Author Topic: [IC] Alps Throwback - 60% DCS Alps keycap set for Modern M0110 + other layouts  (Read 29321 times)

Offline euphxenos

I'd be looking to use this with my Southpaw 65 (65%, with a numpad on the left side) when it gets here.  It looks like I'd need base, nav, ortholinear (for the 1U R4 ctrl and alt), and arrows.  I'd still be missing the R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn for the 65% portion, and I'd have nothing at all for the numpad.  I'd be interested in seeing the R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn added to the Nav/65 kit.  If I have to buy the ortholinear kit for the ctrl and alt kit, so be it, but those would probably be good additions to a 65% kit.  However, it's the absence of a numpad kit that kills this for me.  Admittedly, that's an oddball keyboard I'm looking to cover, and I'm probably better off hoping SP restocks Alps Granite.

Offline waldorf120

• My keyboard never leaves me bored
I'm probably better off hoping SP restocks Alps Granite.

Alps caps are more likely to grow from actual granite than for SP to restock that set  :p

Offline get_weird

Is there a pricing estimate for the other kits, especially the nav/65% one?

Offline _ODIN_

What do you guys think about a survey in which you are able to check a box whether you are interested in this keyset or not. I could be a way to resolve the MOQ question.

Offline foxmancore

PBT and I'm in

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
What do you guys think about a survey in which you are able to check a box whether you are interested in this keyset or not. I could be a way to resolve the MOQ question.

Yes, I would like some closure on that. This GB would be my main motivation in joining the Modern M0110 group buy and I would like to know soon whether I should prep my wallet or not.
SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline _ODIN_

Yes, I would like some closure on that. This GB would be my main motivation in joining the Modern M0110 group buy and I would like to know soon whether I should prep my wallet or not.
same

Offline vafan

I'm in

Offline whalid

Hi!

Just created this account. Count me in.
I would prefer enough keys to make a 87. But I can live with a 64.

Whalid

Offline Tarienn

From this day forth, I pledge to back anything Alps related. Including this set. As long as a Control key to replace caps lock is included, this is a sure buy for me.

Offline M4dn3ss

I know this is kind of meant for Modern M0110, an Apple-like keyboard, but it would be fantastic if we could get an extra 1.25 Alt and Menu key for Windows/Linux users as an option, plus Windows keys (preferably with the classic W95 logo :) )
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 May 2018, 21:26:47 by M4dn3ss »

Offline chicagoboss25

• deskcandy.xyz | reddit.com/u/heroyjenkins
    • Desk Candy
Is there a pricing estimate for the other kits, especially the nav/65% one?

Pricing is now posted based on the latest version of the kits in my first post :)

I know this is kind of meant for Modern M0110, an Apple-like keyboard, but it would be fantastic if we could get an extra 1.25 Alt and Menu key for Windows/Linux users as an option, plus Windows keys (preferably with the classic W95 logo :) )

Noted! Will try to add this to the base kit and hopefully won't affect price too much but I'll check.

From this day forth, I pledge to back anything Alps related. Including this set. As long as a Control key to replace caps lock is included, this is a sure buy for me.

Did you mean for R3 (1.75u key)? We have that included in the base kit already.

Hi!

Just created this account. Count me in.
I would prefer enough keys to make a 87. But I can live with a 64.

Whalid

Thank you! You can fill a standard 87-key TKL keyboard with base + Nav/65%. EDIT: you also need to order arrows with Base + Nav/65% in order to fill out a complete TKL keyboard (arrows were broken out into a separate kit because they could be used for ortholinear or TKL in a modular way).

PBT and I'm in

Of course :) The plan is to go dye-subbed PBT and pricing as-is reflects that.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 June 2018, 02:09:33 by chicagoboss25 »

Offline chicagoboss25

• Desk Candy

Done: https://goo.gl/forms/Ecjce1WjVBhx2DYE2

Please fill out the form and let me know what you think! The pricing is high compared to a typical GMK group buy that has more compatible, but given how hard it is to come by Alps keycaps period, let alone brand new PBT ones, I think this is a pretty interesting GB that should fit a lot of DIY Alps builds out there (like Alps64 with AEK or HHKB style layout, Modern M0110, KBParadise Alps clone/Matias keyboards, Planck, Nyquist, Let's Split, Preonic, Iris, LFKeyboards customs, etc.)

