Author Topic: What mice do you use?  (Read 396977 times)

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
What mice do you use?
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 07 February 2011, 00:01:56 »
I started off with one of those Kensington Mouse-in-a-box mice.

Then I found my Logitech Mini Optical hiding somewhere among the rest of my older electronics.  I found out that it was an awesome mouse for Starcraft, so I popped it open, removed the weight, and started playing.  It's extremely light and perfect for those who use a fingertip grip on the mouse.

The only downside to it was it was a 400 DPI mouse, and with today's resolutions and a need for accuracy in SC2 I decided to get a new mouse.

For Christmas a Razer DeathAdder 3.5G as a present to myself along with a Steelseries QCK mouse pad.  They both feel and handle like a dream.  The DeathAdder is a lot heavier and larger than the LMO, but I just love the way it feels.

Supposedly the DeathAdder is for those who use the palm grip, but I'm more of a claw style and I find it to be fitting for my needs.

An ideal mouse would have probably been the Salmosa, but that one doesn't have the buttons on the side (which on my DeathAdder, I use for quicker browsing and navigation).
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com

Offline Metalix

What mice do you use?
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 04:53:53 »
My first gaming mouse was the logitech mx510. It was the best mouse I owned and I loved it. After a year of two the cable broke somehow and I replaced it with mx518. Same feeling no new mouse experiences. So I have this mouse for more than 4 years and it is still working great :) Nevertheless the mousefeets and the logitech logo on the top has dissapeared...
The leopold FC200RT Brown

Offline db_Iodine

What mice do you use?
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 05:30:28 »
Just a couple days ago I sold my two Logitech mice, the G5 rev1 and MX518 and replaced them with just one Steelseries Ikari Laser. I didn't really use the G5 all that much so I didn't need two mice and I got the opportunity to try the Ikari before I bought it. I really fell in love with the shape of it, so I thought I had to get it for my gaming mouse.

So far my experience is very positive. I set the Ikari to have two different dpi settings, one for gaming and one for desktop use. For gaming I use 1000dpi, and for desktop I use 1400dpi. Seems perfect so far. I'm not sure if the Laser sensor is much of an improvement over the old MX518, but the shape makes up for that in my opinion.

For work I use the trusty Logitech Performance MX. I still think this mouse has the best shape of all mice I've ever tried (even the predecessor MX Revolution). Nothing bad to say about this mouse, but I haven't really tried gaming on it so I can't say much about how it works for that kind of use.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline FireSlash

What mice do you use?
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 09:10:42 »
I started with an Atari Mouse.
With PCs I started with a bunch of generics
First good mouse was a Microsoft Home Serial. The first mouse to survive my Diablo habit. I held on to this for a long time, since optical wasn't really suitable for gaming for a while (and I had a habit of abusing the characteristics of ball mice for fast turning in FPS games)
Eventually the serial conversion became an issue and I bought a Kensington mouse in a box, which didn't last too long (Mouse buttons lost their tactile feel)

Then I bought a mx510, used it for ages, eventually wore out the scroll wheel just inside warranty, and Logitech mailed me out a mx518 to replace it. I played a bunch of FPS games so I eventually wanted a higher DPI mouse, so I went with a MS Sidewinder mouse, which developed awful tracking issues, so I replaced it with what I use now, a G9x; and I'm 100% happy with it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 February 2011, 09:13:34 by FireSlash »

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
What mice do you use?
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 09:28:40 »
My first "serious" mouse was the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. Then, I moved to the Logitech MX518, used that for like 3 years. Just recently I bought a g700 for $50 when it was on sale and had mail-in rebate deal and I couldn't be happier. I don't use all the buttons it has, but it is nice to have a really responsive wireless mouse with adjustable DPI.
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
What mice do you use?
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 10:29:54 »
My M570 works very well with HHKB.

