Author Topic: [GB] PBTfans Basin | COMPLETED! Prepping for R2...  (Read 8129 times)

Offline Nqrwhql

• Hi :)
[GB] PBTfans Basin | COMPLETED! Prepping for R2...
« on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 01:17:48 »

PBTfans Basin

GB: June 1st-30th
Estimated to Ship September 2022

Hello fellow enthusiasts:
We are proud to introduce PBTfans Basin! We worked super hard to bring you this set.
Please consider filling out our feedback form and joining our Discord server for support and giveaways!

Feedback Form: CLICK HERE
Discord Server: CLICK HERE

About the Set:
We present to you PBTfans Basin! This set was designed to reflect the dynamic blue-grays of the ocean. Amidst the vastness of an oceanic basin are a wide variety of colors, and we have chosen a sinking gradient to portray diving into the depths of the ocean.

About the Designers:
Asynq Designs is a team that consists of three people: Aiden, Synthereal, and Nqrwhql. We each spent the last year learning and designing up until this point to present this set to you.

Contents

PBTfans

Due to the wait time for ePBT, we have decided to switch our manufacture over to PBTfans. If you aren't already aware, PBTfans is a new manufacture created by KBDfans.

For more info about PBTfans click "more".

More
Why change?
If we go with ePBT, the gradient color difference wouldn't be as significant as we envisioned. Additionally, ePBT currently has a long queue they need to clear up before starting new sets. Finally, this change is also better for you guys because you would be receiving your order sooner at a lower price.

What's the difference?
Instead of reverse dye-sub, it'll be double-shot on PBT plastic. In simpler terms, the legends are injected, look sharper, and will never fade or chip. Usually, double-shot is much more expensive than reverse dye-sub but in this case, it won't be. In fact, it'll be cheaper than our ePBT prices which used reverse dye-sub. This is largely because of the preset kits we need to follow which makes manufacturing much easier and faster.

What are the new wait times looking like?
Say goodbye to the 1-2 year wait times and say hello to 2-3 month wait time. This is because instead of approving the samples months after GB we have already approved the samples.

Are there any quality issues that I should know about?
As far as I can tell after testing other PBTfans sets, I can confidently say that I have had no issues with it and I daresay that these sets are better than GMK sets. The keycap thickness is 1.6mm whereas GMK is 1.5mm.

Vendors

The keycaps can be bought at:

NA: Kono
CA: DESK[H]ERO
EU: MyKeyboard
UK: KeebCats
ASIA/GLOBAL: KBDfans
OCE: Daily Clack

Price

Note: These prices should be final but are subject to change.

Basin Kit Renders

Adriatic Kit Renders

Deskmats

Designed By Skeil

Ikki68 Aurora By Wuque Studio

Phoenix by Cable Car Designs

White GMMK By Glorious

Black GMMK By Glorious

Nemui By Bachoo

SixtyFive By Mode

Maja By Vulcan

Adriatic Maja By Vulcan

Collabs

Skull Keycaps x Basin

More

The raffle will be held on June 3rd and it'll last 24 hours.
You'll be able to find the purchase link in our Discord Community or Skull Keycap's Instagram / Discord.

MoziCaps x Basin

More

Microticaps
Coming Soon! Please join our Discord for updates.

KrakenKap
Coming Soon Please join our Discord for updates.

KeyCraving
Coming Soon Please join our Discord for updates.

Colors

Note: Please understand that the colors you see in the renders may look different from the physical colors. Please be aware that physical colors cannot be replicated in webspace.

Please consider filling out our feedback form and joining our Discord server by clicking on the images below.
By filling out our short feedback form helps us tremendously!

Special Thanks To

Swishy: This set would've never reached IC without you! Thank you for the countless hours you spent with me in a VC, answering all my dumb questions.
Matthewdias: Thank you for all your amazing suggestions and help with kitting.
Mirubere: Thanks for answering all my questions and giving me your honest opinion on this set!
Hank: Without your rendering help, my renders would've looked like they came out of a 32-bit game.
Mcheddadi: Thanks for all the support and suggesting we do a blue alternative set.
Skeil: Thank you for designing the amazing deskmats! (He's also running a IC so check it out here!)

