Author Topic: [GB] DSA LightCycle (again) - Shipping 100% complete  (Read 122130 times)

Offline kawasaki161

Re: [GB] DSA LightCycle (again)
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 17:48:18 »
base mx - 118
base alps - 34
int/compat mx - 28
int/compat alps - 11

What kind of options would ya'll like to see in the event that a kit your ordered doesn't reach moq?

Damn, ALPS is not gonna happen.
Refund, actually. Not interested in MX, got too much of them already.

Same, only one order other than myself after the last update :(

Offline zslane

« Reply #201 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 18:02:23 »
I vote for running the group buy until both base kits reach MOQ. Then decide what to do for the int/compat kits at that time.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 18:03:38 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 18:28:33 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline zslane

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 18:39:48 »
They should join a 7bit group buy and exercise those patience muscles...  ;D

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 18:47:18 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 18:28:26 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline Kavik

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 19:09:30 »
I vote for running the group buy until both base kits reach MOQ. Then decide what to do for the int/compat kits at that time.

I am ok with this as well. I would rather have this set later than a refund. I basically bought my Matias V80 to go with this set. Maybe post on /r/mk again to get some visibility there again (since stuff doesn't stay on the front page very long).

If it really comes down to it, I wouldn't mind paying a little bit extra if it doesn't reach MOQ, but only if it's not too crazy of a price increase.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 21:19:34 »
base mx - 118
base alps - 34
int/compat mx - 28
int/compat alps - 11

What kind of options would ya'll like to see in the event that a kit your ordered doesn't reach moq?

Damn, ALPS is not gonna happen.
Refund, actually. Not interested in MX, got too much of them already.

Same, only one order other than myself after the last update :(

i only ordered alps too, so if its not reached MOQ i think i want a refund.

this please! alps need moar love :-*

Offline ac2531

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 21:20:25 »
base mx - 118
base alps - 34
int/compat mx - 28
int/compat alps - 11

How much would the price go up if the compat kits ran at a MOQ of 25 or 30? I'd be fine with paying a little more to get the caps I need for my layout.
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | HHKB Pro 1 | Realforce 87U (45g uniform) | WhiteFox (Gat Browns) | Anne Pro (Gat Reds) | WASD CODE (MX Clears)

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 22:03:40 »
base mx - 118
base alps - 34
int/compat mx - 28
int/compat alps - 11

How much would the price go up if the compat kits ran at a MOQ of 25 or 30? I'd be fine with paying a little more to get the caps I need for my layout.

Let's get it to moq. I am fine running longer and actually I can close the MX on time and just have the alps stay open as SP treats them as separate orders anyway

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 22:16:26 »
base mx - 118
base alps - 34
int/compat mx - 28
int/compat alps - 11

Let's get it to moq. I am fine running longer and actually I can close the MX on time and just have the alps stay open as SP treats them as separate orders anyway

I don't have alps hardware so I'm not a concerned party, but I did want to say thank you and commend you for your dedication to get the people what they want. You are honorable and have my respect. I will try to spread the word more about the ALPS but unfortunately everyone I know is already in on this buy, but I will do what I can. Again thank you.

Offline ac2531

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 22:21:36 »
base mx - 118
base alps - 34
int/compat mx - 28
int/compat alps - 11

I understand that getting it to MOQ is the optimal solution, and I'm not trying to be combative, but this does little to answer my question.

I'm exclusively interested in MX, and I need the compat kit for full legend coverage with my layout. Using blanks/mismatching legends isn't a solution that I'm particularly fond of - is submitting an order at a higher price/lower MOQ even a possibility?
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | HHKB Pro 1 | Realforce 87U (45g uniform) | WhiteFox (Gat Browns) | Anne Pro (Gat Reds) | WASD CODE (MX Clears)

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 22:27:33 »
base mx - 118
base alps - 34
int/compat mx - 28
int/compat alps - 11

I understand that getting it to MOQ is the optimal solution, and I'm not trying to be combative, but this does little to answer my question.