Offline xira

What mice do you use?
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 10:47:04 »
I am a huge MX 518 fan. No other mouse has left me feeling complete :) And the time I tugged the cord a little too hard, Logitech replaced it no questions asked. I just wish they still came in colours other than Silver.
Keyboards: Leopold FC200RR/AWN - Rosewill RK-9000 Mouse: CM Storm Xornet

Offline Ekaros

What mice do you use?
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 14:21:28 »
Razer Diamondback and Krait... I like the shape of Razers even if quality is crap...
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline hfcobra

What mice do you use?
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 17:07:50 »
Quote from: Ekaros;292981
Razer Diamondback and Krait... I like the shape of Razers even if quality is crap...

thats how i feel about them, but i just stick with logitech since they are comfy, just not as comfy   :P   Plus, logitech's warranties are just the best, you just call them up with a proof of purchase and 90% of the time they just ship you a replacement no questions asked!   :D
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline BababooeyHTJ

What mice do you use?
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 18:54:00 »
I've gone through a few mice and I really love my deathadder. It's just so comfortable. It really fits my hand perfectly.

Offline eunjea

• http://kbdholic.net/
What mice do you use?
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 22:28:37 »

Offline DeltaGunner

What mice do you use?
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 11 February 2011, 07:45:11 »
CM Storm Sentinel Advance here. All of you haters about the sensor: i dont have the issues related to the twin eye laser and i absolutely love my mouse. I reccommended it to 3 other friends and they love it too. Other friend had a Roccat Kova and has a Kone and only the Kone
  • could be a worthy replacement for my current mouse.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Keyboards:
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Wishlist:
DAS Ultimate Model S Ultimate Silent, or atleast some other Cherry Brown
Mice:
Logitech Trackball
Logitech Trackman Wheel
CM Storm Sentinel Advance 5.600 DPI
Switches:
Blue
Want to try:
Black, Brown, Red and BS

Offline Arc'xer

What mice do you use?
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 11 February 2011, 14:29:51 »
Quote from: DeltaGunner;293332
CM Storm Sentinel Advance here. All of you haters about the sensor: i dont have the issues related to the twin eye laser and i absolutely love my mouse. I reccommended it to 3 other friends and they love it too. Other friend had a Roccat Kova and has a Kone and only the Kone
  • could be a worthy replacement for my current mouse.
The twin-eye engine isn't bad in the sense that it doesn't feel right. Many have praised how well it tracks and how well it performs, though it depends on the surface.

The reason why it gets so much hate is because of the fact it has the z-axis bug(the mouse shifts your view by a number of pixels about 100 or more; when lifting and resetting your mouse back down). People who are low sens and lift their mouse off and set it back down. This also affects people who are higher sensitivities and or use mouse acceleration and continuously lift off and put back down their mouse to change their view using their wrist.

Offline nmd

What mice do you use?
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 09:15:15 »
I use a Mionix Naos 3200. The Razer DeathAdder Black Edition is terribly tempting to get though. I tried using my SteelSeries Xai again and just like every other mouse now the clicks are too hard, the Naos 3200 clicks are so light it's like a cloud.

Offline db_Iodine

What mice do you use?
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 09:21:38 »
Quote from: nmd;294386
I use a Mionix Naos 3200. The Razer DeathAdder Black Edition is terribly tempting to get though. I tried using my SteelSeries Xai again and just like every other mouse now the clicks are too hard, the Naos 3200 clicks are so light it's like a cloud.

Weird. The Ikari Laser took some getting used to because it has considerably lighter clicks compared to all the Logitech mice I've tried and used. I haven't tried the Xai, but now I'm tempted to find out if the clicks are much different from Ikari..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline nmd

What mice do you use?
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 09:33:47 »
The SteelSeries Xai has probably the firmest click I've encountered on any mouse.

edit: Which is great for FPS games I think, a firm click makes damned sure you wanted to do it, I like light clicks for what I do though(mostly RTS.)

Offline Parabellum

What mice do you use?
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 11:44:25 »

Sigh, surprised the thing still works after two years.

Offline Koeitje

What mice do you use?
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 15:43:13 »
Using a Xai at the moment. I normally use a 36cm/360 in shooters with no acceleration. I've set it at 1620dpi.

