Author Topic: 3D Modeling and Rendering Services www.keyrenders.com  (Read 82851 times)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
3D Modeling and Rendering Services www.keyrenders.com
« on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 01:11:22 »
3D Modeling and Rendering Services

There's been quite a bit of interest in my 3D renders so I thought I would centralize all the information in one place. Due to limited time and availability I can only work on one set at a time.

PRICING

PM or email me for pricing.

PORTFOLIO

Elektronika by thesiscamper (WIP)

Alpine Winter DCS by njbair

Troubled Minds SA by thesiscamper

Jukebox SA by livingspeedbump

« Last Edit: Sun, 20 November 2016, 07:37:57 by thesiscamper »

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
Re: 3D Modeling and Rendering Services
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 20:15:51 »
done work for me. insanely good renders! I will be a paying customer for every real set I ever make  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 21:09:19 »
Ditto! You can see in the OP the awesome work he did for me. Super prompt and courteous, a pleasure to work with. Worth every penny!

I don't doubt that his renders are a huge part of the reason my Alps keycaps tipped MOQ so quickly. If you want more evidence that photorealistic mockups sell keycaps, take a look at Danger Zone.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 21:24:16 »
These are really cool but realistically with a community group buy where money isn't being made how/why would someone spend so much?

I mean sure its only $0.50/set if you sell 100 sets but other than massdrop or PMK where money is made/free caps are given to organizer this doesn't seem like something where the cost could be justified.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 21:36:01 »
These are really cool but realistically with a community group buy where money isn't being made how/why would someone spend so much?

I mean sure its only $0.50/set if you sell 100 sets but other than massdrop or PMK where money is made/free caps are given to organizer this doesn't seem like something where the cost could be justified.

I'm sure this is not for everybody, but like I said there's been some interest and some people have contacted me for renders. I started the thread so there's a central hub where people who do want to get my services can discuss it and get some info.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 21:38:55 »

It's going to be a value call for each GB leader. In my case, Alps are already a hard sell so I wanted something that anyone could look at and truly visualize owning the keys and putting them on their own board. SVG mockups are nice, but they don't communicate nearly as much.

I already mentioned Danger Zone. I saw that IC for a long time, and thought, "oh, that's nice." But when I saw the Photoshop composites on Massdrop when the buy went live, I truly fell in love with the set. Even GMK Triumph Adler benefited a lot from the fact that there was an existing board to photograph. Regardless of how you feel about the actual keycaps, it's plain as day that it was a success from a sales point of view.

I get what you're saying about costs, but even a traditional, community-run GB doesn't run at a zero balance. There's always some rounding happening to help cover incidentals. The honest GB leaders just put that back into the set in the form of extras or whatever. Again, speaking for my case, I fronted the money for the renders because I knew they would help seal the deal, and although nobody can know what would have happened had I not posted the renders, I have no doubt that they helped sell sets.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 21:47:48 »

It's going to be a value call for each GB leader. In my case, Alps are already a hard sell so I wanted something that anyone could look at and truly visualize owning the keys and putting them on their own board. SVG mockups are nice, but they don't communicate nearly as much.

I already mentioned Danger Zone. I saw that IC for a long time, and thought, "oh, that's nice." But when I saw the Photoshop composites on Massdrop when the buy went live, I truly fell in love with the set. Even GMK Triumph Adler benefited a lot from the fact that there was an existing board to photograph. Regardless of how you feel about the actual keycaps, it's plain as day that it was a success from a sales point of view.

I get what you're saying about costs, but even a traditional, community-run GB doesn't run at a zero balance. There's always some rounding happening to help cover incidentals. The honest GB leaders just put that back into the set in the form of extras or whatever. Again, speaking for my case, I fronted the money for the renders because I knew they would help seal the deal, and although nobody can know what would have happened had I not posted the renders, I have no doubt that they helped sell sets.

Absolutely agree. When I was designing Jukebox I even contacted a few people that had made 3D renders on other forums specifically for renders and most charged upwards of $200+. Even then i strongly considered it but by the time I had someone nailed down to do it, the GB was already over. I think this is an exceptional value, and will absolutely be paying for these renders for future sets.

I think it is very good for a person to respect their talents (especially when they also do them professionally) and to charge for their talents. These renders are art in my eyes.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:01:41 »
More

Absolutely agree. When I was designing Jukebox I even contacted a few people that had made 3D renders on other forums specifically for renders and most charged upwards of $200+. Even then i strongly considered it but by the time I had someone nailed down to do it, the GB was already over. I think this is an exceptional value, and will absolutely be paying for these renders for future sets.

I think it is very good for a person to respect their talents (especially when they also do them professionally) and to charge for their talents. These renders are art in my eyes.

Agreed. Although I think Spam was not so much disrespecting/questioning the value of rendering services, but rather questioning their economics related to a nonprofit group buy.

My boards:
More

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:22:47 »
holy ****, those are renders not actual picture?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:25:23 »

Yes they are renders, not composites or actual keyboards :)

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 22:26:23 »

damn! I need to pay you for making renders someday

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:39:04 »

Cool! My main line of work is actually architectural and interior visualization, just started getting into mechanical keyboards about maybe two months ago :)

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:38:23 »

Cool! My main line of work is actually architectural and interior visualization, just started getting into mechanical keyboards about maybe two months ago :)

That is really cool; using what you've studied to benefit a whole different community that you're a part of! Really awesome! :) May I ask if you could share some of your architectural renders?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:09:54 »

That is really cool; using what you've studied to benefit a whole different community that you're a part of! Really awesome! :) May I ask if you could share some of your architectural renders?

Sure!

http://www.coroflot.com/angelo_tobias

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:52:38 »

Sure!

Looks awesome! :) I'll look forward of seeing your renders on GB's in the future!