Signature

If you would like to support this set please add this signature and spread the word.
To add a signature go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Forum Profile -> Signature
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112592.0][img width=249 height=86]https://i.imgur.com/Lh7USY9.png[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 April 2023, 09:08:56 by Nqrwhql »

Offline Nqrwhql

Re: [GB] PBTfans Basin | GB: June 1st - 30th
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 01:18:18 »
To Do List

Update Log

Make sure to join our Discord Community for more frequent updates and to be notified when we modify our GB thread.

Offline Nqrwhql

Re: [GB] PBTfans Basin | GB: June 1st - 30th
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 00:53:49 »
Skull Keycaps x Basin

The raffle will be held on June 3rd and it'll last 24 hours. Raffle is over. Thank you to everyone who participated!
You'll be able to find the purchase link in our Discord Community or Skull Keycap's Instagram / Discord.

More

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 June 2022, 11:19:58 by Nqrwhql »

Offline Surefoot

Re: [GB] PBTfans Basin | Now Live!
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 06:33:54 »
Fantastic :) Good luck with the GB. Getting a complete kit here...

Offline mcheddadi

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 11:33:25 »
PBT Basin. best blue set.   :thumb:

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 18:14:30 »
Fantastic :) Good luck with the GB. Getting a complete kit here...

PBT Basin. best blue set.   :thumb:

Thanks for the support!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 23:51:58 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 June 2022, 20:20:37 by dvorcol »

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 03:36:50 »
Halfway through Group Buy! Thanks for all the support!

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 00:06:40 »
8 days left! If you haven't already make sure to pick one up.

More artisan reveal soon!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 20:20:09 »

Edit: one more vendor updated
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 June 2022, 13:17:37 by dvorcol »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] PBTfans Basin | Awaiting final numbers!
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 16:24:41 »

More
<-- without extras

Edit: four kits canceled
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 July 2022, 12:01:09 by dvorcol »

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 15:38:45 »
Unfortunately the International, Adriatic International, 40s, and Adriatic 40s are going to be cancelled. We tried our best to negotiate with KBDfans and other vendors to buy more kits but they were all unwilling to invest so much money into kits that might not sell.

If you're wondering why I said all kits will be made above: KBDfans told us that all kits are able to be made with a increase in price. We announce that immediately after hearing about this. A few days later, they notified us that the price to manufacture the International, Adriatic International, 40s, and Adriatic 40s is too high and not worth it.

We have almost no control over this situation and this was a decision made by KBDfans and the other vendors. We want to apologize to everyone who invested their time and money into this set thinking they'll receive a international or 40s kit. You should contact your vendor to see how GB cancellations work and whether or not you would like to cancel your whole order or only that one kit. Again, we apologize if this situation affected you.

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 17:45:24 »
Unfortunately the International, Adriatic International, 40s, and Adriatic 40s are going to be cancelled. We tried our best to negotiate with KBDfans and other vendors to buy more kits but they were all unwilling to invest so much money into kits that might not sell.

If you're wondering why I said all kits will be made above: KBDfans told us that all kits are able to be made with a increase in price. We announce that immediately after hearing about this. A few days later, they notified us that the price to manufacture the International, Adriatic International, 40s, and Adriatic 40s is too high and not worth it.

We have almost no control over this situation and this was a decision made by KBDfans and the other vendors. We want to apologize to everyone who invested their time and money into this set thinking they'll receive a international or 40s kit. You should contact your vendor to see how GB cancellations work and whether or not you would like to cancel your whole order or only that one kit. Again, we apologize if this situation affected you.

Based on my experience with KBDfans I am not shocked one bit.

Offline Nqrwhql

Re: [GB] PBTfans Basin | Shipping!
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 21 September 2022, 21:16:11 »
Production has been completed and extras are now for sale on KBDfans. We appreciate all the support from everyone!

- Asynq Designs