Used:
- Deathadder (bought it twice, sold it twice. Can't stand the shape)
- Diamondback 3G (broke down, couldn't get another one)
- Diamondback 2G (loved it, couldn't get another one)
- Krait (Too small compared the Diamondback 2G)
- Kinzu (Acceleration is all over the place, it's really bad)
- Abyssus (Was okay, didn't feel as well built as all of the other mice mentioned above)
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 February 2011, 15:45:43 by Koeitje »

Offline Konrad

What mice do you use?
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 17:50:54 »
My new WACOM bamboo stylus/tablet is awesome for handwriting, or at least it would be if it wasn't so damned tiny.  It's more responsive than the stylus/touchscreen parts from my ancient PDAs, it happily doesn't suck (like a laptop touchpad) as I half-expected.  Size matters, bigger is better, too small just doesn't satisfy and no it just doesn't matter how well you use the damned tablet.

I've found that when used as a second mouse (and equipped with a TrueTip Finger Stylus on each hand so I don't have to grab at anything) I can get incredible extreme-dpi tablet accuracy for fps sniping, heeheehee.  I highly recommended this cheap cheating bastard trick, along with leet on-screen crosshairs.

Offline Daniel Beaver

What mice do you use?
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 18:45:17 »
I highly recommended this cheap cheating bastard trick, along with leet on-screen crosshairs.
That's the cheapest, basterdiest trick...

I might have to try that.

Home: Topre Realforce 87W45  /  Mionix Naos 3200
Work: Topre Realforce 87B  /  Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Offline Surly73

What mice do you use?
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 20:17:24 »
Razer DA (1800dpi)
MX510
Kensington Expert Mouse
MS Natural 7000

Without getting into any headshot machismo BS, the DA feels really great for me for all purposes.  Good shape, good button feel, good tracking, nice glide.  I had one brick on me (my wife wanted to use the PC, I did a user fast switch and the mouse didn't work any more) but Razer replaced it.  I haven't had any durability concerns with the rubbery coating, but I know that some might depending on your grip and skin chemistry.

I had a Wacom Intuos3 to use for Photoshop.  I never really used it much so I sold it.

I had a Razer Lachesis for about 10 minutes before I realized I hated the shape and returned it.

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
What mice do you use?
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 21:35:51 »
I'm on a Mamba right now. Used to love this thing when I didn't use my desktop a lot, but now that I'm on it some 3-4 hours a day the thing makes my hard hurt. So I bought a Naos 3200...looks sexy and perfect for my big hands. Love that form factor! Can't wait til Friday :p

These next two weeks are going to be fantastic. Filco tenkeyless coming in the mail early next week, Naos 3200 and Samurai Xai Hien mousepad, maybe a new pair of headphones soon...so psyched!!

My wallet isn't :( Girlfriend finally payed me back for rent and I go BUCK WIIIIIILD on Amazon.
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline kill will

• http://www.jerseyshoredailies.com
What mice do you use?
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 22:48:38 »
i was on ms intellimouse for 10 years ... now i use a wireless mamba as well ... ive tried 10 other mice, and i didnt like them.
I <3 BS

Offline Rairden

What mice do you use?
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 22:57:51 »
I used a general electric cheap 400 dpi optical mouse for 3-4 years and competed at high levels (Cal-Invite) in CoD1 and UO back in 2003 era.  The most comfortable mouse because it's super light and basic shape just like the intellimouse 3.0.

Then got some mild carpal tunnel and/or tendonitis in right thumb and ring finger.  I lingered over the years and then used a logitech mx518 for the past 5 years at least.  That mouse is just too heavy I finally realized.  I used it for MMO's (Lineage2, Aion) and TF2 in cevo/cal leagues.

The thing is that I could never disable mouse acceleration on 1680x1050 with a 1600 dpi mouse like the mx518.

