Author Topic: 【IC】Key Kobo-Helleborus |Christmas Roses blooming in the dark night  (Read 11896 times)

Offline Sensitive Works

• SENSITIVE WORKS
Key Kobo - Helleborus

Long time no see haha ;D ; I am KLXH from SenSitive Works.

I brought a brand-new design called 'Helleborus' which is a kind of flower, it also has a romantic name, Christmas Rose.

ˇinspirationˇ

The color scheme in the modifier keys of this keycap set draws inspiration from the deep, rich purples found on the petals of Helleborus flowers.
As for the alpha keys, they feature an even deeper shade of purple, reflecting the hues of Helleborus' stamens and pistils as the character colors.
The interplay between these dark and light shades captures the romantic essence of Helleborus blossoming in the midst of the night.

' Commonly known as hellebores (/ˈhɛləbɔːrz/), the Eurasian genus Helleborus consists of approximately 20 species of herbaceous or evergreen perennial flowering plants in the family Ranunculaceae, within which it gave its name to the tribe of Helleboreae.'(From Wikipedia)

ˇKittingˇ

Base Kit    |    Number Pad

SB Kit

ˇRendersˇ

Renders are just for reference

Thanks to NESON DESIGN

700e

Nico|810e

gaf910

98&87

TGR jane

ˇSpecificationsˇ

Material: ABS
Manufacturing Method: Double Shot Injection Moulding
Keycap Profile: Cherry
Manufacturer: KeyKobo
Compatibility: Cherry MX and MX clone switches
Designer: SenSitive Works

ˇvendorsˇ

TBD

The physical color has been confirmed and will be available for permanent sale.

Discord: https://discord.gg/2942fkCRCT
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 October 2023, 07:49:40 by Sensitive Works »

Offline hewwra

Re: 【IC】Key Kobo-Helleborus |Christmas Roses blooming in the dark night
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 21 October 2023, 05:03:53 »
I like it, plz consider a NorDE kit.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 21 October 2023, 10:27:35 »
NorDe please
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline Akele

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 21 October 2023, 11:21:47 »
Looks great. Thanks for including UK ISO keys.

Online aicyborg

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 21 October 2023, 11:51:17 »
Just recently I was thinking I'd like to add a tasteful purple set to my collection and this comes along. Nice.

Thanks for UK-ISO in base! Please consider picking a vendor for the UK (there's several here that have carried Key Kobo before, such as SerpentKeys in addition to the one everyone always uses).

Offline m202307

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 21 October 2023, 20:26:06 »
Vivid without being visually overpowering; I like it.  In for the base kit and spacebars.

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 01:26:49 »
Nice purple!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 26 October 2023, 01:59:21 »
remove ISO-UK and move basic alice bars to basekit

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 26 October 2023, 11:35:51 »

Indeed. Just do NorDeUK set instead.

Online aicyborg

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 26 October 2023, 21:12:04 »

Disagreed, and I encourage you to keep it. For me it's part of why I want it.

If this user's allowed to say that, I'm allowed to say this. In the current climate of the hobby I can afford to buy base kits, not base + nordeuk.

Offline Burt888

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 16:01:52 »

If this user's allowed to say that, I'm allowed to say this. In the current climate of the hobby I can afford to buy base kits, not base + nordeuk.

If you cant afford a 35bucks localization kit, you shouldn't buy a basekit at all.
ISO UK in base is useless for the rest of the world

Online aicyborg

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 19:40:51 »

If you cant afford a 35bucks localization kit, you shouldn't buy a basekit at all.
ISO UK in base is useless for the rest of the world

UK also makes up a lot of the audience of NorDeUK sets. Like, a lot. We'll buy it if we have to, but it's still more ideal for us if it's in base. To that end I'm advocating that it remain included in base because it does benefit us here.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 00:59:22 »
UK also makes up a lot of the audience of NorDeUK sets. Like, a lot. We'll buy it if we have to, but it's still more ideal for us if it's in base. To that end I'm advocating that it remain included in base because it does benefit us here.

