alot of personal practice time,  because it's mostly a grind in the beginning.

In fact,  I'd say , you'd only get a NEW fighting game if you really enjoy grinding to find combo permutations..   Which I personally don't..

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 10:47:13 »

Because it's mostly the same stuff..  hit this button here, wait, confirm, forward, back, confirm, engage

So, it's not imperative that you start NOW,  assuming you've played fighting games in the past..

You could just wait until the Early adopters work out the core stuff, and then go from there,  saves you alot of personal practice time,  because it's mostly a grind in the beginning.

In fact,  I'd say , you'd only get a NEW fighting game if you really enjoy grinding to find combo permutations..   Which I personally don't..

Save time from wasting time in a game that is a waste of time :)

Either way its good to start early. Remember trying to get into SF4 around when AE2012 was out. Was so far behind and even if the meta was figured out, "fundamentals" takes a lot of time to figure out and get good at. So investing some time learning the basics of all characters in a game as simple as SF5 is critical. By the time you have figure all that out the meta will be established and then its just picking the character that represent the way you express yourself in the game

Thats why I play Necalli because he is kraykray!
http://gfycat.com/ElasticPoshChevrotain
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 11:35:33 »

Save time from wasting time in a game that is a waste of time :)

Either way its good to start early. Remember trying to get into SF4 around when AE2012 was out. Was so far behind and even if the meta was figured out, "fundamentals" takes a lot of time to figure out and get good at. So investing some time learning the basics of all characters in a game as simple as SF5 is critical. By the time you have figure all that out the meta will be established and then its just picking the character that represent the way you express yourself in the game

Thats why I play Necalli because he is kraykray!
http://gfycat.com/ElasticPoshChevrotain

I consider that --playing smart--..

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 15:10:57 »
Confirmed. I enjoy PLAYING, not working at, games. I will wait on the Super Turbo Deluxe Street Fighter V Ultra Combo Final Edition this time around. Super burned from the whole MvC 3 ****.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 17:23:53 »
... You guys do know there will not be a bunch of other versions of SF V right? Capcom has stated as much that they will not be following the model they used for SF4, and instead all future DLC and downloads for the title will be unlockable for free by completing in-game quests and amassing points in lieu of digital microtransactions. You will have the option of paying for it, but everything made available after release will be earnable for free for those willing to work for it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 17:55:38 »
... You guys do know there will not be a bunch of other versions of SF V right? Capcom has stated as much that they will not be following the model they used for SF4, and instead all future DLC and downloads for the title will be unlockable for free by completing in-game quests and amassing points in lieu of digital microtransactions. You will have the option of paying for it, but everything made available after release will be earnable for free for those willing to work for it.

Yea, they sayyyy that..   buhhhhhhhh.....

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 19:22:46 »

Yea, they sayyyy that..   buhhhhhhhh.....

I think Capcom knows the amount of backlash if they went back on that promise would be huge, and from a financial perspective they cannot afford that right now.

Offline filphil

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 00:35:42 »
I played today and am a confirmed scrub lord.  Funny thing is that I get so excited playing the game my blood pressure goes up and I get headaches by the end of a match.  I guess... I'll have my resting bp checked the next time I go to work.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 00:46:24 »
I'm also a scrub lord. not even bronze ranked yet. I am definitely seeing improvement though, and have won against a couple of 2000+ LP players.

I've recently found that there is an option to disable the display of all ranks/points/titles in the actual fighting screen, so I don't get intimidated by a high ranking player or lower my guard on a low ranking player. it's actually helped me a lot.

if you guys want to play some matches, add me on steam or my actual street fighter network id is nmurrr (damn 6 character minimum)

note that I'm in Aus so ping won't be too great unless you're close

Offline filphil

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 00:49:05 »
I'm also a scrub lord. not even bronze ranked yet. I am definitely seeing improvement though, and have won against a couple of 2000+ LP players.

I've recently found that there is an option to disable the display of all ranks/points/titles in the actual fighting screen, so I don't get intimidated by a high ranking player or lower my guard on a low ranking player. it's actually helped me a lot.

if you guys want to play some matches, add me on steam or my actual street fighter network id is nmurrr (damn 6 character minimum)

note that I'm in Aus so ping won't be too great unless you're close

I'd add you but yeah, aus is pretty far.  I've limited myself to 4-5 network matches. 

At the moment my toughest match ups have been against birdie.  Stupid swimmer.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 05:22:21 »
Btw Daigo started streaming now, this is the first show: http://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv/v/48402560
The collection of players are just insane. Also great character variety

Offline raymogi

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 05:59:09 »
Btw Daigo started streaming now, this is the first show: http://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv/v/48402560

Tokido's Dhalsim is just yummy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 06:35:30 »

Any super cute female playing figthers these days?  I wanna watch that stream..

Offline raymogi

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 06:53:01 »

Show Image

kaceytron

lol

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 08:48:35 »

Show Image

kaceytron

lol

woah..  that kinda hit me upside the head..  hahahaha.. she's not very good at counterstrike

Offline raymogi

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 08:49:41 »

Show Image

kaceytron

lol

woah..  that kinda hit me upside the head..  hahahaha.. she's not very good at counterstrike

Is she ever good at anything other than flaunting her cleavage?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 08:59:36 »

Show Image

kaceytron

lol

Hey.. hey hey..

We appreciate the cleavage..   

but ,content u no. huehuehue

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 15:48:42 »

Show Image

kaceytron

lol

Hey.. hey hey..

We appreciate the cleavage..   

but ,content u no. huehuehue

Isnt that "the content"? Kappa

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 09:24:54 »
Just got my Atrox fight stick and bought the game last week, I'm horrible but slowly learning. ;D Evo 2016 got me hyped.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 10:37:57 »
Just got my Atrox fight stick and bought the game last week, I'm horrible but slowly learning. ;D Evo 2016 got me hyped.

I feel like the flat arcade sticks arn't very ergonomic..

causing twisting of the wrist...

Left hand is fine, because the stick is vertical..

But right hand has to twist like on flat keyboards...

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 10:42:16 »

Very true, fight sticks are not ergonomic at all...but that's whats so fun about them..

Analogy - When students train for kung fu, they arent't comfortable, thats what makes them strong..they have to endure suffering..hopefully this makes sense. =D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 20:48:34 »
damn, I resurrected the wrong thread   :-[

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 12:36:56 »

Very true, fight sticks are not ergonomic at all...but that's whats so fun about them..

Analogy - When students train for kung fu, they arent't comfortable, thats what makes them strong..they have to endure suffering..hopefully this makes sense. =D

Dat's why no body does kungfu no more.. because Gunz are more ergonomic..

Eventually keyboards may be retired for EGDX