I use the Steelseries xai now.  Thing is ****in awesome hardware spec wise.  And software programmability wise.  The mouse is very basic shaped like my General electric mouse.  The only downside to it, IMO, is it's slightly heavy FOR ME.  Although compared to 95% of other mice it's lighter than average.  I'm also a claw-grip type.  I'm definately not a palm rest/palm gripper.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 February 2011, 23:02:15 by Rairden »

Offline Choopy

What mice do you use?
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 23:24:13 »
I used a Wolf King Trooper mouse for about two years. I've since upgraded to a Logitech g9x and am really digging it so far. :V

Offline Konrad

What mice do you use?
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 23:28:46 »
Quote from: Surly73;295785
Without getting into any headshot machismo BS ...
It's only semi-machismo this time around. With my cheap tablet trick I have some chance of pulling these sorts of shots off. Without this trick I suck like a monkey. One mouse moves fast, one aims precisely (and the tablet is fantastic for this).

lol, I bought the WACOM for CAD work, though it hasn't actually seen any such use yet.

Agreed, the lachesis seemed too clunky to grip comfortably.

Offline Atranox

What mice do you use?
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 07:55:29 »
I'm using a CM Storm Sentinel as well.  No problems with the laser at all - from my understanding, the latest drivers fixed some inconsistencies with tracking.  For what it's worth, I'm also using a Razer Goliathus mouse pad.

Offline .XL

What mice do you use?
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 14:43:42 »
Quote from: Atranox;296658
I'm using a CM Storm Sentinel as well.  No problems with the laser at all - from my understanding, the latest drivers fixed some inconsistencies with tracking.  For what it's worth, I'm also using a Razer Goliathus mouse pad.

I'll have to give that a try. I just got the Naos 3200 from UPS today and while it's a great mouse, it's not the ubermouse I was looking for (size wise). I think this might have to do with my hand being used to the Mamba, with the Naos being a different build design it feels like a stranger in my hand if you know what I mean.

Build quality is definitely better than the Mamba, though. Not going back to Razer after this...a $50 mouse that has much superior build quality than a $140 mouse doesn't seem right to me.
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline Canada

What mice do you use?
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 13:15:00 »
Logitech M100

Despite what the picture may suggest, it does not have a side-to-side scroll wheel.  The scroll wheel is a standard one.  

For $4.99, I can't complain.  It tracks well on my table and is extremely light.

Offline kill will

• http://www.jerseyshoredailies.com
What mice do you use?
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 13:42:56 »
wireless mamba .. i used a ms intellimouse for 10 years ... not lookin back
I <3 BS

Offline db_Iodine

What mice do you use?
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 13:53:04 »
Quote from: .XL;296840
I'll have to give that a try. I just got the Naos 3200 from UPS today and while it's a great mouse, it's not the ubermouse I was looking for (size wise). I think this might have to do with my hand being used to the Mamba, with the Naos being a different build design it feels like a stranger in my hand if you know what I mean.

Build quality is definitely better than the Mamba, though. Not going back to Razer after this...a $50 mouse that has much superior build quality than a $140 mouse doesn't seem right to me.

I think you could get used to the shape and size of the Naos. I'm quite interested in the Naos 3200 myself and would love to try it out somewhere, but it seems that there are no shops that have the mouse on display so I could try if the shape would suit me or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline .XL

What mice do you use?
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 15:25:29 »
Quote from: db_Iodine;298869
I think you could get used to the shape and size of the Naos. I'm quite interested in the Naos 3200 myself and would love to try it out somewhere, but it seems that there are no shops that have the mouse on display so I could try if the shape would suit me or not.

The width is great for me, it's just the height is a little strange coming off a mamba. If you've used a Mamba/Deathadder you'll know what I mean by the 'height' of it. The Naos is slightly shorter. I like to palm grip my mice where my palm is at the top of the mouse, with the Naos I have to palm grip with my palm farther back. If it was the height of the Mamba it'd be perfect for me.

I'm getting used to it thought. I like everything about it more than the Mamba, except for the height, which I'm still unsure on. It's not that I don't like it, it's that it feels weird, I guess. I'm starting to find a combination of the claw/palm grip to be the most comfortable and natural for me.

