Author Topic: Hi from Chile  (Read 1652 times)

Offline ycanales

• keybordist
Hi from Chile
« on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 19:35:23 »
Hi there!

After recently receiving my Varmilo VA88M (ISO, Spanish, MX Clear) I'm joining geekhack.
The journey began approximately back in 2015, reading about the Das Keyboard in Engadget I think.
Shortly after I bought an ISO Filco Minila Air with MX browns. So newbie that for years I thought it was a TKL.

Some months ago I discovered Massdrop and after a while I ended ordering a couple of relatively cheap sets, Tai Hao sunshine and Miami (both had ISO keys). After noticing how rare is Minila's layout I ordered a cheap TKL from Amazon with clone MX Blues (recommended at Reddit) and this time ANSI layout, to fit the newly bought keycaps. I didn't imagine how loud they would sound in person having only tried browns before. With a sleeping baby at home I'm probably won't be able to use it in a couple of years  :))

I decided I wouldn't settle without ISO layout and tactile switches so I ordered the Varmilo with clears directly via email thanks to the contact info I found here at geekhack in the vendor forum. I loved this keyboard, superb quality but damn, I'm already thinking in my next board, looking for Topre or Matias quiet clicks though it's pretty hard finding a TKL ISO, maybe it's time to learn to solder  ;D

So that's it, glad to be joining you here, hope there's some people from Chile too.

Bye!

PS: I'm still waiting for the Massdrops, international shipping... :(