geekhack Community > Input Devices

Opinions on Razer?

<< < (2/7) > >>

jcoffin1981:
It seems sentiment has not changed much.  I'm not in a rush to support a company that is dishonest or at least not entirely forthcoming.  But with that said, their premium mice come- Mamba, Basilisk, and Naga, and DA come with very favorable reviews.  At the same time I don't want to deny myself a great mouse as it seems finding one that personally fits you can be quite a task.

_rubik:
I bought a death adder 10 years ago when I was still in school. I used it as my primary mouse for 5-7 years and then my gaming mouse for another 3.

Note: it was my only non-ball mouse for _years_. About a year ago, I bought a Model O for gaming and a MX Master 2 for general use. I'll never go back. I don't think Razer mice are so entirely awful, but there are certainly better options.

Between the build quality, company politics, and general driver software -- I don't see myself buying any of their products for a looong time.

Leslieann:
Prices are meh at best, and their quality is very hit or miss it seems.

The biggest issue with Razer though, as mentioned is their software.
The mining thing was and still is inexcusable, it's been shown it can never do what they claim and if you know anything about mining that prospect only gets worse as time goes on.

They do make a good mousepad though if you ave a glass desk, my Sphex was amazing and changed how I looked at mouse pads.

jamster:
I own this Razer product. It's been fantastic- reliable, and it does what it is designed to do without any fuss.

https://imgur.com/i6eBr4H

--- Quote from: jcoffin1981 on Sun, 10 October 2021, 17:50:47 ---It seems sentiment has not changed much.  I'm not in a rush to support a company that is dishonest or at least not entirely forthcoming.  But with that said, their premium mice come- Mamba, Basilisk, and Naga, and DA come with very favorable reviews.  At the same time I don't want to deny myself a great mouse as it seems finding one that personally fits you can be quite a task.

--- End quote ---

Are these short term product reviews, or aggregated long-term user reviews for reliability? Over the years, I have shifted away from using tech gadget reviews, or at least when I look at reviews nowadays it tends to be more for the negatives, partly to assess how critical and detailed the reviewer is, and partly to look for factors which could cause ownership annoyance.

jamster:
double post

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version