Offline db_Iodine

What mice do you use?
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 15:37:20 »
Quote from: .XL;298938
The width is great for me, it's just the height is a little strange coming off a mamba. If you've used a Mamba/Deathadder you'll know what I mean by the 'height' of it. The Naos is slightly shorter. I like to palm grip my mice where my palm is at the top of the mouse, with the Naos I have to palm grip with my palm farther back. If it was the height of the Mamba it'd be perfect for me.

I'm getting used to it thought. I like everything about it more than the Mamba, except for the height, which I'm still unsure on. It's not that I don't like it, it's that it feels weird, I guess. I'm starting to find a combination of the claw/palm grip to be the most comfortable and natural for me.

My Ikari is pretty low and I still kind of like the shape of it. I might give the Naos 3200 a go, since I could order one for a decent price right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline manfaux

What mice do you use?
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 12:46:23 »
Quote from: db_Iodine;298953
My Ikari is pretty low and I still kind of like the shape of it. I might give the Naos 3200 a go, since I could order one for a decent price right now.

+1 for Ikari, hands down the best contour I've ever came across with, such comfortable support for every one of my fingers, if you can live with the ****ty steelseries driver.

Offline db_Iodine

What mice do you use?
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 12:56:40 »
Quote from: manfaux;299395
+1 for Ikari, hands down the best contour I've ever came across with, such comfortable support for every one of my fingers, if you can live with the ****ty steelseries driver.

I don't mind the drivers. The only problem with the Ikari is that it's sometimes quite hard to lift up because of the shape. My hand always slips a little when I need to lift and move the mouse. The shape is in every other way much better than my old G5 and G500, but because of the problems I'm having with lifting it, I'm considering trying the Mionix Naos 3200.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline .XL

What mice do you use?
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 22:41:10 »
Quote from: db_Iodine;299402
I don't mind the drivers. The only problem with the Ikari is that it's sometimes quite hard to lift up because of the shape. My hand always slips a little when I need to lift and move the mouse. The shape is in every other way much better than my old G5 and G500, but because of the problems I'm having with lifting it, I'm considering trying the Mionix Naos 3200.

I'm starting to really get a feel for the Naos. I'd even say I like it's form factor more than my Mamba now. It feels more natural in my hand.

I've heard it's the same dimensions all around as the Ikari. If that's the case, you'll love this mouse. The way your hand sits is quite natural and comfortable, and the rubbery coating is nice. It's also easy to life up since it's got the little finger rests on the right side. Your ring finger and pinky when resting on the side of the mouse will easily tighten slightly and allow for lifting up of the mouse.

The lift off distance is slightly larger than my Mamba. It's a smidgen (I know, I'm so exact) less than the width of a cigarette...i.e. if resting on the cigarette it won't move the cursor, but if you press down a bit the cursor will move slightly. The Mamba has about the same distance, but it feels like less for some odd reason. Maybe because it's lighter?

Offline hfcobra

What mice do you use?
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 23:47:49 »
Hey!  Check our my review of the Razer Deathadder Black and the Logitech G500 over at OCN.

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline StanII

What mice do you use?
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 20:11:00 »
using a Razer DeathAdder Black Edition myself.

Offline hfcobra

What mice do you use?
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 20:16:55 »
between the deathadder and the G500 i prefer the G500 a LOT more.  I just wish that I knew how to set it to 1:1, find a good sensitivity, and solve the acceleration problem and it will be perfect.  

Can anyone help me with this?

Offline manfaux

What mice do you use?
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 21:22:42 »
Quote from: hfcobra;300096
between the deathadder and the G500 i prefer the G500 a LOT more.  I just wish that I knew how to set it to 1:1, find a good sensitivity, and solve the acceleration problem and it will be perfect.  

Can anyone help me with this?

i thought putting the sensitivity setting at the middle makes it 1:1?

Offline hfcobra

What mice do you use?
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 21:33:30 »
Quote from: manfaux;300122
i thought putting the sensitivity setting at the middle makes it 1:1?

well i have that down, but I dont know what to do for the rest of the mouse settings lol.   :P

I basically want to optimize the mouse, but I dont really know how other than to set it to 1:1.  I just listed it there to show that I am basically starting from nothing for whoever wants to help me out.