I'm exclusively interested in MX, and I need the compat kit for full legend coverage with my layout. Using blanks/mismatching legends isn't a solution that I'm particularly fond of - is submitting an order at a higher price/lower MOQ even a possibility?

I can check but it will be quite a bit higher. I want each kit to make it and if it makes sense to keep orders open longer I'll do it. MX compat isn't too far off

Offline ac2531

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 22:29:36 »
base mx - 118
base alps - 34
int/compat mx - 28
int/compat alps - 11

I can check but it will be quite a bit higher. I want each kit to make it and if it makes sense to keep orders open longer I'll do it. MX compat isn't too far off

Again, I'm not trying to be combative here, and I'm speaking from a place of complete ignorance with how running a group buy works.

At least for me, I'm fine with paying more to get the full compat kit if we can't get a 50 MOQ. It goes without saying that I'd be 100% fine with waiting a few more weeks for the kit to tip if that's the route you'd prefer to take.

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 00:10:09 »
base mx - 118
base alps - 34
int/compat mx - 28
int/compat alps - 11

Again, I'm not trying to be combative here, and I'm speaking from a place of complete ignorance with how running a group buy works.

At least for me, I'm fine with paying more to get the full compat kit if we can't get a 50 MOQ. It goes without saying that I'd be 100% fine with waiting a few more weeks for the kit to tip if that's the route you'd prefer to take.

+1 on both waiting or paying more for ALPS base and compatibility kits. Really want this to happen!

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 03:17:17 »
Rather not pay SP any more money than necessary, let's wait.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 06:14:13 »
Are we sure that the MX base and int/compact kits are going to happen?

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 08:12:36 »

MX base is already good to go. Compat has a bit to go yet but is over halfway.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #217 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 08:27:34 »

So, if the compatibility kits don't tip, does that mean a refund for those who bought one?
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 08:49:37 »

So, if the compatibility kits don't tip, does that mean a refund for those who bought one?

Yes. Currently I am going to keep the buy open until MX compat and alps base both tip. Alps compat will need to see big numbers in that time if there is hope for that set.

Now for some real life photos of the set
https://imgur.com/a/xJ8mt

Offline mustardgreens

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 08:54:41 »
I'm not trying to be combative either but holy hell SP is being greedy if they wouldn't produce Alps at a MOQ of 40. 

MX set blew away the minimum order quanity by more than double and they won't produce an alps set that's lacking only 10 pieces?  Come on, SP. Do it for the community and your loyal customers who buy your products again and again.

I understand they're grossing $154 per set... that's about $23,000.00 gross for 150 units on lightcycle alone, yet they would refuse it at 40 moq? 

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #220 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 09:01:23 »
So Compatibility needs to get to 50 MOQ, then?

Offline dante

« Reply #221 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 09:03:10 »

Uh oh, I know what you're thinking. :D

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 09:17:47 »

That is correct

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 09:19:29 »

Yeah, that I hope it won't be too long of a wait...(my interest and purchase in the GB is strictly personal unlike what others may think  :p)

Offline ac2531

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 09:20:24 »

If he's thinking what I think you think he's thinking...  ;D

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #225 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 11:23:21 »
Yes. Currently I am going to keep the buy open until MX compat and alps base both tip. Alps compat will need to see big numbers in that time if there is hope for that set.

You mentioned somewhere that SP treats Alps and MX as separate, so you can submit the MX order separate from the Alps.

This means you're going to hold MX until compat hits MOQ and submit the MX. So you would be delaying past 3/17/2017.

I kind of want to get in on MX too, but want to know if I have more time or not =)

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 11:29:32 »

You mentioned somewhere that SP treats Alps and MX as separate, so you can submit the MX order separate from the Alps.

This means you're going to hold MX until compat hits MOQ and submit the MX. So you would be delaying past 3/17/2017.