Oooh actually it would be very interesting to see country statistics (even just percentages) for bought NorDeUK sets from a few different runs from a few different vendors. But in my experience people keep those kinds of numbers way too close to their chest.

Which is nonsense. I know for a fact that it is nonsense. I've been part of two professional trades where noone keeps any information secret except for the big international players. But noone cares about them. Just like noone here cares about modern $5 membrane keyboards from HP or whatever.

Offline Akele

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 05:15:32 »

As a UK ISO user, I'd prefer you kept the UK ISO keys in the base kit, but if you do take them out then I don't think it's necessary worth replacing them with the Alice bars as this just creates spare keys that are useless to anyone who's not using the set on an Alice board. Also, adding the basic Alice bars to the base kit would reduce sales for the space-bar kit.

If you need to remove keys from the base kit to reduce price a bit then better to strip it back so it supports ANSI, terminal ISO and 40%, then offer additional compatibility through a space-bar kit and NorDeUK set.

I'd still prefer you kept the UK ISO keys in the base, but if you take them out then I don't think replacing them them with the Alice bars is a good exchange as it just favouring one subset of the community (the minority who use Alice) over another subset (the minority who use UK ISO).

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 16:55:36 »

Oooh actually it would be very interesting to see country statistics (even just percentages) for bought NorDeUK sets from a few different runs from a few different vendors. But in my experience people keep those kinds of numbers way too close to their chest.

Which is nonsense. I know for a fact that it is nonsense. I've been part of two professional trades where noone keeps any information secret except for the big international players. But noone cares about them. Just like noone here cares about modern $5 membrane keyboards from HP or whatever.

Per-vendor order numbers for GBs are not typically published, likely because in the end only kit totals are important for MOQs.  For whatever reason NA vendors typically have the largest percentage of total GB orders.

If you want to analyze overall kit take rates for GBs there is a lot of info available.  It's hard to compare apples-to-apples since kit contents aren't identical between GBs. Take a look at GBs with sales graphs on https://keycaplendar.firebaseapp.com/previous

Several years ago I looked at overall take rates for a few KAT GBs
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 October 2023, 00:06:59 by dvorcol »

Offline Burt888

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 20:07:54 »
MOQ for nordeuk kit from KKB is 50 as per Miami Nights IC, which is the half from GMK, recent GMK GB don't offer anymore nordeuk kits as vendors had to buy most of the kits to reach MOQ, removing UK from Base might lower the cost for Base and increase the change to reach MOQ for the intl kit as vendors might be more willing to buy 25 intl kits for 30bucks rather than 50 kits for 75bucks with GMK. Just my two cents as a previous ISO-DE user who switched to US ansi due to missing intl kits on many beautiful sets

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 14 January 2024, 18:49:13 »
can we get alt alpha with the mod color?

Offline AMZ

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 16:07:58 »
The colors are insane! Wish it was GMK

Offline Sensitive Works

• SENSITIVE WORKS
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 07:56:27 »
can we get alt alpha with the mod color?

Thank you for your advice, but we have considered this scheme in the design, but considering that the source of inspiration is helleborus, the same color cannot fully express the color change on the petals. :thumb:

Offline Sensitive Works

• SENSITIVE WORKS
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 07:59:42 »
The colors are insane! Wish it was GMK

For me, Key Kobo color matching is very convenient, and the quality and speed are also excellent. You can look forward to the next group purchase if you like this design ;).

Offline Sensitive Works

• SENSITIVE WORKS
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 08:07:25 »

Update

The production of Helleborus has been half completed, and the GB will be carried out after the Chinese New Year !!!

I will update the vendors' list in the next GB post.

Thanks for your anticipation!
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 January 2024, 08:11:35 by Sensitive Works »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 09:38:48 »
If the actual colour of the test caps is as dark as the renders then i would buy, but I fear they wont be.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline QWER|key

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 13:15:17 »
This is stunning!  If the actual photos of this, or the colour samples look anything like the renders, then I'm in there like a rat up a drainpipe!

Offline theloosegoose18

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 02:43:28 »
I am stoked for this set!

Offline SmokeySpoon

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 11 April 2024, 19:13:48 »
Any update on this? Do we know the vendors?