Offline denydog

What mice do you use?
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 04:31:17 »
For a couple of years now I've used a  Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 with my netbook, via Bluetooth.  It's tiny.  It also doesn't seem to track all that well on my shirt, which is what I generally use for a mouse surface when I'm lying on the couch. :)

For the desktop, I was using Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 V2, but I  recently gave it to my wife to use with her notebook, because it has a smaller dongle than the one she was previously using.

I've moved to a Microsoft X8 wireless mouse, with a Steelseries SX pad.  The X8 is the best mouse that I've personally used.  It seems like it tracks perfectly, feels very precise, and has been glitch free.  I like using the adjustable CPI, and the rechargeable battery lasts about a week when it's off the wire, though I keep it attached about half the time. The only complaint I have with it is, because of its shape, it takes more effort to lift and reposition than I'd like.  Especially since I usually have to avoid hitting the side buttons.  I use a fingertip claw grip.

I have to mention the SX pad as I may like it even more than the mouse.  The key I think, is to buff on a very light coating of silicone lube (from a dive shop) which makes it very slippery, and keeps the noise down.  The black anodized aluminum was a little noisy when I first used it.

I'm enjoying this combination.

Mechanical Keyboard-one; Deck Legend Ice Tactile

Offline .XL

What mice do you use?
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 12:43:24 »
So unfortunately, after a week or so of using the Mionix Naos 3200, I've decided to return it to Amazon (best return policy EVER). My issues with it were few, but important to me.

Pros:
-Great grip
-Great feel
-Very comfortable
-tracks well
-Supports fingers very well

Cons:
-Prediction kind of screwed me a bit in games
-Too low, this is the biggest issue for me

If you like the Ikari, I'm sure you'll love this mouse. But if you're coming off of something with a high arch like the DeathAdder or Mamba and like the shape, I doubt you will like this mouse for longer than 15 minutes. I just couldn't get used to how low it was. My hand would literally ache after some use (the ache would be in the palm of my hand), while the Mamba just seems to sit naturally in my hand (and looks badass too).

Overall, I'd give the Naos 3200 an 8.5/10, and the Mamba an 8/10 overall, but I just couldn't get used to how low it was after spending a year with the Mamba.

I remember the Mamba felt perfect in my hand from the first time I used it, and with the Mionix it felt perfect also. But, that feeling diminished after a bit of use, leading me to be very skeptical of if I'd ever truly like it over my Mamba. I decided to return it rather than risk losing the money.

My advice to all mouse-buyers...the Mionix is a GREAT mouse, one I think you should get only if you don't mind the height of it. It's not 'low' vs. other gaming mice, it's of the average height, but it's lower than the DeathAdder/Mamba, and that proved to be the biggest drawback for me.

Now, maybe I'll start looking at that Logitech MX Revolution, or whatever they call their wireless mice. It looks HUGE. I want a BIG gaming mouse, something that supports my ring finger and maybe pinky, too.

I think if they made the Naos as high as the Mamba in the middle, it'd be the perfect mouse for me. Unfortunately, though, I'm sending it back to Amazon tomorrow, and I will use the refund to try out a new mouse.

Any suggestions with the above in mind:?

Offline db_Iodine

What mice do you use?
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 13:23:11 »
Quote from: .XL;302298
So unfortunately, after a week or so of using the Mionix Naos 3200, I've decided to return it to Amazon (best return policy EVER). My issues with it were few, but important to me.

Pros:
-Great grip
-Great feel
-Very comfortable
-tracks well
-Supports fingers very well

Cons:
-Prediction kind of screwed me a bit in games
-Too low, this is the biggest issue for me

If you like the Ikari, I'm sure you'll love this mouse. But if you're coming off of something with a high arch like the DeathAdder or Mamba and like the shape, I doubt you will like this mouse for longer than 15 minutes. I just couldn't get used to how low it was. My hand would literally ache after some use (the ache would be in the palm of my hand), while the Mamba just seems to sit naturally in my hand (and looks badass too).

