Author Topic: KC60 Keyboard kit from AliExpress  (Read 3869 times)

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

KC60 Keyboard kit from AliExpress
« on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 08:58:59 »
I'm specifically looking at this one right here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Customized-KC60-60-Kit-Plastic-Case-Switches-Plate-Led-Stabilizers-for-60-Standard-ANSI-Mechanical-Keyboard/32629156371.html. What's the quality like? Does it come with everything you need to build it (excluding stuff like sodlering iron, solder, screwdriver, stuff like that)? There any build logs online? I've found a few but there aren't many quality ones. Is this the best 60% kit I can get for around this price? Or should I buy all the pieces seperate?

If this seems like a good deal on a good board, I'm going to buy it and do an in depth build log of it. If that's something you guys would be interested in.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: KC60 Keyboard kit from AliExpress
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 16:01:39 »
I won't comment on the price as I've not looked around lately nor the quality as I've never touched one of these, but kits 1 and 2 have everything you could possibly need (except keycaps) and kit 4 gives you everything you need for a functional plateless build, if that interests you.  With a plastic case and no plate I think it would be too light but maybe you'd like that?  It's a personal preference :)

The PCB already has diodes and resistors soldered so you just need to solder in the switches and switch LEDs which is probably why no-one's done a build log - there's not much to it.  If you're planning to build something crazy in the future doing a build log would be good practice though, it's easy to get lost in the process and forget to take pics of a step!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

Re: KC60 Keyboard kit from AliExpress
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 19:51:54 »
I'm looking at kit 1. For the price and free shipping, it seems like a great deal.