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 10:26:50 »
Can't wait to see more renders! These renders actually encouraged me more to get a set i.e. Carbon tho I believe you are not the one who rendered that. Also, I cannot wait for your "Troubled Minds" set to be in GB stage, i'll be your first customer for sure. :)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 12:15:24 »

Sure!

Looks awesome! :) I'll look forward of seeing your renders on GB's in the future!

I told him that he needs a "Mega-super-deluxe-package" where he renders the keyboard of your choice in a home that matches the keycap set theme with a sprawling cityscape out of the windows for 1k. I'd almost consider it just to make a huge print of for my living room haha.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 12:47:20 »
First I read about the price and thought like meh, but then I saw the pictures and was like :eek:
... ...

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 12:57:09 »

Sure!

I told him that he needs a "Mega-super-deluxe-package" where he renders the keyboard of your choice in a home that matches the keycap set theme with a sprawling cityscape out of the windows for 1k. I'd almost consider it just to make a huge print of for my living room haha.

"For only $1000000, your house and your soul, this render could be all yours."

Offline harlw

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 14:09:49 »
Looks awesome - and $50 is a great deal!

We should combine forces sometime.
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 14:24:02 »
Looks awesome - and $50 is a great deal!

We should combine forces sometime.

Soon™  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:28:51 »
Those are fantastic!

Even the coiled cable is awesome!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:52:29 »
Those are fantastic!

The little details get me, too.

My boards:
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 21:12:41 »
Those are fantastic!

The little details get me, too.

Makes a huge difference!

For a while I was looking at the OP and as each keyboard is shown twice, I was trying to work out if one was a photo and the other a render :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:36:27 »
I always wondered what a reverse Dolch would look like. That Elektronikia is looking mighty fine.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:41:32 »
I always wondered what a reverse Dolch would look like. That Elektronikia is looking mighty fine.

Thanks, I was planning on doing it on DSA and nubbinator pointed out that it looks like his Cassette DSA set, and that he's willing to somehow merge the two designs. Elektronika's on hold for now.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:14:38 »
best keycaps render ive ever seen. im in love with the trouble mind at the first sight because the render look so real.
i dont have to imagine it so hard, when the render already tell it.

just like joker said "if you good at something dont do it for free" LOL  :))

nice render :thumb:

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:18:10 »
best keycaps render ive ever seen. im in love with the trouble mind at the first sight because the render look so real.
i dont have to imagine it so hard, when the render already tell it.

just like joker said "if you good at something dont do it for free" LOL  :))

nice render :thumb:
Thanks a lot! :)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 03:01:56 »
I think this will be a good place to post my keyset ideas, so here goes:

Marooned:

Tesla:

Mono:

Crimson Something (Eva 02 and possibly The Flash combo):

Titles/names are not final.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 November 2015, 03:36:44 by thesiscamper »

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 03:30:17 »
Mono is great!
... ...

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 03:31:51 »
Mono is great!

Thanks, my goal for that set is to be able to mix and match it with other DSA keysets. :)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 07:28:38 »
Updated the Unit 02 colors:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 07:31:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh, my...

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 07:39:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh, my...
It fits better I hope. The new red is RA, I don't have color chips though.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 17:04:46 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh, my...

It'll be awesome if you can do all three main Evangelion units with comic book merges. For Unit 02 I'd recommend The Flash or Iron Man, whereas Unit 00 I'd recommend Captain America or Superman, if you're going with the anime's colors.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 17:09:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh, my...

It'll be awesome if you can do all three main Evangelion units with comic book merges. For Unit 02 I'd recommend The Flash or Iron Man, whereas Unit 00 I'd recommend Captain America or Superman, if you're going with the anime's colors.
Yes that has been on my mind, good catch on Iron Man, I was only thinking of The Flash :)

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 17:34:21 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I just puked rainbows all over after seeing this. I NEED IT!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 19:40:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Macdonalds keyboard? :p

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 19:55:49 »
Tesla:
Show Image

I quite like the tesla design.
Perhaps it can be the Captain America/Unit 03 set.
Unit 03:

To be honest, I know nothing of Evangelion.
I just thought it fit the theme of your previous set with the whole superhero/eva thing.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Ralph Furley

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:58:08 »
More synthetic than plastic can ever be.

The aesthetic is pharmaceutical grade.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:09:11 »

Where's yours?

My boards:
More

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:13:56 »

I just do what I can, and I admit there are loads of other people more skilled and talented. :)

Offline Ralph Furley

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:16:51 »

Where's yours?
If you're asking where my compliment was, it was in my post. That was certainly my intention.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:18:53 »

Where's yours?
If you're asking where my compliment was, it was in my post. That was certainly my intention.
Thanks, english is not my first language and I had a hard time figuring out what you meant. :thumb:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:20:13 »

Where's yours?
Sorry, it sounded like unconstructive criticism the way I read it.

My boards:
More

Offline Ralph Furley

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 00:50:39 »

Where's yours?
Sorry, it sounded like unconstructive criticism the way I read it.

I was thinking of the pristine virtual mock-ups as a "more human than human" take on plastic fantastic keycaps. The renderings themselves are in tune with the subject on many levels. As a representation at the concept stage both are approaching reality.

Just points of discussion, as others have stated, this is artwork afterall.

njbair your keyset looks awesome!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:15:05 »
RetroBlight by FrostyToast:

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:42:49 by thesiscamper »

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:06:50 »
RetroBlight, commissioned by FrostyToast:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeeeee  ^-^

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:14:25 »
Supa, supa nice!! Although my brain hurts seeing Cherry caps on that Model F!

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:16:48 »
Supa, supa nice!! Although my brain hurts seeing Cherry caps on that Model F!

That's not a model f.
It's a Cherry G80-2100 which was likely based off the design of the f.