Overall, I'd give the Naos 3200 an 8.5/10, and the Mamba an 8/10 overall, but I just couldn't get used to how low it was after spending a year with the Mamba.

I remember the Mamba felt perfect in my hand from the first time I used it, and with the Mionix it felt perfect also. But, that feeling diminished after a bit of use, leading me to be very skeptical of if I'd ever truly like it over my Mamba. I decided to return it rather than risk losing the money.

My advice to all mouse-buyers...the Mionix is a GREAT mouse, one I think you should get only if you don't mind the height of it. It's not 'low' vs. other gaming mice, it's of the average height, but it's lower than the DeathAdder/Mamba, and that proved to be the biggest drawback for me.

Now, maybe I'll start looking at that Logitech MX Revolution, or whatever they call their wireless mice. It looks HUGE. I want a BIG gaming mouse, something that supports my ring finger and maybe pinky, too.

I think if they made the Naos as high as the Mamba in the middle, it'd be the perfect mouse for me. Unfortunately, though, I'm sending it back to Amazon tomorrow, and I will use the refund to try out a new mouse.

Any suggestions with the above in mind:?

After reading this, I think I made up my mind to purchase the Naos 3200 myself.

You should check the Logitech G700 out. I think it's as high (or almost) as the Performance MX, but it is supposedly better for gaming.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline hfcobra

What mice do you use?
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 14:33:36 »
yep, I still prefer my G500 after trying out the Deathadder.  The Deathadder just was not a comfortable mouse for me at all since I have huge hands and use a fingertip/claw grip.  Not a good grip for the Deathadder at all imo.

Offline .XL

What mice do you use?
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 00:54:59 »
Quote from: db_Iodine;302316
After reading this, I think I made up my mind to purchase the Naos 3200 myself.

It's definitely worth the money if you like the Ikari shape. I honestly think it's the best mouse I've ever owned...I just couldn't get used to the shape, which is a shame. My brother picked up a RAT7 so I'll give that a try and see if I can try out the G700 somewhere around here. Thanks for the info!

Offline Scarzy

• http://enecutive.blogspot.com/
What mice do you use?
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 03:45:05 »
I have  a few mice and I have used them all for long periods of time on and off. I have a Intellimouse 3.0 which I now use and is probably my favourite mouse, with Steelseries glides on it at the moment because hyperglide are an absolute joke.

I also have a Deathadder (old 1800DPI version), Wheel mouse optical (which I love), intellimouse 1.1, and a MX518. I like all mice, but variations in weight and shape put me off them; I find the 3.0's shape beautiful and comfort is there for me. I find it a little light, but I put up with it. The sensor is fine for me too and I generally prefer no prediction so MS mice are the best.

Offline killy

What mice do you use?
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 10:46:37 »
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the right ergonomics, holding positions, wrist vs elbow, etc, etc. In the end I got this symmetric Kinzu mouse and I don't think I've been more satisfied.

Offline Exoverture

What mice do you use?
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 12:34:38 »
I'd have to say my favorite mouse would be the G9x.

I previously had the MX518, and tried out the G5, G500. Compared to the G9x, it feels like I'm gripping a cylinder bar when I go back to the 518/G5/00.

It's an excellent shape, I use the precision grip. The default grip is not only worse, but the texture rubber peels off gradually (same as MX518). The precision is infinitely better.

Comfortable, great mouse wheel, sturdy, and build quality is pretty top notch imo. It's definitely for claw grip users.

One con I would have, is that I'm a freak when something plastic-y creaks. Reminds me of fisher price toys. This has interchangeable grips, thus it's not a one piece. For that, it creaks very minimally considering the grip can come off.

A few pieces of (non-seeable when put on) tape on the inside of the grip makes this feel solid as ever.

Offline EdwardTeach

What mice do you use?
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 18:15:06 »
I have a sidewinder x8. I was disappointed to read today that Microsoft are cancelling the sidewinder range, as I really like it.

I don't think there is an equivalent wireless mouse with similar features at the same price point. The only similar specced mouse I can think of is the razor mamba, but that is about twice the price.