I kind of want to get in on MX too, but want to know if I have more time or not =)

It's staying open for probably a couple weeks at least.

Offline child

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 13:03:19 »
It's staying open for probably a couple weeks at least.

Does this mean later delivery of MX base?

Offline zslane

« Reply #228 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 13:05:32 »
Judging from the price jump between quantity 50 and quantity 25 for some of the Dasher kits, I would expect the price of the int/compat kit to be at least $150 at MOQ 25.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 13:25:30 »
Judging from the price jump between quantity 50 and quantity 25 for some of the Dasher kits, I would expect the price of the int/compat kit to be at least $150 at MOQ 25.

If necessary, assuming you are talking about MX, I wouldn't mind chipping in a little extra to make it happen. This is my end game set anyways.

Offline zslane

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 13:58:27 »
The stem type doesn't play a role in the pricing here. I'm talking about the int/compat kit of either type.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 14:37:55 »
I appreciate the time extension.  I plan to buy two sets of Alps base sets, but I have to get some funds first, and that's not going to happen by tomorrow. 

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 23:48:00 »

The time extension is appreciated. I hope that every kits are going to happen at the end. 
If the MX int/compact kit fails to happen later. I would like to have the chance to canceled my order of the MX base too.

Offline odd

Re: [IC] DSA LightCycle (again)
« Reply #233 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 22:06:34 »
Now I have a conundrum. A nice one, but still.

I have Lightcycle from the MD drop. I didn't get the board then; can't quite remember what I was thinking, but I did get the caps, thinking that I would end up with a Van at some point.

And I did go in for one of those uberclassy nickel-finish beasts. But before that, I also went in for the Roadkit.

So now, for a truly swank (or at least matching) setup, I suppose I should sell someone the MD drop kit and order this, so numpad keys are available.

Or is there a chance that a numpad kit might be available some day?

I'll buy that old set from you when you are ready to sell it, just send me a PM when you are ready

Offline CursorTN

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 21:08:27 »
If the ALPS compatibility kit is a bust, is there any possibility of getting a much smaller kit added that would increase compatibility?  Just the base kit is missing just a few keys to be compatible with my boards of choice.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 09:47:26 »
Buy is running to the end of month and every kit is going to be produced!

Offline ac2531

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 09:49:15 »

AWESOME! That's great news.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 10:39:03 »

^ This guy is awesome!

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 20:46:44 »

^ This guy is awesome!

Totally agree!

Offline Shados

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 05:59:08 »
Wew, glad this got extended -- in for alps base & compat.

Offline ibakey

« Reply #240 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 01:25:37 »
Will this be planck compatible? very very tempted

« Reply #241 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 02:16:54 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 18:28:19 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline ibakey

« Reply #242 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 02:19:54 »
Will this be planck compatible? very very tempted

With both sets purchased the answer is yes.
I would think with only the base set that comes with the 2U space bar would suffice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #243 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 03:07:18 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 18:28:12 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline Kavik

« Reply #244 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:40:30 »

Just curious: I assume this pushes the estimated ship date from May 31st to mid-June, correct?
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline zslane

« Reply #245 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 15:36:45 »

Just curious: I assume this pushes the estimated ship date from May 31st to mid-June, correct?

It's funny; I was wondering this very same thing this morning.

« Reply #246 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 17:38:14 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 18:28:04 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #247 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 18:19:15 »

Maybe. I added some buffer so this could potentially still ship on time

Offline zslane

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 19:23:19 »
Honestly though, I'm just grateful it is running at all. I don't mind waiting a little longer if that's what it takes to make it happen. Hell, I will have waited 2.5 years for my Round 6 Honeywell caps; this is nothing...

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 19:38:43 »
Honestly though, I'm just grateful it is running at all. I don't mind waiting a little longer if that's what it takes to make it happen. Hell, I will have waited 2.5 years for my Round 6 Honeywell caps; this is nothing...

don't remind me about round 6. I'm in phase two still hoping those happen.