Offline ramblinrose

Nice to see more alps sets being made!

Offline godlikekitten

Filled out!  Was actually just looking into building an alps board too but don't want aek caps  ;D

Offline Bael_Zharon

This looks great! I'm in on the Modern M0110 at the end of this month and would love to have this to go with it.

Offline alisonica

I'm in for 2 sets no matter the cost. However I do hope to see more novelties, i mean there's not much choice out there.

Offline meepmeep

• meep meep meep, meep meep meep. Meep!
Oh man I like this set!

Offline _ODIN_

we need some thick pbt goodness

Offline chicagoboss25

• Desk Candy
Thanks everyone for filling out the form! Got some good feedback and planning to move forward on 6/29 with the group buy.

Per your requests, I am going to add two more keys to the base kit with NO impact on pricing: you will also get a red 'esc' R1 keycap and a gray '~' keycap for those of you who like HHKB layouts and symmetry :)

Offline _ODIN_

Thanks everyone for filling out the form! Got some good feedback and planning to move forward on 6/29 with the group buy.

Per your requests, I am going to add two more keys to the base kit with NO impact on pricing: you will also get a red 'esc' R1 keycap and a gray '~' keycap for those of you who like HHKB layouts and symmetry :)
Nice :thumb:

Offline alisonica

I love you. I will love you even more if there can be a spacebar kit for the longer spacebars 6-7u. But on a serious note, Thick PBT Throwback when?

Offline M4dn3ss

Any chance of an optional Windows kit? The base only has one 1.25 Alt

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy

We updated the base with a better windows kit so keep a lookout :)

GB going live in 2 hours!

Offline M4dn3ss

Awesome, looking forward to it (I would have bought it anyway but that's great to have :thumb: )

Offline _ODIN_

EU Proxy?

Offline M4dn3ss

BTW, just want to check, because the image doesn't show it, but is it only the 1x 1u and 1x 1.25u Win key and 1x 1.25 Alt?

(edit: accidentally made a new post but couldn't figure out how to delete it)
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 June 2018, 05:12:31 by M4dn3ss »

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy

EU Proxy?

It will be Mykeyboard.eu but the product listing is not up yet. Stay tuned.

Offline asury

• /u/adsury/
Is Zfrontier going to serve as a proxy for Asian/SEA buyer?
Grey Duck Sidewinder/GMK Hyperfuse Origins/MX Black retooled | Sage M60-A/GMK Camping/Holy Sky | LFK68/DSA Granite Alps/SKCM Orange Alps

Offline _ODIN_

how thick are the keycaps?

Offline foxmancore

Is Zfrontier going to serve as a proxy for Asian/SEA buyer?

I think zfrontier only proxies for China. If you live in another Asian country you're better off ordering from deskcandy directly

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
how thick are the keycaps?

Approx 0.8mm - check out Fluffypupper22's keycap profile comparison video:

Those are the ABS version but this set is being produced in PBT instead of ABS for better stem stability.

Mykeyboard.eu is most likely going to be EU proxy and once that's settled I'll create an official GB thread here. We definitely need help! Keycap set is not that far along to 50 MOQ for the base, I am committed to making sure this keycap set gets across the line but really need the community's help to make it happen so if you filled out the IC form and are in the US please head over to Desk Candy to check out the keycap set :)

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy

EU Proxy?

EU proxy is officially up now :)

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/category/group-buys/alps-throwback-kecap-set_89/

Offline asury

• /u/adsury/
I'm in, common guys let's hit the MOQ!  :thumb:
Grey Duck Sidewinder/GMK Hyperfuse Origins/MX Black retooled | Sage M60-A/GMK Camping/Holy Sky | LFK68/DSA Granite Alps/SKCM Orange Alps

Offline nevin

dying for one of these "apple" keysets to have the command keys as open apple & closed apple. those keys have not been produced since the early 80's and some of us that started on apple that early remember them fondly.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68