Author Topic: KeyCon Screen-Printed Poster Group Buy/Interest Thread.  (Read 47068 times)

Offline d_stilgar

KeyCon Screen-Printed Poster Group Buy/Interest Thread.
« on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 15:28:14 »
I've decided to make a thread to if there's enough interest in getting a poster printed. I have three people on geekhack who have committed and one on reddit, but I need a minimum of 10 people at $20 before I'll give the go-ahead to the printer. Oh, and ideally he'd know by this Friday because he has an opening in his schedule next week.

Your $20 will purchase you an 11x17 screen-printed poster. This will be a three color poster printed on pink paper. The colors will be opaque grey, translucent red, and translucent blue.

Here is a mock-up of the final poster. Very small adjustments may be made to this to make printing easier, and screen printing is an art, so the final colors may be close but not exact to what you see on your screen. However, the poster design itself is finished and the exact size will be either 12.5x19 or 11x17 (depending on paper available and whether I want to get them cut or use the paper as is).

And here is a link to the full size version:
http://modsandends.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/KeyCon-Poster-21070515-2.jpg

Please respond to let me know if you're interested in getting a poster at KeyCon this year. If you'd like one but would require it being shipped, send me a PM and I'll do some shipping calcs based on your country/zip.

Thanks everyone!

Offline fendent

• * Maker
Re: KeyCon Screen-Printed Poster Group Buy/Interest Thread.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 17:31:30 »
I'm down

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 22:08:50 »
Count me in, looks great.
HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | Clueboards | MOD-M Custom | MiniVan | Preonic | Planck | Let's Split | Anne Pro | WASD CODE TKL

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 22:11:38 »
I am in

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 12:41:33 »
I'd be in for one.

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 21:49:46 »
Quick update! I got 7/9 minimum required commitments, but I figured, "what the heck!" and told the printer to get started.

I'll send some PMs in the next day to everyone who said they were interested so I can send an invoice via Paypal or square cash or whatever you prefer.

I know I'm new here, so here's my heatware page: https://www.heatware.com/u/91194/to

And of course, as soon as I have prints in hand I'll make sure to take some photos and upload them here.

Thanks everyone for helping to make this a reality!

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 20:21:12 »
Posters are in! I picked them up from the printer tonight. After close inspection it looks like only 17 are really up to snuff in the quality department. One poster had a rip, two had some grey ink spill on the edge, and one has an incomplete pull (missing ink in a small area).

Here are some photos. If anyone has been on the fence, this would be the time to decide. Once these are claimed they're gone!

Full poster. These are 12.5x19". I'm not going to cut them down. I like the look as is. I think I'll run to Ikea and frame it in a way that looks nice and post that so people can get an idea of how to frame this.

Here are the "LOVE" keys. You can see the registration isn't perfect, but that's what makes screen prints fun. Also, the overprint effect of the grey, red and blue worked out really well in my (and the printer's) opinion. To think he doubted me.

"KEYCON 2017." The depth of field isn't helping here. The text is, in fact, very sharp. Again, this is blue on red and it looks awesome.

A little keystone. Welcome to PA!

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 20:43:32 »
I really like it, super excited to pick up a blue one at Keycon!

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 09:46:40 »
Looks great, thanks for running these!  :thumb:
HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | Clueboards | MOD-M Custom | MiniVan | Preonic | Planck | Let's Split | Anne Pro | WASD CODE TKL

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 09:36:45 »
Here's a quick bump to say I have a few of these available still. Let me know if you're interested. See you all Saturday!

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 23:58:55 »
I'll pick one up if you still have it. Can I buy it in person at the meet?

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 08:14:16 »
I'll have some extras at the meet and will put you on the list now. If I sell out the printer owes me a few more and we can arrange shipping. See you all in an hour or two.

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 08:34:30 »
Do you have any of these left?

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 12:16:29 »
Getting mine custom framed :)

Offline KACHAKEYS

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 15:00:16 »
Ended up winning one of these from the raffle. It currently resides on the wall behind my monitor.
Wonderful Job making that dumb statue into something actually cool.
10/10 would buy if I had done that in the first place.

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 21:31:18 »
Thanks to everyone again! This was a lot of fun and I'll definitely be doing this again next year. Post photos of posters in their final hanging positions. I'd love to see how they all turn out framed and on walls.

Some people have asked if I have any left. I have two perfect posters and two with some blemishes (incomplete pull or ink smear). They're $20+ shipping unless you're local to Philly in which case we can arrange to meet up.